March 29, 2024, 09:30:18 AM

Author Topic: NASA data: Greenland, Antarctic ice melt worsening AP *  (Read 8449 times)

truetrini

NASA data: Greenland, Antarctic ice melt worsening AP *
« on: September 23, 2009, 09:44:01 PM »
Hope this bullshit talk about cooling happens fast!

NASA data: Greenland, Antarctic ice melt worsening
AP

This April 2003 handout photo provided by the British Antarctic Survey shows a AP – This April 2003 handout photo provided by the British Antarctic Survey shows a glacier meeting the ocean …
By SETH BORENSTEIN, AP Science Writer Seth Borenstein, Ap Science Writer – Wed Sep 23, 1:01 pm ET

WASHINGTON – New satellite information shows that ice sheets in Greenland and western Antarctica continue to shrink faster than scientists thought and in some places are already in runaway melt mode.

British scientists for the first time calculated changes in the height of the vulnerable but massive ice sheets and found them especially worse at their edges. That's where warmer water eats away from below. In some parts of Antarctica, ice sheets have been losing 30 feet a year in thickness since 2003, according to a paper published online Thursday in the journal Nature.

Some of those areas are about a mile thick, so they've still got plenty of ice to burn through. But the drop in thickness is speeding up. In parts of Antarctica, the yearly rate of thinning from 2003 to 2007 is 50 percent higher than it was from 1995 to 2003.

These new measurements, based on 50 million laser readings from a NASA satellite, confirm what some of the more pessimistic scientists thought: The melting along the crucial edges of the two major ice sheets is accelerating and is in a self-feeding loop. The more the ice melts, the more water surrounds and eats away at the remaining ice.

"To some extent it's a runaway effect. The question is how far will it run?" said the study's lead author, Hamish Pritchard of the British Antarctic Survey. "It's more widespread than we previously thought."

The study doesn't answer the crucial question of how much this worsening melt will add to projections of sea level rise from man-made global warming. Some scientists have previously estimated that steady melting of the two ice sheets will add about 3 feet, maybe more, to sea levels by the end of the century. But the ice sheets are so big it would probably take hundreds of years for them to completely disappear.

As scientists watch ice shelves retreat or just plain collapse, some thought the problem could slow or be temporary. The latest measurements eliminate "the most optimistic view," said Penn State University professor Richard Alley, who wasn't part of the study.

The research found that 81 of the 111 Greenland glaciers surveyed are thinning at an accelerating, self-feeding pace.

The key problem is not heat in the air, but the water near the ice sheets, Pritchard said. The water is not just warmer but its circulation is also adding to the melt.

"It is alarming," said Jason Box of Ohio State University, who also wasn't part of the study.

Worsening data, including this report, keep proving "that we're underestimating" how sensitive the ice sheets are to changes, he said.

___

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: NASA data: Greenland, Antarctic ice melt worsening AP *
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 07:40:43 AM »
TT how yuh does only focus on global warmin so.yuh fraid water.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 09:16:57 AM »

he dating Al Gore.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 11:06:10 AM »

he dating Al Gore.

Ohhh Gadddd!!  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 06:19:25 PM »
the man focusing on a very serious issue and that's what allyuh looking to say...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 07:18:28 PM »

he dating Al Gore.

nice! lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 07:23:34 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oEp382HIisE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/oEp382HIisE</a>
Shit movie....... but Oh So True :D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 11:31:37 AM »

EVIDENCE OF ANTHROPOGENIC GLOBAL WARMING

• Arctic ice disappearing

• Glaciers retreating

• Coral reef bleaching

• Mt. Kilimanjaro losing snow

• Madagascan lemurs doing anything

• Four polar bears caught in a storm

• Pick-a-bird/tree/moth facing extinction

• A change in cyclones/hurricanes/typhoons

• Droughts

• Dry rivers

• Computer models (Models of complex systems are based on scores of assumptions and estimates piled on dozens of theories. So they must be right EVEN THOUGH none of the current models forecasted that temperatures would stop rising from 2001 – 2008).

