April 26, 2024, 02:53:16 AM

Author Topic: Who from T&T go get offer a pro contract afta dis tourney dat doh already have 1  (Read 12504 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
For de UK, two words: WORK PERMIT

So how Abu Bakr get one ?

Maybe Mike Berry have a live hook up. Money talks.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
For de UK, two words: WORK PERMIT

So how Abu Bakr get one ?

Maybe Mike Berry have a live hook up. Money talks.

Ah tink Abu Bakr get he own because of his student status. Kinda like in de states, after yuh go to school, yuh could work one or two years wit an H1B visa or someting like dat.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I remember when KJ first went to Southampton he was on a student visa, but I don't think he went university.
How was that done, anybody remember?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I remember when KJ first went to Southampton he was on a student visa, but I don't think he went university.
I eh 100% sure, but ah tink dey used de Southampton Academy as ah loophole.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
Molino, desilva, Paul need to go the the weight room. I don't want to hear about messi, and this one and that one. Them fellas need strength. They have decent skills, but they getting pushed around too much and too often. They other teams does knock them from behind and they does lose most of the balls.

The entire TNT team needs a proper weight training regimen. I will beat that horse 'til it happens. We(any TnT team) will not move to the next level until and unless we have weight training as an integral part of our football training.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 12:34:53 PM by Pointman »
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
anyone mention whitey sean de silva?
why he hadda be that? yuh cyar jes call de man by he name? ::)
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I'm not exactly sure of the details either but I remember hearing that they closed that loophole too.

In terms of getting the work permit though, they may be able to get through if they can be shown to be a top young prospect. Similar to what ManU did to get Anderson's work permit because he didn't have enough caps with Brazil at the time.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Paul and Bentwick. Not yet for Juma
Hart for president

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
NONE  :(

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
well you should find out soon ,cause every Italian manager and scout was watching the game .

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I'm not exactly sure of the details either but I remember hearing that they closed that loophole too.

In terms of getting the work permit though, they may be able to get through if they can be shown to be a top young prospect. Similar to what ManU did to get Anderson's work permit because he didn't have enough caps with Brazil at the time.

Yeah I believe they close that looohole too.

They could still have an option of getting signed by a decent team and then being sent out to a feeder club in Belgium, or France like a lot of bigger teams do.  Some MLS teams also have contracts with some Championship teams.

It wouldnt surprise me if most of them get offered a contract. There is not much to lose signing these young players.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
It wouldnt surprise me if most of them get offered a contract.

Trinimassive yuh real optimistic.
Keep in mind there are 24 teams X 21 = 504 players at the tournament.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Yuh have to be optimistic yet realistic. It possible

Since yuh good at math ah have ah equation fuh yuh to figure out.

But subtract the players who from Spain, Italy, England, Germany, UZB them done have decent contracts and ent leaving for the most part.
Then subtract the about 1/2 of the Brazil players, most of Egypt, Costa Rica who have good leagues at home that pay decent and won't leave unless a good contract come along

Tell me what you get so far.

When you come up with ah number there we go talk again.

See I could make this look real optimistic  :D

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

But subtract the players who from Spain, Italy, England, Germany, UZB them done have decent contracts and ent leaving for the most part.
Then subtract the about 1/2 of the Brazil players, most of Egypt, Costa Rica who have good leagues at home that pay decent and won't leave unless a good contract come along

I waitin for the part that realistic.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I waitin for the part that realistic.

England- Prem, Championship, Div 1,
Scotland- Prem, Div 1
Portugal- Liga & Div
Netherlands-
Belgium
Russia-
Sweden-
Turkey-
France-
Germany-
Greece-
Ukraine-
Uzbekistan
USA- MLS & USL

Just to make it even more realistic ah deliberately left out the Italian and Spanish leagues

That's just 14 leagues that have or had Caribbean players currently or previously playing in the leagues that never even went a world cup. The top two divisions in each gives them 28 possibilities for contracts with approx 20 clubs in each so that's well over 400 clubs.
So what is so unrealistic for agents to market 21 players with a resume that shows many of them played in not just One youth World Cup but Two World Cups back to back and even showed marked improvement.

