March 28, 2024, 07:37:12 PM

Author Topic: Return of the Mack  (Read 2651 times)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Return of the Mack
« on: September 26, 2009, 06:49:17 PM »
W Connection resurrects ‘Strike Squad’ member Leonson Lewis

From TTproleague.com

Former Trinidad and Tobago and W Connection striker and current youth coach at the club Leonson Lewis will suit up for the Reserves on Thursday against St Ann’s Rangers from 9am at the Ato Boldom Stadium.

Leonson Lewis registered this week under the request of the club’s management as the Reserves are currently suffering a shortage of players with Shahdon Winchester, Brandon Neptune, Dwayne Edwards, Anthony Paris and Wesley John rejoining their schools, Aubrey David and Andre Marchan currently with the T&T U20’s in Egypt for the U20 World Cup, Al Muhammad and Andre Ettienne sidelined and other reserves among the Seniors currently on CONCACAF Champions’ League duty in Guatemala on Wednesday night and then in Mexico.

“It’s a matter of helping out the situation at the moment,” said the famous “Strike Squad” star. “I am not in best condition at the moment, so I will most likely take up a role up front where I am most comfortable.”

Lewis who is currently nursing a slight knee injury holds a magnificent record of 21 goals in 32 appearances for Trinidad and Tobago. He will wear the number 24 shirt which is ironically the flipside of his age.

The 42 yearold Lewis last played professional in 2002-2003 with Connection before shifting to coaching at the club in 2000.

He is a popularly known for his performances in Portugal with clubs União de Lamas (2000-2002), Estrela da Amadora (1998-2000), Boavista (1996-1998), Felgueiras (1994-1996) and Académica de Coimbra (1990-1994). He also played professionally with Jamaican club Port Morant United, Desportivo Chaves and former local club of W Connection senior team coaches Stuart Charles Fevrier and Brian Williams, Trintoc.

Leonson is also likely feature for Reserves in next week’s clash against San Juan Jabloteh. Connection are currently third on the Reserve League standings with 28 points(15 games), United Petrotrin second with 29(14 games) and Bmobile Joe Public at the top with 41 poinst(16 games).

Coach Brian Williams who didn’t travel with the Seniors on CONCACAF duties will be in charge of the Reserves. He has a limited squad with Leonson, Kerron Smith, Joevin Jones, Kemuel Rivers, Kerron Cummings, Isaiah Smith, Jeremy Williams, Alusine Bangura, Bevon Bass, Stanley Touze, (newly signed) Vurlon Mills from United Petrotrin. Devon Drayton, senior team goalkeeper Miguel Lloyd and Kelvin Modeste are also available for selection.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Mack
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 05:28:50 AM »
W Connection resurrects ‘Strike Squad’ member Leonson Lewis

From TTproleague.com

The 42 yearold Lewis last played professional in 2002-2003 with Connection before shifting to coaching at the club in 2000.

??? ??? ???
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 12:38:30 PM »
dem man en serious nah  ;D
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 02:10:21 PM »
grandpa mack.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 02:19:50 PM »
I hear Jabloteh in negotiations with Earl Carter
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 02:35:58 PM »

:devil:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 07:55:20 PM »

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 08:17:37 PM »
if Latas could call up Chubby, who is dese fellas :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 08:37:43 PM »
So why he wait til we eh have no chance in de Hex to do dis now?  ::)
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 08:43:43 PM »
So why he wait til we eh have no chance in de Hex to do dis now?  ::)

Cosignnnnnnnnnnnnn
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2009, 09:25:55 PM »
Allyuh laughing but I eh want to be the keeper have to face a Lewis bullet. On a next level look how far W Connection have to stretch to put together a viable CCL side.  If they little gambit payoff good for them

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2009, 11:22:54 PM »
Allyuh laughing but I eh want to be the keeper have to face a Lewis bullet. On a next level look how far W Connection have to stretch to put together a viable CCL side.  If they little gambit payoff good for them

Yeah but what does it say bout we football if LL makin a return. As Brown say leh meh watch meh 06 videos. Dem go b d old time days just now.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2009, 11:40:55 PM »

Yeah but what does it say bout we football if LL makin a return. As Brown say leh meh watch meh 06 videos. Dem go b d old time days just now.

It eh saying much atall. I don't understand how players leaving W Connection to run intercol...lawd-oh! Anyway I don't the whole story so lemme not judge.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2009, 11:46:44 PM »

It eh saying much atall. I don't understand how players leaving W Connection to run intercol...lawd-oh! Anyway I don't the whole story so lemme not judge.

It have more in d mortar... We eh ready yet as a people iz all I go say.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2009, 12:56:12 AM »

It hardly have girls at ah PFL games yuh think it have any at ah PFL reserve game?

While they in intercol other fellas playing professional football. Nothing wrong with that unless they plan on playing professional afterwards. If so they WAY behind.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 06:51:39 AM »
Leonson only score 21 goals for the national side? It feel like much more than that...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

1]; } ?>