March 29, 2024, 02:17:05 AM

Author Topic: Pilots, crew in fistfight at 30,000 feet  (Read 5198 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Pilots, crew in fistfight at 30,000 feet
« on: October 05, 2009, 10:41:09 AM »
Cabin crew says a pilot molested a female staffer, leading to mid-air brawl

Air India has grounded four crew members after reports that they engaged in a fistfight at 30,000 feet above sea level, the Times of India reported on Monday.

India’s main airlines authority, the Directorate General of Civil Aviation, has also ordered a probe, the paper said.

"The airline didn't even inform us of this incident in time. We're going to summon the crew members on Monday. This incident is shocking and we may need to take exemplary action,” an official said.

The Airbus A-320 was flying over Pakistan, en route to New Delhi, from Sharjah when passengers witnessed the fight between two members of the cabin crew and two of the pilots.

According to the report, the cabin crew alleged that one of the female crew was molested by a pilot, which led to fighting in both the cockpit and the cabin.

The pilots, for their part, accused a male worker of misconduct that compromised flight safety, and said that the molestation claim was aimed to protect him.

Neither party has denied that blows were exchanged on board the plane, which was carrying 106 passengers.

Sources told the Times of India that the female cabin crew member and the co-pilot sustained bruises.

The police are investigating the woman's complaint.

"There are several eyewitnesses and we are recording their statements," a spokesman said.

soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: Pilots, crew in fistfight at 30,000 feet
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 10:42:03 AM »
them takin this mile high club to ah next level. ;D

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 11:38:30 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: oh shims, this is funny!  :rotfl: :rotfl:
So many tories, so little time!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 01:54:57 PM by Queen Macoomeh »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 07:18:21 PM »
madness yes,imagine yuh peacefully watchin ah movie at 30,00 feet...meanwhile de pilot colleckin some hard sliap and de flight attendants dancin around a tree
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 02:46:58 PM »
no cutlass fly?

somebody go drink gramaxone because of this.

watch and see.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 03:57:16 PM »
no cutlass fly?

watch and see.
indian tonic

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 08:26:35 AM »
you ever try it capo?

i hear it is go down real good with curry tabanca.

for the youths who eh know this classic:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/lG5lHG5dAoE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/lG5lHG5dAoE</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 11:03:30 AM »
you ever try it capo?

i hear it is go down real good with curry tabanca.

for the youths who eh know this classic:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/lG5lHG5dAoE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/lG5lHG5dAoE</a>

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 12:09:48 PM »

Before reading it I thought it would  be funny too... but I think there's more to it.  Sounds like one of the pilots touched a female flight attendant inappropriately and one of her male counterparts took up her cause with the pilot in question.  Good for him. 

Choosing to do it while the plane was in the air kinda foolish though, hence the pilots circling the wagon and accusing him of "misconduct that compromised flight safety".

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 12:26:27 PM »

Before reading it I thought it would  be funny too... but I think there's more to it.  Sounds like one of the pilots touched a female flight attendant inappropriately and one of her male counterparts took up her cause with the pilot in question.  Good for him. 

Choosing to do it while the plane was in the air kinda foolish though, hence the pilots circling the wagon and accusing him of "misconduct that compromised flight safety".

I'm still seeing this as pretty funny. But in rebuttal, wouldn't the pilot's actions be the ones that was a misconduct compromising the flight's safety?. He touched the attendant in mid air. I'm not sure I would have the patience to wait quietly until we land to air the complaint. The first thing I imagine I would be asked is "Why didn't you do anything at the time?"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 03:16:18 PM »
no cutlass fly?

watch and see.
indian tonic

::) ::) ::)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2009, 04:36:48 PM »
I'm still seeing this as pretty funny. But in rebuttal, wouldn't the pilot's actions be the ones that was a misconduct compromising the flight's safety?. He touched the attendant in mid air. I'm not sure I would have the patience to wait quietly until we land to air the complaint. The first thing I imagine I would be asked is "Why didn't you do anything at the time?"

