April 18, 2024, 05:24:23 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Mexico Game (10-Jun-2009).  (Read 100168 times)

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
THEY COULD GET TO mEXICO AS POSSIBLE...NOT SURE WHATS THE PLAN

I hear we leaving Monday. I hope I hear wronggggggggggggggggggggggggg.

They shoulda leave right after the game to head to Mexico, to go get use to that polluted air up deh. :P
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Mexico Game (10-Jun-2009).
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2009, 07:29:38 AM »
We have to be smart to win this game.

My line up.

Phillip
Edwards, Thomas, Andrews, Avery
Tinto, Spann, Birchall, Yorke, Noel
                  Jones
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Please Russell!
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2009, 07:43:50 AM »
Do not play Andrews and Lawrence against Mexico,Lawrence gave away goals against USA,Salvador and now CR
with some stupid tackles,everyone who saw those games should remember them.He is now a liability and so is Andrews,BTW why did Birchall,our hardest working player did not start?If we dont win in Mexico we must start building for 2014,if we draw there would still be a glimmer of hope.The only good thing about the match is that is was our best showing for sometime,chances are we can get better with a couple of changes.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2009, 08:12:55 AM »
i feel birchie got limited minutes b/c of this game in the azteca.  we will need his energy to combat pardo and torrado (although they didnt look too hot in san salvador last nite).   fellas if is any time we could go for the jugular against el tri is now.  this team is rocking, public confidence is low, the team is searching for an identity...(thanks sven ;D)  yes they still have the fast quick brand they famous for but once we have men running at they defenders i feel they will make mistakes b/c even though they at home they will be under pressure to get a result.  el salvador's 2 goals last nite came from men running at the defense.

Offline mouie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2009, 10:01:23 AM »
Alyha done know we need to play defence a 4-5-1 would be my formation.But it would be a cold day in hell before Laters play a defencive game.At this point i would put Ke win dack in defence he seems to be doing better thire.And we will miss Stern John!

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2009, 10:27:03 AM »
i agree with keyeno for Dog but I hope allyuh realize keyeno is slow as hell, i prefer him because he is probably more match fit and have younger legs but he is damn slow, as a matter of fact all our defenders are slow except avery, cyd and to a lesser extent sancho.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2009, 11:18:07 AM »
i feel birchie got limited minutes b/c of this game in the azteca.  we will need his energy to combat pardo and torrado (although they didnt look too hot in san salvador last nite).   

yea man das a real smart move, bench your best players and give up 3 points at home for the 0.00001% chance of stealing a point in de Azteca

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2009, 12:24:26 PM »
i feel birchie got limited minutes b/c of this game in the azteca.  we will need his energy to combat pardo and torrado (although they didnt look too hot in san salvador last nite).   

yea man das a real smart move, bench your best players and give up 3 points at home for the 0.00001% chance of stealing a point in de Azteca

ras me ent know, maybe birchie wasn't match fit, maybe he ent fit into the tactics latas wanted to employ.  either way, the squad have to be rejigged for wednesday.  mexico coming out gunning, blanco came off the bench last night, i expect him to start this game.

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2009, 12:54:14 PM »
wait... ppl want dog replaced and not mentioning anything abt lawrence??? allyuh have to be crazy... this is the 2nd qualifier in a row the man shit down himself

Offline PIMP

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2009, 01:00:23 PM »
Doh forget Lawrence running back twice on a free kick vs El salvador.....costing us goals....
Conference defender!!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2009, 01:05:39 PM »
I hope Latas play KJ, SJ, JS, CG, CS, CE at the same time. Everyone else could play defense.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline The_Ice

• Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2009, 01:08:59 PM »
I hope Latas play KJ, SJ, JS, CG, CS, CE at the same time. Everyone else could play defense.

leave that for against the US.... DEATH TO AMERICA!!!  :devil:

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2009, 01:27:51 PM »

ras me ent know, maybe birchie wasn't match fit, maybe he ent fit into the tactics latas wanted to employ.  either way, the squad have to be rejigged for wednesday.  mexico coming out gunning, blanco came off the bench last night, i expect him to start this game.

No, I don't know if you all are blinded or biased, but Birchall hits too many misplaced and errant passes in midfield. A good example of this was when he came on, and late in the game Carlos threw in to him, and he had to simply hit it back to Carlos-an easy pass, but his return pass was soft and poor, so a Costa Rica player swept in and took the ball. We simply had midfield players who can pass the ball much better than him and not lose possession as frequently, so there wasn't any room for him.(trent noel, silvio spann)

Now that I've cleared up that very annoying issue of people talking like Birchall is Paul Scholes- I still believe Birchall should be on the team- acknowledging his shortcomings and the problems they bring though, UNLIKE everyone else on here. His tackling and energy in midfield is really needed on this team. Birchall can make long crosses, but it's the on the floor passes,the interplay passes and creating space that he stuggles with. He helps protect our shaky defense, but we just have to find a way to minimize his shortcomings.

