March 28, 2024, 11:23:35 AM

Author Topic: Robert Primus Thread  (Read 19028 times)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Top player, Primus: Any news?
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2014, 07:59:54 PM »
Tallman, any news on Primus?
Has he recovered from injury. Is he playing club football. Is his career over? Has he been contacted?
Iz like de player stop existing on the socawarriors site. Wha going on with one of our borse defensive players and former youth World Cup players, who made an immediate impact with Hart's team when the team went to play in the Arabian pensinsula.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Top player, Primus: Any news?
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2014, 08:49:09 PM »
All I could say is dat he only play 45 minutes of club football for de year.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2014, 08:55:10 PM »
Here are some of his highlights from last year

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/UWZT9OlGxVk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/UWZT9OlGxVk</a>

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2014, 09:03:00 PM »
Thanks for the info Tallman ... and especially for those videos that are good for fans to see.
45 mins, dat eh soundin' good. Wish I knew why. Is he being treated well in his host country? Is he trapped contract-wise?
Is he talking to Hart or anybody? Does he need help medically or otherwise?
Is sad how abandoned these players look in these far away behind-God-back countries.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Primus returns for Aktobe next month.
« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2014, 07:30:52 AM »
Wish him the best. Hope it is not more than he just finding it hard to break into the team, which is to be expected after being out for so long.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Primus
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2016, 09:23:59 AM »
Primus is now with Central FC. Let's see if he can regain the form that originally garnered him selection to the national team.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2016, 05:42:30 PM »
he can help our defense once he come back strong from the injury

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2016, 01:02:41 AM »
I remember him and bateu starting for jabloteh fresh out of intercol.at the time I personally thought terry was mad but they dominanted that defence and then moved abroad.

liked him at cali but if you want to win things and play with the best locals then central or w is the place to be
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2019, 08:04:33 AM »
Defender Robert Primus has joined Indian I-League club, Minerva Punjab FC.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2019, 12:36:10 PM »
WATCH: Robert Primus scores his first goal in six years during Churchill Brothers FC Goa's 4-2 win over Mohun Bagan.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MGD0_jUok9M?start=161" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MGD0_jUok9M?start=161</a>

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2020, 06:39:29 AM »
WATCH: Defender Robert Primus is on hand to tap home the rebound for his second goal of the season in Churchill Brothers' 2-2 draw with Aizawl FC

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kRy6Qp-FHMs?start=412" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kRy6Qp-FHMs?start=412</a>

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 08, 2020, 04:26:20 PM »
Signed to FC Bengaluru United in September 2020

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2020, 01:28:55 PM »
WATCH: Defender Robert Primus is back in the Men's Senior Team training squad. He talks about his comeback from three ACL surgeries and his drive to keep playing. The 30-year-old last appeared for T&T against Saudi Arabia in 2013.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XRAlEFutf38" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XRAlEFutf38</a>

Primus returns after ACL surgeries.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

After three ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) surgeries, defender Robert Primus returns to the national team under Englishman Terry Fenwick.

Primus, who plays professionally for Bengaluru United in the Hero I-League in India, was one of many players to have been called by Fenwick ahead of next year's CONCACAF Gold and FIFA World Cup Qualifiers in March.  

The 30-year-old defender, who represented T&T at the Under-17 and U-20 levels, said it feels great to be back in the T&T team as it is the dream of every player to represent their country.

With the country's national teams being given the okay to resume training for international competition, Primus said it is very important to be back in training since all other teams have been preparing.

Only last week Fenwick said they are behind in training as all sporting activities were halted after the government closed all its sporting facilities as a precautionary measure against the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).

However, the national footballers are still in limbo as to their participation in the upcoming events. T&T are awaiting news as to whether the sport's world governing body-FIFA will lift the suspension on this country after T&T was suspended for a violation of FIFA's Statutes by the T&T Football Association (TTFA) under then-president William Wallace.

Preparations continue as T&T, for the CONCACAF Gold Cup, is set to face Montserrat in the preliminary rounds.  

Primus said he has learnt a lot from Fenwick, having played under him at T&T Pro League outfit San Juan Jabloteh at both the youth and senior levels, and he was also exposed to international competitions through the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Club Championship before he entered the national team, saying he is grateful to the man who took over from previous coach, Dennis Lawrence.

The defender has had a tough road to travel in his short career, which has been plagued by injuries. Sharing his experience on how he overcame that to be back on the national team, Primus said he was strong mentally.

"It's mental toughness. It all comes down to mental toughness, the way you think while you're injured, the amount of work you put in while you're injured and during recovery too. I never once thought about giving up, I just continued working hard, so I am here today," said Primus.

