April 25, 2024, 01:52:32 PM

Author Topic: Now is the time to reclaim.......Stand up for TNT  (Read 5216 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Now is the time to reclaim.......Stand up for TNT
« on: April 06, 2006, 07:09:24 PM »
Remember when man just wanted to represent TNT? well today imagine  football player get to realize the ultimate dream of playing in world cup yet they asking government for  big money!!!!!

Remember when TNT  was feared  in the Caribbean? now look at we? everyone licking we up.

TNT ripe for changes: come end of July; leh we start  getting the house in order for 2010.

Latapy should be groomed to assume some coaching responsibilities: U21??? to start.

Make a call for TNT national Stephen Hart...

Let's find out who we have out here for experts. I am not talking 'has beens' BUT IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT WE HAVE COACHES WITH CURRENT knowledge and skills to take us to the next level.

It have nuff nationals with  a wealth of experience abroad... time fuh man to come home and provide clinics and to assist with the development of the game and the  teaching of coaches.

All so called experts like Corneal is ah waste of time yes. How could man who alleges to have so call knoweldge  of the game stand by and let  our youths be so severely embarrassed?

Why did Phillips not call upon Anton to provide guidance , training and assistance to Ron?

Look is time we build and reclaim our supremacy in we neck ah the world yes ; else oh lawd even Dominica go buss we up. So wait nah what makes those countries coaches on par with us? ah have tuh say Haiti  have a better coach given where we are today.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 08:10:07 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: Now is the time to reclaim.......Stand up for TNT
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 07:16:45 PM »
well said Alberta...

really well said...

I agree very much... I believe Lincoln can do a good job but Anton does seem a little fishy...

Latapy should be a great coach I also believe Dwight would also be a great coach... when a man has that much commitment to staying fit and ready for his country and his club it should always rub off on your players...
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 07:23:44 PM »
TNT must stand up and prepare well for 2010. Don't be fool but them other central American countries and the rest of the Caribbean islands are done preparing for 2010. I agree Alberta. As soon as world cup done we have to get the house in order for 2010. If Beenie happen to leave, lord forbid we need to bring a coach in with a four years vision and he must get alot of support from admin, players and fans. It will take alot more effort and hard work to qualify for 2010 because teams like Guatemala, Honduras, Haiti, Jamaica, Canada, Cuba and Panama are improving vastly.

Offline Girl Warrior

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 09:58:27 PM »
I agree and echo your sentiments and I definitely think that we really need to look at the coaching issue in this country in a serious way if the younger generation of footballers are going to carry us to WC 2010
The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall... Che Guevara

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 04:18:14 AM »
In my opinion coaches and players can be the product of a proper league (at all levels) & dedicated a administration. just as we need to develop a youth system whereby we would be able to continually produce players of the necessary calibre to compete at the international level we need to get our house in order in terms of coaching.

We have far too many past players in our system masquerading as "coaches". every tom dick & harry thinks that a few years playing savannah league is a rite of passage as a qualified coach. With a proper junior & senior league structure in place we can identify those with the potential to be good coaches. Then maybe we can have some sent abroad and properly trained...maybe even ask permission to join a few foreign clubs as an observer to gain some experience much like a young apprentice and then come home where thhey may be ready for the job of leading a team.

Player wanting to coach after retirement should also be given the opportunity to gain their qualifications. This sort of scheme would reuire the current administration to undergo a complete overhauling & gut checking for those aristocrats and "experts" who currently govern our football body.

Far too long has infighting & badmind plaugued TTFF preventing the much needed rexoval of the blinders & greed that balnket those of the "knowledge".

