March 28, 2024, 05:49:30 AM

Author Topic: Trinis in Action (Sept 25-27, 2009).  (Read 18116 times)

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trinis in Action (Sept 25-27, 2009).
« Reply #120 on: September 27, 2009, 01:08:53 PM »
Anyone see Darryl Roberts scored?

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers
« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2009, 01:10:31 PM »
5:16?

Where the extra 30 seconds for the sub and the 59 seconds the ref could add.
Plus it had a goal in stoppage time.

The Ref Tiefin!

he shud be reprimanded by the FA. an utter disgrace. sad day in football.

Ah wonder what all the ManU apologists and expert match analysts have to say about this ref time keeping?  ???

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2009, 01:27:17 PM »
look like you fooled man cause Hennessy wasn't saving that slow thing to save he life...

Say Hennessy couldn't reach it... that is obvious, but KJ get lucky because Hennessy was flat-footed when he strike it, dai'z de only reason that thing score.  Obviously he wasn't beaten by the pace and considering that KJ didn't even look up at the goal before he struck it I doh see how anybody could argue that that wasn't luck.

I ent taking nutten from Kenwyne... sometimes it better to be lucky than good.  No harm in admitting that.

Watch all the better strikers, they don't have to look up to score no goal. They know exactly where they are on the field and angles keepers will be at, is not just so men does become strikers. Strikers are trained to not raise their head and finish.
To say it lucky is to take everythig away from KJ, it was a good goal from a great strike. It looked exactly like he knew what he was doing.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2009, 01:37:46 PM »
so de benching helping Kenwyne...score two today :p

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 27, 2009, 01:44:40 PM »
This game was probably a big decider of Jones near future ....an ah still not sure which direction his fate taking
Bruce wasn't happy about him taking the penalty. Said it wouldn't happen again.
Did Jones miss o sum? steups bruce just looking for old talk that penalty clearly give KJ confidents he should b happy for that...

No just thing it is more about authority and who is in charge tbh, Bent is the penalty taker, its not his decision to take, that would be my view on it although some could say he has it in for KJ, but I suspect he would of said the same if FC instead of KJ had on been playing and Bent did the same thing.
Bent already have 2 or 3 goals off penalty why he go make fuss after match for KJ taking one steups bruce full of shit in this circumstances he shoulda hull he ass and vent in privacy damn idiot......

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 27, 2009, 01:57:25 PM »
Just a point.People we have to realize that a manager does not expect a player like KJ to cover grass like say Anelka,all 14 stone plus of KJ has its strengths,like a prop forward in rugby.KJ lack the know how of playing without the ball.I would like to think that steve Bruce and his strength and conditioning people know a lil more about conditioning a top class athlete than us.KJ is fit to do what is expected of him.
tell them it was me

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2009, 02:18:06 PM »
look like you fooled man cause Hennessy wasn't saving that slow thing to save he life...

Say Hennessy couldn't reach it... that is obvious, but KJ get lucky because Hennessy was flat-footed when he strike it, dai'z de only reason that thing score.  Obviously he wasn't beaten by the pace and considering that KJ didn't even look up at the goal before he struck it I doh see how anybody could argue that that wasn't luck.

I ent taking nutten from Kenwyne... sometimes it better to be lucky than good.  No harm in admitting that.
Nah man.

It was a well taken goal. Not luck.

Even the commentators expressed that sentiment.
TnT Patriot

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 27, 2009, 02:25:12 PM »
Jones double inspires Sunderland(PA) Sunday 27 September 2009

Kenwyne Jones plundered a second-half double as Sunderland finally killed off a Wolverhampton Wanderers fightback in a seven-goal thriller. Sunderland found themselves 2-0 up three minutes into the second half after first leading scorer Darren Bent and then Jones had converted penalties.

