April 28, 2024, 06:47:27 PM

Author Topic: Trinis in Action (Oct 2-4, 2009)  (Read 16723 times)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Re: Manu v Sunderland ****Please Do not Move*******
« Reply #120 on: October 03, 2009, 03:16:11 PM »
Correct Socapro. This was bound to happen. No way KJ go jeopardize his multimillion dullah contract to fight up fuh T&T national pride only in C'Rica and geh injured plus bench by Bruce. Lose lose situation from his standpoint. That equals play with no effort or jess doh show up.

This is why I doh agree with Latas calling up the man to play when we cyah qualify for SA again in the last place.

Also Latas needs to learn from managers like Bruce! If a player is consistently not scoring for your team regardless of the excuses you bench him or better still give him a rest to show him that if you do not score as a striker your place or call up is not guaranteed. Starboy behaviour will soon disappear from our players if Latas learns this plus they will always give 100% when they are called back. Note I am not arguing that KJ wasn't giving his best for T&T eh but the man consistently not scoring and yuh still calling the man back and starting him every single time?  ???
Latas needs to learn the psychology of being a good manager and that is not how you get players to always give their best! That is how you award a man with loyalty just for being your friend and is called friendsim, just ask Palos!  ;)

Lets be serious...Kenwyne is not productive for TnT primarily because he is asked to play with the ball at his feet. It is not because he is not trying. He has never been a dribbler and, when playin for Sunderland, relies on the quality of the final ball played to him (which usually results in a header or a one-touch finish). That ability to provide an accurate cross or through ball is virtually non-existent amongst TnT's current band of players. If he is continually expected to beat two men and score, like Stern (a long time ago) or Latas, we will never get the best out of him.

Anyway, my point is that he should be called up to the national team and the attack should be built around him  i.e. - the onus should be on the supporting cast to provide him with the sort of opportunities that he is used to receiving at Sunderland, rather than have KJ adapt his game to suit the (limited) ability and vision of our current cast. If we are going to get it right by 2014 then why not start now.

We are beating a dead horse! Leave the man in Sunderland to continue the good showing he's having for them right now! As you yourself have said we do not have the players to feed KJ the service he needs to score so why continue flogging a dead horse?!
KJ has not scored all Hex same goes for JS, yet we've have had goals from other T&T players! This means its time to give others a chance and to stop flogging a dead horse!! SIMPLE, what is so difficult in that to understand?! When will Latas our head coach learn that undeserved loyalty to players does not work in management?! Just look at Bruce now in charge of Sunderland to learn how a top manager does work!!
Rebuilding starts now. We need the parts we going to be using now. Not 2 years from now.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 03, 2009, 03:19:26 PM »
Correct Socapro. This was bound to happen. No way KJ go jeopardize his multimillion dullah contract to fight up fuh T&T national pride only in C'Rica and geh injured plus bench by Bruce. Lose lose situation from his standpoint. That equals play with no effort or jess doh show up.

This is why I doh agree with Latas calling up the man to play when we cyah qualify for SA again in the last place.

Also Latas needs to learn from managers like Bruce! If a player is consistently not scoring for your team regardless of the excuses you bench him or better still give him a rest to show him that if you do not score as a striker your place or call up is not guaranteed. Starboy behaviour will soon disappear from our players if Latas learns this plus they will always give 100% when they are called back. Note I am not arguing that KJ wasn't giving his best for T&T eh but the man consistently not scoring and yuh still calling the man back and starting him every single time?  ???
Latas needs to learn the psychology of being a good manager and that is not how you get players to always give their best! That is how you award a man with loyalty just for being your friend and is called friendsim, just ask Palos!  ;)

Lets be serious...Kenwyne is not productive for TnT primarily because he is asked to play with the ball at his feet. It is not because he is not trying. He has never been a dribbler and, when playin for Sunderland, relies on the quality of the final ball played to him (which usually results in a header or a one-touch finish). That ability to provide an accurate cross or through ball is virtually non-existent amongst TnT's current band of players. If he is continually expected to beat two men and score, like Stern (a long time ago) or Latas, we will never get the best out of him.

Anyway, my point is that he should be called up to the national team and the attack should be built around him  i.e. - the onus should be on the supporting cast to provide him with the sort of opportunities that he is used to receiving at Sunderland, rather than have KJ adapt his game to suit the (limited) ability and vision of our current cast. If we are going to get it right by 2014 then why not start now.