Now if YOU were their agent maybe they ent stand ah chance but nothing unrealistic about that at all  :beermug:

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
ummhmm...nice theory but count how many of our players get contracts after a creditable showing in 2006 when probably every other player in the tourney was a pro and that would give you a more realistic view of how many of the u-20's will get contracts.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Scotland- Prem, Div 1
Portugal- Liga & Div
Netherlands-
Belgium
Russia-
Sweden-
Turkey-
France-
Germany-
Greece-
Ukraine-
Uzbekistan
USA- MLS & USL

Just to make it even more realistic ah deliberately left out the Italian and Spanish leagues

That's just 14 leagues that have or had Caribbean players currently or previously playing in the leagues that never even went a world cup. The top two divisions in each gives them 28 possibilities for contracts with approx 20 clubs in each so that's well over 400 clubs.
So what is so unrealistic for agents to market 21 players with a resume that shows many of them played in not just One youth World Cup but Two World Cups back to back and even showed marked improvement.

Now if YOU were their agent maybe they ent stand ah chance but nothing unrealistic about that at all  :beermug:

How many of these clubs are looking to fill a spot?
How many of the clubs that have an open spot have sent scouts?
How many of these scouts are looking at players from a team that is last in it's group?
How many of these players did anything to catch the scout's eyes?

A lot less than the numbers you laid out.

Anyway, I glad for any of our players that get contracts out of this.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 09:12:29 AM by Peong »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
ummhmm...nice theory but count how many of our players get contracts after a creditable showing in 2006 when probably every other player in the tourney was a pro and that would give you a more realistic view of how many of the u-20's will get contracts.

the majority of our 2006 WC team was too old to be considered though.. this bunch has youth on their side.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Scotland- Prem, Div 1
Portugal- Liga & Div
Netherlands-
Belgium
Russia-
Sweden-
Turkey-
France-
Germany-
Greece-
Ukraine-
Uzbekistan
USA- MLS & USL

How many of these clubs are looking to fill a spot?
How many of the clubs that have an open spot have sent scouts?
How many of these scouts are looking at players from a team that is last in it's group?
How many of these players did anything to catch the scout's eyes?

A lot less than the numbers you laid out.

Anyway, I glad for any of our players that get contracts out of this.

LOL

Ah could just imagine I talking to the youths to show them the possibilities that this experience presents to them and that they should continue to go out there and take no prisoners. Then I could see you coming up next to speak to them and saying to them....How many so and so.... and How many so and so...

You might have ah job with Roy Keane.  Ah hear he real realistic too  :devil:

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Supporter, not start nutten eh...but (only because Juma-Mel-from inside by me in Fyzo) if friggin Gay could impress someone enough to sign him, wha happen to Juma, who actually SCORE in de people WC :)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Jake thomson, one of the stand-outs so far plays at Southhampton, which effectively, is a third-tier team in England. Not sure if he features regularly for the first team. Performing against under-20 players is a total different kettle of fish from competing against 28 year old seasoned professionals on a week in week out basis, especially if you are not attached to a decent professional club. I think english clubs are more interested in developing their own young "academy" players than signing them from overseas, unless you are a real stand out . These managers are mor interested in signing players that can help them right away keep their jobs.

You find that teams in the French, Dutch and Portugues, Belgian, Swiss etc leagues normally are more receptive to signing young talent, develop them into good players, then sell them on to bigger european clubs.

Then you have to consider that you have to compete with players from Ghana, Nigeria, Brazil, cameroon, Costa Rica, egypt etc for these contracts.

Ideally, you should figure 2 players moving to Europe...the others will definatley be picked up by other local and regional professional teams or colleges.

