April 28, 2024, 06:12:17 PM

Author Topic: Who from T&T go get offer a pro contract afta dis tourney dat doh already have 1  (Read 12532 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Molino, desilva, Paul need to go the the weight room. I don't want to hear about messi, and this one and that one. Them fellas need strength. They have decent skills, but they getting pushed around too much and too often. They other teams does knock them from behind and they does lose most of the balls.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
I like the looks of Paul, but he might be considered too small.

Messi & xavi both AT LEAST as small as Leston Paul if not smaller.

The sevilla winger Diego Capel is smaller than Leston Paul.

Size doh really matter AS MUCH in football dese days although it helps in some circles.

Aside from zlatan, yaya toure, henry, pique, and abidal....barca is a hobbit side.

If Leston Paul good enough...he would get a contract.  Hopefully for his sake (and T&T's), that turns out to be the case.

if yuh is ah small man and yuh want to play in the midfield, then yuh hadda have exceptional touch and vision, like them men yuh call there or a deco and modric..

I eh think Paul showing me yet that his touch is exceptional enough that it compensate for his lack of size.. He fight it today but nuff times his close control today was found wanting.

but like i said.. If a club could get that for free and hone that, then he worth a punt.

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
I say Samuel, the whole back 4, Juma Clarence and Leston Paul could all get called for trials.
If your heart is not in the game then your not a true footballer!!!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bentic and Juma .

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Bentick, Primus, Juma and Glenroy Samuel. I don't find Leston Paul do anything special.He look solid at best ad that is only in comparison to our other midfielders.

Anybody else find that Hyland do an injustice to this side? He keep losing the ball 80% of the time he in possession...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Dumplingdinho

Primus, Juma, Samuel and Adams.

primus playing like ah real boss.

my biggest concern about juma is his lazy attitude and he ha sproven over the 2 games that it is ah ting of de past, lots of talent and most importantly he is ah hungry forward.

samuel is a solid keeper with lots of potential if he can get out of trinidad, best youth keeper since marvin phillips.

adams not at his best right now but even stevie wonder could see his talent so something should happen for him.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rochford... his fighting ability/work-rate before getting injured was  phenomenal! Even tho playing as a Def Mid, he ran box to box and that's why he scored... hope he is recovered enough to play Thursday!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
well if gay and Hyland have contract...why cant some of the others???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
As good as Latas Villa didn't want him. They say they only taking him if Yorke stay and Yorkie was riding out.

That was then.  I think the mind set is a LITTLE different now.

There is a concern about the PACE & PHYSICALITY of the British Leagues.  But superior players like a Zola, a Deco, Tevez, etc have shown yuh doh have to be big and strong to be an effective player in that environment.

I neh comparin Leston Paul to dem luminaries...I jes sayin de attitude towards smaller players is different now.  While not the same type of player as Leston Paul, Walcott and Lennon is two midget.

True, not much have change ... You have to be exceptional if yuh is a small man.... The great exporters, Brazil will not draft undersized youth players into top teams because the European scouts looking for size and physical attributes.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Allya BETTER flippin say ALL
as somebody agent go come on here and say allya jeopardise their client career in Football by not calling their name :devil:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 06:59:10 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
allyuh hadda remember too that clubs eh necessarily looking for developed talent..

the fact that our for-the-most part amateur players are competing with the multi-million dollar youths out on the field has to be an eye-opener..

they might not be there yet, but a club could get a player with the raw materials basically for free as opposed to having to pay millions for a player who already has a reputation.

is not like the senior world cup when most of our players were too old to be considered.. I feel we'll see a few of them well go abroad.
Agreed.
I think the entire team performed admirably today but if Italy scouted T&T,
they had to look @ Primus & Bentik fuh weaknesses and was amazed
@ what they saw.I would prefer to see lower tier first division or second
division Italian teams showing interest in them.It is there they would learn
The True Military Science of D.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
D keeper Glenroy, good talent
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The problem with our guys is that they all want to go England. Language is guess is the great comforter. But if an italian team show any interest, they should go.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Allya BETTER flippin say ALL
as somebody agent go come on here and say allya jeopardise their client career in Football by not calling their name :devil:

:beermug: they are all talented and world will benefit from dem
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
Roberto Carlos already had a world cup medal before he went to Italy
and to paraphrase him, 'I truly learned defence when I went to play in Italy'.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
I like the looks of Paul, but he might be considered too small.

Messi & xavi both AT LEAST as small as Leston Paul if not smaller.

The sevilla winger Diego Capel is smaller than Leston Paul.

Size doh really matter AS MUCH in football dese days although it helps in some circles.

Aside from zlatan, yaya toure, henry, pique, and abidal....barca is a hobbit side.

If Leston Paul good enough...he would get a contract.  Hopefully for his sake (and T&T's), that turns out to be the case.

Yeah but they were extraordinary talents, that made such a decision very academic.  Barca took that risk on Messi (moving he and his family to Spain for treatment) because he was just too good to ignore-undersized or not.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 09:26:47 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
I still think the talent is too raw. I can't see clubs investing in a 19-year old footballer with poor ball control. If they are small the club's weight room and training programme can take care of that. Tactics can also be fairly quickly trained, but to teach a man to "trap" and kick at age 19 not making sense.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Primus,Bentic,Clarence and Paul.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Ah like Primus, Bentick, Samuel, Juma and Paul for a foreign contract.

Still waiting to see Gonzales, Williams and de others who eh play yet.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 06:21:19 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
i feel couple of them defenders like Bentick and Primus who hoofing the ball well could garner some interest from English clubs.

Maybe Paul could get a trial..

typically first division and welsh or scotish clubs like a trini hoofer

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
anyone mention whitey sean de silva?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Who from T&T go get offer a pro contract afta dis tourney dat doh already ha
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2009, 07:32:18 AM »
Ah like Primus, Bentick, Samuel, Juma and Paul for a foreign contract.

Still waiting to see Gonzales, Williams and de others who eh play yet.
Real surprised Gonzales not running. He was outstanding in the qualifying.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
ah hope dis eh too out-ta-timin eh but, who allyuh feel Latas should pull into the senior team for we last qualifier?
Ah mean he could leave dem foreign-base wid dey club and pull some youth into de team, right?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
ah hope dis eh too out-ta-timin eh but, who allyuh feel Latas should pull into the senior team for we last qualifier?
Ah mean he could leave dem foreign-base wid dey club and pull some youth into de team, right?

Jake Thompson....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Who from T&T go get offer a pro contract afta dis tourney dat doh already ha
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2009, 09:16:47 AM »
what d hell dred

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2009, 09:22:40 AM »
what d hell dred

Jah Gol, yuh shoulda do like me and ignore the comment.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
In terms of in Britain, Juma will. Minimum will be the English Championship division or a Scottish league team (but he should'nt go to Scotland if he wants to improve) Defenders are a dime a dozen in England, so it will be tough for our defenders to get contracts here. Maybe in the lower leagues. Plus there is the stereotype that a top defender from the Caribbean will be as rare a snow in July. No one else stood out for me thus far. The rest have to learn to pass the people ball properly if they want professional contracts. Just my views.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Gunnerstunner,
                       That ain't call for man. That is a Trini man you cussin' dey.Yes he chose the wrong day to have a bad game. Yes he played poorly and he probably knows that. He does not deserve those comments from us. He needs positive upliftment. In my opinion,  strength and a lot more stamina is what he, Molino and Leston need. And that goes for most senior team players also.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
is hope Glenroy Samuel gets one cuz we dont have a pro GK at all, since Jan Michael come back

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
For de UK, two words: WORK PERMIT
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>