April 25, 2024, 11:04:21 AM

Author Topic: Does T&T Football on the whole ever focus on Defense and endurance?  (Read 6610 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: Does T&T Football on the whole ever focus on Defense and endurance?
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2009, 10:22:08 AM »
How yuh go teach ah player how to defend and he at the National level?

Who evaluate he/them to make the team?

I guess the question becomes. Who was left out? Were they better defenders? Do we know that for sure at an International level? Call name!  ???
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2009, 10:23:05 AM »
The National team coach can only work with what he have. The youth coaches are the one to take the blame. They trying to fast track players so they could get pips. If the youth coaches take their time and teach proper first touch, playing in small groups, receiving, indiviual and group defending, principles of play attacking and defending, etc.

The National team coach cannot be expected to teach these things. Players should show up and have the ability to carry out whatever tactics the coach want them to carry out. These players looking for contract with pro clubs and the national team coach have to teach them to recieve for time and space?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2009, 10:24:53 AM »
How yuh go teach ah player how to defend and he at the National level?

Who evaluate he/them to make the team?

I guess the question becomes. Who was left out? Were they better defenders? Do we know that for sure at an International level? Call name!  ???

Therein lies the problem. I believe they have the best, so we cannot complain really.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2009, 10:33:22 AM »
Bigger question. Yuh cousin dem coming to play for T&T  ;D

Daz punkin vine cousin... 8)

observer know the answer to his question ;D as for palos, pumpkin vine my ass, you know my family? ::) you know who im talking about? some fellahs fas no ass on here, there actually my 2nd cousins, its not my fault you have no family playing top flight football.. dont be jealous and resort to saying pumpkin vine... 8) :o

Jealous?

Jes because I doh try to claim proxy pips offa distant family like you?

Steupes. ::)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2009, 01:04:48 PM »
Bigger question. Yuh cousin dem coming to play for T&T  ;D

Daz punkin vine cousin... 8)

observer know the answer to his question ;D as for palos, pumpkin vine my ass, you know my family? ::) you know who im talking about? some fellahs fas no ass on here, there actually my 2nd cousins, its not my fault you have no family playing top flight football.. dont be jealous and resort to saying pumpkin vine... 8) :o

Jealous?

Jes because I doh try to claim proxy pips offa distant family like you?

Steupes. ::)

distant family, haul yuh ass, u ent know anything about my family... so stop assumin like yuh know, i ent trying to get pips, jus givin an example, allyuh men is shithounds professin to be so all knowledgable about ball but passin judgment on others bc yuh dont have the ideas or questions... observer your excluded breds... wasnt referring to you
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 01:40:16 PM by Controversial »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2009, 01:17:55 PM »
chicken and the egg

you say we get bun cuz we always chasing the ball and don't have possession

guess what? to maintain possession the team needs to be constantly moving and creating spaces to pass the ball...which requires FITNESS
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2009, 02:48:36 PM »
chicken and the egg

you say we get bun cuz we always chasing the ball and don't have possession

guess what? to maintain possession the team needs to be constantly moving and creating spaces to pass the ball...which requires FITNESS

Both teams could be equally fit but if one doing all the chasing who going to bun first.
Normally a good passing team would allow the defenders to get a lil respite when they moving the ball around in the opposing half but when you only retain possession for 3 or max 4 passes it means yuh jus get past half line and lose the ball automatically the mids and defense chasin with the strikers running back to keep up, that and the fact that when yuh defending yuh have a lot more work to do with turning and adjusting. Keeping possession of the ball definitely reduces your work rate.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2009, 03:19:41 PM »
possession football is important but endurance is key to any squad at the intl level...

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2009, 03:52:47 PM »
possession football is important but endurance is key to any squad at the intl level...
        Why don't we just say to play at the international level requires a combination of both,i don't think one will work without the next.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2009, 04:49:44 PM »
        Why don't we just say to play at the international level requires a combination of both,i don't think one will work without the next.

very true but before them youths even touch a ball they should training to run for over 120 mins of football without sustaining injuries and concentration at periods when they tire also..

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2009, 06:25:49 PM »
too add is it me or can anyone else derive from this video like ttff people never seen a hot/cold tub or a nice locker room before.?  Ill hate to think tnt football in 2009 dont have those things yet.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/Evwo1kAT_u8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/Evwo1kAT_u8</a>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evwo1kAT_u8

After seeing JW criticize the WICB for their century old training equipment and facilities, what high-performance training facilities does JW have for the TTFF?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 06:31:01 PM by Babalawo »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2009, 06:34:19 PM »
anyone have pictures of the locker rooms in the HCS
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2009, 07:15:25 PM »
       I thought the government own that?

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2009, 07:52:21 PM »
The National team coach can only work with what he have. The youth coaches are the one to take the blame. They trying to fast track players so they could get pips. If the youth coaches take their time and teach proper first touch, playing in small groups, receiving, indiviual and group defending, principles of play attacking and defending, etc.

The National team coach cannot be expected to teach these things. Players should show up and have the ability to carry out whatever tactics the coach want them to carry out. These players looking for contract with pro clubs and the national team coach have to teach them to recieve for time and space?

