April 19, 2024, 07:28:40 PM

Author Topic: U-20 foursome included in T&T senior Team to face Costa Rica, Mexico.  (Read 11372 times)

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
U-20 foursome included in T&T senior Team to face Costa Rica, Mexico.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF Media).

National Under 20 foursome headed by captain Leston Paul have been invited to join Trinidad and Tobago’s National Senior Team for its two remaining matches in the 2010 World Cup qualifying campaign against Costa Rica and Mexico on October 10 and 14.

The 22-man squad, as announced by head coach Russell Latapy also includes English-born and Southampton midfielder Jake Thomson who made his debut for the Under 20s against Egypt last Thursday, goalkeeper Glenroy Samuel and defender Robert Primus.

The players are expected to join the senior team on their return to Trinidad this weekend as the team goes into camp before heading to San Jose on October 7.

Latapy’s team includes several regular faces but he will be without San Jose Earthquakes striker Cornell Glen who is nursing a cruciate ligament injury. Clayton Ince and Marvin Andrews have also been excused from these two games.

Regulars Carlos Edwards, Kenwyne Jones, Jason Scotland, Radanfah Abu Bakr and Dennis Lawrence are in the squad while Bolton Wanderers defender Jlloyd Samuel has also been recalled as well as Fulham striker Bobby Zamora who continues to indicate his eagerness to play for T&T.

DC United defender Julius James has also been invited by Latapy.

Among the home-based pros called up are Joe Public’s Hayden Tinto, Kerry Baptiste and Trent Noel, W Connection goalkeepers Marvin Phillip and Jan Michael Williams, Kern Cupid, Hughton Hector, Caledonia AIA duo Densill Theobald and Keon Daniel and Defence Force forward Devon Jorsling.

Thomson, who has rubbed shoulders with Kenwyne Jones and Stern John during their time at Southampton, said it would be an honour for him to represent T&T’s senior team.

“It’s been a real pleasure for me to represent Trinidad and Tobago in Egypt and for any player, the opportunity to make your debut for the big team, the senior team, is always going to be a big honour,” Thomson told TTFF Media.

“It’s my dream to play for Trinidad at the highest level and when that opportunity comes for me to play for the Senior Team I’m going to try and make the very best of it,” he added..

T&T will go into the match in San Jose against a Costa Rica team that is desperate for a win and which now being coached by former T&T head coach Rene Simoes.

The Brazilian was given the job after Rodrigo Kenton was axed a few weeks ago.

It is hoped that Simoes can bring stability back to the side, which has lost their last three matches, scoring no goals and conceding no less than eight. The Ticos actually led the ‘hexagonal' round for a long stretch, before losing their balance in a spectacular collapse.

A 4-0 thrashing at the hands of neighbours Honduras in August was followed up by a demoralizing 3-0 loss at home against Mexico and seemed to signify something was wrong in the camp. A 1-0 defeat to El Salvador on the road in their last outing then put Costa Rica's campaign, once so promising, in serious jeopardy.

The Brazilian manager, who also coached domestically in Brazil with Coritiba and Fluminense, is eager to get started and expects to be able to turn things around for the Central American powers. "

“A team that has gained 12 points in five qualifying games in CONCACAF has to be strong," Simoes said. "South Africa 2010 is still a good possibility for us because Costa Rica still has a strong team."

List of 22 T&T Players for upcoming WCQ matches Oct.10th & 14th, 2009

Goalkeepers
1. Marvin Phillip – W. Connection, 2. Jan Michael Williams – W. Connection, 3. Glenroy Samuel – T&T National Under 20 Team.

Defenders
4. Robert Primus  – T&T National Under 20 Team, 5. Kern Cupid – W. Connection, 6. Radanfah Abu Bakr – Swansea F.C., 7. Jlloyd Samuel – Bolton Wanderers, 8. Dennis Lawrence – San Juan Jabloteh, 9. Julius James – D.C. United.

Midfielders
10.Jake Thomson – T&T National Under 20 Team, 11.Trent Noel  – Joe Public F.C., 12.Densill Theobald – Caledonia AIA, 13.Leston Paul – T&T National Under 20 Team, 14.Keon Daniel – Caledonia AIA, 15.Hughton Hector  – W. Connection, 16.Carlos Edwards – Ipswich Town, 17. Hayden Tinto  – Joe Public F.C.

Forwards
18.Kerry Baptiste – Joe Public F.C., 19.Devon Jorsling- Defence Force, 20.Bobby Zamora – Fulham F.C., 21.Jason Scotland – Wigan Athletic, 22.Kenwyne Jones – Sunderland F.C.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 10:24:17 AM by Flex »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Under 20 foursome included in T&T senior Team to face Costa Rica, Mexico
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 09:45:52 AM »
Densill still getting call up?