There are elements of humor to the incident no doubt... I not trying to be self-righteous about it.  Some of that I think has to do with the fact that they are Indians and some ah we (not necessarily you) done see dat as ah jokey scene, Indians flying plane.

I think that if true then the pilot's actions precipitated the incident, but hard to accuse him of creating the air hazard.  He realistically might have expected the offended lady to react, but was it foreseeable that his actions would precipitate a mid-air brawl compromising the safety of all on board?  Perhaps... but less likely the case methinks.  It was misconduct, but in of itself didn't compromise the safe operation of the airplane... the fight did because it involved the entire flight crew apparently, or was disruptive enough to distract the entire crew from focusing on their duties.

I think waiting until the plane landed would have been the more prudent path.  Whether one would have had the patience isn't really a factor in considering what the best course of action might be.  Not sure what Indian air regulations are, but if they're anything like the US, there are steep penalties for causing a disturbance aboard an aircraft.  Of the two elements to the incident I think the actions of the second guy more closely falls under the rubric of causing a disturbance.

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2009, 07:32:57 PM »

There are elements of humor to the incident no doubt... I not trying to be self-righteous about it.  Some of that I think has to do with the fact that they are Indians and some ah we (not necessarily you) done see dat as ah jokey scene, Indians flying plane.

I think that if true then the pilot's actions precipitated the incident, but hard to accuse him of creating the air hazard.  He realistically might have expected the offended lady to react, but was it foreseeable that his actions would precipitate a mid-air brawl compromising the safety of all on board?  Perhaps... but less likely the case methinks.  It was misconduct, but in of itself didn't compromise the safe operation of the airplane... the fight did because it involved the entire flight crew apparently, or was disruptive enough to distract the entire crew from focusing on their duties.

I think waiting until the plane landed would have been the more prudent path.  Whether one would have had the patience isn't really a factor in considering what the best course of action might be.  Not sure what Indian air regulations are, but if they're anything like the US, there are steep penalties for causing a disturbance aboard an aircraft.  Of the two elements to the incident I think the actions of the second guy more closely falls under the rubric of causing a disturbance.

Why is that funny in itself B n S?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2009, 07:40:38 PM »

Where did I say it was funny?

I pray for our public schools.

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2009, 08:10:00 PM »

Where did I say it was funny?

I pray for our public schools.

Breds, why you have to make things drawn out? You said,

Now if you want to exclude yourself from that statement, thats fine. I not trying to start no drawn out back and forth.

Nevertheless, my initial question still stands, what about the concept seems funny in itself?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 08:31:56 PM »
Breds, why you have to make things drawn out?

Now if you want to exclude yourself from that statement, thats fine. I not trying to start no drawn out back and forth.

Nevertheless, my initial question still stands, what about the concept seems funny in itself?

Well let me make it even more succinct... why de f**k yuh asking me??

Are you not aware of the Third World stereotypes that India is breaking its neck to shake free of?

Did you miss the insinuations in Capo and Andre's posts?  Clearly some find the Indian angle funny why not ask them?

Is not rocket science....

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 08:45:49 PM »
Breds, why you have to make things drawn out?

Well let me make it even more succinct... why de f**k yuh asking me??

Are you not aware of the Third World stereotypes that India is breaking its neck to shake free of?

Did you miss the insinuations in Capo and Andre's posts?  Clearly some find the Indian angle funny why not ask them?

Is not rocket science....

I believe that I have a fairly good idea of where the others stand on the issue having read their posts for the past few years. Your position was/is not that clear to me, hence the reason I asked you.

Anyhows, goodnight.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 08:53:00 PM by noname »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2009, 08:57:32 PM »
I believe that I have a fairly good idea of where the others stand on the issue having read their posts for the past few years. Your position was/is not that clear to me, hence the reason I asked you.

Anyhows, goodnight.

