March 28, 2024, 04:51:12 PM

Author Topic: Its been 2 games already....  (Read 3047 times)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Its been 2 games already....
« on: September 29, 2009, 07:00:13 AM »
How do we feel about Coach Vranes....

I thought There were glimpses of starry eyedness and inexperience in the first game. I like how he bounced back. I thought that he played the second game with more ferv and tactical awareness. This observation includes the defense and for us thats a first. I like his bravery in using the 3-5-2 /5-3-2 when collapsing. I thought his team selection was fair and unbiased and I hope this continues as I hope to see young grovsnor startin infront of Gay next game. I liked his Subs so far also Like how he stuck with Clarence when he showed he belong on de startin 11. I think Da Silva should get another touch of de ball... All in All I think we have a descent coach in Vranes and a definite prospect for 2014 (especially since its his team that might make up the core of that squad)

Maybe im a bit starry eyed as well. Please, somebody set me straight.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
Re: Its been 2 games already....
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 08:02:54 AM »
He not using the weapons at his disposal and trying to use what he does not have. The Egypt game 1st half, they were trying to play a long ball up top from the back, must be because they feel Egypt woulda be in all out attack mode or something. But personally with the exception of Thomson, we do not have the players to play good accurate long passes like that. BUT....our players are very speedy. They would have done better with a counter play on the ground, with all man hanging back to bring Egypt up to the line.

Second half they cut out the long ball crap and try to move it on the ground, so good to see they made the adjustment so thats OK I guess. But that is when they get level goal, so me eh know. Egypt just had more energy, and our midfield let us down. Hyland should not have played forward, that was a bonehead move. He should have been in his regular role in defensive mid. Lost the tactical game vs Egypt. Coach's fault.

Italy maybe was just too strong, but still, we could have tied and even won this game. Vranes did OK, but my feeling is that with the type of players that we have, this team can play much better football.
What's missing is the possession part of the game and Vranes should have had these guys on the ball for much more by now.

Verdict:cut-throat

Two islands are better than one.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 08:33:18 AM »

The only difference between this team and teams of the past is work rate and heart.
Players still passing the ball direct to the opposition, cannot keep control after first touch, ball watching, cant string more than 3 passes together for the most part, naive .
Vranes has not done anything really than improve fitness.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 11:42:47 AM »

The only difference between this team and teams of the past is work rate and heart.
Players still passing the ball direct to the opposition, cannot keep control after first touch, ball watching, cant string more than 3 passes together for the most part, naive .
but he also brought a degree of organisation and steadiness. If only measured by the Teams looking like they belonged in the competition. Dont you think?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 03:57:46 PM »

but he also brought a degree of organisation and steadiness. If only measured by the Teams looking like they belonged in the competition. Dont you think?

Not really, the closet to that i would say is that they are a more disciplined bunch.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 04:33:52 PM »
We coming home early!!!!

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 04:36:23 PM »
Even if we had Fergie as a coach we would still riding the first flight out of cairo
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 05:11:29 PM »
Even if we had Fergie as a coach we would still riding the first flight out of cairo

i actually doubt that... a top quality coach could squeeze out more from these boys
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 06:08:30 PM »
Let me fix it ,Our players evolve beyond our present coaches ability to prepare them for the quality opposition were now facing .We break true to the next level ,and we need now for some one to take us in a class room and formulate a great game plan for victory .

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 06:29:18 PM »
whenever ttff go to play in a wc tournament they only go to play for 3 games. :-[
Thank god for the little he has given to them.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 07:07:40 PM »
Let me fix it ,Our players evolve beyond our present coaches ability to prepare them for the quality opposition were now facing .We break true to the next level ,and we need now for some one to take us in a class room and formulate a great game plan for victory .

But for argument sake... from what level could bring victory... Rene Simeos??  Whim?? Beenieman??  Bruce Arena??  Ah not being funny. Im saying at what level of a coach is good enough?  Could Stephen Hart get more out of them?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2009, 07:20:56 PM »

What if the players cannot handle any more complicated tactical play? What if that is as far as they could go? Players are limited by their technical aility and a coach will be foolhardy to try and force anythng more on them?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2009, 07:48:57 PM »

What if the players cannot handle any more complicated tactical play? What if that is as far as they could go? Players are limited by their technical aility and a coach will be foolhardy to try and force anythng more on them?

Oh gosh Elan you self...yuh want to bring rational thought and common sense into this cyber rumshop talk.

come nah man better than that...lewwe call a big name coach for them instead nah  ;D ::)

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2009, 07:59:53 PM »
Said it in an earlier thread .... the current U-20 is not the answer. Another thread asks the question, 'how many will get pro contracts', not holding my breath for that either.

A coach can only do so much and heart and effort will only go so far.  In order to compete with the best at the highest level, we have to take a serious look at how we develop our young players.

We need a system where we can indentify talent and potential from an early age, these boys and girls should be in a national academy(collaboration amongst government, businesses and the TTFF), enrolled in a developmental program that would prepare them sufficiently for national duty.  SSFL in its current form is ruining good talents and not supplying national youth teams with players who can compare technically to their international peers.  

Untill we start planning from U-10 we will be forever searching for that special coach or waiting on another Dwight or Russell when the solution is ever so obvious.   Our young Warriors are good but not good enough.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2009, 08:04:53 PM »
alyah confusing oui ,one minute alyah saying we need ,less individual flair .We we to be more Technical and Tactical approach ,better coaches.Now the players maybe cant learn more .Let them all just go University and cool they self .
f**k just headaches here oui .  

