April 29, 2024, 01:09:34 AM

Author Topic: Zamora blank TT again.  (Read 4879 times)

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Zamora blank TT again.
« on: October 04, 2009, 03:56:13 PM »
Back to work for Senior footballers.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

It’s back to work for this country’s national senior team as they resume training at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Monday from 5pm in preparation for next Saturday’s away 2010 World Cup Qualifying match against Costa Rica in San Jose.

Russell Latapy will conduct two sessions on local soil before the team departs for San Jose on Wednesday afternoon.

Latapy has also made a couple changes from his original 22-man squad. Fuham striker Bobby Zamora is no longer on the list and he has been replaced by National Under 20 striker Juma Clarence who was the scorer of T&T’s goal in its 2-1 loss to Italy in Cairo at the Under 20 World Cup.

And W Connection midfielder Clyde Leon replaces Wigan Athletic’s Jason Scotland who is unable to return for the encounter.

The five Under 20 player in the squad are Leston Paul, Glenroy Samuel, Jake Thomson, Robert Primus and Clarence.

W Connection’s Shahdon Winchester has also been invited to be part of the squad.

“So far all the other players are beginning to assemble. Carlos Edwards, Kenwyne Jones  and Radanfah Abu Bakr are all here and Jlloyd Samuel comes in tomorrow (Monday),” team manager David Muhammad told TTFF Media.

“It appears that Bobby Zamora is injured once again and as such he is no longer on our list of invitees. We will have two sessions here before we head over to San Jose.”

Latapy meantime maintains that the “Soca Warriors” do not intend to lie down flat in its closing matches against Costa Rica and at home to Mexico on October 14.

“I expect every player to go in there and work hard every time they put on the jersey to demonstrate pride on the pitch,” he said in a fifa.com article.

"It's about national pride at this point. It's also about football. All of the lads in our dressing room are professionals, so we are inspired by two kinds of pride: national pride and professional pride, and they're both powerful."

“A powerful impulse, pride can be a massive motivator of men, footballers perhaps chief among them. Trinidad and Tobago's slim 1-0 loss against USA officially signaled the end of their charge for the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™. However, with two matches still to go T&T remain a proud band and are eager to start the long road to Brazil 2014 with a final push,” the fifa.com article continued.

Latapy added: “So although we're out, we know that every single game we play we're going to try to win it, and that's what we will continue to do. I think we need to become more ruthless in finishing games off and we have to take our opportunities. We have to make our dominance into winning performances."
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 07:25:12 PM by Flex »

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Zamora blank TT again
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 04:01:37 PM »
That is not surprising news. But I am happy for Juma.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 04:10:13 PM »
latapy really have something against roberts two strikers pull out and roberts still cyar get ah call up
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 04:18:49 PM »
W Connection’s Shahdon Winchester has also been invited to be part of the squad.

Ah glad tuh see dis.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 04:20:04 PM »
In Zamora's defence, he did actually miss Fulham's game today through injury.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 04:24:33 PM »
In Zamora's defence, he did actually miss Fulham's game today through injury.
No, is all a grand scheme to fleck we up. Roy Hodgson in on it. He hate us.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 04:29:14 PM by Cool Beans »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 04:37:55 PM »
latapy really have something against roberts two strikers pull out and roberts still cyar get ah call up
Roberts or one of he family MUST BE say sumting to Warner
It just doh make sense at all at all
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 05:26:19 PM »
This is really sad for Zamora i really don't know whats going on but he did say he was heart broken to be injured missing out on the game against his old team... but three times in a row come on man  :-\ Hmm what about JS why exactly isn't he making the trip ???
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 05:30:13 PM by Trinidogg »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 06:26:22 PM »
This is really sad for Zamora i really don't know whats going on but he did say he was heart broken to be injured missing out on the game against his old team... but three times in a row come on man  :-\ Hmm what about JS why exactly isn't he making the trip ???

Would you make the trip back jes to sit on de bench fuh de national team when yuh now earn a startin spot on yuh club team?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 06:28:08 PM »
Ah tink de headline of dis thread quite misleadin.

De man miss a very important game fuh he club agains he old club today due to injury.

But he "blank T&T again".  ::) 

Sometimes we could be real insecure boy.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 06:31:50 PM »
that title need changing
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009, 07:16:14 PM »
that title need changing

That title is designed to encourage folks on here to keep pounding BZ!

