March 29, 2024, 12:54:12 AM

Author Topic: Adidas, Puma resolve 60-year rift in football friendly  (Read 5283 times)

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
Adidas, Puma resolve 60-year rift in football friendly
« on: September 21, 2009, 03:41:46 PM »

Rival German sportswear giants Adidas and Puma buried the hatchet on a decades-long spat on Monday by playing a football match in their home town of Herzogenaurach, in the south of the country.

Adidas boss Herbert Hainer played up front for his team while Puma chief Jochen Zeitz played in goal, an Adidas spokeswoman said, as the two sides sought to heal a rift kicked off more than 60 years ago.

The two companies were formed after a feud in 1948 between Rudolf and Adolf (Adi) Dassler caused them to split up their business -- once a provider of running shoes to legendary US sprinter Jesse Owens.

The rivalry even divided the firms' home town of 23,000 people in southern Germany, where Adidas and Puma have rival factories on opposite sides of the Aurach river.

But the bosses of both companies hoped the time-honoured tradition of a handshake and a game of football would heal wounds from the rift.

In the race for top German sportswear group, Adidas has generally won out though Puma recently signed a sponsorship with Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt.

The match took place between workers from both companies within the framework of the 'Peace One Day' initiative, an annual day of global ceasefire and non-violence.
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
Re: Adidas, Puma resolve 60-year rift in football friendly
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 04:57:48 PM »
what ever happened to Rossi and Flipper?
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 05:10:50 PM »

Rival German sportswear giants Adidas and Puma buried the hatchet on a decades-long spat on Monday by playing a football match in their home town of Herzogenaurach, in the south of the country.

Adidas boss Herbert Hainer played up front for his team while Puma chief Jochen Zeitz played in goal, an Adidas spokeswoman said, as the two sides sought to heal a rift kicked off more than 60 years ago.

The two companies were formed after a feud in 1948 between Rudolf and Adolf (Adi) Dassler caused them to split up their business -- once a provider of running shoes to legendary US sprinter Jesse Owens.

The rivalry even divided the firms' home town of 23,000 people in southern Germany, where Adidas and Puma have rival factories on opposite sides of the Aurach river.

But the bosses of both companies hoped the time-honoured tradition of a handshake and a game of football would heal wounds from the rift.

In the race for top German sportswear group, Adidas has generally won out though Puma recently signed a sponsorship with Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt.

The match took place between workers from both companies within the framework of the 'Peace One Day' initiative, an annual day of global ceasefire and non-violence.

[/quot

Rift my ass! Dem corner the market fuh years. :angel:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 05:20:31 PM »
We need to do a SW.net 11 with a TTFA 11.  :)
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

giggsy11

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 05:21:11 PM »
I we wish they/whomever would bring back the Patrick brand! I would buy that shite  up. I bet those young people don't know anything about that.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 05:23:46 PM »
Giggsy11,
             Actually one of the addidas boots has a patrick design. 3 back slashes instead of 2

giggsy11

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 05:39:58 PM »
Giggsy11,
             Actually one of the addidas boots has a patrick design. 3 back slashes instead of 2

Nah, I want the original! Can't beat that!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 06:11:07 PM »
Giggsy11,

Patrick had a Gold Stripe Kangaroo leather multipegs, sweet no ass.

Here giggsy11 yuh could still buy Patrick

http://www.patrick.eu/

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

giggsy11

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 06:16:13 PM »
Giggsy11,

Patrick had a Gold Stripe Kangaroo leather multipegs, sweet no ass.

Here giggsy11 yuh could still buy Patrick

http://www.patrick.eu/

Sweet, thanks man!

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 07:08:00 PM »
I we wish they/whomever would bring back the Patrick brand! I would buy that shite  up. I bet those young people don't know anything about that.
No offense giggsy, but Patrick was a shit brand lol, never liked how it felt or look. Addidas and Umbro all the way

giggsy11

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2009, 07:28:21 PM »
No offense giggsy, but Patrick was a shit brand lol, never liked how it felt or look. Addidas and Umbro all the way

No offense taken. I like the look along with the fact that not everyone is killing it. But I do dig Addidas and Puma also.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2009, 07:48:26 PM »

No offense taken. I like the look along with the fact that not everyone is killing it. But I do dig Addidas and Puma also.
well allyuh learn to spell it correct nah. ;D
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 07:52:16 PM »
Puma and Addidas

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009, 07:55:12 PM »

Capo did we miss something ???

edit: I see what you're talking about :-[ adidas ;D
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 07:58:29 PM by triniairman »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2009, 07:57:16 PM »

Capo did we miss something ???
addidas

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2009, 09:02:45 AM »

and lanzera?

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2009, 09:44:27 AM »
and mitre.had one of those.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2009, 10:05:53 AM »

Every individual is different. I never get a good fit from UMBRO or NIKE, so I never liked those boots.
The funny thing about boots today is that when those synthetic materials first came on the secene (mainly from China), man use to say the boots was imitation. Soon Nike and them realized that the production cost would be considerably cheaper with the new materials (rather than leather), marketed the boots and presto  man paying $250.00+ for boots they once called imitation. Suckers  ;D

Thomas Paine

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2009, 10:21:04 AM »

Well it look pretty clear to me now where the Adidas come from.
For years now I hearing talk that ADIDAS really means "All Day I Dream About Sports"
...and the man who tell me that years ago was serious like judge when he tell mih yes dread.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2009, 10:35:46 AM »

For years now I hearing talk that ADIDAS really means "All Day I Dream About Sports"
...and the man who tell me that years ago was serious like judge when he tell mih yes dread.
i taught it was All Day I Dream About Sex

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2009, 10:46:37 AM »
Adidas, Puma no way, "Bata Bullets" was #1 for long time!

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2009, 12:27:46 PM »

and lanzera?

yuh ever run out with a pair of Alix??

I remember by Day 3 of Flipper Soccer Camp my Mitre screwpegs had buss up .. so it was off to Sports and Games for a pair of emergency boots. Get brace on the Adidas, so had to settle for $150 Alix.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2009, 01:02:47 PM »

and lanzera?

yuh ever run out with a pair of Alix??

I remember by Day 3 of Flipper Soccer Camp my Mitre screwpegs had buss up .. so it was off to Sports and Games for a pair of emergency boots. Get brace on the Adidas, so had to settle for $150 Alix.

buhwhadejailiseeinhereatall ... you saying Alix like is ah bad ting..

p.s. that blasted ants in yuh sig humbugging meh for de longest while
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2009, 01:15:48 PM »

buhwhadejailiseeinhereatall ... you saying Alix like is ah bad ting..

p.s. that blasted ants in yuh sig humbugging meh for de longest while

haha ... I try tooth and nail to mashup that Alix so I could get a new pair of boots. I even try to let it dry rot by not cleaning the mud on it the end of one football season - straight through cricket season.

That thing was like Bata stone-crushers. Impossible to destroy unless you take a knife and cut it up.
I feel sorry for the thing after that bout of bad-mindedness and decide to use dub-in on it for the 3rd season before it give way.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2009, 01:55:17 PM »

[/quot

Rift my ass! Dem corner the market fuh years. :angel:
Observant!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2009, 02:01:20 PM »

Adidas have used "All day i dream about sports" as a slogan before (although it is obviously not where the name came from)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2009, 02:11:16 PM »
The worst was pony!!!!!

giggsy11

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2009, 02:19:00 PM »
The worst was pony!!!!!
[/quote

Yeah boy.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2009, 02:27:37 PM »

1]; } ?>