April 27, 2024, 07:39:51 PM

Author Topic: Putting humans in dey place  (Read 22389 times)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Putting humans in dey place
« on: September 27, 2009, 04:22:40 PM »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
Re: Putting humans in dey place
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 04:53:54 PM »

WTMC .. F**K AGW

Nice one Dutty
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 05:32:37 PM »
dutty wuh happen,baby keepin yuh up late.get some sleep man.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 08:10:05 PM »
which one ah dem big tings God living on?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 11:27:27 PM »
dutty wuh happen,baby keepin yuh up late.get some sleep man.

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 12:25:27 AM »
awesome

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 09:45:28 AM »
wow... stuff like this makes me wish we could travel outside of our solar system. what's inside here isnt even giving u a fair idea of what's out there. imagine it likely have stars bigger than the largest one known. that real sick!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 10:05:55 AM »
had this link sent to me a while now, it was an excellent find...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 11:16:09 AM »
Yeah, saw this a while back... was just as awed then as I am now.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 04:50:54 PM »
wow is all i can say. dat really is beautiful and amazing
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 07:05:10 PM »
i need a star gate, if anybody say we alone in the universe they lie
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 07:19:13 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2009, 06:57:21 PM »
That made me realise that we're living in the Moruga of the Universe.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2009, 07:17:32 PM »
That made me realise that we're living in the Moruga of the Universe.
:rotfl: :rotfl:
allyuh good.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 04:50:45 AM »
Breds , yuh really need tuh stop!!! if yuh don't believe in intelligent design then fine, but don't go spreading your belief of atheism when yuh hate the said thing when someone promoting intelligent design.

you're actually just as guilty as religious folks , that's BC you promote your "beliefs" and not an exact science! the very said thing religious ppl do!

you don't take ah neutral position as to say, " yuh see me, i don't know what the fack going on, so i will refrain from having a definitive conclusion to this thing until conclusive evidence is provided", but instead you go about touting with every available opportunity, the anarchist "theory".

most of the times you post, it has something to do with championing atheism or maligning intelligent design!

i would respect you more if you took the position of an agnostic! every thing you proclaim as a belief system is based on a hypothesis propagated by an explorer and not a biologist who didn't even have the benefit of extensive knowledge of the cell, but rather limited knowledge of molecular biology.

in reality, if you was to be fair and honest with your self, you would see what you're doing is just as subjective and impulsive as the holy rollers whom you claim to despise.               
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 06:29:16 AM »
Breds , yuh really need tuh stop!!! if yuh don't believe in intelligent design then fine, but don't go spreading your belief of atheism when yuh hate the said thing when someone promoting intelligent design.

you're actually just as guilty as religious folks , that's BC you promote your "beliefs" and not an exact science! the very said thing religious ppl do!

you don't take ah neutral position as to say, " yuh see me, i don't know what the fack going on, so i will refrain from having a definitive conclusion to this thing until conclusive evidence is provided", but instead you go about touting with every available opportunity, the anarchist "theory".

most of the times you post, it has something to do with championing atheism or maligning intelligent design!

i would respect you more if you took the position of an agnostic! every thing you proclaim as a belief system is based on a hypothesis propagated by an explorer and not a biologist who didn't even have the benefit of extensive knowledge of the cell, but rather limited knowledge of molecular biology.

in reality, if you was to be fair and honest with your self, you would see what you're doing is just as subjective and impulsive as the holy rollers whom you claim to despise.               

Where my popcorn........ :rotfl: :beermug: 
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Online Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 09:54:04 AM »
So out of all the planets, why do aliens like to come to ours?
I thinkin is probably like goin to visit those primitive tribes in the Amazon or the Congo.
They must be amazed that we live so simply.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 11:00:11 AM »
So out of all the planets, why do aliens like to come to ours?
I thinkin is probably like goin to visit those primitive tribes in the Amazon or the Congo.
They must be amazed that we live so simply.

I think they come so that they could constantly be reminded of how bad things could be fuh dem... and give thanks to God that he save dem from deyself.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, 02:22:39 PM »

Stop stalling and just point it out or admit you don't know nah!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 02:27:14 PM »

ah getting ah distinct feeling ah deja vu reading this yes..

where de popcorn in truth?