I fully understand why Latapy left him out- is the importance of his tackling and protecting the defense, enough to offset the pressure his losing the ball puts on the defense anyway? Fc Barcelona shows that if you can keep the ball and build up play well, your defense automatically has less pressure on it and their weaknesses isn't exposed as much.

The ideal scenario would be to have one midfielder with tackling and passing and linking up, ala Steven Gerrard, but of course we don't have that, so they have to compensate for each other, and work even more together in tandem as a unit. I think what can work is having birchall lying deep, and anytime he has to ball the other midfielder hurry up to support him, because if he gets crowded out, unlike other players he can't create space, so he loses the ball.

All this being said, imho we need Birchall's tackling in midfield, but with players like trent noel and silvio spann building up play like they are, it's hard to find a spot on the field for him. I believe that Latas will find our best team, that can win matches, whether that means that Birchall is on the field or off it.

BTW...-
WE BEATING MEXICO IN AZTECA.WE BEATING MEXICO IN AZTECA.WE BEATING MEXICO IN AZTECA.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 01:35:44 PM by Peter »

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2009, 01:31:35 PM »

leave that for against the US.... DEATH TO AMERICA!!!  :devil:

lol

Offline The_Ice

• Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2009, 05:06:44 PM »
after watching the el salvador vs mexico game i say glen must start. those defenders damn slow and a bit weak on the wings. offensively our right side secure. i think samuel should start on the left and mr. tinto on the right. the mexicans seem to be using strength above anything to their advantage so samuel should cancel that out and he should have the lungs for the altitude. if tinto could play up there his quick dribbling and passing would really throw off those defends. btw dont expect carlos to be running up and down that much b/c of the altitude.
as for the defense they just need to be aware of blanco's trickery. in the game he kept switching from one wing to the next and usually opted to set up chances than take them himself. carlos and avery should have the capacity to handle him and anyone else attacking down the wing. castro likes to get involved and needs to be marked by a midfielder on the counter. franco not seeming like the bess player i remember but i think a strong CB (dog or thomas) should be able to handle him. seriously tallest should not start. the mexicans are short and fast and pass the ball diagonally through the centre of defense alot. i dunno who should come in for him. in latas we trust i guess.
i know all this based on basically seeing one game and some of the game against the US but really mexico really looking like they're falling apart. its ridiculous. i dont know if we could win the game simply b/c its friggin azteca. but mexico showing that they have no coordination, no team chemistry, no morale. if we play w/ heart and the team's fittness has stepped up i believe we can get something from this game. short quick passing on the offense and no silly errors and we're good. just keep positive people. positivity in every situation goes a long way.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2009, 06:08:57 PM »
The only problem ICE is that Glen himself admits that he is not at full fitness. When you add on the thin air in Mexico, I worry about Glen being able to complete the first half (and not to mention going futher into the 2nd half) when his job is to sprint frequently for the defense splitting passes and to harass the defenders. However, I guess if you're driven enough, yuh go geh a second (or 3rd) wind somehow from somewhere.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2009, 07:25:20 PM »
The only problem ICE is that Glen himself admits that he is not at full fitness. When you add on the thin air in Mexico, I worry about Glen being able to complete the first half (and not to mention going futher into the 2nd half) when his job is to sprint frequently for the defense splitting passes and to harass the defenders. However, I guess if you're driven enough, yuh go geh a second (or 3rd) wind somehow from somewhere.

He suspended.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2009, 07:31:27 PM »
 ;D
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline The_Ice

• Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2009, 07:50:44 PM »

He suspended.

ah damn it... that real sucks then. KJ and Scotty really have to step up now. no bullshitting whatsoever

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2009, 07:57:12 PM »

He suspended.

ah damn it... that real sucks then. KJ and Scotty really have to step up now. no bullshitting whatsoever

Speed wise...the options are:
Tinto
Samuel.

So lets say those two on each flank. Carlos providing an outlet to help out tinto. All dat well and good. Wha i find amazing that most people eh realising is....we had a non existent midfield that exposed an already vunerable defence. Why yuh feel to survive we hadda play 4-5-1? De one striker ting eh working so dey go for 3-5-2. We cyar play with 3 defenders...4-4-2 is we natural formation rah rah rah.....tingtingting...and de end result is men glazing over the result and over magnifying positives and failing to realise de negatives is wha cause we to throw away 3 points yesterday. So again..i asking..wha it is allyuh really want?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2009, 08:07:03 PM »

He suspended.

Tinto
Samuel.

