March 28, 2024, 03:13:57 AM

Author Topic: Robert Primus Thread  (Read 19023 times)

truetrini

Re: Primus completes move to Kazakhstani Premier league
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2011, 09:34:09 AM »
I support this move!!

Check the team's wiki page

They offer Primus far greater opportunity than any proleague team can give hm!!

Dont let one movie cloud ur opinions of an entire country.

Remember most ppl in the world think that all we have in de caribbean is bare-back rasta, beaches with coconut trees, weed, steelpan and reggae music

ah love it

Is only Wim who does think so.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2011, 04:49:12 AM »
Aktobe coach welcomes Primus.
By: Shuan Fuentes (TTFF).

FC Aktobe head coach Vladamir Mukhanov says he expects to see the benefits of new signing Robert Primus as the new Kazakhstani Premier League kicks into gear in the coming weeks.

Primus made his debut for the club earlier this month and Mukhanov spoke this week about the reason for signing the former San Juan Jabloteh player alongside Juan Jose Bezares, a midfielder from Spanish side Sevilla.

“We signed them because of their qualities as players and people, not because they are exotic,” Mukhanov told UEFA.com. “We are interested in good players, but they need to fit into our group, they have to be good people too.

We play attacking football but we have worked on our defensive shortcomings too. Let’s see how we get on,” Mukhanov added. The 20-year-old Primus is hoping to cement a starting spot in the team.

“So far I’m settling in well. The climate is different but I’m enjoying it. It’s a lot of hard work but this is all part of it.

We’ve been working hard to ensure we have the best possible start to the season,” Primus added. Primus’ Aktobe top the Kazakhstan Premier League after two matches with six points.

He also saw action in their 3-2 win over Irtysh on Saturday. Primus made his debut for T&T during the latter stages of the 2010 World Cup qualifiers and appeared at the 2007 Fifa Under 17 World Cup and 2009 Fifa Under 20 World Cup in Egypt.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2011, 08:19:54 AM »
Very nice!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2011, 01:38:41 PM »
That man is we sweeper case closed!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2011, 08:46:51 AM »
congrats to the youngster ....do yuh thing Dion, we need more players out dey

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2011, 01:20:51 PM »
Sometimes I think we have an over inflated view of our talent pool...just my opinion

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2011, 01:35:49 PM »
My people, ah know we is ah small lil island trying tuh make some noise out dey in de soccer world. Cool,but come on folks, are we dat desperate, dat it doh matter what part ah de world a player playing, just as long as he gone abroad,all yuh jumping fuh joy, like he reach. Ah mean thank de man above fuh a slice of bread, but damn all yuh do behave so desperate nah. Some ah all yuh embarrassing we lil island wid dat kind ah act.HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 02:17:12 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2011, 01:20:59 PM »
Ey thanks for the link.  Never thought I would get to see him play there.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2011, 01:24:59 PM »

Remember most ppl in the world think that all we have in de caribbean is bare-back rasta, beaches with coconut trees, weed, steelpan and reggae music

swap out the bare-back rasta with pretty women, throw in some beers with that weed, and that sounds like a real nice place to live.  

;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2011, 01:32:49 PM »
Was that primus who just scored??? I missed the jersey # as I was talking on the phone.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2011, 01:33:12 PM »
Aktobe just equalised. 1-1 in the 58th

Nah it wasn't Primus, he's #21.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2011, 01:41:21 PM »
Aktobe just equalised. 1-1 in the 58th

Nah it wasn't Primus, he's #21.
Cool thanks :beermug:....since there's two black men playing on the team at the moment and a black man scored I figured it might've been him ;D

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2011, 01:43:29 PM »
Primus came over to the sideline and hugged him.

Nice recovery and tackle by Primus.  The striker took long to control there.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2011, 01:51:55 PM »
Primus came over to the sideline and hugged him.

Nice recovery and tackle by Primus.  The striker took long to control there.
Yeah timely tackle, otherwise that might've been a definite goal

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2011, 02:12:37 PM »
I dunno know the ref didn't call a penalty for the other team there.  Lucky for Aktobe.
This team playin some decent ball.  They spreadin the ball to the wingers and the midfielders support each other well.
Primus looked good from what I saw. Composed and alert to danger.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2011, 02:37:07 PM »
I dunno know the ref didn't call a penalty for the other team there.  Lucky for Aktobe.
This team playin some decent ball.  They spreadin the ball to the wingers and the midfielders support each other well.
Primus looked good from what I saw. Composed and alert to danger.

They got away because that looked like a deliberate push from behind.

AirMan

« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2011, 02:43:30 PM »
My people, ah know we is ah small lil island trying tuh make some noise out dey in de soccer world. Cool,but come on folks, are we dat desperate, dat it doh matter what part ah de world a player playing, just as long as he gone abroad,all yuh jumping fuh joy, like he reach. Ah mean thank de man above fuh a slice of bread, but damn all yuh do behave so desperate nah. Some ah all yuh embarrassing we lil island wid dat kind ah act.HIGHLY BLESSED.

People have that desperate state of mind because of the status of our own Pro league. If our pro league was atleast average some fans will not be so happy for players to leave Trini to go ANYWHERE. The pro league is not developing much quality players for the national team and it has shown in recent years. That is why our local players are struggling against caribbean opposition..

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Primus returns for Aktobe next month.
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2012, 02:53:11 AM »
Primus returns for Aktobe next month.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

Defender Robert Primus is expected to return to playing after being sidelined for seven months with a serious knee injury that required reconstructive surgery.