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 02:58:12 PM »

been there, done that .. Where Richard Dawkins when you need him to talk about the Greatest Show on Earth

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/I-QWv_0Mjq0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/I-QWv_0Mjq0</a>
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

truetrini

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2009, 03:28:31 PM »
JC  (Jesus Christ) man...jes tell me wey yuh living....I want to visit....

Dog is de boss...oops God is de boss.

By the way Just Cool..de odder JC...where did you see me push my beleif on anyone in this post?

yuh real like too-too oui..I jes ask wey heaven was...I never see more allyuh religious nuts like to push allyuh superstition dong people throat.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 03:30:42 PM by Trinity Cross »

truetrini

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2009, 03:33:05 PM »
Leh we really put humans in dey damn place...start here!

Before Lucy came Ardi, new earliest hominid found
AP

This undated digitally rendered composite image provided by the journal Science AP – This undated digitally rendered composite image provided by the journal Science shows the foot of the …

* Earliest hominid discovered Slideshow:Earliest hominid discovered

By RANDOLPH E. SCHMID, AP Science Writer Randolph E. Schmid, Ap Science Writer – 1 hr 3 mins ago

WASHINGTON – The story of humankind is reaching back another million years as scientists learn more about "Ardi," a hominid who lived 4.4 million years ago in what is now Ethiopia. The 110-pound, 4-foot female roamed forests a million years before the famous Lucy, long studied as the earliest skeleton of a human ancestor.

This older skeleton reverses the common wisdom of human evolution, said anthropologist C. Owen Lovejoy of Kent State University.

Rather than humans evolving from an ancient chimp-like creature, the new find provides evidence that chimps and humans evolved from some long-ago common ancestor — but each evolved and changed separately along the way.

"This is not that common ancestor, but it's the closest we have ever been able to come," said Tim White, director of the Human Evolution Research Center at the University of California, Berkeley.

The lines that evolved into modern humans and living apes probably shared an ancestor 6 million to 7 million years ago, White said in a telephone interview.

But Ardi has many traits that do not appear in modern-day African apes, leading to the conclusion that the apes evolved extensively since we shared that last common ancestor.

A study of Ardi, under way since the first bones were discovered in 1994, indicates the species lived in the woodlands and could climb on all fours along tree branches, but the development of their arms and legs indicates they didn't spend much time in the trees. And they could walk upright, on two legs, when on the ground.

Formally dubbed Ardipithecus ramidus — which means root of the ground ape — the find is detailed in 11 research papers published Thursday by the journal Science.

"This is one of the most important discoveries for the study of human evolution," said David Pilbeam, curator of paleoanthropology at Harvard's Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology.

"It is relatively complete in that it preserves head, hands, feet and some critical parts in between. It represents a genus plausibly ancestral to Australopithecus — itself ancestral to our genus Homo," said Pilbeam, who was not part of the research teams.

Scientists assembled the skeleton from 125 pieces.

Lucy, also found in Africa, thrived a million years after Ardi and was of the more human-like genus Australopithecus.

"In Ardipithecus we have an unspecialized form that hasn't evolved very far in the direction of Australopithecus. So when you go from head to toe, you're seeing a mosaic creature that is neither chimpanzee, nor is it human. It is Ardipithecus," said White.

White noted that Charles Darwin, whose research in the 19th century paved the way for the science of evolution, was cautious about the last common ancestor between humans and apes.

"Darwin said we have to be really careful. The only way we're really going to know what this last common ancestor looked like is to go and find it. Well, at 4.4 million years ago we found something pretty close to it," White said. "And, just like Darwin appreciated, evolution of the ape lineages and the human lineage has been going on independently since the time those lines split, since that last common ancestor we shared."

Some details about Ardi in the collection of papers:

• Ardi was found in Ethiopia's Afar Rift, where many fossils of ancient plants and animals have been discovered. Findings near the skeleton indicate that at the time it was a wooded environment. Fossils of 29 species of birds and 20 species of small mammals were found at the site.

• Geologist Giday WoldeGabriel of Los Alamos National Laboratory was able to use volcanic layers above and below the fossil to date it to 4.4 million years ago.

• Ardi's upper canine teeth are more like the stubby ones of modern humans than the long, sharp, pointed ones of male chimpanzees and most other primates. An analysis of the tooth enamel suggests a diverse diet, including fruit and other woodland-based foods such as nuts and leaves.