We are beating a dead horse! Leave the man in Sunderland to continue the good showing he's having for them right now! As you yourself have said we do not have the players to feed KJ the service he needs to score so why continue flogging a dead horse?!
KJ has not scored all Hex same goes for JS, yet we've have had goals from other T&T players! This means its time to give others a chance and to stop flogging a dead horse!! SIMPLE, what is so difficult in that to understand?! When will Latas our head coach learn that undeserved loyalty to players does not work in management.

I disagree with u. You might see KJ as the problem, I see the problem being the quality of the service.

If we are going to qualify for Brazil, KJ has to be one of our key players. The supporting cast need to get used to playing in a system that is built around him. Whether we score 0,1,2 or 3 against CR is irrelevant. The main criticism of TnT is that we never look like a unit. How else are we gonna get there without picking a squad consistently and getting players comfortable with a system?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 03, 2009, 03:20:41 PM »

KJ has not scored all Hex same goes for JS, yet we've have had goals from other T&T players! This means its time to give others a chance and to stop flogging a dead horse!! SIMPLE, what is so difficult in that to understand?! When will Latas our head coach learn that undeserved loyalty to players does not work in management?! Just look at Bruce now in charge of Sunderland to learn how a top manager does work!!
Rebuilding starts now. We need the parts we going to be using now. Not 2 years from now.

Rubbish we need strikers who can score in the team we now have! We need to find other options other than KJ & JS that can score with these other players around them!!

Leave KJ in Sunderland and JS in Wigan if we have any sense and care for their future careers at their clubs!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 03:26:18 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 03, 2009, 03:25:46 PM »

Rubbish we need strikers who can score in the team we now have! We need to find other options other than KJ & JS that can score with these other players around them!!

Leave KJ in Sunderland and JS in Wigan if we have any sense and care for their future career at their clubs!

Yuh getting a lil carried away wid dis club vs country argument. Noone is sayin they should be jeopordizing their jobs. If thats what it comes down to then clearly when the result of the match does not matter, they should not be called if they so desire.

But, that aside, we should be calling KJ and getting the other players used to him, and to a certain style of play. Chopping and changing to squeeze out one or two goals in a meaningless match is not the best way forward.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 03, 2009, 03:28:50 PM »

Leave KJ in Sunderland and JS in Wigan if we have any sense and care for their future career at their clubs!

Yuh getting a lil carried away wid dis club vs country argument. Noone is sayin they should be jeopordizing their jobs. If thats what it comes down to then clearly when the result of the match does not matter, they should not be called if they so desire.

But, that aside, we should be calling KJ and getting the other players used to him, and to a certain style of play. Chopping and changing to squeeze out one or two goals in a meaningless match is not the best way forward.

What if KJ or JS is injured?!! We NEED to find other and hopefully BETTER options now!!
The search starts now!!
Again I say makes no sense calling him back now when it is too late to qualify!

The next two Hex games is basically meaningless to both KJ & JS but may mean a world of crucial Hex experience for one or two of our young strikers waiting to get their chance in a T&T shirt! We need to start blooding them from now!!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 03:33:45 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: Trinis in Action (Oct 2-4, 2009)
« Reply #125 on: October 03, 2009, 03:45:18 PM »
according to soccernet.com, wigan had 77% percent of possession....wth, and they still LOST?!?!

It can happen

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 03, 2009, 03:47:06 PM »

What if KJ or JS is injured?!! We NEED to find other and hopefully BETTER options now!!
The search starts now!!
Again I say makes no sense calling him back now when it is too late to qualify!

The next two Hex games is basically meaningless to both KJ & JS but may mean a world of crucial Hex experience for one or two of our young strikers waiting to get their chance in a T&T shirt! We need to start blooding them from now!!
:beermug:

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 03, 2009, 03:53:50 PM »
Fork Man U.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 03, 2009, 04:12:51 PM »
Week by week, Jones is playing better.

Bruce as manager has definitely improved the quality of Sunderland's play.

Not to mention getting Bent, which might be the best signing of the season thus far

I have to give Bruce he props. He really have dem playing like a team. He is still ah ass for personal reasons but like de boy can coach.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 03, 2009, 04:15:35 PM »
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline mysoccerson

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 03, 2009, 04:33:57 PM »
Here Here!! Welcome our new Bolton Fans.!!  8)
Live everyday as its your last

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 03, 2009, 05:11:26 PM »
Congrats KJ.

.........and walk with yuh scoring boots when yuh coming for these next 2 games.....

nah girl, he does only wear dat when he suitin up for sunderland. dem shoes to precious to wear for TnT  :-\

What boots he wore when he score 4 we v Cuba last yr?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 03, 2009, 05:35:41 PM »
Congrats KJ.

