April 19, 2024, 10:08:42 AM

Author Topic: Ah peaceful place lost in time in trini?  (Read 3400 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ah peaceful place lost in time in trini?
« on: September 07, 2009, 05:27:38 AM »
i never thought i woulda seen an article like this talking bout ah place untouched by modern madness and signs of the times.

i would even consider livin in ah place like that if trinidad didn't have so much snake! yuh see all dat cocoa and bush, yuh know snake eh far behind. all jokes aside though, this place sound real nice, laid back and peacful.

sorry ppl , i totally spaced and forgot to paste.    http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161528263   :beermug:                           positive.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 09:58:40 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Ah peaceful place lost in time in trini?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 12:07:10 PM »
WTH....what place you talking about ??? ??? ???
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 12:08:31 PM »
if he told you it wouldn be secret duhh.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 03:58:43 PM »
JC wuh is de name ah that place bro?
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 05:07:37 PM »
I think he was referring to:

http://guardian.co.tt/features/life/2009/09/06/los-attajos-farmers-under-pressure

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161528263

My great grand parents had an estate that bordered this village/area, more inside Lemong (sp). To this day (I was in the area about 1 yr ago tracing some roots) the place still offers a relaxed (but hard working), friendly and welcoming atmosphere.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 09:16:07 PM »

http://guardian.co.tt/features/life/2009/09/06/los-attajos-farmers-under-pressure

My great grand parents had an estate that bordered this village/area, more inside Lemong (sp). To this day (I was in the area about 1 yr ago tracing some roots) the place still offers a relaxed (but hard working), friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
Thanx bro, i totally forgot to paste the article.                  positive. :beermug:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 09:22:25 PM »

Thanks for the links man ;)
nice read
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 12:59:51 PM »
nice man.

rural life is the best yes.

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 02:00:03 PM »
Green Days by The River
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 06:00:51 PM »
My great great great grand mother home. And every time I go La Lune Moruga I does cuss. Not for hell they will try and fix the damn thing. So much history come out from in there...

That outhouse was drama by it self.....ahhhh memories  :rotfl:

« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 06:05:56 PM by TriniCana »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 08:41:16 PM »
3 greats?..da ting is over ah century old?
& still standing  :o
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 08:43:03 PM »
3 greats?..da ting is over ah century old?
& still standing  :o

Good wood!!!

Look lemme go eh :-X

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 09:16:38 PM »
Virgin wood.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 09:18:14 PM »
Trinicana,
             So much history in that old house. Tell we some, nah!!

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 04:33:25 AM »
Minus the roof and step, everything else is basically the same.
That house produce 12 kids by 2 cocoa 'vendors' (i have the cocoa house snap something in my collection - i'll find soon). My ggg mother was an immigrant from Venezuela (Valencia), ggg father was old spanish (i forget the correct name) but Trinidadian.  There was an outside oven where 'ma' made bake and fry fish every day. I'm not sure but my Dad said one of his great uncles is buried somewhere behind the house. Behind that house, I think there was a coffee field and the cocoa house. From what I heard, that was the way of life in many parts of La Lune until last 50 years. Out of the 12, only 2 went to school in Princes Town by ways of donkey cart or on evenings walk through the forest to home.

Deeks I'll continue when I get home from work later, by then I should have gathered more snaps of the houses and maybe relatives in that era.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009, 08:25:17 AM »
That house produce 12 kids by 2 cocoa 'vendors' (i have the cocoa house snap something in my collection - i'll find soon). My ggg mother was an immigrant from Venezuela (Valencia), ggg father was old spanish (i forget the correct name) but Trinidadian.  There was an outside oven where 'ma' made bake and fry fish every day. I'm not sure but my Dad said one of his great uncles is buried somewhere behind the house. Behind that house, I think there was a coffee field and the cocoa house. From what I heard, that was the way of life in many parts of La Lune until last 50 years. Out of the 12, only 2 went to school in Princes Town by ways of donkey cart or on evenings walk through the forest to home.