What is nearer to the truth is that JS is more likely the one who blank we and BZ is genuinely injured and is simply unlucky again with the timing of his injury. I don't blame JS as I have been moaning about why Latas is calling him back at this stage when we can no longer qualify and JS needs to be getting his head down for his club.

At any rate neither absence really bothers me as its now an opportunity for two of our young upcoming strikers to replace them in the squad and to see if they can do the business in a T&T senior shirt while getting some crucial Hex experience.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 07:18:46 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2009, 07:20:27 PM »
me eh ha to time to study whether Zamora injured or whether he blank we or any ah dat stupidness, it funny how england (like de US) eh even studying to give him ah cap to prevent him playing for we....more importantly, BIG UP MEL, large up yuhself, lil Fyzo-boy!
Latas better give him ah efffing run to advertise heself to get ah foreign contract and go on to bigger and better things, we go see.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
Re: Zamora blank TT again.
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2009, 07:28:23 PM »
What, the young gun get ah invite. Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Ah feeling Rochford over Leon.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2009, 08:06:38 PM »

Ah glad tuh see dis.

he could ah give britto ah call also
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 08:08:20 PM »

Would you make the trip back jes to sit on de bench fuh de national team when yuh now earn a startin spot on yuh club team?
Tru talks never agree with latapy doing that but glen not even there so i suspect he woulda start with KJ...

Offline dspfootballer

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2009, 08:35:27 PM »
I agree with SocaPro and many other who have the view of not rocking the boat with the foregin clubs at this stage.  That no Edwards, Jones, Jloyd, etc.  Latas should focus on developing a competitive strategy with the U20 players and local brand players, that will get a good result and allow U20 players to higher level.

On second, thought U20 have been together for months, way not use the whole squared with a good stretegy.

Regards

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 10:11:17 PM »

Latapy eh see him play, what you expect.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 03:26:12 AM »

Latapy eh see him play, what you expect.
Ah hope yuh joking elan BC you have a degree in talking outa timin! but let meh ask yuh this! did beenhakker see evans wise play in the german 3rd division? did he go scotland and see collin samuels play, did he travel to the U.S. tuh see glenn and sealy play?

latas suppose tuh know bout darryl roberts Bc roberts played in the degicel the GC and two games for TNT and scored against bermuda in ah crucial must win game, plus he played with latas against the dominican rep in ah firendly @ the HSC, what more he want tuh see! latas is ah trifling dude , just trifling!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 03:58:12 AM »
good fuh juma, ah hope he get ah sweeat come game time.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009, 04:26:07 AM »
we on this board have a serious hard on for zamora boi,I hear more about zamora than some of our current players and he ent even playing....

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 06:20:56 AM »
Good call Latas.

We dont need to call Darryl Roberts at this time, for 2014 qualifiers definitely, but not now, give de youth a chance.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009, 06:45:44 AM »
Good call Latas.

We dont need to call Darryl Roberts at this time, for 2014 qualifiers definitely, but not now, give de youth a chance.
I bet yuh anything, as long as latapy is the senoir team coach DR would never get ah call up to represent. BTW what would you say about hyland not getting called up and he of all ppl needs the caps for securing ah british move.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2009, 09:37:55 AM »

Ah glad tuh see dis.

Y ent he runnin 4 Pres/Naps y he selected
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2009, 09:38:39 AM »
Ah tink de headline of dis thread quite misleadin.

De man miss a very important game fuh he club agains he old club today due to injury.

But he "blank T&T again".  ::) 

Sometimes we could be real insecure boy.

Sometimes
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2009, 09:39:14 AM »

Ah glad tuh see dis.

he could ah give britto ah call also

Ah call instead

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2009, 10:39:28 AM »

Ah glad tuh see dis.

I eh know why he went back tuh Naps, but he has been featuring for W-Connection this season, including de Champions League, and has been looking promising. I eh sure, but he may have made more first team appearances for W-Connection dan Britto has made for Jabloteh.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2009, 11:03:58 AM »
whey Jlloyd Samuel taking ah run again? good to see that. we sure be in the squad for 2014

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2009, 11:09:09 AM »
somewhere in tt right now, big mag batting some babash in celebration of zamora's blanking of tt  :devil:

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2009, 08:56:10 PM »

Ah glad tuh see dis.

I eh know why he went back tuh Naps, but he has been featuring for W-Connection this season, including de Champions League, and has been looking promising. I eh sure, but he may have made more first team appearances for W-Connection dan Britto has made for Jabloteh.

Naps hassle him to return since their attack is relatively weak this year.

1]; } ?>