July 27, 2024, 03:01:15 AM

Author Topic: AUSSIES HIT JAMAICA 5!  (Read 6517 times)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: AUSSIES HIT JAMAICA 5!
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2005, 03:19:57 PM »
Quote from: Reggaefan on Today at 12:19:26 PM
CONCACAF could well lose the half spot in the near future...or they could end up facing off with the CONMEBOL team

RF, what does this statement have to do with JA losing to Aus?

If you cant see the co-realtion then I dont think I'll be able to explain it boss. During the JA/Aus game the English commentator stated that Ocenia should at least be playing the 5th place CONCACAF team, and ASIA should play off with CONMEBOL 5th.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 03:27:02 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2005, 03:25:59 PM »

This result & performance by Jamaica reminds me of when we played Scotland in Scotland.  We lost 3-0 and the Scottish commentators were LAUGHING AT US! 

Yeah boy palos, ah know how dat one feel! dem was calling we ah "sunday morning pick up side who couldnt string two or more passes together"! dat game real hurt me.

the score was actually 4-1 and we were down 4-0 after the first 45 minutes!

I understand how RF feels cause this cannot be a true representation of how JA really plays!

Put it this way...last game Jamaica played Australia, game ended 2-1. This was about a year ago in London. Either Australia really improved under this new coach, or Jamaica really not making progress. Its a bad result for CONCACAF too, as I'm sure the Aussies feel they should at least have one automatic spot, while we have all of 4 possible berths.  The English commentaor keep referring to teh fact that Australia cuold be uot to prove a pointto FIFA that Oceiani deserved at least one automatic spot.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2005, 04:33:51 PM »
Put it this way...last game Jamaica played Australia, game ended 2-1. This was about a year ago in London. Either Australia really improved under this new coach, or Jamaica really not making progress. Its a bad result for CONCACAF too, as I'm sure the Aussies feel they should at least have one automatic spot, while we have all of 4 possible berths.  The English commentaor keep referring to teh fact that Australia cuold be uot to prove a pointto FIFA that Oceiani deserved at least one automatic spot.

Yuh see how u does make it hard to support u even when u down? 

IF Jamaica were in the Hex....and this result occured, you MAY have had a point.  Seeing that Jamaica is NOT IN THE HEX, your statement in bold above has no merit whatsoever.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 04:36:57 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2005, 04:47:38 PM »
eh yu dumb c**t I own a T&T Passport Not because I was raised in JA dat makes me a Jamaican.. I could tell from yu statement yu a newcommer to this board..  also if T&T dont use there fareign base players who de f**k they will use..Yu pushing up yu dutty mouth and yu aint know sh*t .. How many locals based T&T used against Panama?.. allyuh fellass does really get mi angry somtimes..when all yuh come and talk sh&t like a dat a feal fi slap yu rass thru mi keyboard.. Go wash yu mouth wid some toilet detrgent before talking to mi ok..who yu rather see T&T play innah warm up?.. St Vincent ..bermuda ..
warmonga..
Warmonga like all the war do some serious mental damage too you.
 :flamethrower: for you
You are the newcomer to the board. Let me tell you how things does work everybody post there views if you dont agree with there views to bad or you express that in a decent and respectable way. Don't be cuss out nobody.
You are a sore :loser:, because Jamaica ain't make it to the final stage and have to rely on friendlies so they can get some international play.but they looking more like whipping boy where strikers can pad there stats on.
So warmonga take it easy nah. because i am not like oconnorg, so watch how u repling
Troy  8)
my yute man a big man mi na deal wid no impse!!! gwan go hold a hole and crawl up innah it..
warmonga...
Black Lives Matter..

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2005, 05:04:00 PM »
Ocenia could never get that automatic berth, fifa gave it to them and then took it away, they probly relised what a mistake it was. Ocenia really only has 1 team so it would be like giving Australia a automatic place in every world cup. none of those small islands could compete not even New Zealand. but Austalia are now gonna be in AFC for the next world cup. so its unlikly that they will take our fourth place. and it would be even better now if we had to play off wid Ocenia in future world cups, id rather play the solomon islands or new zealand than, bahrain and dem.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2005, 05:17:09 PM »
Put it this way...last game Jamaica played Australia, game ended 2-1. This was about a year ago in London. Either Australia really improved under this new coach, or Jamaica really not making progress. Its a bad result for CONCACAF too, as I'm sure the Aussies feel they should at least have one automatic spot, while we have all of 4 possible berths.  The English commentaor keep referring to teh fact that Australia cuold be uot to prove a pointto FIFA that Oceiani deserved at least one automatic spot.

Yuh see how u does make it hard to support u even when u down?

IF Jamaica were in the Hex....and this result occured, you MAY have had a point.  Seeing that Jamaica is NOT IN THE HEX, your statement in bold above has no merit whatsoever.