• There is no “better” explanation so that justifies spending billions of dollars

• Some guy with a PhD is “sure”

• 2,500 scientists mostly agree

• A government committee wrote a long report

• Government spending on “Emissions Trading Plans” tops $100 million

• Geri “Ginger Spice” Halliwell signed a skeptics petition

• A failed theologian, ex-politician made a documentary

• Members on this forum say it is so.

• Kevin Costner distilling water from his piss

Here is what is NOT EVIDENCE

• temperatures that do not followed CO2 levels in the past. (They didn’t.)

• The atmosphere not showing the characteristic heating pattern of increased greenhouse warming. (it doesn't)

now, where is that damn emoticon for Sarcasm  ??? let me run an hide before the stone start pelting   :devil:

adapted and parroted from "The Skeptics Handbook" by Joanne Nova
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 09:36:53 PM by pecan »
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 04:40:23 PM »
Pecan, Port of Spain had a dry river for years now ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 09:34:38 PM »
Pecan, Port of Spain had a dry river for years now ;D

in troot .. i forgot about that ..  ;D

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 09:47:48 AM »
On a more serious note, here is a link to the Japanese Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) web sites.  YOu can look at daily images of Arctic Ice coverage (North Pole).  The graph below shows that ice expands and contracts from season to season.

You can compare the changes from year to year and month/year to month/year  as well. 

Arctic Sea Ice Statistics

Month/year to Month/year comparisons:

March 2009 had the second highest ice coverage since 2003.  March 2003 was the highest.

Aug 2009 was the second lowest since 2003.  Aug 2004 was the highest.

My point - taking a single snapshot with out looking at the bigger comparisons does not tell the story.

Arctic Ice has been contracting and expanding.  Take your pick to raise the alarm of your choice.

2009 data suggests that the August ice coverage has been expanding since 2007 albeit, still less than 2003

2009 data suggest that the March ice coverage has been expanding since 2006.

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 06:09:08 PM »
well, well

UPDATE2: Response from CRU h/t to WUWT reader “Nev”

http://briefingroom.typepad.com/the_briefing_room/2009/11/hadleycru-says-leaked-data-is-real.html

The director of Britain’s leading Climate Research Unit, Phil Jones, has told Investigate magazine’s TGIF Edition tonight that his organization has been hacked, and the data flying all over the internet appears to be genuine.

In an exclusive interview, Jones told TGIF, “It was a hacker. We were aware of this about three or four days ago that someone had hacked into our system and taken and copied loads of data files and emails.”

“Have you alerted police”

“Not yet. We were not aware of what had been taken.”

Jones says he was first tipped off to the security breach by colleagues at the website RealClimate.

“Real Climate were given information, but took it down off their site and told me they would send it across to me. They didn’t do that. I only found out it had been released five minutes ago.”

TGIF asked Jones about the controversial email discussing “hiding the decline”, and Jones explained what he was trying to say….

Climategate: the final nail in the coffin of 'Anthropogenic Global Warming'?
By James Delingpole (Telegraph) Politics Last updated: November 20th, 2009

If you own any shares in alternative energy companies I should start dumping them NOW. The conspiracy behind the Anthropogenic Global Warming myth (aka AGW; aka ManBearPig) has been suddenly, brutally and quite deliciously exposed after a hacker broke into the computers at the University of East Anglia’s Climate Research Unit (aka Hadley CRU) and released 61 megabites of confidential files onto the internet. (Hat tip: Watts Up With That)

When you read some of those files – including 1079 emails and 72 documents – you realise just why the boffins at Hadley CRU might have preferred to keep them confidential. As Andrew Bolt puts it, this scandal could well be “the greatest in modern science”. These alleged emails – supposedly exchanged by some of the most prominent scientists pushing AGW theory – suggest:

Conspiracy, collusion in exaggerating warming data, possibly illegal destruction of embarrassing information, organised resistance to disclosure, manipulation of data, private admissions of flaws in their public claims and much more.

One of the alleged emails has a gentle gloat over the death in 2004 of John L Daly (one of the first climate change sceptics, founder of the Still Waiting For Greenhouse site), commenting:

“In an odd way this is cheering news.”