That was perhaps a little harsh on the visitors, and John Mensah's own goal and Kevin Doyle's strike inside six second-half minutes were little more than they deserved. However, what Sunderland lacked in defence, where they were tormented at times by Doyle and Andy Keogh, they more than made up for in attack.

Jones restored their lead with 20 minutes remaining with a powerful long-range drive, and when Michael Turner powered home a 73rd-minute header, the home fans among a crowd of 37,566 were able to breathe a little more easily.

Wolves manager Mick McCarthy's misery was complete in injury time when defender Michael Mancienne deflected Bent's shot past goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey to complete the scoring. McCarthy arrived at the Stadium of Light to try once again to claim a first Barclays Premier League victory on Wearside, something he never managed during his time as Sunderland manager, and he will have headed for the dressing room at half-time with mixed emotions.

Despite seeing his side more than play a part in an entertaining first 45 minutes, they left the pitch at the break trailing to the only goal. That came just nine minutes into the contest when Segundo Castillo's clumsy challenge on Bent sent the striker sprawling and referee Lee Mason pointed to the spot.

Bent dusted himself down before smashing his penalty low to Hennessey's right, and Sunderland were on their way, or so it appeared. In fact, Steve Bruce's men created only two more chances of note during the remainder of the half, Kenwyne Jones forcing a good save from Hennessey 12 minutes before the break and the keeper then plucking Bent's lob out of the air, after the ball fell nicely for the former Tottenham Hotspur frontman six minutes later.

But with Wolves arguably just shading the opening 45 minutes, they had several opportunities of their own. They were aggrieved not to be awarded a 31st-minute penalty for Turner's untidy aerial challenge on Doyle, who was proving a real handful, while midfielder Dave Edwards twice went close with close-range headers.

Republic of Ireland striker Doyle led a rousing finish to the half by the visitors, twice forcing Turner into good blocks in injury time. But he came agonisingly close to an equaliser in the final moments, glancing a header just wide with goalkeeper Craig Gordon beaten.

Cattermole and Castillo off
Both managers made changes a the break, Jordan Henderson replacing the injured Lee Cattermole and Michael Kightly coming on for Castillo. But the newcomers had hardly had a chance to break sweat when Sunderland increased their lead.

Bent got in front of Christophe Berra to collect Steed Malbranque's low cross and then went over the defender's out-stretched leg, and the outcome was inevitable. Jones successfully argued his case to be allowed to take the penalty with Bent, and duly dispatched it past Hennessey. However, what looked like a commanding lead dissolved within six minutes.

Berra went some of the way to redeeming himself within a minute of his rash challenge when his cross was palmed on to Mensah's chest by Gordon and the ball flew into his own net. But if there was an element of misfortune about the goal, the equaliser was gift-wrapped.

Kieran Richardson's miscued back-pass might have ended up in the net had Gordon not got a hand to it, but Mr. Mason awarded a free-kick six yards out. Karl Henry's shot from Keogh's tap was blocked, but Doyle gleefully thumped the rebound home to get his side back on terms.

The game was back in the melting pot with Wolves sensing a chance to claim back-to-back league wins and Sunderland defending with a distinct lack of confidence. However, when they finally responded, they did so in devastating fashion.

Jones demonstrated his potency with 20 minutes remaining when he drilled a low shot past Hennessey and into the bottom corner to restore his side's lead, and although the keeper pulled off a fine save to deny Bent three minutes later, he was beaten again within seconds.

