June 15, 2024, 10:16:00 PM

Author Topic: Milan  (Read 3970 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Milan
« on: September 23, 2009, 02:45:31 PM »
freaking Milan lost again. They should fire Adriano Galliani he failed to strengthen the squad for three years now. Stop blaming coaches. The buck stops with Galliani!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Milan
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 03:23:14 PM »
Not enough quality in their line up- simple.

They've been flirting with mediocrity by their standards for a while now with some slow, overly deliberate football that lacks any cutting edge.  They were blessed with some outstanding talent that kept their heads above water and managed to remain competitive but now that some of that talent has left the ranks or fallen off form, their lack of depth and fortitude as a unit is glaring.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 04:22:51 PM »
Sad to see them in this state.
They had a perfectly balanced team about 4 years ago, but they decide to rest on their laurels and now they in shit.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 11:45:47 PM »
Always had a tendency to play men till they run real high in age.  That surely will run the youth from yuh club.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 12:42:33 AM »
small club

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 07:06:34 AM »
small club

leh we match silver nah!  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 07:12:34 AM »
seedorf save them for like 2 matches in a row...when i see dat i say oh oh...if they depending on this fading star dey in trouble.   but observer, is the same ting we was saying since pre-season...this team is unbalanced, men either getting too old (inzaghi, pirlo, seedorf) or still learning their trade (pato)...compare them to inter for example who have men in their prime (eto'o, muntari, julio cesar, maicon).  milan might still make top 4 this season but it will be a real battle.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 08:14:11 AM »
Milan squad not as bad as it seems. Plus Leonardo pulling real stones.

a. They need new wingbacks. Zambrotta, Oddo and Jankulovski gone thru. Abate is a potential player here but we  have to see. He has youth and speed, two qualities Milan needs.

b. Central defense looks good with Nesta, Silva, Gooch and Khaladze, Favalli and Bonera to add depth. Those last three shouldn't be starting on a regular basis.

c. Defensive mids: Ambrosini and Flamini are quality...Gattuso needs to go

d. Attacking mids: R80, Seedorf and Pirlo are good enough for this role. They need more mobile players aroudn them.

e. Wings: This is the weak point. Lack of pace here really hurts the team. I would actually put Pato on the wing and draft in another winger if Abate permanently moves to wing back. (Quaresma anyone?  he could probably be had for cheap)

f. Fwds: Need another pacy striker to pair with Hunt. R80 looked good up front last game, maybe this is where he needs to play

Storari
Abate      Silva      Nesta    Zambrotta/Oddo

Ambrosini

Flamini                             Pato

Seedorf

R80
                  Hunt/Inzaghi

That squad could poinson people. Bring in Hernanes, a winger and a wing back in January!

Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 08:35:24 AM »
Milan squad not as bad as it seems. Plus Leonardo pulling real stones.

a. They need new wingbacks. Zambrotta, Oddo and Jankulovski gone thru. Abate is a potential player here but we  have to see. He has youth and speed, two qualities Milan needs.

b. Central defense looks good with Nesta, Silva, Gooch and Khaladze, Favalli and Bonera to add depth. Those last three shouldn't be starting on a regular basis.

c. Defensive mids: Ambrosini and Flamini are quality...Gattuso needs to go

d. Attacking mids: R80, Seedorf and Pirlo are good enough for this role. They need more mobile players aroudn them.

e. Wings: This is the weak point. Lack of pace here really hurts the team. I would actually put Pato on the wing and draft in another winger if Abate permanently moves to wing back. (Quaresma anyone?  he could probably be had for cheap)

f. Fwds: Need another pacy striker to pair with Hunt. R80 looked good up front last game, maybe this is where he needs to play

Storari
Abate      Silva      Nesta    Zambrotta/Oddo

Ambrosini

Flamini                             Pato

Seedorf

R80
                  Hunt/Inzaghi

That squad could poinson people. Bring in Hernanes, a winger and a wing back in January!

Sorry bro but that squad sucks!!!

You know you in trouble when Seedorf is your most effective player now. This squad would have been good 4-5 yrs ago. Now, they running on fumes.

Pato is not that great either and his problem is that he believes he is the second coming!!!
TnT Patriot

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 02:58:57 PM »
We could argue on the Pato ting. I mean he has an amazing strike rate considering he was mainly used as a sub. I agree with Marcos, out wide they struggle on both sides and many will argue they do not have a World Class goalkeeper.

I would not mind Huntalaar and Pato, with midfield Trio of Pirlo, Ambrosini & Gattuso, with Seedorf supporting the two up front. Much like Ancelotti did with Kaka and is now doing with Chelsea. Now I saying that based on who they have, I feel they need to buy and buy quality players.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 09:06:10 PM »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 02:39:14 PM »
Seedorf responds to readers' questions and comments.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 02:42:23 PM »
Milan have FC Zurich beating them now?

how far they have fallen.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 02:46:34 PM »
Seedorf is clearly an intelligent fella. Refreshing interview
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 02:58:21 PM »
nothin fuh dem Italian clubs this rounds..  ;D,:beermug:
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 03:32:16 PM »

Very.