Just a thought & for me a proper structure for developing coahes is just as necessary as a structure for developing players. How else would we be able to find the nex paul le guen or the next stuart peacre? ??? (both young managers doing well)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2006, 05:51:02 AM »
Scarface you could not have said it better,for too long our players have always been ridiculed and taken a lot of stick for the level of Football in T&T where as the main culprits are our Coaches,unless these guys start taking their responsibility more seriously it will not get us anywhere,they must be more professional in their approach to the game,we are more connected now than in the past with what's going on in Football outside of T&T to be more prepared than we are,but is either we don't care or i'm only here for a short time mentality.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006, 05:57:34 AM »
Hi Coop- Thou art the man- Give us a summer program as a start.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2006, 08:52:27 AM »
Hi Coop- Thou art the man- Give us a summer program as a start.
      I'm not here to prove what i can or cannot do,is just that Football is my life just like everybody else and i trying to share my experiences and views with you all,by the way i learn a lot from discussions on this board(education).

I'm not the man(wrong person)it have so many programs that any one who involved in this game a long time can use, i don't have to put anything on here for anybody,i may deal with pm's which i have done many times.

Programs differ depending on the needs of the particular Club,team etc age,individual skill and level of play are major considerations.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2006, 06:40:13 PM »
It's a crying shame that I started the  notion of who  and what we ought to look  for as coaches for our national program in this thread. You know ah man start a thread with the Stephan Hart talk and all man ignore this one. Why  man so?
why can't we follow up on one thread?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2006, 09:04:52 AM »
Ok time for some serious talk about where we are going as afootball nation; The foundation for a leagacy has been laid, let's  capatialize on it.

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
  • red GIRL from sando, kairi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2006, 09:33:03 AM »
Many, many threads about improving T&T football. What are we each doing to contribute?

Even if the TTFF and the Committee for 2010 lurking on these boards from time to time, if we're each serious about 'change' then we each have to actually do something.

One of the things I want to help with is women's football in T&T, especially at primary school and secondary school levels. When I played for Naps for the longest time we didn't have a coach; we would ocassionally have Hoyte from Pres coming over to coach us, but it was only when Antonia Lucky took us under her wing that we started to win some matches. We still didn't have anywhere to train most of the time, but the most demoralising thing in the world is playing games to empty stadiums. No one bothers with the Girls' Intercol/SSFL matches.

And I remember being 5 or 6 years old and begging my parents to send me to football camp with my brother, but getting blank because none of the camps in Sando catered for girls.

We have to take women's football just as seriously as we do the men's. Football in T&T has to be reexamined on all levels.
-be the change you wish to see-

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2006, 09:38:19 AM »
Sin,
I agree with you 100%; we have to be very intentional and deliberate in the development of all facets of our football program.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 11:15:58 AM »
Today the u-20 better reclaim a rightful place in TNT football excellence!!!! nuff tata done  left on the field. Leh we play some decent football NOW.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 08:12:32 AM »
2010 coaching  team for TNT:

SH......head coach

Latapy.....co- coach
Dwight Yorke...special team advisor

Hislop.... Goal keeper coach

These men have been there; they know the local context; they bring a wealth of experience.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2007, 06:14:04 PM »
wha happen noone cyar talk about we future?

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2007, 06:18:56 PM »
Definitely, now is the time to reclaim. Critical point we are at right now. If the blacklisted warriors are slain then daiz it for another 20 years at least before we could recover from de fallout. So strategize and think outta debox like nevah b4
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2007, 06:21:28 PM »
wha happen no one cyar talk about we future?
If you totally remove all those who are involved in the TTFF and in advisor positions....then I believe there will be dialogue

OR
if there is a 180 degree change in their thinking about how to treat the players.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 06:25:22 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2007, 03:23:00 PM »
Now is the time to make whole sale changes in the direction of our program. Which amongst us  would stand up and proclaim that TTFF is in good hands?

d_#1Trinba

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2007, 11:55:01 AM »
it's time for sw members to be heard and to let the ttff know that we understand that a national coach election was needed oui

d_#1Trinba

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2007, 11:56:18 AM »
i will write my later as soon as the end of the holidays fetes..vibes it up

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2008, 07:22:33 AM »
The time has come!!!!!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2013, 10:39:29 AM »
 Would people agree that  we are on the positive road  to reclamation?

1]; } ?>