April 25, 2024, 04:20:15 PM

Author Topic: Warner: T&T side is team of the future  (Read 3383 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Warner: T&T side is team of the future
« on: September 23, 2009, 03:42:14 PM »
Trinidad Guardian

Fifa Vice President and Chairman of the Organising Committee for the Fifa Under-20 World Championship, Jack Warner arrived in Egypt on Monday night to much fanfare.

Immediately upon his arrival, Warner mentioned that the T&T team is the team of the future. “This Trinidad and Tobago team is the team of the future,” said Warner. “The development of sport is intricately related to the development of any country. For the sake of the country I only hope that the government in power understands this.” Warner added, “I would have imagined that after Germany 2006 the government would have understood the power of sport. We are pumping millions of dollars into the marketing of Trinidad and Tobago, selling our country to the world. Nothing is more powerful than sport. Sport can topple any barrier, it can unite all forces. Why the government is insisting on sidelining and ignoring this obvious marketing tool is truly mind boggling to me.”

The tournament is scheduled to kick-off tomorrow and the opening match, which will see T&T square off against host Egypt, is expected to attract over 80 million Egyptian viewers and another one billion the world over.Last night, Warner held a meeting with his Fifa staff and members of the Local Organising Committee, to ensure that all systems were operational to ensure the successful hosting of the tournament. However, during the meeting, Warner was confronted with an issue not relating to his tournament or his team, but his home country. “Mr Warner, I mean no disrespect, and please understand that this question has been raised by a number of Egyptians. Trinidad and Tobago is opening this tournament. Over 80 million Egyptians will be viewing this match and we have no clue about your country. Of course we know the team but I am sure your country has so much to offer, how can we learn about your country,” said a member of the LOC
The Chairman obviously disturbed by the question did not attempt to hide his frustration over the lack of marketing.

“ My brother, no disrespect taken, and I apologise for the lack of information. It saddens me to know that the decision makers in Trinidad and Tobago failed to recognise the power of the tournament and the importance of this team. But I promise you that I will attempt to find a solution to the problem before I return from Brazil.” Warner, who is the longest serving Vice President of Fifa, will be departing Egypt for Brazil on Saturday to attend a special sitting of the Fifa Executive as well as a private dinner with President Lula, the President of Brazil. He is expected to return to Egypt for a brief period before heading to London for the “Leaders in Football Conference” on October 7 and 8. He is expected to visit the national youngsters later this evening.

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner: T&T side is team of the future
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 03:57:32 PM »
f**k off Jack.   >:(
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 03:58:27 PM »
 “Mr Warner, I mean no disrespect, and please understand that this question has been raised by a number of Egyptians. Trinidad and Tobago is opening this tournament. Over 80 million Egyptians will be viewing this match and we have no clue about your country. Of course we know the team but I am sure your country has so much to offer, how can we learn about your country,” said a member of the LOC

Maybe if the government was in charge of the TTFF, people woulda know more about the country.  ::)

I find it hard to believe after all the marketing that went on for WC06, a member of thhe LOC could be asking them kinda questions.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 04:05:28 PM »
the tt govt dont promote trinidad, in fact in germany, they stopped me and ttcom from handing out brochures promoting tourism to tt, they didnt want too much people catching on, so come again, allyuh dont even know half of the stuff that was going on over there, then yuh have trinis that feel they too high and mighty that they passing other trinis straight and looking at them funny, like if they from a big country like brazil, real fake supporters

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 04:32:40 PM »
“Mr Warner, I mean no disrespect, and please understand that this question has been raised by a number of Egyptians. Trinidad and Tobago is opening this tournament. Over 80 million Egyptians will be viewing this match and we have no clue about your country. Of course we know the team but I am sure your country has so much to offer, how can we learn about your country,” said a member of the LOC

Maybe if the government was in charge of the TTFF, people woulda know more about the country.  ::)

I find it hard to believe after all the marketing that went on for WC06, a member of thhe LOC could be asking them kinda questions.

If you find that hard to believe then you might find it hard to believe some people still ask if Trinidad is part of Jamaica.

The majority of the world have NO clue where T&T is.

T&T in the UN and I could make an educated guess that there are members who have NO clue about anything concerning the country.

When you have a country like Jamaica with much less resources sending a Bobsled team to an olympics they have no business in. Then you really understand how clueless T&T is in general when it comes to promoting the country.

T&T still can't promote soca properly in we own country  :(

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 04:33:11 PM »
I might be wrong, but I have a funny feeling that this question was "planted" Strange question from a member of the LOC in Egypt...did they just find out that they are playing us on opening night?

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 04:51:41 PM »
Trinidad Guardian

Immediately upon his arrival, Warner mentioned that the T&T team is the team of the future. “This Trinidad and Tobago team is the team of the future,” said Warner. “The development of sport is intricately related to the development of any country. For the sake of the country I only hope that the government in power understands this.” Warner added, “I would have imagined that after Germany 2006 the government would have understood the power of sport. We are pumping millions of dollars into the marketing of Trinidad and Tobago, selling our country to the world. Nothing is more powerful than sport. Sport can topple any barrier, it can unite all forces. Why the government is insisting on sidelining and ignoring this obvious marketing tool is truly mind boggling to me.”