Zamora really (still) want to play?

Decent squad though... nice to see Julius back in de mix
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 09:48:16 AM »
Densill still getting call up?

Zamora really (still) want to play?

Decent squad though... nice to see Julius back in de mix

Why wasn't he there all along? I wonder how these U-20s will be used, if they will be used at all. It couldn't hurt to rub shoulders with senior players, but I just hope that the losing attitude doesn't rub off.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 09:49:39 AM »
I disagree with calling up Jones just because of the trouble it can cause him, but you never know maybe KJ said he wanted to come.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 09:51:17 AM »
So much to say:

Cap Jake Thomson one time.
Slide out the old heads
Why we still bothering with Zamora?
On paper, looks good.  Too bad we don't play the games on paper.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 09:51:55 AM »
Birchal not included for what reason

I Cannot wait till October 14th comes to an end... WHAT A NIGHTMARE CAMPAIGN

And they still bothering with that Big Eye f**k who plays for Fulham?

I glad J.James in the mix...finally

The lack of CM's is madness... Birchy should be there
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 09:56:41 AM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 09:53:12 AM »
Zamora can still help the team if he still wanna play for us i guess thats why we bothering with him... and JJ get call up didnt even book that sad latapy calling these players when we done knocked out.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 09:55:01 AM »
I wonder why Latas has never played Hyland since the US away game.  I remember he was called up and then his brother passed away and he didn't play but I don't think he's been called up since then.  Birchall's out as well  :-\

Regulars Carlos Edwards, Kenwyne Jones, Jason Scotland, Radanfah Abu Bakr and Dennis Lawrence are in the squad while Bolton Wanderers defender Jlloyd Samuel has also been recalled as well as Fulham striker Bobby Zamora who continues to indicate his eagerness to play for T&T.
Cue Big Magician

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 09:55:10 AM »
I know real men go be happy about the Julius James call up...JC and Sam ?

They should give Thompson a sweat, so he go cyah change he mind later and want to play for England seniors.

We would just have to wait and see if Zamora would get injured again...or if the team doctor will advise him against travelling...what with his head-stuck-up-his-arse-syndrome he seems to suffer from everytime T&T has a qualifier.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 09:55:33 AM »
YES

At least the rebuilding has begun.

As far as Zamora if he show up good. He may not score a lot of goals but he have real hustle in his game he don't just stand around and stroll around the park like he lost.

The U20 need to play in this game this is really good experience for them.

Ah see Hyland get leave out again by Latas. Cyah blame Latas fuh that one, Hyland hasn't looked the part in the U20 tournament so far.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 09:58:16 AM »
I disagree with calling up Jones just because of the trouble it can cause him, but you never know maybe KJ said he wanted to come.

I don't see why we shouldn't call him up to play, unless the thinking is he won't perform at his best (which he may not be doing anyway). We might as well play our strongest team, which is why if Zamora is willing to play why not cap him now? This campaign might be over, but the world doesn't stop turning. We should be always trying to improve our team. There are the "future picks" who can contribute a little now, but really we expecting to pay dividends over the next two 4-year cycles and the immediate benefits who you expecting to strengthen the team over the next 2-4 year period.

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 10:08:15 AM »
I really like the call ups...I but  dont think Birchall should be left out while that Shyte snake Theobold is still being called up...Loud Steeeups!!!!...On paper the back line and midfield looks younger and faster that is a step in the right direction so we will see how the young players are going to be used...looking forward to the game as the rebuilding has started.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 10:09:56 AM »
Birchal not included for what reason

I Cannot wait till October 14th comes to an end... WHAT A NIGHTMARE CAMPAIGN

And they still bothering with that Big Eye f**k who plays for Fulham?

I glad J.James in the mix...finally

The lack of CM's is madness... Birchy should be there

I don't want to jump de gun...but if Birchall not injured or didn't indicate that he didn't want to play, well Latas finally doing what he wanted to do all along (get rid of Beenhaker's white boy)....why call J. James now and not before??

I and all ready for dis to be over and for we to get ah foreign coach and leave all dis bullsh&t behind!