Yep...when they get to the national team it should be about tactical adjustment and maintaining match fitness; unless they are out of season (like before the World Cup) and the coach has to design more of a mini preseason-type program to peak in time for the tournament.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2009, 08:46:21 PM »
       I thought the government own that?
Yeah, my bad,
ok what about the locker rooms at the Marvin Lee then
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2009, 04:12:30 PM »

Yep...when they get to the national team it should be about tactical adjustment and maintaining match fitness; unless they are out of season (like before the World Cup) and the coach has to design more of a mini preseason-type program to peak in time for the tournament.

very good points and i agree fully, however we are not faced with that, we have to deal with what we been given and its less than expected, so the natl coaches have to do work on the basics and fundamentals in order to get the best results, regardless of whether the youth coaches failed to do so... we cant keep on relying on others when its not happening, so natl coaches have an extended role in development now and should be ready to deal with it in order for the program to move forward bc the youth coaches continuing like business as usual with no repercussions

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2009, 05:56:07 PM »

very good points and i agree fully, however we are not faced with that, we have to deal with what we been given and its less than expected, so the natl coaches have to do work on the basics and fundamentals in order to get the best results, regardless of whether the youth coaches failed to do so... we cant keep on relying on others when its not happening, so natl coaches have an extended role in development now and should be ready to deal with it in order for the program to move forward bc the youth coaches continuing like business as usual with no repercussions

Thing is that we cyar move on like this.  We will keep coming up short if we continue like this.  without a structural overhaul, we will keep on having the results we have been getting.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2009, 06:02:43 PM »

The time the National coach have with the players are limited, so even if he spending 40% of the total time on TEACHING technique is way to much. That time should be spent on tactical adjustments.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2009, 05:52:12 AM »
You know watching this last sr campaign and go down to the youth level. Do these tt coaches know how to have a well organized backline who can run for 120 mins?

and when i say 120 mins, im referring to the german program where players have the ability to run the full 90 mins and extra time at a high level.

The only time i have seen our players up to the task was under beenhakker, a good coach who focused on defense and reducing errors made by the unit, hence i highlight unit, not individual, wim was the asst coach who organized the backline. we had the fitness level at the world cup, but it evades us in qualifying time and time again.

Like I said before 2006 germany, if the players are together for more than a month training, we will be a very good side, beenhakker of course is not perfect, neither wim but they had a organized team.

You saw what a good coach and asst coach can do, unlike our recent qualifying and what i just witnessed with our u20 team. Keeping in mind corneal was just an observer for the sr team in 2006. Not a significant contributor atall.

If the ttff and jack warner wanna see tt qualify and do well in fifa tournaments, they will have an excellent coach and asst coach, not to mention a conditioning coach that can keep them running for more than 90 mins at a high level.

Thats all tt have always missed, a coach, asst coach and trainer whos world class, we have the players, dont fool yourself, our sr team and u20 if it were coaches by competent individuals we would not be talking about losing by 4 goals and not qualifying for south africa.

Not to mention, defense would be an integral part of our football program, it feels like defense is never the emphasis when coming to tt football, it almost feels like people think the biggest shithounds are the defenders in tt..

Ah could tell you are a very passionate fan....

Having been on the youth national team set up, yes, they do practice with the intention of playing 120 minutes.  However, me eh care how superfit you are, if yuh under constant pressure there is only so much yuh could do....

Agree with the lack of emphasis on defense though.  That has never been our strong point. 

So basically we outa we depth? Being under pressure and not keeping the ball and attacking enough.

i still believe the training is not up to par in comparison to what some of my cousins was doing in a country like holland for the 1st division sides.. the training is anything but lapsing, not to mention the coaching is atrocious, especially the coaches who get picked in tt...

we are not out of dept, we are very talented in fact, problem is the attitude, mentality, ability to concentrate for long periods and the coaches and trainers...

with the right coaching staff and training staff,a sports psychologist and a good td, these youths would be dominating concacaf on the regular, this however takes money, money that the govt will not put out even though they have it and jw cant fund everything... so we stuck with 2nd rate coaches and trainers..

I agree with most of what your saying dude. My problem comes in when you keep trying to stuff beenie man down my throat as the poster boy coach or semi super coach which he was not. Beenie man could be that defensive coach that TnT needs. He does knoe how to organise the backline or the unit... however thats where the buck stops with him. ah like what we talking about in this thread because so far its all true. Even beenie being the best coach we had is true but personally I would keep Latas over Beenie anyday and re-hire Whim as his assistant because that is who had de backline jumping anyway.. Ask people who was close to the WC 06 team who was the defensive genius. It was Whim the Troll.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2009, 05:55:21 AM »

and call dat george... :applause: :applause: :applause:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2009, 05:59:33 AM »

but the national coaches dont have the time to do that. De coach dont see the players enough to do that. There is no well allyuh on vacation so fly home nah leh we work on some shit. 3-4 days before a match doesnt allow for dem kinda training.
Warren N. Boucaud

1]; } ?>