April 27, 2024, 03:26:16 PM

Author Topic: So....everybody was bawlin fuh Julius James to play. How he play yesterday?  (Read 5464 times)

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile

Hopefully we will never see Cupid, Abu Bakr and James again! And latas for that matter. The backline get 4 goals and gk saved the 5th after Costa Rican fans started to feel sorry for tnt.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
It's tough to have a good first game in CR at high altitude of all places. You all remember Cyd Gray back in 2001 under Porters. I swear I woulda never see he play for TT again :-)

Latas didn't do it with just one defender but three - he was asking for dat licks. But then again they thought JLS was coming ;D

I don't want to comment on the quality of play becz i had a bad feed here in my part of the world. We were a bit lucky in the first half played well considering. Just lost the plot in the sec. hlf. could have been the fatigue as well.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I still not seeing the problem with Bakr. Like no defenders ever get beat by a dribble before? He always tracking back with the man and he always working hard; I doh see him being caught ball watching like Lawrence, Dog and every other defender in the past.

Yes he have things to work on, but I still eh see him doing shite yet.

He will get beat for pace so he have to improve his positioning or his communication with his backline, both of which can only come in time
He could be stronger in the tackle and a better header of the ball for his height. But other than that...I really not seeing the problem with him as opposed to 30 year old men who is do just as much nonsense.

Every one of our defenders since Beenie gone has made stupid mistakes at some point, every single one...so i rather Bakr to the others cause he have the tools to improve.

JJ didn't do much in the game and the third goal was never his fault, he had 3 men around him. One in front, one on top the box and the man running in behind who score the goal. The midfield shoulda be there tracking back once the RB was outta position and Bakr had to run across to take d beat.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

My sentiments exactly Spidey.  As a matter of fact, Thompson was left out of position on a number of occasions, with Carlos up in the front too, Bakr had to keep picking up the slack on the right side which was constantly being raided.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
JJ play good but Abu not ready.  KJ show why he in the EPL but of course when you have to to collect the fall 30yards from goal there isn't much you can do.  Them locals ain't ready nor the coach.

Interesting.  You seem to agree with a liot of preceding posters on this thread that Abu had a bad game and proclaim him to be "not ready".

Yet, unless my memory fails me, many on here were proclaiming the same Abu as a great prospect after his solid showings on debut against Mexico in Mexico and against both the USA at de crawfie and Honduras in Honduras.  I think I even remember small mag and all havin Abu as a startin central defender in he 2014 lineup.

If my memory is indeed correct, then we supporters does jes trow men out jes so.  Praise one day, shithong a nex.

I still can't understand how people saying he was good vs Mexico, when everything came through him. It amazes me.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
The 1st 3 goals we can lay blame on Bakr. The fella way to slow to be playing international ball.

1st goal he had acre of room to either stay on his feet an kick the ball out for a corner or receive and clear the ball out wide, even make a pass.

2nd goal he get beat over the top and burned for paced. Now the ball heading to the endline and what he do? He chase the ball all the way to the endline (did not bend his knees and very poor foot work), when he should have pulled off a bit and stand the fella up giving the rest of the defense a chance to get back.

3rd goal JJ did what he was supposed to do. He waited until the pass was made forward, put pressure on the player. Now Look at Bakr, he standing of to the side of the highest player when thats the player to be man up on. If JJ pushed to early on the first striker then the ball goes in behind, the 2nd forward has to be man marked cause the ball cannot be played behind (if it does then the keeper just pick it up).

Bakr has very poor positional play and the 3 goals showed tyhis glaringly.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Do we really expect to put a completely new back line of young inexperienced players, I might add, who never played with each other until a few drills two days before a big game - a world Cup qualifier, and expect perfect play?  We had a lot a disorganization among players who played 20 to 50 games together.  I think given the circumstances these players did well.  They obviously did not know each other well and did not communicate together well.  They are young and can be kept together for the next 8 years. I see a lot of promise in this group.  I say let them play and give them many friendlies in preparation for the Gold Cup 2011, 2013 and WC 2014.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Do we really expect to put a completely new back line of young inexperienced players, I might add, who never played with each other until a few drills two days before a big game - a world Cup qualifier, and expect perfect play?  We had a lot a disorganization among players who played 20 to 50 games together.  I think given the circumstances these players did well.  They obviously did not know each other well and did not communicate together well.  They are young and can be kept together for the next 8 years. I see a lot of promise in this group.  I say let them play and give them many friendlies in preparation for the Gold Cup 2011, 2013 and WC 2014.

That's exactly it. I am not disappointed or embarassed really as what happened should have been expected. At the same time, the technical staff (Yorke and Latas) raise people hopes about a win, chainin up we here on the board.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
JJ play good but Abu not ready.  KJ show why he in the EPL but of course when you have to to collect the fall 30yards from goal there isn't much you can do.  Them locals ain't ready nor the coach.

Interesting.  You seem to agree with a liot of preceding posters on this thread that Abu had a bad game and proclaim him to be "not ready".

Yet, unless my memory fails me, many on here were proclaiming the same Abu as a great prospect after his solid showings on debut against Mexico in Mexico and against both the USA at de crawfie and Honduras in Honduras.  I think I even remember small mag and all havin Abu as a startin central defender in he 2014 lineup.

If my memory is indeed correct, then we supporters does jes trow men out jes so.  Praise one day, shithong a nex.

That is the football as we know it Palos. This is why every player gets his chance to shine and the only yard stick measurable for a man staying on the team is good performances.  It didn't have any experience D close to Abu bawling in his ears telling him what to do, so the man did not show the stuff deserving of a national player in that position.  So yeah if he was great yesterday but doing crud today drop him.    And fire Latas while you at it.
JJ get he chance and he aight. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
That is the football as we know it Palos. This is why every player gets his chance to shine and the only yard stick measurable for a man staying on the team is good performances.  It didn't have any experience D close to Abu bawling in his ears telling him what to do, so the man did not show the stuff deserving of a national player in that position.  So yeah if he was great yesterday but doing crud today drop him.    And fire Latas while you at it.
JJ get he chance and he aight. 

"Yesterday was yesterday and today is today"..... :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Here what does bodder me eh,

People talking bout Latas mad to try ah brand new backline wid chree new men playing together...and das why we get all dem goal.
Let meh explain someting for all de non fitballers who mirror dem same sentiments.

1.  At national level, when men fly eeen or start to train chree days before ah game - dat is sufficient time to learn tactics...yuh not coming dey to learn to trap and pass, nyder coming dey to learn to run fast....Dese men is professionals, and should be able to adapt qute easily.....why dey didnt look like ah unit? - das dem own watlessness, or maybe dey not ready for de fitball level...so doh blame Latas

2.  Once yuh not fit or fast (which we players should have already been) den is no way yuh could breakdown two touch fitball from dem midget and dem, nyder can you intercept de obvious passes....

3.  So because of dem deficiencies, my suggestion would be to play four across de back wid de fastest man in de fus stopper role, and leave de Bakr boy free to in de back to read de game, because he has great fitball intelligence incase all yuh didnt know.... He aint giving yuh no wild boomkick like de Doggy man and he lil stronger dan Tallest.

4.  Julius on de odder hand, is what yuh does call ah diehard fitballer..Very knowledgeable about de game also and could only do so much....
Not to contradict meh earlier statement, but I tink de problem was more in de midfield.  because we were actually playing ah 3-1-1, and dis is not basketball.  Ah non existing midfield bong to kill-off 3 men

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This was his debut match and he get sent off, in addition he will miss the mexico game.

he shoot himself in the foot!

hopefully he could get a run in the shell cup and get a next evaluation!

1]; } ?>