March 28, 2024, 05:19:47 PM

Author Topic: Warner gets sponsorship for U-20’s parents  (Read 4773 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Warner gets sponsorship for U-20’s parents
« on: September 21, 2009, 06:07:28 AM »
Warner gets sponsorship for U-20’s parents.
T&T Newsday Reports.

THE TRINIDAD and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF), in collaboration with its special advisor Jack Austin Warner and All Sport Promotions, have combined to provide support for the Trinidad and Tobago Under-20 football team, who will begin their campaign in the FIFA Under-20 World Cup on Thursday with an opening day match against hosts Egypt.

According to a media release issued Saturday, “the TTFF has secured support, from several sources, to ensure that at least one relative from each member of the national Under-20 team will witness this country’s First Round games.”

Trinidad and Tobago will face Egypt on Thursday from 2.45 pm (TT time) in Group “A”, followed by meetings against Italy on September 28 and Paraguay on October 1.

The media release continued, “the TT Government turned down several appeals to assist the parents.

“(On August 21), the Government, through Minister of Sport Gary Hunt, announced the contribution of lap-tops to all the players on the squad.

However, to date, six members of the team have not received theirs, despite assurances from the Sports Company (of Trinidad and Tobago) to have the promise fulfilled completely.”

Accompanying the family members to Egypt today will be 14-year-old Shaquille Frame, a physically-challenged student of Vessigny High School who has been in attendance, at both a locally-staged TT Under-20 game or a training session for over a year. Frame’s trip was sponsored by Warner while All Sport, the managing company for the tour of Egypt, will sponsor Frame’s mother Mary Perreira Smith to travel to the tournament.

“This is a dream come true for my son and myself,” Smith was quoted as saying.

“I had been praying since Mr Warner announced (on August 21) that he was taking Shaquille, that I would have the opportunity to travel with him.

“As I know, he has special needs and Mr (Tony) Harford’s (managing director of All Sport Promotions) call was an answer to those prayers,” she added. “I will be ever grateful.”

In all, 45 persons will make the trek to watch the Zoran Vranes-coached team battle for glory in Egypt.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner gets sponsorship for U-20’s parents
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 09:04:41 AM »
What's up TTFF!!!!!good job,well done  :beermug:

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 09:12:24 AM »
Warner all over the papers today boy. Front page, back page, middle page.

This sponsorship.
Obama election management group working with him.
Lobbying Petrotrin release for Ganga to go play for TT.

According to a media release issued Saturday, the TTFF has secured support, from several sources, to ensure that at least one relative from each member of the national Under-20 team will witness this country's First Round games ... The media release continued, the TT Government turned down several appeals to assist the parents ....

Ent allyuh call for support from the private sector? .... well this is what Private Sector input does look like.

Who willing to give JW a round of applause?

...(On August 21), the Government, through Minister of Sport Gary Hunt, announced the contribution of lap-tops to all the players on the squad ... However, to date, six members of the team have not received theirs, despite assurances from the Sports Company (of Trinidad and Tobago) to have the promise fulfilled completely...

So when they going to get it? ... after the tournament?
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 10:16:07 AM »
Jack for Prime Minister 2012!!!....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 10:35:18 AM »
Trinidadians have too much expectations of entitlement.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 10:35:34 AM »
Allyuh cyah jes do like Coop's and say well done TTFF?

Dat too hard to do?

TTFF does take dey licks when it warranted, which is often...Let dem take de credit now too.

Well done TTFF.  :applause:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 10:38:23 AM »
At least d 2006 World Cup money stretch far and doing good

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 10:57:11 AM »

Dat too hard to do?

TTFF does take dey licks when it warranted, which is often...Let dem take de credit now too.

Nobody eh criticizing the TTFF... but man suggesting that de government somehow drop de ball by not sponsoring the parents.  Matter of fact, fack de TTFF because dem self promoting that agenda... dem not doing it but for the sole purpose of scoring Jack some political capital... which is why yuh see they make it a point tuh pull in the part about the goverment and contrast it with their own efforts.