But perhaps the most damaging revelations  – the scientific equivalent of the Telegraph’s MPs’ expenses scandal – are those concerning the way Warmist scientists may variously have manipulated or suppressed evidence in order to support their cause.

Here are a few tasters. (So far, we can only refer to them as alleged emails because – though Hadley CRU’s director Phil Jones has confirmed the break-in to Ian Wishart at the Briefing Room – he has yet to fess up to any specific contents.) But if genuine, they suggest dubious practices such as:

Manipulation of evidence:

I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline.

Private doubts about whether the world really is heating up:

The fact is that we can’t account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can’t. The CERES data published in the August BAMS 09 supplement on 2008 shows there should be even more warming: but the data are surely wrong. Our observing system is inadequate.

Suppression of evidence:

Can you delete any emails you may have had with Keith re AR4?

Keith will do likewise. He’s not in at the moment – minor family crisis.

Can you also email Gene and get him to do the same? I don’t have his new email address.

We will be getting Caspar to do likewise.

Fantasies of violence against prominent Climate Sceptic scientists:

Next
    time I see Pat Michaels at a scientific meeting, I’ll be tempted to beat
    the crap out of him. Very tempted.

Attempts to disguise the inconvenient truth of the Medieval Warm Period (MWP):

……Phil and I have recently submitted a paper using about a dozen NH records that fit this category, and many of which are available nearly 2K back–I think that trying to adopt a timeframe of 2K, rather than the usual 1K, addresses a good earlier point that Peck made w/ regard to the memo, that it would be nice to try to “contain” the putative “MWP”, even if we don’t yet have a hemispheric mean reconstruction available that far back….

And, perhaps most reprehensibly, a long series of communications discussing how best to squeeze dissenting scientists out of the peer review process. How, in other words, to create a scientific climate in which anyone who disagrees with AGW can be written off as a crank, whose views do not have a scrap of authority.

“This was the danger of always criticising the skeptics for not publishing in the “peer-reviewed literature”. Obviously, they found a solution to that–take over a journal! So what do we do about this? I think we have to stop considering “Climate Research” as a legitimate peer-reviewed journal. Perhaps we should encourage our colleagues in the climate research community to no longer submit to, or cite papers in, this journal. We would also need to consider what we tell or request of our more reasonable colleagues who currently sit on the editorial board…What do others think?”

“I will be emailing the journal to tell them I’m having nothing more to do with it until they rid themselves of this troublesome editor.”“It results from this journal having a number of editors. The responsible one for this is a well-known skeptic in NZ. He has let a few papers through by Michaels and Gray in the past. I’ve had words with Hans von Storch about this, but got nowhere. Another thing to discuss in Nice !”

Hadley CRU has form in this regard. In September – I wrote the story up here as “How the global warming industry is based on a massive lie” – Hadley CRU’s researchers were exposed as having “cherry-picked” data in order to support their untrue claim that global temperatures had risen higher at the end of the 20th century than at any time in the last millenium. Hadley CRU was also the organisation which – in contravention of all acceptable behaviour in the international scientific community – spent years withholding data from researchers it deemed unhelpful to its cause. This matters because Hadley CRU, established in 1990 by the Met Office, is a government-funded body which is supposed to be a model of rectitude. Its HadCrut record is one of the four official sources of global temperature data used by the IPCC.

I asked in my title whether this will be the final nail in the coffin of Anthropenic Global Warming. This was wishful thinking, of course. In the run up to Copenhagen, we will see more and more hysterical (and grotesquely exaggerated) stories such as this in the Mainstream Media. And we will see ever-more-virulent campaigns conducted by eco-fascist activists, such as this risible new advertising campaign by Plane Stupid showing CGI polar bears falling from the sky and exploding because kind of, like, man, that’s sort of what happens whenever you take another trip on an aeroplane.

The world is currently cooling; electorates are increasingly reluctant to support eco-policies leading to more oppressive regulation, higher taxes and higher utility bills; the tide is turning against Al Gore’s Anthropogenic Global Warming theory. The so-called “sceptical” view is now also the majority view.

Unfortunately, we’ve a long, long way to go before the public mood (and scientific truth) is reflected by our policy makers. There are too many vested interests in AGW, with far too much to lose either in terms of reputation or money, for this to end without a bitter fight.