.........and walk with yuh scoring boots when yuh coming for these next 2 games.....

nah girl, he does only wear dat when he suitin up for sunderland. dem shoes to precious to wear for TnT  :-\

nah weary, ah doubt. i cant accept d fact dat we national  STRIKER eh score since LAS YEAR!!
dat eh makin sense to me. i doh expect him to score every match, but is over 6 months gone since he las score for we. dat is unacceptable
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 03, 2009, 05:39:17 PM »
Congrats KJ.

nah weary, ah doubt. i cant accept d fact dat we national  STRIKER eh score since LAS YEAR!!
dat eh makin sense to me. i doh expect him to score every match, but is over 6 months gone since he las score for we. dat is unacceptable

D reality is dat we strikers eh score much dis campaign. Last campaign only 1 striker score
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #135 on: October 03, 2009, 05:55:06 PM »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 03, 2009, 06:04:39 PM »
I am sorry Kev.... nothing personal.

But this thread will be moved sometime AFTER the Sunderland/Man U game.

I will work with you and try to leave it a bit longer than usual.

Take Care.

Flex... why not just give Sunderland its own thread as with the other EPL "Forever" threads?  Just a suggestion... that way Kev can just keep updating the thread every weekend instead of creating a new one, and KJ's exploits can separately be noted in the TIA thread.

Thanks.

EDIT: Just saw where others have made the same suggestion  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 03, 2009, 07:03:36 PM »

Haha so basically u was never a true Utd fan den :)

As if Torres doh complain constantly all game - all d sides have a least a couple men like dat yes.

Nah... you have to be on kicks. 

Torres does hardly ever complain... and he does take more abuse than any other top-flight forward in the EPL.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 03, 2009, 07:48:23 PM »
Here Here!! Welcome our new Bolton Fans.!!  8)

welcome... October 17th(United vs Bolton).....J'Lloyd would be an enemy/jamaican for 90 minutes(97 minutes for the haters) to me... But good luck this season after the 17th

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 03, 2009, 11:01:15 PM »

Haha so basically u was never a true Utd fan den :)

As if Torres doh complain constantly all game - all d sides have a least a couple men like dat yes.

Nah... you have to be on kicks. 

Torres does hardly ever complain... and he does take more abuse than any other top-flight forward in the EPL.

Really now:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2594655/Benitez-Shut-it-Fernando.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mwkLutFFi8&fmt=18

You think you got fouled and you complain - it's a normal reaction for most players - he may not be at the level of a Terry, but he doesn't 'hardly ever complain' either.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 09:17:25 AM by xixgon »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 03, 2009, 11:51:01 PM »
BM here..what colours Zamora wearing on he wrist??

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 03, 2009, 11:57:35 PM »
BM here/....what service did Mr Stern John Get for tnt ???

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 04, 2009, 03:56:06 AM »
I am A Bolton- Sunderland- Wigan fan. Just because we boys playing for them and my hope is that they stay up. Except of course when they play Chelsea and I always want the score 2-1 , sothat a T&T player can score.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 04, 2009, 08:41:06 AM »
Well just saw the match hilites on the Footy Show and just have to say that Braveheart GORN TRU......he mad no arse...........the FA should fine his arse...............the man is VERY disrespectful...............buh is OK he manages HENGLAND'S Team ;D ;D  :rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 08:51:54 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 04, 2009, 09:54:01 AM »
Exactly!

Leave KJ & JS for now to keep their clubs happy and lets start searching for the next Stern Johns from now in the two remaining Hex games!!

I am tired of beating a dead-horse and hearing the same excuses being given over & over like a reoccurring nightmare!

P.S.
Stern John has my eternal respect, he can come to my house and eat all my food and even try to sleep with my girl if he fancies (she will say no of course) and I will not be offended as maximum respect is due!!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 10:09:39 AM by Socapro »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #145 on: October 04, 2009, 10:23:53 AM »
So Stern wasn't special? OK. I thought Stern was special.

My mistake. We doh need midfielders at all. Just a new Stern John and 10 men to make up space.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 04, 2009, 12:19:05 PM »
according to soccernet.com, wigan had 77% percent of possession....wth, and they still LOST?!?!

Yuh shoulda see the game.  Their play in the final 3rd was horrific.  Bad passes, men shootin WAAAAYYYY overbars, wide, all kinda ting.  They had plenty possession true, but really didn't do much with it.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 04, 2009, 01:04:27 PM »
Like dis thread eh get merge  :whistling:

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 04, 2009, 02:24:43 PM »
So um Zamora didn't play today he wasn't even on the bench, any news there ???

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 04, 2009, 06:29:24 PM »
So um Zamora didn't play today he wasn't even on the bench, any news there ???

Is really a diabolical plot by he and he manager to diss T&T.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>