Jack pulling down allyuh pants and bending allyuh over fuh so long that when he stop using vaseline allyuh doh even notice.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 10:59:50 AM »
At least d 2006 World Cup money stretch far and doing good

D 2006 players world cup money stretch far. As 4 doing good. I went 2 Carifta in St. Lucia 2 of d ovah 100 athletes 2 parents from JA could have afforded 2 come so dey went. Dat is y we players is like pickney dey mammmy have 2 b in d crowd. Dem ovah 18 dey is man.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 12:22:15 PM »
Yuh could never please Trinis.

When the squad had returned from Mexico and was in quarrantine, then had to travel home afterwards, the TTFF was wrong.

Now when travel get sponsored to have the players parents travel to support them at a World Cup - jealousy take over and people sour.

Ah sure if it was government giving out free ride to a bunch of nepotistically-appointed public servant despots to wine, fete and dine on tax-payer dollars at a World Cup (a la Germany), they wouldve rejoiced and sang praises like if they just get a house from HDC.

Offline Mackie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 01:55:07 PM »

Dat too hard to do?

Men just love to hate jack even when he not moving hate-able...

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 02:16:20 PM »
While I applaud Jack and the TTFF

This is not a matter where the government should be brought into and then dragged. How many other countries give any ah dey players computers and phone then paying for parents to travel too..... eh how many????

but let meh give Jack he Jacket

Good job Jack I applaud you  :applause:

Good job getting the sponsorship, I applaud you  :applause:

Good Job getting sponsorship for the young man I applaud you,   :applause:

Good job puttin the Government in front your political bus then driving over them.

Good Job I say, GOOD freaking job I applaud you :applause:

How bout a round of applauds
A standing ovation

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

You satisfied Mackie, Palos, and acb 
Jack is a  :loser:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 02:31:22 PM by Themanfriday »
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 02:29:01 PM »
I ent critcising the TTFF for getting sponsorship for some parents to go to the tournament. If it was my daughter or son I would make every effort to be there to support them. But Jack playing it both ways. He blaming gov't for not sponsoring parents. That is not the government role. The government has put their rightfull share for this team already. The business sector is the one who should be taking some of the slack. The gov't already playing a big financial role in next year U-17 female WC.  Why everytime he does something he takes a jab at govt for not helping and ALL of us knows that is not true. Football gets a disproportinate amount of money as compared to the other sports. T&F(especially women and women sports) needs a disproportionate amount of funds to catch up with likes of JA and US.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 02:32:46 PM »
Look....if De Fosto could call ah radio station and cry to go Germany AND he get to go on tax payers money....then the could pay for the parents too yes.....Jack damn right!!!......the gov't keep playing into his hands all the time....

He looking like a hero and the gov't looking like well....zeroes....brilliant Jack brilliant!!!...

Jack for Prime Minister 2012!!...
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2009, 02:51:12 PM »
Brownsugar,
                   The WC in germany was a precedent. That is the ultimate single sporting event. All kinds of demands were asked of the Gov't. The Gov't give them a million for not winning a game or scoring a goal. That is a precedent too. Which other gov't will do that. You like Jack and am sure you will vote for him. But he is playing both side of the game. The gov't is giving their fair share, and you know that.  But it is not the gov't job to send parents everytime a team qualify for a WC. The gov't job is to make sure the get their passports in order and in time(ha!!!!!).

What if every TT sports team qualify for world championships. I guess it is TT govt should take the tab?

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2009, 03:06:30 PM »

Dat too hard to do?

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2009, 03:47:21 PM »
Brownsugar,
                   The WC in germany was a precedent. That is the ultimate single sporting event. All kinds of demands were asked of the Gov't. The Gov't give them a million for not winning a game or scoring a goal. That is a precedent too. Which other gov't will do that.    You like Jack and am sure you will vote for him    . But he is playing both side of the game. The gov't is giving their fair share, and you know that.  But it is not the gov't job to send parents everytime a team qualify for a WC. The gov't job is to make sure the get their passports in order and in time(ha!!!!!).