• Paleoanthropologist Gen Suwa of the University of Tokyo reported that Ardi's face had a projecting muzzle, giving her an ape-like appearance. But it didn't thrust forward quite as much as the lower faces of modern African apes do. Some features of her skull, such as the ridge above the eye socket, are quite different from those of chimpanzees. The details of the bottom of the skull, where nerves and blood vessels enter the brain, indicate that Ardi's brain was positioned in a way similar to modern humans, possibly suggesting that the hominid brain may have been already poised to expand areas involving aspects of visual and spatial perception.

• Ardi's hand and wrist were a mix of primitive traits and a few new ones, but they don't include the hallmark traits of the modern tree-hanging, knuckle-walking chimps and gorillas. She had relatively short palms and fingers which were flexible, allowing her to support her body weight on her palms while moving along tree branches, but she had to be a careful climber because she lacked the anatomical features that allow modern-day African apes to swing, hang and easily move through the trees.

• The pelvis and hip show the gluteal muscles were positioned so she could walk upright.

• Her feet were rigid enough for walking but still had a grasping big toe for use in climbing.

The research was funded by the National Science Foundation, the Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics of the University of California, Los Alamos National Laboratory, the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science and others.

___

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2009, 04:25:28 PM »
Nice try TT, but only ah TOTAL MORON would take this inconclusive guessing game seriously! so called "scientist"/ physicist is yet too provide ah missing link for their theory of evolution! and it's been almost 200yrs now, while intelligent design has been gaining ground.

i know one thing, DNA and the advance knowledge of the cell has dealt darwin's theory of evolution ah serious blow and rendered it obsolete.

keep grabbing @ straws, but to no avail. remember the simplest rule in mathematic, which happens to be an exact science,= nothing from nothing leaves nothing!! yuh can't derive something from nothing!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2009, 08:09:38 PM »

been there, done that .. Where Richard Dawkins when you need him to talk about the Greatest Show on Earth

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/I-QWv_0Mjq0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/I-QWv_0Mjq0</a>
No one's disputing evolution, it's the darwinist theory that come into question. richad dawkins is an ass and is just as bad as the bible thumpers he's tyring to discredit.

why he don't talk about islam and the quran  where most of the greatest scientist of all time derive from. @ one time in our not to distant pass, men used to rush to bagdad to compare scientific ideas and develope ways to treat and cure diseases, and when europe and the west was in their dark ages, the islamic renesaunce was @ it's peak with surgeon, astronomers, biologist, and philosophers.

the ancient egyptians were believers in creation, but were so far ahead in the arts science medicine and technology. what is dawkins saying, that science and spituality can't go hand in hand ?

evolution by natrual selection is ah hoax! it was discredited with the advent of DNA and micro biology! let dawkins haul he lying muda c@nt! that facker is in much denial as the bible thumpers! BTW the earth is over 4 billion yrs old, and man is on this planet just about 30,000 yrs, and if yuh want tuh see science and spirituality go hand in hand , then get the bible quran and science by murice buccille.

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2009, 08:27:37 PM »
Nice try TT, but only ah TOTAL MORON would take this inconclusive guessing game seriously! so called "scientist"/ physicist is yet too provide ah missing link for their theory of evolution! and it's been almost 200yrs now, while intelligent design has been gaining ground.

i know one thing, DNA and the advance knowledge of the cell has dealt darwin's theory of evolution ah serious blow and rendered it obsolete.

keep grabbing @ straws, but to no avail. remember the simplest rule in mathematic, which happens to be an exact science,= nothing from nothing leaves nothing!! yuh can't derive something from nothing!

JC, can you elaborate on the underlined part of your post.

truetrini

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2009, 12:00:37 AM »
he cant, lets see who the moron is now...!  Good Dog!  oops Good God.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2009, 02:56:36 AM »

I just come in from labor so forgive the I, but i could only give ah summary.

when charles darwin was around and missleading ppl, there was no advance study of the human cell, that's BC the microscopes in those day were not powerful enough to completely study the cell. darwin talked about the cell as the first step in the development of life on the planet.

he claim that life began in the ocean, and for the cell to develop under such primitive conditions is totally impossible. the cell is extremely complex, and is loaded with proteins, now these proteins are so delicate that it must grow and develop in the right environment to ensure survival.

