April 29, 2024, 10:20:26 AM

Author Topic: John Barnes visits Digicel Kick start Clinics footballers at Sunderland  (Read 1711 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
JOHN BARNES VISITS DIGICEL KICK START CLINICS FOOTBALLERS AT SUNDERLAND AFC
- September, 24 2009 -
www.digicelfootball.com

Thursday, September 23rd 2009 – Sunderland, England: Former England and Liverpool legend, John Barnes, visited Sunderland’s Academy of Light on Wednesday afternoon to see how the eight Digicel Kick Start Clinics footballers that he selected to spend one week training at Sunderland were getting on.

Barnes - who manages the English Division One League side, Tranmere Rovers – met up with the footballers after their morning training session to see what progress they were making at the Academy.

John Barnes said: “While I didn’t get a chance to see the boys training, I’ve spoken to the Academy’s coach, Carlton Fairweather, who said that they have adapted well to the conditions and have settled into the training regime with ease. Overall, Sunderland is impressed with the quality of the players and they seem interested in two or three of them.

“I’m delighted with this update as I know that we have some very talented footballers here and it’s great to see that they have represented themselves well on and off the field.”

Elaborating on the subject of discipline, Barnes said it is important to send a good message to the European clubs that Caribbean footballers have got the discipline and desire to work hard and give 100% at all times. “The boys have come a long way from when I saw them in the Caribbean and they have been making the most of the experience and working very hard during their training sessions. Having the opportunity to go to a Carling Cup match and tour the Stadium of Light should also be a great motivator for them to work hard and follow their dreams of one day becoming professional footballers.”

The week-long training camp at Sunderland’s Academy of Light draws to an end on Sunday, when the boys will attend a match between Sunderland and Wolverhampton Wanderers in the Stadium of Light.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 05:43:39 AM by Trini _2014 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: John Barnes visits Digicel Kick start footballers at Sunderland
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 05:39:06 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: John Barnes visits Digicel Kick start footballers at Sunderland
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 05:43:13 AM »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: John Barnes visits Digicel Kick start Clinics footballers at Sunderland
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 08:52:43 AM »
Which on is de Trini

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 10:10:13 AM »
Which on is de Trini

De one wit de dreads in blue.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 11:48:02 AM »
Allyuh eh see how de yute sittin' across from KJ watchin' 'im like  "Yo son, you talkin maaad shit, son!" and like he ready to jump off on 'im.  ;D

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 04:07:46 PM »
Allyuh eh see how de yute sittin' across from KJ watchin' 'im like  "Yo son, you talkin maaad shit, son!" and like he ready to jump off on 'im.  ;D

more like the youth who have he eyes wide open saying to himself, but you ent even score for your country, so why yuh frontin... ;D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 05:08:20 PM »

more like the youth who have he eyes wide open saying to himself, but you ent even score for your country, so why yuh frontin... ;D

LOUD STEUPS NOV 19TH 2008 came off injury 2 score v Cuba
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 05:37:32 PM »

"How come your orange juice twice as big as mine?!"  ;D

The guy on Kenwyne's right looking like he trying to sneak a quicky...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Youngsters meet up with Jones
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 06:04:37 PM »
Youngsters meet up with Jones
safc.com

After a week of hard work on the training pitch the eight youngsters who were visiting Sunderland as part of the Digicel Kickstart Clinics had some downtime with Black Cats striker Kenwyne Jones.

The T&T star met up with the budding stars at a local restaurant with SAFC's international business development director Chris Woerts, to find out how they had enjoyed their time on Wearside.

The players were all excited to see Jones and took the opportunity to talk at length with him. Having asked him lots of questions, the boys also received sound advice from him on what it takes to become a professional player.

Jones said: "I had a good time with these young guys. I was able to share my experiences in coming out here with them - and talk them through the things you have to do in order to get to this level - and what you have to do to stay up there!"

Kenwyne, who started representing Trinidad and Tobago at the national level from the Under-15 level, gave his backing to the Digicel camp and said that he is hoping that the eight players make the very best of the opportunity they have been given.

Chris Woerts added: "Kenwyne is an ideal role model not only for the eight players - but for all people across the Caribbean.

"He was able to share valuable experiences with the boys. They certainly learned from him what it takes to be a professional player. It sounds easy but the reality is you have to do a lot of work and put in real effort.

"I would like to commend Digicel on its vision in staging these Clinics and in giving young players the opportunity to fulfil their dreams."

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>