But if the Hadley CRU scandal is true,it’s a blow to the AGW lobby’s credibility which is never likely to recover.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2009, 07:52:57 PM »
Oh dear :-[ :-[

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2009, 09:37:22 PM »
i dont know if any of you guys heard of the Trinibago scientist he lives in CANADA , he planted a stake on land in Mayaro near the beach he  came back and checked it a couple years ago and the stake was  almost coverd with water .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2009, 10:36:59 PM »
i dont know if any of you guys heard of the Trinibago scientist he lives in CANADA , he planted a stake on land in Mayaro near the beach he  came back and checked it a couple years ago and the stake was  almost coverd with water .

planted it in low tide.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2009, 03:07:42 PM »

planted it in low tide.

dat or some body move it

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2009, 04:35:58 PM »
well, well

UPDATE2: Response from CRU h/t to WUWT reader “Nev”

http://briefingroom.typepad.com/the_briefing_room/2009/11/hadleycru-says-leaked-data-is-real.html

But if the Hadley CRU scandal is true,it’s a blow to the AGW lobby’s credibility which is never likely to recover.

if is good science, there should be other scientists independently verifying the conclusions of the CRU. nonetheless, trust in climate scientists cyah help but be shaken. according to these guys, research funding for CC is almost all public - so much for independent verification.  :-\

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2009, 03:59:27 PM »
good point dey ribbit

meantime, fake or not I like dis global warmin business oui...is november and I on de roof puttin up christmas lights in short pants like I livin in miami
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

truetrini

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2009, 10:10:53 PM »
CO2 levels keep rising as key climate talks loom
Scientist: ‘Coin-flip odds for serious outcomes for our planet’
Image: air pollution
Gabriel Bouys / AFP - Getty Images
Scientists say carbon dioxide concentrations are on their way to a near-certain record high that could lead to scientists' worst-case scenarios about global warming, droughts, flooding, and plant and animal die-offs.
 View related photos

Slideshows
Image: Belchatow Power Station
Reuters

Climate conditions
View signals of temperature shifts across the globe, as well as some approaches to dealing with change.

Interactives

Vital Signs of a Warming World
The science, impacts and scenarios of climate shifts

Carbon trade game
Learn how "cap and trade" works and play along in a simulated market.

Rising seas
What future sea levels could mean for some of America's favorite places

The greenhouse effect
How the Earth maintains a temperature conducive to life

Eyeing the ice
The National Science Foundation's Tom Wagner on why climate experts study Antarctica.

MAUNA LOA OBSERVATORY, Hawaii - The readings at this 2-mile-high station show a troubling upward curve as the world counts down to crucial climate talks: Global warming gases are building in the atmosphere at record levels from emissions that match scientists' worst-case scenarios.

Carbon dioxide concentrations this fall are hovering at around 385 parts per million, on their way to a near-certain record high above 390 in the first half of next year, at the annual peak.

"For the past million years we've never seen 390. You have to wonder what that's going to do," said physicist John Barnes, the observatory director.
Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

One leading atmospheric scientist, Stephen Schneider, sees "coin-flip odds for serious outcomes for our planet."

Far from this mid-Pacific government observatory, negotiators from 192 nations gather in wintry Copenhagen, Denmark, next month to try to agree on steps to head off the worst of the climate disruptions researchers say will result if concentrations hit around 450 parts per million — in 30 years at the current rate. Some say the world has already passed a danger point, at 350 ppm, and must roll back.

Today's emissions curve is tracking the worst case among seven emissions scenarios set out in 2001 by the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, or IPCC, British climatologists reported in September.

Rising temperatures
The U.N. expert group projects that such a path would raise global temperatures between 4.3 and 11.5 degrees Fahrenheit by century's end. That would come on top of a global temperature increase of about 1 degree in the past century, a warming trend the authoritative IPCC says is mainly due to the buildup of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases.

Such warming will shift climate patterns, cause more extreme weather events, spread drought and floods to new areas, kill off plant and animal species, and cause seas to rise from heat expansion and the melting of land ice, the IPCC says.