What if every TT sports team qualify for world championships. I guess it is TT govt should take the tab?

Boy ya nearly kill wid mih wid dat sentence dey.....doh get tie up, I'm being very cheeky, sarcastic and mischievous whenever I post...

"Jack for Prime Minister!!"......

Now to address the "Germany being a precedent" argument....ah think we on the same page....

We like too much freeco and hand out here....I saved for 4 years because I wanted to go to a WC.  I eh have no connections in high places, I eh no entertainer, ah not in a pan side or a rythmn section, I know I cyar call no radio station and cry to get a ticket to go to see a World Cup game.
I understand that if I want something I have to work hard for it. 

I understand that the parents of these boys would want to see their sons take the field live, but why have we allowed the expectation to build up over time that somebody either government or the representative sports body (in this case TTFF/Jack) must foot the bill for the travel of families to support their relatives??

When is it going to end?  Is this the practice in other countries? 
Yuh see if we were not engaging in this practice for years, then Jack wouldn't have been able to use it to his advantage and come out looking like a hero.....

As for rewarding the footballers, why don't we have a policy in place to reward achievers?  Yes, it was a first for us, but what would we give to a team that makes it to the second round of say a World Cup tournament or win the whole damn thing?  2 houses? 2 million dollars?? the country??  the equivalent cost of the Tarouba Stadium (i.e a sum to infinity)??

Again, we does just do things vyke vie without any apparent forethought or rational or logic.....
Anywho, daiz my 2 cents....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2009, 03:48:22 PM »
Jack for Prime Minister 2012!!!....
yuh mad?  ???

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2009, 04:56:10 PM »
I would like to see the gov't upgrade and MAINTAIN all the sports facilities(not only football). Assist in the development sports programs for all sports. Woman sports should get more resources to bring them on par with the region sports powers. That should be their main focus. Anything else is secondary.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2009, 05:22:41 PM »
Yuh could never please Trinis.

When the squad had returned from Mexico and was in quarrantine, then had to travel home afterwards, the TTFF was wrong.

Now when travel get sponsored to have the players parents travel to support them at a World Cup - jealousy take over and people sour.

Ah sure if it was government giving out free ride to a bunch of nepotistically-appointed public servant despots to wine, fete and dine on tax-payer dollars at a World Cup (a la Germany), they wouldve rejoiced and sang praises like if they just get a house from HDC.

You's ah UNC flunkie... Jack could fart and you'll call it "aroma".  Conversely nutten the government do could ever please you... you constantly up Hunt as like ah tight jockey shorts, so doh even come with that "never please Trinis" talk.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2009, 06:32:23 PM »
Brownsugar,
                   The WC in germany was a precedent. That is the ultimate single sporting event. All kinds of demands were asked of the Gov't. The Gov't give them a million for not winning a game or scoring a goal. That is a precedent too. Which other gov't will do that. You like Jack and am sure you will vote for him. But he is playing both side of the game. The gov't is giving their fair share, and you know that.  But it is not the gov't job to send parents everytime a team qualify for a WC. The gov't job is to make sure the get their passports in order and in time(ha!!!!!).

I would like to see the gov't upgrade and MAINTAIN all the sports facilities(not only football). Assist in the development sports programs for all sports. Woman sports should get more resources to bring them on par with the region sports powers. That should be their main focus. Anything else is secondary.

Deeks, I would like to point out that these two are the highlight of this thread for a couple reasons.

1. You said that JW is playing both sides, and you are absolutely right. Somewhere else on one of these posts, someone asked why doesn't the private sector come forward and assist the families.
 - the private sector did come forward. It just so happened that the private sector was JW.
 - JW is a shrewd businessman of questionable ethics, and we all know that JW is going to get value for his investment ... and it just so happens, that value is coming from the political points he will rack up from this PR stunt.