Deeks I'll continue when I get home from work later, by then I should have gathered more snaps of the houses and maybe relatives in that era.

Lookn forward 2 dat
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2009, 10:22:41 AM »

Lookn forward 2 dat

i 2nd dat...can't wait  :beermug:

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 04:48:20 PM »
The cocoa house. It still there....and ah fed up cuss. I think I going and frame this snap and put it in meh office.  Just to remind me about certain things in life..... :-\

Okay, obviously I never met my ggg grand parents or seen pictures. Out of the 12 kids, my gg grand mother, the last child (that we know of), was the sole survivor up until 2001 (92 years). Everyone else except one, died in their 70s. The one buried at the back of the house died when he was in his early teens. My dad said that he had a fever, they bathe him (guessing rain water), must be give him some medication and put him to bed....he never woke up. Up to now no one knows what killed him. Autopsy what?  steupses!!!  Coffee was the tea of choice and wild meat was the KFC.....ground provisions!!

My grand mother pet Tommy the Lap or Manicoo (cyah remember) but he was lunch last year RIP ;D

Jumping ship to what I know of now.....

Beneath is my gg grand parents' home (they had 4 kids). I only knew of 1 daughter (my g grand mother). This house eventually ended up my grand parents home, where 10 kids were born (my father included). Doh ask meh how all of them fit in it....it's still ah mystery to me.  The best freaking August (summer vacations) holidays for me were spent in this house. Last year when I went home I took this snap because I thought they were going to break it down when they (cousins) realized that it didn't make sense keeping it. That plan fell through, and how it looking in this snap, is how it looking today.....dem fackers and dem >:(   During those August holidays, I began to appreciate life and what it has to offer. I know for a fact that we in this generation, cannot survive like how they did. Could you imagine walking miles to go to school and church, bathing outside in cold barrel water, and sharing one pot of fish broth for 10 mouths plus neighbour children? Don't even start me about sharing clothes and bed!! But the strangest thing is each one of my uncles and aunts said those times were the best times of their lives....and we missing out!!

As you can see, no bathroom, no toilet, so ya done know what was taking place when house full with grand children during the holidays.  I honestly think this was my learning experience how to hold pee for long periods, because no man was dare to go outside at night to pee in that outhouse. Barrel water and blue soap was the Lux and Dove of that era. If you was hungry and didn't feel for crix, find the nearest mango tree to climb.

When my grand mother died (father's mom) in '89?, it was 10 kids, 66 grand kids, 127 great grands and 1 great great great grand. Could you imagine what taking place in 2009?

Ah done!

« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 05:50:33 PM by TriniCana »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2009, 09:50:29 PM »
TriniCana, I know all them houses you showing there. la Lune is where my Grandfather from. right by the savannah.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2009, 10:13:09 PM »
Quenk does go down real real good
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 10:15:32 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2009, 01:07:17 AM »
Thxs Trini
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2009, 04:15:55 AM »
TriniCana, I know all them houses you showing there. la Lune is where my Grandfather from. right by the savannah.

<stares> check ya PM

Elan, I figure you'll know, and ah sure if I tell you some surnames, you'll rock back in ya chair and gasp!! ;D
I'm surprised pecan ain't holla at me yet. Actually ah number ah La Lunians from in here...

My father's side of family is well known on that stretch. In fact that stretch related to me somehow or dey other...steupses!! Some I disowned :-X

That is why when I see some nice fella walking down the road, I does hafta wonder if it related before ah tackle  >:( Most of the time is some cousin...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 04:24:30 AM by TriniCana »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2009, 08:56:21 AM »
Quenk does go down real real good
ah stew with some provision.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2009, 09:18:08 AM »
cana.. thx for that. just reminded me what I need to do this trip. too much is lost to time.

1]; } ?>