"Changing several degrees may not seem like much, but we're just changing things too fast," Barnes said. "So the consequences could well be drastic."

The IPCC has urged industrialized countries to reduce global emissions by 25 percent to 40 percent below 1990 levels by 2020. As of 2007, they stood only 4 percent below 1990 levels, and the rest of the world continued pouring out more and more heat-trapping gases, chiefly from the burning of coal, gasoline and other fossil fuels.

Through this decade global emissions have grown by 23 percent. In 2008, almost three-quarters of the increase came from China, researchers reported last week. Other big contributors among developing countries were India, Saudi Arabia, Brazil, South Africa, South Korea, Indonesia, Iran and Mexico.

Tipping point
Experts see no sign of a slowdown.

It would "probably be at 390 (ppm) next year at Mauna Loa," said Fred T. Mackenzie, a professor emeritus of oceanography at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. That would represent almost a 40 percent increase in carbon-dioxide density in the atmosphere since before the industrial age and extensive use of fossil fuels.

Schneider, a Stanford University climatologist, said the world faces a huge risk.

"I think meters of sea-level rise are virtually inevitable, unless we can stop this. But I'm not such an optimist," he told journalists on a fellowship program with the Honolulu-based East-West Center. "The main message is we're in risk management. We do not know the science well enough to know exactly what the temperature is at when a tipping point will occur."

This U.S. government observatory, 11,141 feet up Mauna Loa's northern flank, also measures methane and other significant greenhouse gases. It was here on Hawaii's Big Island that climatologist Charles David Keeling pioneered the measurement of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, installing his experimental manometer on the gently sloping volcano in 1958.

He chose the site, already a U.S. Weather Service station, because the trade winds blowing over it had some of the cleanest air on the planet. Barnes said the CO2 measurements here, thousands of miles from major industry, were the first to show that manmade carbon dioxide emissions were accumulating throughout the global atmosphere.

Tracking the CO2 curve
The upward trend, averaging 1.9 parts per million per year in the past decade, undergoes seasonal fluctuations. In summer, during the growing season, plants absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. But in winter, the concentration of C02 rises as vegetation and other biomass decompose.

The observatory is part of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's worldwide network for measuring greenhouse gases. It coordinates measurements with other U.S.-run research stations in Alaska, California, American Samoa and the South Pole. Japan and Australia also run such networks.

The Mauna Loa researchers extend their measurements through their "flask network" — containers sent to dozens of places around the world each week or carried on commercial ships so people can fill them with air and send them back to be measured for C02 and other gases.
Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

Barnes, watching the carbon dioxide "ppm" curve track ever upward on Mauna Loa, while some other greenhouse gases decline, noted that long-lived CO2 is "more and more the bigger player."

"It is going into the ocean, and there's some plant uptake, but a whole lot of it just goes into the air and it's going to stay there for thousands of years," he said.

More from msnbc.com

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2009, 10:43:31 PM »
I watching the water level at the beach where I grow up and where we use to play on the beach during high tide now the water covering that area. The little mountain that was on land now during high tide in water. The water getting closer and closer to the street.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2009, 06:55:54 AM »
Scientists say carbon dioxide concentrations are on their way to a near-certain record high that could lead to scientists' worst-case scenarios about global warming, droughts, flooding, and plant and animal die-offs.

sound like a quote from the Bible

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2009, 11:41:18 AM »

show me the similar quotes in the BIBle and I converting,,,today!

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2009, 07:00:25 AM »

show me the similar quotes in the BIBle and I converting,,,today!

Oh ye of little faith, although the AGW deities have proven to be fallible, there is no need to switch to another doom and gloom religion.

But if you insist, let me help you with your pending conversion

Droughts

Deuteronomy 28:22
The LORD will strike you with wasting disease, with fever and inflammation, with scorching heat and drought, with blight and mildew, which will plague you until you perish.

Haggai 1:11
... a drought on the fields and the mountains, on the grain, the new wine, the oil and whatever the ground produces, on men and cattle, and on the labor of your hands."

Floods

Genesis 6:17
I am going to bring flood waters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish.

[that last one really sound like the global warming doomsayers oui!]