RF may have a valid point. Is a matter of conjecture so it have no right and wrong..just my opinion. FIFA is about money and politics and I for one do not understand de politics of football. Jamaica may not be in the Hex, but that may not be FIFA's only criteria for making these judgements. Suppose FIFA also takes their own ranking system into account. If TnT qualify for the WC, Australia can argue that they should play the 4th place Concacaf instead of 5th place Comnebol, or even have direct entry into the WC since they easily beat JA who is ranked higher than TnT by FIFA. Right or wrong, that is the argument they will make...and only a naive man will bet how FIFA would decide. Remember FIFA gave Oceania ah automatic birth, only to change their mind all kinda madness. So who knows man. But if Jamaica had beat Australia, dere would be little ammunition for them to make a case.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 05:18:42 PM by Filho »

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2005, 06:53:18 PM »
I hear what allyuh sayin, but to use a friendly against Jamaica wouldnt mean anything,we could just as easily say mexico beat the world champions in the confed cup so we deserve to keep the play off. and the rankings dont really mean much. maybe if concacaf teams peformed badly in Germany then it may show us as a weak confed. but concacaf always does well since i can remember.but now for future WC it doesnt matter as the Aussies r in asian Zone i think fifa just have to officially aprove it at the end of the year. Australia know they have a better chance of qualifyin throu there.and with austrailia out of OFC i dont think they will get that automatic place. athough the president of fifa said the idea is to have teams from every corner of the earth playin in the world cup so u never know. but if u ask me i think ofc should be joint with afc because the ofc only has like 12 teams and apart from australia they r all weak. it really wouldnt be nice to see the solomon islands take on brazil in the opening game of a world cup. ronaldo would win the golden boot there and then ;D
« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 07:05:41 PM by pioneertrini »

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2005, 07:18:37 PM »
I hear what allyuh sayin, but to use a friendly against Jamaica wouldnt mean anything,we could just as easily say mexico beat the world champions in the confed cup so we deserve to keep the play off. and the rankings dont really mean much. maybe if concacaf teams peformed badly in Germany then it may show us as a weak confed. but concacaf always does well since i can remember.but now for future WC it doesnt matter as the Aussies r in asian Zone i think fifa just have to officially aprove it at the end of the year. Australia know they have a better chance of qualifyin throu there.and with austrailia out of OFC i dont think they will get that automatic place. athough the president of fifa said the idea is to have teams from every corner of the earth playin in the world cup so u never know. but if u ask me i think ofc should be joint with afc because the ofc only has like 12 teams and apart from australia they r all weak. it really wouldnt be nice to see the solomon islands take on brazil in the opening game of a world cup. ronaldo would win the golden boot there and then ;D

You shouldnt take my comment regarding FIFA taking the 4th half spot to literally. I'm just putting it out there based on what the English commentators were saying duringh the game. I'm of teh impression that the 4th half spot is not sure to be with CONCACAF forever. Afterall as one poster said below, FIFA originally fave Oceania an automatic spot, only yo go back on their decisions.  Sure we do need the half spot, especially the likes of Trinidad and Jamaica, but Fifa can withdraw it if they see fit. I think Jack was instrumental in us being given that half spot in the first place.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2005, 07:24:23 PM »
pioneer, I diggin your last 2 lines of comment, but what I notice is that last world cup I was down on Africa for getting 5 spots.  Anybody before last world cup felt that Africa deserved 5 spots? But I guess hte lil world cup experience help to raise the level of the whole federation.  Maybe the reason why Mexico beatin up on all ah we, is b/c enough of we never really make it to the world cup and had the kinda exposure, incentive to improve, ewtc. that world cup qualification brings.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2005, 08:19:29 PM »
yeh what both u guys sayin is true. but i did feel 5 CAF spots was just about fair for 2002 in relation to them having strong teams and 50 or so members, but then again when u see the big teams like cameroon, nigeria, south africa, morocco, tunisia, senegal (last time round) qualify without much difficulty then it should be more competitive. but this years qualifyin has just changed all that and now we see 4 new commers from africa qualify. If we was to loose the 4th place i would think asia may well get a 5th automatic berth as they have alot of members, it is the most populous region in the world and there are som good teams comming through kuwait,jordan, uae, north korea have improved from what ive seen and iraq i think will become one of the top teams if the country settles. but to me asia is the only ones that could get our .5 spot. so maybe i was a lil wrong in tinkin we would always have it  :( so our play off wid asia may be carrying alot more weight than fifa would have us know. i would like to see europe striped of 1 more place for 2010. there africa might have 6 teams south africa as hosts  :-\

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2005, 10:59:58 PM »
CONCACAF could well lose the half spot in the near future...or they could end up facing off with the CONMEBOL team

If you cant see the co-realtion then I dont think I'll be able to explain it boss. During the JA/Aus game the English commentator stated that Ocenia should at least be playing the 5th place CONCACAF team, and ASIA should play off with CONMEBOL 5th.