It's not that clear because you don't want it to be clear... from my very first response in this thread I made it clear that the humor element was minimal to me.  I later went on to explain that I'm not judging anyone for finding humor in the story, and that I could see how "some ah we" could find the fact that the story involves Indians to be funny.  I never said nor implied that I shared in that view... yet you dey grilling like yuh hoping fuh ah 'gotcha' moment.

Yuh eh see some ah all yuh does look fuh cuss.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2009, 09:30:25 PM »
I'm not much for race jokes so the Indian part didn't occur to me. It's the 'where' of this incident is what got me giggling. It was incongruous. Like a brawl in a church or heavy metal music at a funeral. The place made it funny.
As for the rest of it BS...as a female, I'm not waiting for anything to land. I will immediately report the incident to my superior. If I am the chief attendant then that pilot better not ask me to bring him some orange juice because it will taste funny. I'm taking my champion to lunch when we land.
Had the pilot not done it, the fight would not have happened.
Sometimes those rules and precedents do not work well for the victim and seem to protect the wrong-doer.

:rotfl: :rotfl: man I could just imagine the faces of the passengers when the feathers started to fly!  :rotfl:

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2009, 09:34:43 PM »
I'm not much for race jokes so the Indian part didn't occur to me. It's the 'where' of this incident is what got me giggling. It was incongruous. Like a brawl in a church or heavy metal music at a funeral. The place made it funny.
As for the rest of it BS...as a female, I'm not waiting for anything to land. I will immediately report the incident to my superior. If I am the chief attendant then that pilot better not ask me to bring him some orange juice because it will taste funny. I'm taking my champion to lunch when we land.
Sometimes those rules and precedents do not work well for the victim and seem to protect the wrong-doer.

:rotfl: :rotfl: man I could just imagine the faces of the passengers when the feathers started to fly!  :rotfl:
well said
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2009, 09:58:47 PM »

No one said the flight attendant had to wait for the plane to land... I think confronting the cad and reporting the issue right then and there is fine.  Starting a fight mid-air is not.  Any number of things could have gone wrong during that flight which might have caused the plane to crash killing all on board.  I really can't see how this act of "chivalry" couldn't have waited until the plane was safely on the ground... and can't for the life of me see how jeopardizing the lives of everyone on board was a suitable response to offensive touching.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2009, 08:50:02 AM »
Yes, granted. It could have turned into a deadly affair (no pun) but it didn't. It was simply funny to me. Had people died, I would not have found it amusing. Yes, the champion jeopardized people's lives. But I can see how it can happen, all legalities and rules aside. People (re)act then think often. While regulations are hard and fast, people are not.

I would probably not slap a brain surgeon in the middle of surgery if he decided to cop a feel. The surgeon should know better. I would like to send the scalpel elsewhere but for the sake of the patient I'll hold strain, then crown the fool with a bed pan.

I really can't see why this act of "un-chilvalry" couldn't have waited until the plane was safely on the ground...or not at all.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2009, 11:37:23 AM »

Just to be clear, I'm not chastising anyone for seeing humor in the incident... judging from your opening paragraph it seems as though you think I have issues with you or anyone else finding the situation funny... I don't, because I don't personally see the humor doesn't mean it isn't there.

That aside I find the logic in your argument wanting... I must say.  Just because the plane didn't crash, does that mean that the path chosen by the "champion" was the right path.  Neither does the fact that people sometimes act impulsively... often you find that the impulsive reaction is the wrong reaction either because we don't have all the information or haven't sufficiently weighed the consequences of our actions.  There is always room for flexibility in the application of the law, but I don't think that we could set "legalities and rules aside"... it is precisely because people aren't hard and fast as you put it, that we need consistent rules to govern their behavior.  But this is all theorethical... we can just agree to disagree.

p.s.  Just in brief response to something you said earlier... I never saw Capo or Andre's response as being 'racist'... when I mentioned the "Indian angle" I meant their nationality as Indians.  "Indian" isn't a race... except to us Trinis.  Perhaps this too is what's confusing my friend, noname.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2009, 01:13:15 PM »
No well...I'm not feeling chastised at all. My opening paragraph was a response to the thread rather than a particular person. Then I responded to the slant you and I were discussing. Half the time I don't even read who said it but just respond to what was said. Yes, humour is in the guffaw of the beholder so I'm not concerned with that part. We Trinis laugh at the oddest things.