Ja's Keith Kelly was picked up by Paris St. Germain, along with Jon Obi Mikel..they both played in the under-20s wolrd cup some years ago. He was then later sold to Raek Mons in Belgium. yet never really featured for Jamaica at Senior level ...now with harbour View in the DPL  ::)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 10:04:10 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
u realize in all dat u repeated yourself three times about the same person, right, learn to condense and summarise pleeeeeeeeeeasssssse the constant repitition is akin to static, other than that u make good points
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 10:42:48 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Boy I had to read through 3 pages before i see someone make the statement.  The only reason why ah read all the pages is because I didn't want to repeat what was said already...and make it look like I had this brilliant revelation.

If somebody pull back the similiar thread which started prior to the WC06, allyuh will see how much men get listed as contract pullers.  Sancho name was flying high amongst the possibles.  After the WC the man even lost his contract.  Lawrence was in the same spot.  Carlos was in jepardy and even was even loaned out.  Not to mention Stern and the list goes on and on.  Don't think any of the few locals went anywhere either, apart from Glen who went MLS years after.

Peong yuh have it right...being realistic.  Yuh know men on here does only watch OUR players and not the other teams, so it easy to understand is a kinda bias.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who from T&T go get offer a pro contract afta dis tourney dat doh already ha
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2009, 11:48:17 AM »

Boy I had to read through 3 pages before i see someone make the statement.  The only reason why ah read all the pages is because I didn't want to repeat what was said already...and make it look like I had this brilliant revelation.

If somebody pull back the similiar thread which started prior to the WC06, allyuh will see how much men get listed as contract pullers.  Sancho name was flying high amongst the possibles.  After the WC the man even lost his contract.  Lawrence was in the same spot.  Carlos was in jepardy and even was even loaned out.  Not to mention Stern and the list goes on and on.  Don't think any of the few locals went anywhere either, apart from Glen who went MLS years after.

Peong yuh have it right...being realistic.  Yuh know men on here does only watch OUR players and not the other teams, so it easy to understand is a kinda bias.

Birchall went to Coventry... but we know how that went.

I really doh see any of these players getting a call to a first league team. May be a pat on the back and honorable mentions. The talent is few and far between. I know they make Jack cry... that that's it. They need to be bigger, better, faster, stronger like Daft Punk will say.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Supporter, not start nutten eh...but (only because Juma-Mel-from inside by me in Fyzo) if friggin Gay could impress someone enough to sign him, wha happen to Juma, who actually SCORE in de people WC :)

Fyzo, he scored, but he made too many mental mistakes IMO. I hope he does sign somewhere, and like youve said, if Gay can get picked up, theres hope for Juma.
Hart for president

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who from T&T go get offer a pro contract afta dis tourney dat doh already ha
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2009, 02:21:33 PM »

Birchall went to Coventry... but we know how that went.

I really doh see any of these players getting a call to a first league team. May be a pat on the back and honorable mentions. The talent is few and far between. I know they make Jack cry... that that's it. They need to be bigger, better, faster, stronger like Daft Punk will say.

Thats a little different a situation though....many of our 06 WC players were aging, known quantities (having played in England so many years). With that said, Birchall, Carlos, Yorke, Lawrence all benefited club-wise from the WC anyway.
Hart for president

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nobody will be offered a contract. Primus, Bentick, Cyrus and Clarence names wil probably get onto the notes of a few scouts, and they will  looked a again, especially if they begin playing for the senior team. Primus or Clarence might get a trial or two directly based on their performances. But nobody coming to give away $$$ or have contract in hand
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ent all yuh say dey have a contract wit JW then dey safe as d sernon in Selassie I brief case.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
we go see what play off.   Dem guys young still.   Im sure most of them will get a contract some where.  Anyway...lookin forward to this team building from strength to strength and makin the 2014 wc easy easy

Offline PIMP

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Any contracts for U20 players?
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2009, 08:10:37 PM »
I was just wondering if anyone was offered a foreign contract,,,,,,

1]; } ?>