Turner, whose header against former club Hull City was eventually given as an own goal, made sure there was no argument this time with a well-placed downward header from Andy Reid's corner to make it 4-2. Richardson had to clear Greg Halford's 76th-minute header off the line to deny the visitors another lifeline, but Mancienne's late contribution rubbed salt into the wound.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 27, 2009, 02:40:06 PM »
Fisrt kev, KJ had a good game today, from my point of view, and even though i was not there in the stadium, from where i stood, he won a lot of headers he came back in defence way more than bent, he defended on every set piece and he worked his arse off like ah chattel mule! don't know where you got this " he looked like he couldn't be arsed today" comment from.

on KJ's 2nd goal, did anyone seen KJ's first EPL goal against reading? well it was taken in simular fashion, he caught the keeper off his toes out the box and fired in the corner, well taken goal!

as for steve bruce, i understand where he's coming from, and maybe if we had a policy like that on our national team , we would've at least beaten el salvador by 3 to nil in the WCQ opener. i too believe in designated penatly kickers, but i had a problem with the way he blew up his players in the press, he had no right! that was very malicious of him.

all in all, good win, good come back, and kev, that is what great games are made of, teams that dig their way out ah pit and rally back to win. good games don't always have tuh look pretty.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 02:42:41 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 27, 2009, 02:41:04 PM »
Really impressed with KJ's verbal skills, very good interview as always.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 27, 2009, 02:45:44 PM »
Did he really? what was the final score, and did he play the full 90? thanx.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #131 on: September 27, 2009, 02:48:28 PM »
Dey draw 1-1. He scored an 83rd minute penalty.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 27, 2009, 02:49:58 PM »
KJ and bent,de next yorke and cole. ::)
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 27, 2009, 03:02:19 PM »
Watch all the better strikers, they don't have to look up to score no goal. They know exactly where they are on the field and angles keepers will be at, is not just so men does become strikers. Strikers are trained to not raise their head and finish.
To say it lucky is to take everythig away from KJ, it was a good goal from a great strike. It looked exactly like he knew what he was doing.

That's all fine and good except we not talking about one of the "better strikers" here... in case yuh didn't notice.  As for training and all of that.... Kenwyne is a converted defender still learning the position, so rewind that and come again.  The way allyuh men acting is as though Kenwyne is this clinical finisher... which he isn't.

When he start doing that a bit more consistently then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say "he knew exactly what he was doing".
Nah man.

I hear dem breaking all over deyself... dem saying so don't mean it's so.  The man put forth ah decent effort and it went in.  To say it was "well-taken" to me says that he put it EXACTLY where he wanted to.... that he knew exactly where Hennessy was and deliberately put it just beyond his reach.  The man get lucky that it was just beyond Hennessy reach and still inside the post, not sure why it so hard fuh man to admit that.  It's not like ah saying it was a 'fluke' goal... but a little bit of luck was a factor.

...btw, not sure who the moderator is that keeps merging these threads, but this is real shit.  The original thread was to discuss the Sunderland game, the Trinis in Action thread is to follow the exploits of all the foreign-based SocaWarriors... it should be kept for that purpose, post score and match updates only.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 27, 2009, 03:10:49 PM »
Dey draw 1-1. He scored an 83rd minute penalty.
Thanx. ah hope ppl takin stock. BTW ah see glenn injured, just maybe this time.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 27, 2009, 03:14:14 PM »
 :rotfl: funny nobody say kJ a clinical striker all man saying it was a good strike wow yall tie up ppl word bad dread wayyy... Anything to discredit KJ it seems will be said by some fellas on here stop arguing and join in and give the man props for a nice strike.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 03:16:57 PM by Trinidogg »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #136 on: September 27, 2009, 03:17:00 PM »
:rotfl: funny nobody say kJ a clinical striker all man saying it was a good strike wow yall tie up ppl word bad dread wayyy... Anything to discredit KJ it seems will be said by some fellas on here stop arguing and join in and give the man props for a nice strike.
BnS give him props for de strike from de start. All he say is dat de keeper coulda do better. One idea doesn't exclude de other.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 27, 2009, 03:19:04 PM »
BnS give him props for de strike from de start. All he say is dat de keeper coulda do better. One idea doesn't exclude de other.
the way i ment is how he keep complainin bout its a fluke goal and kj lucky... he talking like kj had he head down close he eyes and pray the ball roll into the net b4 he just come and say nice goal... which it was KJ hit the ball well man no need to try to put down the man effort so talking bout converted defender and all that all am say that eh call for it was a nice goals thats all...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 03:25:58 PM by Trinidogg »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 27, 2009, 03:30:37 PM »

the way i ment is how he keep complainin bout its a fluke goal and kj lucky... he talking like kj had he head down close he eyes and pray the ball roll into the net b4 he just come and say nice goal...