So lets say those two on each flank. Carlos providing an outlet to help out tinto. All dat well and good. Wha i find amazing that most people eh realising is....we had a non existent midfield that exposed an already vunerable defence. Why yuh feel to survive we hadda play 4-5-1? De one striker ting eh working so dey go for 3-5-2. We cyar play with 3 defenders...4-4-2 is we natural formation rah rah rah.....tingtingting...and de end result is men glazing over the result and over magnifying positives and failing to realise de negatives is wha cause we to throw away 3 points yesterday. So again..i asking..wha it is allyuh really want?

4-4-2 is we best foundation formation. We can do anything from there. If we starting Yorke then we need a serious ball winner in the middle who can get Dwight the ball quickly.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2009, 08:12:53 PM »

No, I don't know if you all are blinded or biased, but Birchall hits too many misplaced and errant passes in midfield. A good example of this was when he came on, and late in the game Carlos threw in to him, and he had to simply hit it back to Carlos-an easy pass, but his return pass was soft and poor, so a Costa Rica player swept in and took the ball. We simply had midfield players who can pass the ball much better than him and not lose possession as frequently, so there wasn't any room for him.(trent noel, silvio spann)

Now that I've cleared up that very annoying issue of people talking like Birchall is Paul Scholes- I still believe Birchall should be on the team- acknowledging his shortcomings and the problems they bring though, UNLIKE everyone else on here. His tackling and energy in midfield is really needed on this team. Birchall can make long crosses, but it's the on the floor passes,the interplay passes and creating space that he stuggles with. He helps protect our shaky defense, but we just have to find a way to minimize his shortcomings.

I fully understand why Latapy left him out- is the importance of his tackling and protecting the defense, enough to offset the pressure his losing the ball puts on the defense anyway? Fc Barcelona shows that if you can keep the ball and build up play well, your defense automatically has less pressure on it and their weaknesses isn't exposed as much.
The ideal scenario would be to have one midfielder with tackling and passing and linking up, ala Steven Gerrard, but of course we don't have that, so they have to compensate for each other, and work even more together in tandem as a unit. I think what can work is having birchall lying deep, and anytime he has to ball the other midfielder hurry up to support him, because if he gets crowded out, unlike other players he can't create space, so he loses the ball.

All this being said, imho we need Birchall's tackling in midfield, but with players like trent noel and silvio spann building up play like they are, it's hard to find a spot on the field for him. I believe that Latas will find our best team, that can win matches, whether that means that Birchall is on the field or off it.

BTW...-
WE BEATING MEXICO IN AZTECA.WE BEATING MEXICO IN AZTECA.WE BEATING MEXICO IN AZTECA.

But we defense was under no real pressure. We never really got bombarded. We got complacent from the possession we had. You could have seen Lawrence and Andrews just piddling (sp) about and taking it easy, so when the emergency arise we could not deal with it. There was one play where Avery made a tackle and the ball richoted off the attack. The play was just behind Lawrence to the side. Instead of him getting back in position and ensure that the defense was secure, he stand up watching out of position to see if the ball would go out. The attack run down the ball and only then he scamper back in to position. If something had developed out of that, again we would have been caught napping.

Birchall is fine to play, the defense have to stay focus and on task. Just like Makalele, when Birchall win the ball the first Option should be forward, if it's not on then you go back to the defender. The problem comes in when the defenders do not make themselves available in a time manner for Birchall to release a simple ball.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2009, 08:21:21 PM »

He suspended.

Tinto
Samuel.

4-4-2 is we best foundation formation. We can do anything from there. If we starting Yorke then we need a serious ball winner in the middle who can get Dwight the ball quickly.

Dahs my point. So de ball winner last night was spann then?  :-\

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2009, 09:38:17 PM »
-----------------------Ince--------------

--Carlos-------Dog----------Lawrence-----Avery

---------------Hyland-----Birchall

---Spann----------Yorke-------------Samuel

------------------Jones--------------

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2009, 09:43:20 PM »

I could live wit dat side. But sumting happen wit Hyland not d brudder death dat is y was not even on d bench. Go have 2 tap into meh network 2 c if I could get d story.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2009, 09:43:35 PM »

He suspended.

Imagine fans like us have to cry to our professional players not to bullshit in crucial games... :-\

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2009, 09:48:05 PM »

He suspended.

Imagine fans like us have to cry to our professional players not to bullshit in crucial games... :-\

We cryin because we care.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2009, 09:48:13 PM »
we go take over de azteca like de spanish armada. ;D
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2009, 09:48:28 PM »

I could live wit dat side. But sumting happen wit Hyland not d brudder death dat is y was not even on d bench. Go have 2 tap into meh network 2 c if I could get d story.

cool.. well if he cant play then i'll go with Noel or Theobald in the holding role alongside Birchy

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2009, 09:53:32 PM »

He suspended.

We cryin because we care.

who said we didnt care?

1]; } ?>