What no Akile ;D
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 10:11:57 AM »

I don't see why we shouldn't call him up to play, unless the thinking is he won't perform at his best (which he may not be doing anyway). We might as well play our strongest team, which is why if Zamora is willing to play why not cap him now? This campaign might be over, but the world doesn't stop turning. We should be always trying to improve our team. There are the "future picks" who can contribute a little now, but really we expecting to pay dividends over the next two 4-year cycles and the immediate benefits who you expecting to strengthen the team over the next 2-4 year period.
Fair enough but i just feel like Bruce go be on sum next shit again and is it really worth it at this point?... But if they wanna try rebuilding now all good but Hyland and Birchall should be in the squad.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 10:14:59 AM »
JUSTICE for Lydon "Chubby" Andrews!!!!  >:( >:(
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 10:16:15 AM »
aaaaahhhhh!
dis squad is so refreshing....well except for bleeder and zamora. ah cud do widout dem two.

ah worried bout birchall not gettin called up. sometting went on dat we eh know bout ah wah?. as far as i know he got over his injury, not so?
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 10:17:40 AM »
ah worried bout birchall not gettin called up. sometting went on dat we eh know bout ah wah?. as far as i know he got over his injury, not so?

Deemed to be not good enough.  Apparently.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 10:19:08 AM »
:applause:

Jake Thompson is a midfielder or defender?

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2009, 10:19:36 AM »
Fair enough but i just feel like Bruce go be on sum next shit again and is it really worth it at this point?... But if they wanna try rebuilding now all good but Hyland and Birchall should be in the squad.

I would say yes it is worth it for us to play our best players, even with nothing at stake. I understand Bruce's predicament as well, but in that case it is up to KJ to make himself unavailable (after discussing it with either manager). He knows the importance of his employ at Sunderland and the position he'll be in if he leaves to play for T&T. In the meantime I agree with Latas to pick him once he's available.

In a squad selection it's difficult to get universal agreement. People can make arguments for the likes of Birchall, et al and I may agree with some of them. In the end the manager choose who he felt can give him what he wants. Generally I think it's a good squad.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2009, 10:21:20 AM »

by who tho? latas?  ???

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2009, 10:22:29 AM »

by who tho? latas?  ???

Who else?

It eh become clear to you BY NOW who was pickin de side ALL DE TIME since de Guatemala game in Guatemala?

Who yuh tink pick Chubby Andrews?  And drop him?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2009, 10:23:11 AM »
oh gawd i forget birchall when i review the squad...

i going and choose to believe they excusing him for the MLS playoffs
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2009, 10:27:32 AM »

Both.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-20 foursome included in T&T senior Team to face Costa Rica, Mexico.
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2009, 10:29:39 AM »

Both.

Back line from now till 2014:

Thompson   Abu Bakr   JJ  Samuel 

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2009, 10:30:17 AM »

by who tho? latas?  ???

Who else?

It eh become clear to you BY NOW who was pickin de side ALL DE TIME since de Guatemala game in Guatemala?

i doh tink latas vindinctive so to jus drop me mum off ah bad mind ting.

and i also dont think latas has 100%  say on who is on d team. but daiz jus me  :-\

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2009, 10:36:57 AM »
Theobald but no Birchall?  ???

Utter nonsense!  >:(

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2009, 10:42:46 AM »

by who tho? latas?  ???

Who else?

i doh tink latas vindinctive so to jus drop me mum off ah bad mind ting.

and i also dont think latas has 100%  say on who is on d team. but daiz jus me  :-\

We go see...ah tell allyuh ahready I watch Latas response to Birchall when he get subbed out in Chicago (where he was de best player on de field) and ah get ah bad vibes...since then i watching tricks..hopefully he wasn't selected because-like someone else suggest-of the MLS playoffs.....at any rate i ready for a new foreign coach!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2009, 10:43:57 AM »

Both.

Back line from now till 2014:

Thompson   Abu Bakr   JJ  Samuel 

Primus before JJ any day.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2009, 10:49:19 AM »
How come we does get smart when we have nothing to lose.

Glad to see Julius James in de mix.

Nice call Latapy, now do the right thing and

Christopher Birchall to replace Densill Theobald.

Juma Clarence to replace Jason Scotland.

Uriah Bentick to replace Keon Daniel.

Expect Devon Jorsling and Jan Michael Williams to get drop.

It is important to call up some of our foreign players who the youths look up to like Jones, Edwards, Lawrence and Jlloyd, it will only improve them.

NICE TEAM

Phillip
Primus, Lawrence, James, Samuel
    Edwards, Noel, Thomson, Hector
             Baptiste, Jones
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2009, 10:52:31 AM »
oh gawd i forget birchall when i review the squad...

i going and choose to believe they excusing him for the MLS playoffs

Remember Birchall is still coming off injury and wasn't even playing full games for the Galaxy before that.  Match fitness might be an issue, as well as a desire to let him ease back into form.  He rocked the upright with a wicked 30-yard free kick last week... incidentally.

... but the cynical view is also a possibility, who knows.

1]; } ?>