You's ah kinda cacahole or what fella? Apparently yuh not only can't spell... but yuh can't read either.

If I so wanted to "discredit" KJ I wouldn't bother defending him as I did after the last WC qualifying game against the US.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 27, 2009, 03:34:20 PM »

the way i ment is how he keep complainin bout its a fluke goal and kj lucky... he talking like kj had he head down close he eyes and pray the ball roll into the net b4 he just come and say nice goal...

You's ah kinda cacahole or what fella? Apparently yuh not only can't spell... but yuh can't read either.

If I so wanted to "discredit" KJ I wouldn't bother defending him as I did after the last WC qualifying game against the US.
Big man gotta come with all kinda names to make ya self feel good eh check nah i eh trying to argue with you over this shit bro... and i eh know what u been doing over no WC game i talking bout what you said today eh and bout the spelling thing kid i just write however i feel on here i currently go brooklyn college and a great writer. its  part of my major actually but say what catch feelings all you want i just making a point...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 27, 2009, 03:53:08 PM »

Big man gotta come with all kinda names to make ya self feel good eh check nah i eh trying to argue with you over this shit bro... and i eh know what u been doing over no WC game i talking bout what you said today eh and bout the spelling thing kid i just write however i feel on here i currently go brooklyn college and a great writer. its  part of my major actually but say what catch feelings all you want i just making a point...

How you talking about "what I said today" when you clearly can't even read for comprehension what I said?  Where did I say the goal was a fluke goal? Where did I say anybody call KJ a clinical striker?  I said the way ppl acting is "as though" he's a clinical striker.

Nobody ent ask yuh and nobody ent care about what and what school yuh going to, dat shit really ent saying nutten.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 27, 2009, 03:57:43 PM »

How you talking about "what I said today" when you clearly can't even read for comprehension what I said?  Where did I say the goal was a fluke goal? Where did I say anybody call KJ a clinical striker?  I said the way ppl acting is "as though" he's a clinical striker.

Nobody ent ask yuh and nobody ent care about what and what school yuh going to, dat shit really ent saying nutten.
It says alot when ignorant reply's like yours passing through trying to judge ppl you don't know... and if you was good at comprehension your self you will realize luck and fluke have similar meaning bright man... and aye if it will make you feel better nobody on here acting* like if KJ a clinical striker we just giving him props...
 :rotfl: anyway man look i have no prob with you or none yo you a long time member, really not trying to get on nobody bad side see you done wanna call man names and shit, but I not bout that yo but may god bless you and your ignorant attitude you trying to put down when man just making a simple point...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 04:05:27 PM by Trinidogg »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 27, 2009, 04:46:36 PM »
I guess not everybody is a baller.
When yuh at the top of the box, yuh know where the goal is, and yuh know where the keeper is without lookin up.
I remember this was already ingrained by form 4, so it have nothing to do with most lethal finishers.

Oh yeh big up KJ!!  I still sellin yuh ass from my FF side tho.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 27, 2009, 05:09:24 PM »

That's all fine and good except we not talking about one of the "better strikers" here... in case yuh didn't notice.  As for training and all of that.... Kenwyne is a converted defender still learning the position, so rewind that and come again.  The way allyuh men acting is as though Kenwyne is this clinical finisher... which he isn't.

When he start doing that a bit more consistently then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say "he knew exactly what he was doing".
Nah man.