Genesis 7:17, 24
For forty days the flood kept coming on the earth, and as the waters increased they lifted the ark high above the earth. ... The waters flooded the earth for a hundred and fifty days.

truetrini

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2009, 07:05:08 AM »
I want a quote about green house emissions...dem quotes I already knew and nutten like what you originally stated.

Nutten dem scientists stated sounds like the Bible myths you quoting..NUTTEN!

truetrini

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2009, 07:05:57 AM »
oh and by the way...all dem quotes you attributing to the Bible were coopted and already existed in other older civilizations..I refer you to the Epic of Gilgamesh

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2009, 07:11:17 AM »
George Monbiot (Britain's Al Gore) will be in Toronto next week, participating in the Munk Debates, debating the following topic

Be it resolved climate change is Mankind's defining crisis and demands a commensurate response

Here is what he had to say about Climategate (i.e the CRU hack/leak)

By George Monbiot, published in the Guardian, 23rd November 2009

It’s no use pretending that this isn’t a major blow. The emails extracted by a hacker from the climatic research unit at the University of East Anglia could scarcely be more damaging(1). I am now convinced that they are genuine, and I’m dismayed and deeply shaken by them.

Yes, the messages were obtained illegally. Yes, all of us say things in emails that would be excruciating if made public. Yes, some of the comments have been taken out of context. But there are some messages that require no spin to make them look bad. There appears to be evidence here of attempts to prevent scientific data from being released(2,3), and even to destroy material that was subject to a freedom of information request(4).

Worse still, some of the emails suggest efforts to prevent the publication of work by climate sceptics(5,6), or to keep it out of a report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change(7). I believe that the head of the unit, Phil Jones, should now resign. Some of the data discussed in the emails should be re-analysed.

But do these revelations justify the sceptics’ claims that this is “the final nail in the coffin” of global warming theory?(8,9) Not at all. They damage the credibility of three or four scientists. They raise questions about the integrity of one or perhaps two out of several hundred lines of evidence. To bury manmade climate change, a far wider conspiracy would have to be revealed
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 07:17:26 AM by pecan »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2009, 07:16:56 AM »
I want a quote about green house emissions...dem quotes I already knew and nutten like what you originally stated.

LOL  :rotfl:

geezan ages .. you too funny

looks like I have to explain it to you Assrancid, oops, sorry, I mean TT

my point was the tone of the gloom and doom spouted by the AGW proponent is not unlike the tone of gloom and doom spouted in the Bible.

I was comparing tone rather that literal quote .. geezan ages.  dont distract from the real issue at hand

Furthermore, the fervor that some people have embraced AGW is not unlike religious fervor where faith rules supreme.

capice?

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2009, 07:24:48 AM »
at 10:00 am EST, Al Gore and David Suzuki will be on-air on CBC's "Q" with Jian Ghomeshi.  Al Gore spoke to 1,300+ disciples in Toronto last night

Index of stations

or

London Radio One
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 07:49:17 AM by pecan »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2009, 07:48:33 AM »

and some of those prominent scientists (scientists who contributed to the IPCC reports no less!!!)) were found to be cooking the data.  Yeah right, real science, right.  At least in my religion, I acknowledge that it is faith based.

How is this for a quote?

From Dr. Phil Jones, head of the CRU to Ray Bradley, Michael Mann  and Malcolm Hughes ((hockey stick guys): 

"I've just completed Mike's Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (i.e. from 1981 onwards) and from 1961 for Keith's to hide the decline."

steupes

truetrini

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2009, 08:54:15 AM »

LOL  :rotfl:

geezan ages .. you too funny

looks like I have to explain it to you Assrancid, oops, sorry, I mean TT

my point was the tone of the gloom and doom spouted by the AGW proponent is not unlike the tone of gloom and doom spouted in the Bible.

I was comparing tone rather that literal quote .. geezan ages.  dont distract from the real issue at hand

Furthermore, the fervor that some people have embraced AGW is not unlike religious fervor where faith rules supreme.

capice?

I was kicksing from the start fella...steups

AND I AM NOT ASSRANCID!  fro the f**king m,illionth time..ok?

1]; } ?>