Logic doesn't really play a part in humour though. It's an instant, knee jerk reaction. In fact, once you start dissecting humour, it gorn troo. Sometimes people laugh out loud at the most inopportune, inappropraite times.
But you only got a part of my response correct though. I said no one was hurt which made it funny to me. I am, quite simply amused. We agree that impulse isn't always right or logical, s'why they call it impulse.
Didn't suggest we set legalities and rules aside. They are quite helpful - but not always. They sometimes stifle the right with the wrong. A next fella might tell the co-pilot 'boy hold de joystick while I buss two lavantile slap in dis man!" 30,000 feet be damned!

Shoot, I'm starting to giggle again. Nah boy this is a See Nen Nen tory.

Ps...see first paragraph. We Trinis also rename and mis-name things and yet we all know what we mean. We have it like that. We're not known for splitting hairs. Everybody other than 'us' is called a 'dem'.

We done?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2009, 01:51:02 PM »
No well...I'm not feeling chastised at all. My opening paragraph was a response to the thread rather than a particular person. Then I responded to the slant you and I were discussing. Half the time I don't even read who said it but just respond to what was said. Yes, humour is in the guffaw of the beholder so I'm not concerned with that part. We Trinis laugh at the oddest things.

Logic doesn't really play a part in humour though. It's an instant, knee jerk reaction. In fact, once you start dissecting humour, it gorn troo. Sometimes people laugh out loud at the most inopportune, inappropraite times.
But you only got a part of my response correct though. I said no one was hurt which made it funny to me. I am, quite simply amused. We agree that impulse isn't always right or logical, s'why they call it impulse.
Didn't suggest we set legalities and rules aside. They are quite helpful - but not always. They sometimes stifle the right with the wrong. A next fella might tell the co-pilot 'boy hold de joystick while I buss two lavantile slap in dis man!" 30,000 feet be damned!

Shoot, I'm starting to giggle again. Nah boy this is a See Nen Nen tory.

Ps...see first paragraph. We Trinis also rename and mis-name things and yet we all know what we mean. We have it like that. We're not known for splitting hairs. Everybody other than 'us' is called a 'dem'.

We done?

Yes... well except for the bit about logic being inapplicable to humor.  Wasn't exploring the basis (logical or not) in whatever humor was present.  In fact I agree with your paraphrase of E.B. White's famous admonishment that "Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but the thing dies in the process..."

I also disagree that even among Trinis we all know what each other mean... I'll wait for noname to confirm, but I'm pretty certain he didn't understand my reference to "Indian flying plane"...

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2009, 07:02:08 PM »
A fight at 30000ft ent easy, I was on a flight when that happen, an American service man and a drunk Georgian fortunately the rest of drunk Georgians did not jump in. The 6' 2" American woulda kill them.
Ah want de woman on de bass

truetrini

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2009, 07:58:56 AM »
no cutlass fly?

watch and see.
indian tonic

::) ::) ::)

nice video dey AS

Israel Vibration was alwasya fave of mine.

You ddo know they formed after meeting in a Polio clinic in Jamaica right?

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2009, 12:58:28 PM »
If somebody "molest" or fondle or do any kinda physical sexual harassment to a female....that person is responsible for any violent reaction that results.

But dais just me.  That pilot look for whatever cuff he get.  If he did take the cuff and cool he self maybe it wouldn't have no brawl.  I sure he himself fight back considering the boldface mindset he was already in.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 01:41:02 PM by dcs »

1]; } ?>