So should we expect anything less?

2. Your second post brings up the stadia. These stadia aren't even 10 years old, but the wear and tear on them makes them look a few decades old. However, you're asking the present administration to upkeep stadia ... but they're busy building The Brian Lara Stadium in Tarouba, which is a stone's throw away from The Mannie Ramjohn stadium. With all the money that has been wasted in Tarouba, with no completion date as per the MoS - The Hon. Gary Hunte - where do you think that money would have been better utilized?

You's ah UNC flunkie... Jack could fart and you'll call it "aroma".  Conversely nutten the government do could ever please you... you constantly up Hunt as like ah tight jockey shorts, so doh even come with that "never please Trinis" talk.

Bake n Shark - It would have been slightly more insulting to call me a CoP flunkie. There'll always be a next time though.
But, tell me what exactly the government does that pleases you?
You're good with words, so enlighten us/ me.

On a slightly bothering note, I'd be wary of your penchant for harping on verbal volleys that revolve around derierre references.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2009, 07:09:00 PM »
I am no PNM flunkie. Hunt ain't have nothing to do with that Lara stadium. That Tarouba complex is Manning's gift to south. You ever hear south people complain they don't want a good cricket stadium. South does not have a first class cricket stadium. North has the oval. Central has the TTCBC ground. And I agree with you that the whole complex is a bloody fiasco of outrageous proportion. The WC come and gone and it ain't finish yet. That is real s...t!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2009, 11:13:11 PM »
Bake n Shark - It would have been slightly more insulting to call me a CoP flunkie. There'll always be a next time though.
But, tell me what exactly the government does that pleases you?
You're good with words, so enlighten us/ me.

On a slightly bothering note, I'd be wary of your penchant for harping on verbal volleys that revolve around derierre references.

Firstly, the fact that you didn't find the UNC remark as insulting as you would have found the CoP remark proves the accuracy of my point.  But my guess is that yuh really tying up yuhself and ent even realize it.

Secondly this isn't about me and the government... you are the one who took offense to the perceived "criticism" of the TTFF.   Conversely you have never met with favor anything that Hunt has done… from the renegotiated lease, to the calls for transparency and accountability… to the MP tickets a couple weeks ago.  Whenever Jack gets in a dig at Hunt in the press you unfailing can be counted on to add to the criticism… justly or unjustly.  Oftentimes the fallacy of your position is plain for all to see, but it makes for good sport to watch you twist yourself into knots finding fault with his actions… as you do here.  As others have pointed out, it's not the government's role to fund the expenses of the parents.  Jack knows this, but everything he does he turns around and says "see?  The (PNM) government won't do X, but I out of the goodness of my heart will do it".  And being the ever-willing flunkie, you're often found close on his heels leading the cheers.  Non-discerning, and non the wiser.

Thirdly, what is this "derriere references" that you speak of?  I imagine that you can substantiate the charge… or are you just projecting your sub-conscious mental fixations?

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2009, 10:49:24 AM »
jacko has landed.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2009, 11:39:27 AM »
De poor young fellahz go hadda deal wit mami and gran gran inbetween games?

Well ah suppose yuh wont have to worry about them gettin fatigued from extra circular activities.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2009, 12:04:20 PM »

Well ah suppose yuh wont have to worry about them gettin fatigued from extra circular activities.

is egypt boy.

ent dem muslim girl is keep it tight til they get married?

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2009, 12:05:55 PM »

is egypt boy.

ent dem muslim girl is keep it tight til they get married?

and is trini fellahs, yuh feel dat go matter?
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2009, 12:10:46 PM »

as opposed to extra rectangular?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2009, 12:52:15 PM »

Or square.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2009, 12:59:43 PM »

:rotfl:

Ah guess he talking about putting ah square peg in ah circular hole

1]; } ?>