Considering that these fellas often don't go far in school as they pursue their professional dreams, he's very lucid in his thoughts and expressions.  He also has a very nuanced eye for diplomacy and the balance with forthrightness as well... in other words, knowing what to say, when to say it and how much should be said.  Not everybody, school or no school understand that skill.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 03:54:06 PM »
ay...  that interview was real boss..

man tackle some tough questions where most men would say 'no comment'. and he making plenty sense too.

by the way, for the milan fans on here.. whey serginho gone?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 03:58:57 PM »
by the way, for the milan fans on here.. whey serginho gone?

He and Cafu retired from Milan last season.  Serginho announce he retirement from football same time.  Sad...at 32...he still have a lot to offer I would think. 
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2009, 04:55:59 PM »
like maldini was de gel holdin this team together.since he gone is downhill.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2009, 05:22:27 PM »
like maldini was de gel holdin this team together.since he gone is downhill.

Observer is right.  The team was allowed to age without replacement.  Now they simply PHYSICALLY cannot compete.

They also let go Yoann Gourcuff which they must be regrettin with every second.

Maldini wasn't the glue that held this team together neither.  Kaka was the glue.  It's since HE"S GONE it's all downhill.

Pato is really the only youth dey have and he cyah do it all by himself.  Still my team so I'll continue supporting but is not an easy time bein a Milan supporter these days.  I sure de Rossoneri go come back soon enough though.  In de meantime, is plenty bennin goin on.

Offline santacruz

• Full Warrior
  • This year is the Dutch year!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2009, 08:57:42 PM »

Very.

Considering that these fellas often don't go far in school as they pursue their professional dreams, he's very lucid in his thoughts and expressions.  He also has a very nuanced eye for diplomacy and the balance with forthrightness as well... in other words, knowing what to say, when to say it and how much should be said.  Not everybody, school or no school understand that skill.

he will make a fantastic coach one day! he does be coaching on the field anyways!
Fatima old boy graduate in '95 from Form 5, '97 from Form 6, lived in Santa Cruz.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2009, 03:14:58 PM »

Very.

makes me wonder if he has a ghost writer

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2009, 03:19:18 PM »

makes me wonder if he has a ghost writer

I've heard live interviews with him...He's very articulate and fluid in his speech/words...

Very philosophical in many of his views as well. 

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2009, 10:42:00 AM »
Dwight doh sound too bad either, but he's still hit yuh d green verbs albeit in a nice british accent that somehow softens it lol

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2009, 10:58:24 AM »
Dwight doh sound too bad either, but he's still hit yuh d green verbs albeit in a nice british accent that somehow softens it lol

haha...I find Dwight iz sound real jokey- British accent and all, but alot of that could be my biased perception of him being a jokey man in general.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2009, 11:39:59 AM »
November 3, 2009, 12:01 am

Submit Questions for A.C. Milan’s Clarence Seedorf

By The New York Times

Juan Medina/Reuters

Since making his professional debut for Ajax of Amsterdam at age 16, Seedorf has become one of Europe’s most decorated soccer players. A Dutch international and veteran of the 1998 World Cup, Seedorf has won the UEFA Champions League four times with three different teams. Seedorf is an integral player for A.C. Milan and an increasingly active member of the international soccer community.

In 2007, Seedorf started ON International, a sports management business. And he is pursuing a master’s degree in business at Bocconi University in Milan. Seedorf is also the founder of Champions for Children, a nonprofit foundation dedicated to supporting young people in developing countries. In June, as a result of his philanthropic work, he was named a Legacy Champion by the Nelson Mandela Foundation.

Submit Questions for Seedorf

After a difficult start to the season, A.C. Milan has begun to climb the Italian Serie A table and earn impressive results in Europe, restoring the faith of the Rossoneri supporters and the confidence of the players.

“Little by little, the team are coming out,” Milan midfielder Clarence Seedorf told the club’s Web site after the win over Parma. “We are happy. We know that the road is long, but see the team is starting to have confidence in its own qualities and this makes me hopeful.”

Seedorf, the A.C. Milan midfielder, will be online to answer your questions in his monthly discussion with New York Times readers.

Submit your questions for Clarence Seedorf- this month's Q&A

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2009, 03:00:30 PM »
Whey the Milan haters Ah not hearing too much talk from them these days. 3rd in the league handling the stories in UEFA. Meh boy teeths doing he thing. GO Milan
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2009, 04:48:34 PM »
Where would Milan be these past few years without Brazilians?

Kaka
Dida
Serginho
Cafu

Now...

Pato
Ronaldinho
Thiago Silva

1]; } ?>