Yeah, like how the blacklist helped in our continued development.   
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 05:22:24 PM »
TI you ever thought that they had their official contingent promoting  a certain message and that you all promoting T&T "officially" may send mix messages? just saying, from what I saw the T&T had many different representative promoting us.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 05:50:32 PM »
Yes... he getting ready to blacklist who ever fuss about short pay

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 05:59:06 PM »
“The development of sport is intricately related to the development of any country. For the sake of the country I only hope that the government in power understands this.” Warner added, “I would have imagined that after Germany 2006 the government would have understood the power of sport. We are pumping millions of dollars into the marketing of Trinidad and Tobago, selling our country to the world. Nothing is more powerful than sport. Sport can topple any barrier, it can unite all forces. Why the government is insisting on sidelining and ignoring this obvious marketing tool is truly mind boggling to me.”

Yet one a de fuss ting you do after de world cup is blacklist de very players who did play in Germany 2006 fuh havin de temerity fuh takin you to court fuh dey own money?

Hull yuh dutty stinkin MC wit dat assholery eh Jack!  :cursing: :cursing:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 06:23:07 PM »
long brain start
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 06:56:14 PM »
Jack just had a brain fart.... :devil:

Jah when this madness go end Father.... ???

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2009, 08:49:46 PM »
when you think you"ve seen and heard it all.....we have this! Lord have mercy...ah wouldn't lie eh, my friggin jaw drop! and yes ah know ah should be used to (and expect anything from) mr warner eh, but he outdo heself this time.h
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009, 08:59:05 PM »
I might be wrong, but I have a funny feeling that this question was "planted" Strange question from a member of the LOC in Egypt...did they just find out that they are playing us on opening night?

Big Up!

Yo bredda! I thought de same thing when ah read it...dais after ah say that de man who ask dat hadda be ah C^%T! ah could just see man coming to explain/defend what dis C&^T say eh......but after all is said and done, he hadda be ah C^%T!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 09:26:08 PM »
Austin
Austin
Austin
wdfdbwwynm
JACKASS,
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 09:48:21 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009, 10:33:42 PM »
I do agree with him that the U20s are the T&T team of the future. However, I think that by repeating this point over and over, JW may have a new way to resume the blacklist of the WC06 players.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2009, 12:50:22 AM »
LOUDEST OF STEUPSSSSSSSSSSSS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2009, 07:55:11 AM »
“The development of sport is intricately related to the development of any country. For the sake of the country I only hope that the government in power understands this.” Warner added, “I would have imagined that after Germany 2006 the government would have understood the power of sport. We are pumping millions of dollars into the marketing of Trinidad and Tobago, selling our country to the world. Nothing is more powerful than sport. Sport can topple any barrier, it can unite all forces. Why the government is insisting on sidelining and ignoring this obvious marketing tool is truly mind boggling to me.”

Yet one a de fuss ting you do after de world cup is blacklist de very players who did play in Germany 2006 fuh havin de temerity fuh takin you to court fuh dey own money?

Palos you take the words right outta my mouth here. I cah believe this stuttering fool have the audacity to come and say some dotishness like dis
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2009, 10:13:25 AM »

Dam! 6 runs and a no ball  :cheers:

By the way Jack its not the TEAM of the future, but players that can contribute to the TEAM of the future.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline socachatter

• ey boy look ah make
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2009, 10:55:00 AM »
This has to be the most SHAMELESS piece of PR press out by the ttff.   :puking:  Sounds like it was planted?!  STEUPS!!!!!!!!!!!! 
"Moral certainty is always a sign of cultural inferiority.  The more uncivilized the man, the surer he is that he knows precisely what is right and what is wrong.  All human progress, even in morals, has been the work of men who doubted current moral values, not of men who tried to enforce them."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2009, 02:21:56 PM »
Jack probably know why he saying what he saying re: this team being the team of the future.....according to The Fearless One he quotes a source as saying that he heard this U-20 team has signed contracts with the TTFF that could tie them up for years to come....

So Jackula probably knows that he eh getting no challenge from this bunch down the road..... ??? :-\
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2009, 02:33:16 PM »
Jack probably know why he saying what he saying re: this team being the team of the future.....according to The Fearless One he quotes a source as saying that he heard this U-20 team has signed contracts with the TTFF that could tie them up for years to come....

So Jackula probably knows that he eh getting no challenge from this bunch down the road..... ??? :-\

well if dat is d trute. ah sorry for dem fellas. dey national football career over before it start
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2009, 03:36:53 PM »
Jack...we've seen this movie before, everybody knows how its going to end. Time to take a hard look at yourself Jack!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2009, 05:03:07 PM »
Well if they did sign a contract, then whatever Jack tell them to do, they are stuck in a corner. One thing I do notice is that the majority of the guys on the team are with Joe Public. Coincidence?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2009, 11:18:07 PM »

If dey so bright  :beermug: 2 dem
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>