March 28, 2024, 12:28:55 PM

Author Topic: Fellow Warriors : When will we learn?  (Read 1580 times)

Offline Born Again!

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Fellow Warriors : When will we learn?
« on: September 24, 2009, 03:42:41 PM »
After watching our under 20's World Cup 1-4 defeat I ask: When will we learn?

1. That goals win matches and that no matter how close you came to scoring near misses count for nothing
2. That having a professional contract with an overseas team counts for nil, but results, hardwork and commitment for the national colours count for everything
3. That the aim of the game is ball control, passing, movement, cohesion, awareness, tenacity, composure to take chances and prevent chances being scored against you.
4. To play players on form, commitment, attitude and nothing else
5. If you get beaten 4-1 that statistic stands in the annals of the game. Not how close the game actually was!
6. To spend the $$ on proper youth development and lifting the standards of youth coaching and to stop these quick fixes that result in teams that are not technically sound.
7. To stop recycling coaches that have failed in the past.
8. To become constructively critical of all things from admin to discipline and demand that standards be met
9. To hate losing with such a passion that winning becomes the only bearable option.
10. To politely and courteously tell AJW and the TTFF where to go and where to put it

and finally

11. That although we love the football and we love we Soca Warriors our salvation is the most precious of things

Born Again!

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
Re: Fellow Warriors : When will we learn?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 04:05:31 PM »

1. That goals win matches and that no matter how close you came to scoring near misses count for nothing
2. That having a professional contract with an overseas team counts for nil, but results, hardwork and commitment for the national colours count for everything
3. That the aim of the game is ball control, passing, movement, cohesion, awareness, tenacity, composure to take chances and prevent chances being scored against you.
5. If you get beaten 4-1 that statistic stands in the annals of the game. Not how close the game actually was!
6. To spend the $$ on proper youth development and lifting the standards of youth coaching and to stop these quick fixes that result in teams that are not technically sound.
7. To stop recycling coaches that have failed in the past.
8. To become constructively critical of all things from admin to discipline and demand that standards be met
9. To hate losing with such a passion that winning becomes the only bearable option.
10. To politely and courteously tell AJW and the TTFF where to go and where to put it

and finally

11. That although we love the football and we love we Soca Warriors our salvation is the most precious of things

Born Again!

i love readin your posts. keep it up
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 04:06:53 PM »
people wont learn... i guess trinbagonians dont realize how talented they are...

they take things for granted... if we had a great coach, asst coach and training staff for all levels of football, we would make every single world cup, bc the talent and skill is there, especially if they pick the best players, many years we have been picking the worst players

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 04:14:01 PM »
Bornagain..ah second that and you should sent that post to dumpalewie and arimaman...cause i don't know what kinda of football them local coached teaching them youth in T&T....bornagain...ah keep telling myself that...went are we going to learn....it seem you and i could go take a course in coaching...pass the test...without any real knowledge of the game and ah mean in technical form....cause them young lacking basic consistency in football and i don't know why most Trini fan seeing that and the head of our federation is not seeing the same thing....my red flag went up went we mostly lost all of our friendly

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 04:21:59 PM »
It is not where the money coming from it is where the money going to. We keep recycling coaches and hear ye-Coaches must start telling players I only want men on my team who hate to lose.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 04:49:27 PM »

6. To spend the $$ on proper youth development and lifting the standards of youth coaching and to stop these quick fixes that result in teams that are not technically sound.7. To stop recycling coaches that have failed in the past.

and finally

Born Again!

That right there is indispensible. Without a proper youth program(that includes weight training) our football will never improve.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 04:57:20 PM »
All yuh talking about weights. Them I have to be a genius!!!

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 05:20:33 PM »
people wont learn... i guess trinbagonians dont realize how talented they are...

they take things for granted... if we had a great coach, asst coach and training staff for all levels of football, we would make every single world cup, bc the talent and skill is there, especially if they pick the best players, many years we have been picking the worst players
Natural skill yes, but players in trini are technically poor....that goes from kids 10 years old to the snr national team players.  Until we improve our technical ability results like today will be the norm.....

Nonetheless I agree, having the right coaches and the right improvement goes a long way.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Mackie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 11:39:30 AM »

Born Again!

Ah like it ! But tell de people how to get saved !!!

1]; } ?>