April 29, 2024, 01:09:34 AM

Author Topic: Zamora blank TT again.  (Read 4879 times)

Offline YoursTruly

Zamora blank TT again.
« on: October 04, 2009, 03:56:13 PM »
Back to work for Senior footballers.

It’s back to work for this country’s national senior team as they resume training at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Monday from 5pm in preparation for next Saturday’s away 2010 World Cup Qualifying match against Costa Rica in San Jose.

Russell Latapy will conduct two sessions on local soil before the team departs for San Jose on Wednesday afternoon.

Latapy has also made a couple changes from his original 22-man squad. Fuham striker Bobby Zamora is no longer on the list and he has been replaced by National Under 20 striker Juma Clarence who was the scorer of T&T’s goal in its 2-1 loss to Italy in Cairo at the Under 20 World Cup.

And W Connection midfielder Clyde Leon replaces Wigan Athletic’s Jason Scotland who is unable to return for the encounter.

The five Under 20 player in the squad are Leston Paul, Glenroy Samuel, Jake Thomson, Robert Primus and Clarence.

W Connection’s Shahdon Winchester has also been invited to be part of the squad.

“So far all the other players are beginning to assemble. Carlos Edwards, Kenwyne Jones  and Radanfah Abu Bakr are all here and Jlloyd Samuel comes in tomorrow (Monday),” team manager David Muhammad told TTFF Media.

“It appears that Bobby Zamora is injured once again and as such he is no longer on our list of invitees. We will have two sessions here before we head over to San Jose.”

Latapy meantime maintains that the “Soca Warriors” do not intend to lie down flat in its closing matches against Costa Rica and at home to Mexico on October 14.

“I expect every player to go in there and work hard every time they put on the jersey to demonstrate pride on the pitch,” he said in a fifa.com article.

"It's about national pride at this point. It's also about football. All of the lads in our dressing room are professionals, so we are inspired by two kinds of pride: national pride and professional pride, and they're both powerful."

“A powerful impulse, pride can be a massive motivator of men, footballers perhaps chief among them. Trinidad and Tobago's slim 1-0 loss against USA officially signaled the end of their charge for the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™. However, with two matches still to go T&T remain a proud band and are eager to start the long road to Brazil 2014 with a final push,” the fifa.com article continued.

Latapy added: “So although we're out, we know that every single game we play we're going to try to win it, and that's what we will continue to do. I think we need to become more ruthless in finishing games off and we have to take our opportunities. We have to make our dominance into winning performances."
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 07:25:12 PM by Flex »

Re: Zamora blank TT again
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 04:01:37 PM »
That is not surprising news. But I am happy for Juma.

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 04:10:13 PM »
latapy really have something against roberts two strikers pull out and roberts still cyar get ah call up

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 04:18:49 PM »
W Connection’s Shahdon Winchester has also been invited to be part of the squad.

Ah glad tuh see dis.

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 04:20:04 PM »
In Zamora's defence, he did actually miss Fulham's game today through injury.

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 04:24:33 PM »
In Zamora's defence, he did actually miss Fulham's game today through injury.
No, is all a grand scheme to fleck we up. Roy Hodgson in on it. He hate us.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 04:29:14 PM by Cool Beans »

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 04:37:55 PM »
latapy really have something against roberts two strikers pull out and roberts still cyar get ah call up
Roberts or one of he family MUST BE say sumting to Warner
It just doh make sense at all at all
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 05:26:19 PM »
This is really sad for Zamora i really don't know whats going on but he did say he was heart broken to be injured missing out on the game against his old team... but three times in a row come on man  :-\ Hmm what about JS why exactly isn't he making the trip ???
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 05:30:13 PM by Trinidogg »

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 06:26:22 PM »
This is really sad for Zamora i really don't know whats going on but he did say he was heart broken to be injured missing out on the game against his old team... but three times in a row come on man  :-\ Hmm what about JS why exactly isn't he making the trip ???

Would you make the trip back jes to sit on de bench fuh de national team when yuh now earn a startin spot on yuh club team?

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 06:28:08 PM »
Ah tink de headline of dis thread quite misleadin.

De man miss a very important game fuh he club agains he old club today due to injury.

But he "blank T&T again".  ::) 

Sometimes we could be real insecure boy.

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 06:31:50 PM »
that title need changing

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009, 07:16:14 PM »
that title need changing

That title is designed to encourage folks on here to keep pounding BZ!