Primus became a regular in the starting team of Khazakhstan Premier club FC Aktobe before sustaining the injury which forced him to miss T&T's 2014 World Cup campaign and the 2012 Olympic campaign. Primus is currently back in training following the lay off.

“I expect to be playing again by June. I am doing more fitness and ball work at the moment. I’ve been in the gym doing strength work also and a lot of therapy in the sea and pool,” Primus said on Monday.

Primus has until the end of 2013 remaining on his contract and intends to make up for loss time. He maintains that the fear of injury again will not deter him from making it in the European arena. “I am mindful of injury but it’s not going to affect my game.

I’m really working towards being even stronger than I was before. I have been on the sidelines for a long while now and this has me really anxious to get back out there and make a good impression,” added the ex-San Juan Jabloteh player who played for T&T at the Under-17 and Under-20 World Cup in 2007 and 2009.

“It was really hard having to read about and see highlights of the World Cup qualifiers and the Olympic qualifiers and not be able to do anything or try to even help the boys. I don’t think there’s ever been a more frustrating period for me.

But with all of that, I am thankful to God for helping me recover and be able to play the game at a decent level again. A lot of persons would love this opportunity and even though it has been a tough journey, I am ever grateful that I can play in Europe again,” Primus stated.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Primus returns for Aktobe next month.
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2012, 06:36:54 AM »
all the best Kid...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2012, 12:06:27 PM »
Primus' team starts play in the Europa League on Thursday.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2012, 01:39:50 PM »
Best wishes Primus. Take care of your body and enjoy your opportunity.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2012, 10:54:16 AM »
Well it seems Primus's team drew 1-1 away in the first leg of their Europa League tie, though Primus was not selected.  He has started the last two league games though.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2013, 02:00:53 AM »
Primus back home after suffering meniscus injury.
By Shaun Fuentes.

With just five matches left in the season and his club FC Aktobe three points ahead of its second placed rivals in the Kazakhstan Premier League, defender Robert Primus has been sidelined with an injury to his right meniscus.

The player, who enjoyed two solid performances for the T&T Senior team in Saudi Arabia last month, was on the receiving end of a tackle from an opposing player two weeks ago and was forced to withdraw from playing. He is currently back in Trinidad and is scheduled to journey to the United States to undergo surgery and is likely to be out for up for up to six weeks.

“It was unfortunate because we’re three points ahead of the second placed team and we have five games to go in the season. I was hoping to finish this season without an injury and see us win the title,” Primus said.

“I had this same injury on the left side before and it kept me out for a year. That was tough to go through but the doctors say that once I operate again, my recovery should go for just over a month. I’m really hoping that it doesn’t keep me away from the game for too long,” Primus said.

A meniscus is a type of cartilage that exists in one’s knee joint. There are two menisci in the knee; each rests between the thigh bone (femur) and shin bone (tibia). The meniscus is made of tough cartilage and conforms to the surfaces of the bones upon which they rest.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2013, 08:59:15 AM »
Primus begins rehab following ACL surgery.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Trinidad and Tobago senior team defender Robert Primus has commenced rehab after undergoing Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) reconstruction at the Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center on November 15th.

Primus, who turned 23 five days before the operation, suffered the injury while on duty a few weeks ago with his Kazakhstan club FC Aktobe. It ruled him out of the Trinidad and Tobago friendlies against New Zealand and Jamaica. He had previously assisted in two goals against Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates.

The TTFA offered support to Primus by assisting with his travel to the United States and organizing with TTFA doctor Mario John who is based at the Virginia Commonwealth University. The procedure was overseen by a team led by Dr Seth Cheatham and assisted by John. Both Primus and John wore I Support Akeem T-shirts during the surgery.

According to John, who was also the team doctor for T&T at the 2007 FIFA Under 17 World Cup,  Primus is likely to return to playing in six months, in time for his club’s UEFA CUP qualifiers and he will be monitored in Trinidad by Dr Anyl Goopesingh over such period.

Primus is hopeful of a successful recovery and return to the game.

“It’s going well so far. The main thing for me was getting the surgery done and I’m very thankful to the team of doctors in Virginia Dr Cheatham and Dr John and the people at TTFA who offered their assistance,” Primus said.

“The operation was successful and I started rehab on Friday,” he added

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2013, 03:18:53 PM »
Nice story and nice collaboration by the folks he mentioned. Keep pressing on Primus. You're top quality.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2014, 01:58:00 AM »
Primus set play again in June.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

European-based defender Robert Primus will not be in the national team for the upcoming friendlies against Argentina and Iran but the former U-20 player is likely to be available for the Concacaf Gold Cup qualifying campaign later this year.

Primus has resumed training with FC Aktobe in Kazakhstan having been sidelined for seven months after undergoing Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) reconstruction at the Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center on November 15.

“I’m happy to be back training again with the club. I’m jogging and I expect to be playing again by June,” Primus said.

“It’s been a bit frustrating not being able to play and seeing all the football going on. But God is good and I’m thankful that I’ve recovered and I’ll have that chance to play again. Even though I won’t be there, I want to wish the boys well against Argentina and Iran.”

Primus last played for T&T in the 3-1 win over Saudi Arabia last September.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Primus: Star defender for T&T. Any news?
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2014, 05:38:57 PM »
Would love to know if he's regained fitness.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 07:35:52 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

1]; } ?>