I hear dem breaking all over deyself... dem saying so don't mean it's so.  The man put forth ah decent effort and it went in.  To say it was "well-taken" to me says that he put it EXACTLY where he wanted to.... that he knew exactly where Hennessy was and deliberately put it just beyond his reach.  The man get lucky that it was just beyond Hennessy reach and still inside the post, not sure why it so hard fuh man to admit that.  It's not like ah saying it was a 'fluke' goal... but a little bit of luck was a factor.

...btw, not sure who the moderator is that keeps merging these threads, but this is real shit.  The original thread was to discuss the Sunderland game, the Trinis in Action thread is to follow the exploits of all the foreign-based SocaWarriors... it should be kept for that purpose, post score and match updates only.

I don't think you are giving credit where it is due.

The fact is, as much crap as we give KJ, he is a Premier League striker who Tottenham was willing to pay 15mil for and who is generally held in high regard by people with more experience and knowledge than us (that includes the commentators).

As good as it was, many players can score that goal that he did and it is not a skill reserved for only elite level players. Calling it luck probably has more to do with how lowly you rate KJ.
TnT Patriot

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 27, 2009, 06:20:15 PM »
well done kid
play yuh fitball
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 27, 2009, 06:38:34 PM »
I don't think you are giving credit where it is due.

The fact is, as much crap as we give KJ, he is a Premier League striker who Tottenham was willing to pay 15mil for and who is generally held in high regard by people with more experience and knowledge than us (that includes the commentators).

As good as it was, many players can score that goal that he did and it is not a skill reserved for only elite level players. Calling it luck probably has more to do with how lowly you rate KJ.

Has nutten to do with me rating him high or low... and everything to do with the lack of pace on the shot and the fact that had the shot not caught Hennessy leaning on his left foot, he... like any EPL goalie would have easily gotten to the ball.  The fact he was leaning the wrong way and still got within inches of it kinda points to the fact that he had as much to do with the goal scoring as Kenwyne did.

But maybe KJ instinctively knew he would ketch Hennessy wrong-footed... or better yet, maybe he planned that.  But me eh no baller so I dunno.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 06:41:04 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 28, 2009, 05:42:46 AM »

Watch all the better strikers, they don't have to look up to score no goal.  They know exactly where they are on the field and angles keepers will be at, is not just so men does become strikers. Strikers are trained to not raise their head and finish.

Thank you elan, you saved me from having to write the exact same thing.  Like elan said, strikers know exactly where the post is, and if you ever played football, you'll know how much of an exact thing striking the ball is- you don't strike from that distance into the corner by luck. It was the decent amount of pace and the placement that beat the keeper, by the time he saw it coming from past his defenders late he couldn't react and move fast enough to reach it because of the precise closeness to the post Kenwyne placed it at.  When you hit a with that accuracy to the post, there's always a chance of scoring against the keeper- if you claim it was because the keeper got caught flat footed, you still can't write off the man's goal as luck- it's more him having the skill to take advantage of the keeper's slight slip up. There's no  way you call that luck, luck is a goal going in off your backside.

For numerous reasons I believe,many people on here seem to want things to go bad with Kenwyne and get a thrill out of that, wanting him to be "put in his place", and when that doesn't happen some people seem annoyed. Some reasons: him not scoring for us causes jealousy when he scores for Sunderland(a team that, though not close to the best, can actually create scoring chances for him in a match without primarily relying on lucky defensive mistakes ala T&T NT) , some people finding that he's some black boy from Trinidad who doesn't deserve all the money and recognition he's getting and wonder why he made it and not them/ some player they like/d, and grind with envy because of this.  It's not unique to here though, plenty people all over get a thrill out of habitually putting down others, guess it makes them feel bigger in a small minded small-man kind of way.

Many of you underestimate the hard work and skill that goes into anyone making it in the EPL, and the toughness and ability to perform under pressure, that Kenwyne has(and has shown) and many(prob. most) of our other players don't have, despite the many aspects of his game he has to work on and really appears to be doing because of the improvement this season.