You shouldnt take my comment regarding FIFA taking the 4th half spot to literally. I'm just putting it out there based on what the English commentators were saying duringh the game. I'm of teh impression that the 4th half spot is not sure to be with CONCACAF forever.

So basically your correlation is "becuz de English commentator say so"?????? 
My bad, I thought you had something better than that.

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2005, 02:15:16 AM »
just coming back on the friendly matches.
Would be real stupid to do those down there.
Just do like the aussies did a few weeks ago, come down to Holland with your team and play here for 2 weeks or so against the nice non-prof. teams. Ijselmeervogels and AFC Amsterdam or so.
It's just like Germany down here, and less then a hour flight from London.
Nice fields and I bet that these amatures will play no kick and rush and try to do their best.
I'll then be posting the progress, if I get a change to see a match ;)

To the FIfa postition sure take another place from Europe, we don't need it down here.
Europe has to many places anyway. I rather see South Korea beat Italy then another Holland-Belgium.
And please kick out countries like Andorra, give them a ban for 15 years or so every time they kick, slam, hit or spit players like van Nistelrooy especially when the ball is not around !. They are such nasty amatures, they know the only way for them to draw is to get as nasty as possible and see if they can upset as many star players possible who do have other obligations to clubs.
Its just ridiculous what they do.
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2005, 04:23:47 AM »

You shouldnt take my comment regarding FIFA taking the 4th half spot to literally. I'm just putting it out there based on what the English commentators were saying duringh the game. I'm of teh impression that the 4th half spot is not sure to be with CONCACAF forever.

So basically your correlation is "becuz de English commentator say so"?????? 
My bad, I thought you had something better than that.

Peong...where are you getting at with this? It doesnt matter who say what, FIFA decides what happens. Man entitled to air their feelings ent? I'm saying CONCACAF may well lose that 4th half spot down the road, or possibly play off with CONMEBOL! I've said it on many occasions before, and others have said it before now too. where have you been.  ??? I'm saying CONMEBOL may well get 5 automatic spots instead of the four they currently have! consider this scenario. Let us say Australia beat the 5th place CONMEBOL team, and Tri/Guate beat the Asian team in the play-offs. both CONMEBOL and CONCACAF would end up sending 4 teams to the world cup. Many will tell you that CONMEBOL deserves to have at least 2 more teams there that CONCACAF, which is a relatively smaller region, with less quality I'd say.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 04:31:59 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2005, 06:31:41 AM »
One and all have no fear.

Uncle Jack in his interview say next time Concacaf going and have 4 spots instead of 3.5

Australia going Asia group and they going and change up the qualifying process.

Doe worry about no South American team or fifth place nuttin.

Concacaf gettin 4 spots next WCQ........UNcle Jack say so.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2005, 06:50:38 AM »
One and all have no fear.

Uncle Jack in his interview say next time Concacaf going and have 4 spots instead of 3.5

Australia going Asia group and they going and change up the qualifying process.

Doe worry about no South American team or fifth place nuttin.

Concacaf gettin 4 spots next WCQ........UNcle Jack say so.

4 automatic spots? that would be rel good and hopefully one day we will see Trinidad and Jamaica at a world cup together. i wonder how much uncle jack pay them for the extra .5 spot ;) but if we get 4 then CONMEBOL for sure will have 5. but somehow i cant see fifa voting on us having 4, look how hard asia had to fight to get more spots in the past.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2005, 06:54:17 AM »
Many will tell you that CONMEBOL deserves to have at least 2 more teams there that CONCACAF, which is a relatively smaller region, with less quality I'd say.

CONMEBOL's problem will always be size. They are actually the federation with the fewest members. That is why they are the only federation with just one long round robin series.

Other federation's cannot argue with Concacaf because we have better results than Africa (who have provided one 1/4 finalist quite back in 1990) and over the long-run better than Asia (who only had two hosting teams do well in 2002) as well. Barring a really poor showing over the  next two tournaments we will keep our 3.5 places.

Two things count a lot more than strength of competition, one is the number of voting members obviously. The man who imps Asia or Africa will be out of a job next election and CONMEBOL doesn't have that kind of power.

The second is the confederation's ability to bring in money. Europe brings in the most money so FIFA will not cut their 14 places. South America just cannot compare and so they are in a bad position all around.

After this tournament Africa will continue to bawl for more places because Cameroon, Nigeria, Egypt miss out. It wouldn't make sense to give it to them because the only federation to lose now is Europe and with less European money everybody loses out, remember the profits benefit everybody.

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2005, 11:45:10 PM »
Whoever interested in downloading and viewing de game dat could very well cause CONCACAF to lose it's .5 spot.

You have to have a torrent client like BitComet.

Aussies vs Yardies
9th Oct Int Friendly Xvid
http://www.mininova.org/tor/127259

1]; } ?>