it's utter madness to think thatthe cell just came into being in such a harsh environment, let alone the intricate proteins that's part of the cell's make up.

as for DNA, Darwin had no idea that such ah thing existed.Darwin's theory was so simplistic and backward that he didn't bargain for such a overly complex discovery like DNA, DNA poked so many holes in Darwin's theory that some of the most prominant physicist changed and became champions of intelligent design.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2009, 05:06:16 AM »

I just come in from labor so forgive the I, but i could only give ah summary.

when charles darwin was around and missleading ppl, there was no advance study of the human cell, that's BC the microscopes in those day were not powerful enough to completely study the cell. darwin talked about the cell as the first step in the development of life on the planet.

he claim that life began in the ocean, and for the cell to develop under such primitive conditions is totally impossible. the cell is extremely complex, and is loaded with proteins, now these proteins are so delicate that it must grow and develop in the right environment to ensure survival.

it's utter madness to think thatthe cell just came into being in such a harsh environment, let alone the intricate proteins that's part of the cell's make up.

as for DNA, Darwin had no idea that such ah thing existed.Darwin's theory was so simplistic and backward that he didn't bargain for such a overly complex discovery like DNA, DNA poked so many holes in Darwin's theory that some of the most prominant physicist changed and became champions of intelligent design.

JC, there is a large class of organism called Archaea that many people believe are the oldest form of life on the planet. They resemble bacteria but are only very distantly related. Many of them are refferred to as extemeophiles because they live in all kinds of extreme conditions. One species was found in undersea hydrothermal vents living quite happily at temperatures of over 100 degrees C. Others live in extremely acidic conditions, alkaline conditions and in water that is so salty that it will kill all other organisms, such as the Red Sea.

We have countless billions of these same single-celled microscopic creatures in our very own Caroni mangrove swamps.  Many of them 'eat' sulfur and excrete methane as waste.  And very signifcantly, many can't breathe oxygen.

So it is very possible that creatures can develop and thrive in harsh environments. A lot of their ability to protect their proteins is thought to be related to the type of chemical bonds that hold their protective phosolipid cell membranes together.

Also what we consider harsh may not be. The earth used to have an atmosphere consisting of noxious (to us) gases. But the first types of plants thrived on it. They also began pumping out oxygen as a waste product. Oxygen is a powerful and reactive chemcal and as it began to fill up the atmosphere it killed out much of the life on the planet, including the plants that pushed it out in the first place. But gradually other plants adapted to oxygen intake and began to take over.

Oxygen was the original atmospheric pollutant, much more potent than all the CO2 we are producing today. But most of the life we see around us has adapted to it. The fact that a lot of creatures like archaea can't breathe oxygen and some can is very much an indicator of past adaptations.

Look no further than yourself for a great example of adaption to the harsh conditions imposed by atmospheric oxygen. When we breathe  in O2 it is not directly pass into our cells. It must transported by haemoglobin. Look at other haemoproteins like cytochrome p450 that deal with oxygen. They are structured as protein CAGES that tightly bind to and control molecular oxygen because it is such a powerful chemical. Organisms can modify themselves to deal with harsh conditions.

I'm not knocking your belief system, just presenting an oppsosing view. Far too often scientists and believers position their perspectives as contradicting one another. I have never seen a contradiction between religion and evolution, except the timeframe of events. As for intelligent design, who is to say where the start and end points are. If you look at the universe as immutable then you will also see desgn as a set process. but if you see DNA, RNA and other molecules at the core of genesis as simply a template, then why cant' a hypothetical designer have integrated randomess and probability into the equation?

As for DNA, how did that poke holes is Darwin's theory?

« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 05:29:51 AM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2009, 05:12:58 AM »
Btw here is a nice little Wikipedia summary on Archaea:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaea#Cell_structure

Another question. If the biological world is based on permanent design, how come viruses mutate in response to medication? And why has a 'cure' for AIDS constantly eluded some of the brightest minds in the world?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 05:19:06 AM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2009, 08:01:35 AM »
JC i confused as to how u saying DNA put a hole in natural selection? Especially when DNA has random mutations that sometimes end up in favourable characteristics?
Yuh need to explain what you meant cuz never in my life have i heard a biologist say natural selection was nonsense due to dna...and that was my major and research
Back in Trini...

1]; } ?>