Saw someone else say he must be reading the forums and that's why he hit that strike- he doesn't give a crap about everyone on here, and rightly so with the jealous dislike that fuels many people on here comments, rather than unbiased critiquing. There's a big difference between the two- the former breaks you down rather than helping you.

Happy to see Daryl Roberts scored. Props brudder!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 06:10:46 AM by Peter »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 28, 2009, 07:04:03 AM »
Darryl Roberts' penalty (Denizlispor vs Manisaspor) (at 4:37)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eTwYDAWCTfY#t=4m37s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eTwYDAWCTfY#t=4m37s</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 28, 2009, 09:08:29 AM »
Roberts penalty was high-pressure too, down a goal with 7 mins to go.
Well done Roberts!  Put some pressure on de lewd midget :)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 28, 2009, 12:20:35 PM »
Thank you elan, you saved me from having to write the exact same thing.  Like elan said, strikers know exactly where the post is, and if you ever played football, you'll know how much of an exact thing striking the ball is- you don't strike from that distance into the corner by luck. It was the decent amount of pace and the placement that beat the keeper, by the time he saw it coming from past his defenders late he couldn't react and move fast enough to reach it because of the precise closeness to the post Kenwyne placed it at. 

Pace?  The ball chipped off the pitch 4 times before it even reached the goal mouth.

When you hit a with that accuracy to the post, there's always a chance of scoring against the keeper- if you claim it was because the keeper got caught flat footed, you still can't write off the man's goal as luck- it's more him having the skill to take advantage of the keeper's slight slip up. There's no  way you call that luck, luck is a goal going in off your backside.

How did he know of "the keeper's slip up" if he wasn't even looking up at the keeper to see what he was doing?  That is my point...  the placelment and 'pace' of the strike aside he had no idea what the keeper was doing... he did his best to put the ball on goal and in a spot where he thought the keeper might have trouble reaching it, I can fully agree with that.  But he had no control over the fact that Hennessy was leaning the wrong way and if not for that likely would have reached the ball... that's the element of luck I'm talking about.

For numerous reasons I believe,many people on here seem to want things to go bad with Kenwyne and get a thrill out of that, wanting him to be "put in his place", and when that doesn't happen some people seem annoyed. Some reasons: him not scoring for us causes jealousy when he scores for Sunderland(a team that, though not close to the best, can actually create scoring chances for him in a match without primarily relying on lucky defensive mistakes ala T&T NT) , some people finding that he's some black boy from Trinidad who doesn't deserve all the money and recognition he's getting and wonder why he made it and not them/ some player they like/d, and grind with envy because of this.  It's not unique to here though, plenty people all over get a thrill out of habitually putting down others, guess it makes them feel bigger in a small minded small-man kind of way.

Many of you underestimate the hard work and skill that goes into anyone making it in the EPL, and the toughness and ability to perform under pressure, that Kenwyne has(and has shown) and many(prob. most) of our other players don't have, despite the many aspects of his game he has to work on and really appears to be doing because of the improvement this season.

Saw someone else say he must be reading the forums and that's why he hit that strike- he doesn't give a crap about everyone on here, and rightly so with the jealous dislike that fuels many people on here comments, rather than unbiased critiquing. There's a big difference between the two- the former breaks you down rather than helping you.

Happy to see Daryl Roberts scored. Props brudder!

You's ah next tun tun or what?  How do you go from seeing me say
Keeper shoulda have dat... weak goal but we go take it, beggars cyah be choosers
to lumping me in with "people on here" who want things to go bad with Kenwyne and vex when they don't?  If yuh had any kinda sense the bolded parts woulda make yuh realize that I was actually rooting fuh de man.  Anyways I stand by my opinion and will leave off the talk at that.  I won't even bother addressing the rest of that nonsense yuh type about "jealousy" or what not.  You haven't been on this forum long enough to try and discern what motivates the comments posted on here.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 12:22:43 PM by Bake n Shark »

1]; } ?>