What is nearer to the truth is that JS is more likely the one who blank we and BZ is genuinely injured and is simply unlucky again with the timing of his injury. I don't blame JS as I have been moaning about why Latas is calling him back at this stage when we can no longer qualify and JS needs to be getting his head down for his club.

At any rate neither absence really bothers me as its now an opportunity for two of our young upcoming strikers to replace them in the squad and to see if they can do the business in a T&T senior shirt while getting some crucial Hex experience.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 07:18:46 PM by Socapro »

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2009, 07:20:27 PM »
me eh ha to time to study whether Zamora injured or whether he blank we or any ah dat stupidness, it funny how england (like de US) eh even studying to give him ah cap to prevent him playing for we....more importantly, BIG UP MEL, large up yuhself, lil Fyzo-boy!
Latas better give him ah efffing run to advertise heself to get ah foreign contract and go on to bigger and better things, we go see.

Re: Zamora blank TT again.
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2009, 07:28:23 PM »
What, the young gun get ah invite. Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Ah feeling Rochford over Leon.

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2009, 08:06:38 PM »

Ah glad tuh see dis.

he could ah give britto ah call also

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 08:08:20 PM »

Would you make the trip back jes to sit on de bench fuh de national team when yuh now earn a startin spot on yuh club team?
Tru talks never agree with latapy doing that but glen not even there so i suspect he woulda start with KJ...

Offline dspfootballer

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2009, 08:35:27 PM »
I agree with SocaPro and many other who have the view of not rocking the boat with the foregin clubs at this stage.  That no Edwards, Jones, Jloyd, etc.  Latas should focus on developing a competitive strategy with the U20 players and local brand players, that will get a good result and allow U20 players to higher level.

On second, thought U20 have been together for months, way not use the whole squared with a good stretegy.

Regards

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 10:11:17 PM »

Latapy eh see him play, what you expect.

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 03:26:12 AM »

Latapy eh see him play, what you expect.
Ah hope yuh joking elan BC you have a degree in talking outa timin! but let meh ask yuh this! did beenhakker see evans wise play in the german 3rd division? did he go scotland and see collin samuels play, did he travel to the U.S. tuh see glenn and sealy play?

latas suppose tuh know bout darryl roberts Bc roberts played in the degicel the GC and two games for TNT and scored against bermuda in ah crucial must win game, plus he played with latas against the dominican rep in ah firendly @ the HSC, what more he want tuh see! latas is ah trifling dude , just trifling!

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 03:58:12 AM »
good fuh juma, ah hope he get ah sweeat come game time.

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009, 04:26:07 AM »
we on this board have a serious hard on for zamora boi,I hear more about zamora than some of our current players and he ent even playing....

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 06:20:56 AM »
Good call Latas.

We dont need to call Darryl Roberts at this time, for 2014 qualifiers definitely, but not now, give de youth a chance.

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009, 06:45:44 AM »
Good call Latas.

We dont need to call Darryl Roberts at this time, for 2014 qualifiers definitely, but not now, give de youth a chance.
I bet yuh anything, as long as latapy is the senoir team coach DR would never get ah call up to represent. BTW what would you say about hyland not getting called up and he of all ppl needs the caps for securing ah british move.

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2009, 09:37:55 AM »

Ah glad tuh see dis.

Y ent he runnin 4 Pres/Naps y he selected

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2009, 09:38:39 AM »
Ah tink de headline of dis thread quite misleadin.

De man miss a very important game fuh he club agains he old club today due to injury.

But he "blank T&T again".  ::) 

Sometimes we could be real insecure boy.

Sometimes

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2009, 09:39:14 AM »

Ah glad tuh see dis.

he could ah give britto ah call also

Ah call instead

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2009, 10:39:28 AM »

Ah glad tuh see dis.

I eh know why he went back tuh Naps, but he has been featuring for W-Connection this season, including de Champions League, and has been looking promising. I eh sure, but he may have made more first team appearances for W-Connection dan Britto has made for Jabloteh.

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2009, 11:03:58 AM »
whey Jlloyd Samuel taking ah run again? good to see that. we sure be in the squad for 2014

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2009, 11:09:09 AM »
somewhere in tt right now, big mag batting some babash in celebration of zamora's blanking of tt  :devil:

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2009, 08:56:10 PM »

Ah glad tuh see dis.

I eh know why he went back tuh Naps, but he has been featuring for W-Connection this season, including de Champions League, and has been looking promising. I eh sure, but he may have made more first team appearances for W-Connection dan Britto has made for Jabloteh.

Naps hassle him to return since their attack is relatively weak this year.