April 16, 2024, 02:59:07 AM

Author Topic: Warriors MUST Tackle well..  (Read 1987 times)

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
Warriors MUST Tackle well..
« on: October 11, 2005, 12:23:51 PM »
I think Mexico is disrupted with physical play.  The US is physical with them and so too was Jamaica in the Gold Cup.  Once the fellas are disciplined but committed in their tackling and don't dive in, that could help contain the Mexican passing game.  They seemed very intimidated by the physical play of the jamaicans. 

I might get pong for this but, if we can have an aggressive performance like the JA squad - but disciplined - we will do well...WE CANNOT BACK DOWN -- GO GET THE 3pts..!
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors MUST Tackle well..
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 12:29:12 PM »
Not a bad idea just no wild man tackle to get carded for, but no wide open space and time to control and lick a ice cream cone and then make up yuh mind who to past too that is all.  Stay on them and close dem down quick and we will be good to go. And once we win the ball get it to Latas and move yuh arse up to support him and Stern and we scoring easy easy.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 12:31:17 PM »
Breathless Tackling Needed.. Like wha Sancho does do!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 12:33:27 PM »
   Yeah I go real miss Sancho for his skill, remember last year when we lost 3-1 he was our best defender by far.

Jason.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 12:34:32 PM »

I might get pong for this but, if we can have an aggressive performance like the JA squad - but disciplined - we will do well...WE CANNOT BACK DOWN -- GO GET THE 3pts..!

Nah you're correct...that physical aggression has often been the difference between us and Jamaica......There were times when we had better skilled players and they were able to contain us just by being tougher...plain talk eh no bad manners...........aggresssion & discipline/focus for 90 mins.....extremely important tomorrow
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 12:36:15 PM »
I remember Lawrence and Elcock puttin in some miracle tackles when we beat dem in WCQ for 2002.  I think they even tackle each other.  Who had injure who again?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 12:38:56 PM »
I remember Lawrence and Elcock puttin in some miracle tackles when we beat dem in WCQ for 2002.  I think they even tackle each other.  Who had injure who again?

Was Shurland David who get injured skating een to Ince, Hernandez and Elcock I think.... 4 way smash up as I recall
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 01:04:49 PM »
I think is the poor tackling that lost us teh game vs. CR.  Technically we were better and controlled the play for large portions of the game...but look at the goals...

1-0
a) Spann jes chook a leg when the CR winger had just won possession near MIDFIELD
b) He run at Cox and poor positioning, have him twist up to this day!
c) the CR player send a harmless ball into the box and Andrews again just chook a leg to clear and clear it into the forward...that is time for a game clearance ..ball outta de box and forward on his arse!!!!!

2-0
Senseless tackle on top of the box..free kick .. goal..

Mental toughness and a commitment to strong tackling and presssure on the ball...do not hang back give them space because THEY WILL pick that defense apart..
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 05:32:59 PM »
1/2 agree.. Point 1 agreed , but ththe second goal from the freekick, should not have been a freekick in the first place, the man never touch the player..

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005, 07:07:51 PM »
agree but...don't only tackle them.

sometimes a "technical" elbow can come very handy.
& don't forget to accidentally step on their feet once in a while.
All big names do this, in my country van Basten,van Nistelrooy,Bergkamp were quite good at it and remember Koeman fixing cascoines nose ?, ok you don't need to go that far.BUT IF YOU DO IT THEN DO IT LIKE A PRO.
absolutely permitted when you do it smart, fast and nobody's looking and when there is this much at stake.Let them feel they are playing true WARRIORS
come on and FIGHT and be a CHUPACABRA :devil:, let them feel there is no gain in showing off.

''football is war''  ...the General aka Rinus Michels ( trianer of dutch 1974 & 1988 team)

btw: it's ok for me if some people find this post 'not done', I used to be naive myself, but if you really play or have played football you know what I'm talking.. got many many kicks myself especially them farmers town kids always 2 heads bigger Koeman type's pff...
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2005, 07:11:51 PM »
Dutchman... well said..
I am sure if the tables were turned they would not even think twice about doing it....
Chupcabra... LOL :rotfl:

Offline truthseeker

• Sr. Warrior
  • Goal in yuh rucc**tunse
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2005, 08:17:59 PM »
The mexicans do tend to fold up when played physically but we do not need to look further than how we played them the last time, when we sneak a 1-0.

We deny them space and time on the bal. We tackled without giving up fouls  near to our goal and if they were a bit upended by our speed.

I backing TnT until i die!!!

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2005, 10:26:46 PM »
      All yuh remember the days when Shurland David was playing for T&T and almost EVERY TIME he play against Mexico he used to get a red card and that was all she wrote for us then. That is when we used to get 4 and 6 and thing from them.

Remember when in 2001 we needed to beat Mexico at home to stay alive for the WC 2002 (because we had lost 1-0 and 3-0 to JA and CR and Mexico was our 3rd game) and we were beating them at home in T'dad until Mr. Angus Eve retaliated to a spit or cuff or something and got a red card and in the end we drew that game 1-1!??! That was another game we should have beaten Mexico. Let we pray that no one get no damn red card and that Andrews eh do nothing like he did in the 2nd minute against Mexico last year in the 3-1 licking...

Warriors forever.

J.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

1]; } ?>