"I did three ACL surgeries, one on each leg and then a re-rupture again but it's all good now, thanks to God.

"Injuries are a part of football, it's just how you deal with it and the people you have around you, the doctors, your family. You need your family the most when you're injured. My advice is to never give up, keep working and you will reach where you want to be, just don't give up." 

« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 08:41:59 AM by Flex »

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
National team recall for FC Bengaluru United's Robert Primus
« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2021, 01:21:59 PM »
National team recall for FC Bengaluru United's Robert Primus
By Sandeep Menon (Deccan Herald)

It's been a glorious few days for Robert Primus, the stuff dreams are made of. He is floating on a cloud.

On Monday, playing the BDFA Super Division match for FC Bengaluru United, the tall centre back scored against their title rivals Bengaluru FC 'B' to set his team up for a 3-2 win, shifting the balance of the league in their favour. Three days later, he scored the goal that gave the team their first silverware in their three-year history. Amidst all this, he also earned a call-back to the Trinidad and Tobago national team.

"I feel good. I came in for the last five games so, it felt good to come in and make my presence (felt) for the team," he said on Thursday before shifting the focus of conversation to the national team call-up.

"It's an honour to represent your country. I've been there in the past but for a while I haven't been - like 6-7 years. So it feels good to get the call back for the World Cup qualifier and try to help my country qualify."

Primus, who turned out for Churchill Brothers last season before shifting to FCBU ahead of the I-League qualifier at the end of last year, last played for Trinidad and Tobago in 2013 in a friendly in Saudi Arabia.

"I will leave on March 17, the games are on March 25 (Guyana) and 28 (Puerto Rico)," he said.

It's not very often you see a player playing in the 2nd Division league club - essentially the third division of Indian football - get a national team call-up. Primus understands that but is happy that his choice to move down a division has paid off with performances on the field.

"(The performance at the club has helped) for sure, we train hard and every day we put in the work. (Moving from Churchill) was all based on timing. There was a lockdown and football was not happening. I got the call from the coaches to play the 2nd Division and I didn't hesitate. I know this is second division but we are training like at the top level. The coaches really push us and I'm fit," he said

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Primus Thread
« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2021, 06:12:11 PM »
WATCH: Defender Robert Primus focused on a positive start to World Cup Qualifying campaign

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oKvRgAzhizQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oKvRgAzhizQ</a>

Primus delighted for Soca Warriors recall.
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday).

NATIONAL defender Robert Primus, who last represented T&T in 2013, said he is delighted to reunite with players he grew up with and is anticipating T&T's FIFA World Cup qualifier against Guyana in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, next Thursday.

Primus, 30, played seven matches for T&T between 2009 and 2013. The national team arrived in Dominican Republic on Thursday. Speaking to the TT Football Association media officer Shaun Fuentes, Primus said, "I feel very excited to be with the guys. It has been awhile, but I am here and ready to get to work."

Primus, who is based in India, was not surprised to get the call. He said, "I was in the training. I was always around, I just left for club duties so in my mind I always think positive so I believe that I would have gotten the call."

Primus is relishing the opportunity to wear the national colours again. "Playing back then with the likes of (Andre) Boucaud, (Radanfah) Abu Bakr, (Willis) Plaza. It feels good actually being with those guys again. It is guys you can put your trust in on and off the field as well."

Speaking about playing again with Sheldon Bateau and Khaleem Hyland, he said, "These are guys I played with since Under-13, Under-14 so we have a really good relationship – me, Khaleem, Sheldon. Sheldon is like my brother, so we have a really good relationship. It feels good to be with them again."

Primus said the next few days are key. "These are the important times now...we got to get our heads together, get our playing style together and just feel off each other energy going into this game."

Head coach Terry Fenwick said, "The camaraderie has been fantastic. The pool of players that we have got are very positive, very vibrant. I am loving it."

Fenwick also got the chance to look at the venue where the match will be held. "It is not the best, but it is not as bad as the (Queen's Park) Savannah and that is where all our players have all been brought up. They have been brought up on community grounds and I think that will be a massive benefit to us."

He added, "We are tightening everything up and as I said the camaraderie on the inside now (is great). I can feel the passion within the group and everything is moving in the right direction. I am enjoying it."

Watch Primus focused on a positive start to World Cup campaign

« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 09:35:24 AM by Flex »

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Primus Thread
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2022, 08:11:28 AM »
Defender Robert Primus has joined Indian I-League club, Aizawl FC, where he will once again link up with compatriot Willis Plaza. The pair previously played together at Churchill Brothers.

1]; } ?>