Now ah man want to start over with 6 yr olds jesus christ .we f**ked forever .

Alyah doh know what the hell to do again .

collage ah not with u eh .

But if men here so great ,alyah shouldve at least teach one kid each either a brother nephew ,cousin or something to be a really great player .
when I was in my teen helped mt nephew ,in running so much he was win at every meet in TnT and latter Canada .till he hurt his knee,Didnt think about rub downs after races ,I was like 15 after all .And i WAS NOT NO EXPERT .
oH ALYah ,just like to talk about work other ppl put een with there kids ,instead of never working with one for alyah selfs .
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 08:29:14 PM by Quagmire »

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 09:40:07 PM »

This is a competent confident team....This team begging for someone to show them how to play.

Stay tuned.

Oh gosh Elan you self...yuh want to bring rational thought and common sense into this cyber rumshop talk.

come nah man better than that...lewwe call a big name coach for them instead nah  ;D ::)
Two islands are better than one.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2009, 10:26:29 PM »

i actually doubt that... a top quality coach could squeeze out more from these boys

Fergie wuk is not to teach men how to trap and pass.

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 04:38:02 AM »

Fergie wuk is not to teach men how to trap and pass.

Actually they trapping good is what happen after that, is almost like they control the ball for the other team.

Ah home about a week now and pass by some grounds on Saturday, King George V, Fatima, Savannha even a small piece of real estate by Westmoorings and is hundreds of youths in nice uniforms training or being coached, maybe the problem is the coachs at that level 6 to 10, maybe is a set of imposters just taking parents money because the parents just want the kids out of their way on a Saturday morning.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2009, 07:32:25 AM »
I think Elan and College make some strong points. International level, whether youth or senior, is too late for guys to still be learning how to pass and control. We still don't appreciate here the importance of 3 fundamental skills: 1. Releasing the ball (passing long or short, shooting on goal, heading, etc.), 2. receiving the ball (any part of the body, any how that the ball arrives) and 3. running (willingness to run, explosive over short distances, controlled over longer ones, etc.). Too often our players have to learn these things after they've signed professional contracts. The better ones might make it to top level leagues, but the majority will always play in a 2nd of 3rd division in some relatively small league. The flair and the fancy skill is important too, but that has its place in the game behind the basics.

In addition to that there are the mental short comings of growing up in our culture. That party carefree attitude that shies away from hard work is a major handicap. Discipline is a curse word. The rote learning culture that ignores reasoning ability and development is also a major handicap. For Vranes to organise this group to do things that local pros do not (or cannot) do is something to acknowledge. This group looked organised and disciplined which is not something we would typically say about local teams. They worked hard and the difference in the results in their matches can be put down to professional experience and some of the same deficiencies acknowledged on the board.

We have to stop believing that we and we alone have talented athletes. With a population of 1.3 million we do not have more talented athletes than most countries in this competition. In addition talent and $2 will buy you a Guardian. Too often we promote (talent) and ignore the other things that contribute way more to good performance. Guys like Vranes and Benhakker are working handicapped with our athletes and we need to ourselves work harder (academies?) at their early development. Otherwise we should recognise our limitations and work to succeed within them (as this team is doing).

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2009, 07:57:53 PM »
Said it in an earlier thread .... the current U-20 is not the answer. Another thread asks the question, 'how many will get pro contracts', not holding my breath for that either.

A coach can only do so much and heart and effort will only go so far.  In order to compete with the best at the highest level, we have to take a serious look at how we develop our young players.

We need a system where we can indentify talent and potential from an early age, these boys and girls should be in a national academy(collaboration amongst government, businesses and the TTFF), enrolled in a developmental program that would prepare them sufficiently for national duty.  SSFL in its current form is ruining good talents and not supplying national youth teams with players who can compare technically to their international peers.  

Untill we start planning from U-10 we will be forever searching for that special coach or waiting on another Dwight or Russell when the solution is ever so obvious.   Our young Warriors are good but not good enough.

This sounds German or Chinese but I like it. especially this part...
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2009, 05:21:18 AM »
you get what you have money for.
If u have $$ and buy a BENZ, you get better performance than if u buy a Wingroad.

If we dont want to spend $$, we will stick with Vranes/Latas/Corneal.

If we do things properly, we will spend and get a Scolari/Rijkaard etc etc.
This is perhaps the only way to step to the next level.

Lets face it, we have a bunch of very good footballers.
Put Dwight Yorke in a Man U team and u see what he does.
Same think for Kenwyne Jones.
Look how good Julius James looking for DC united these days.

Put these same players in a T&T shirt, the team itself looks shaky.
We have the potential to start 2 forwards who are Premiership material, yet we struggle for goals in the Hex.

Our players are decent, its the team cohesiveness and tactical acumen that needs work. that comes with a good coach.
Imagine we have a coach who is in  his first full time coaching role and say he dont believe in warm up matches...
You reap what you sow.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2009, 06:24:21 AM »
I can't believe what iam reading...you mean to tell me that after all these years that players from young to senior have problem trapping, passing, holding possession of the ball ....guy's you mean to tell me a local coach can't teach a kid how to trap a ball on a dime or pass a ball properly  or even hold possession of a ball...you mean with all the posts iam reading that the case with our football...WHAT THE f**k GOING ON BOY?

1]; } ?>