April 27, 2024, 11:05:55 AM

Poll

If you were coaching T&T, who would you start at right back vs Mexico?

Atiba Charles
13 (46.4%)
Cyd Gray
1 (3.6%)
Anton Pierre
1 (3.6%)
Chris Birchall
2 (7.1%)
Carlos Edwards
8 (28.6%)
Kenwyne Jones
3 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: October 15, 2005, 10:02:19 PM

Author Topic: Who should start at right back tomorrow?  (Read 1690 times)

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Who should start at right back tomorrow?
« on: October 11, 2005, 10:02:19 PM »
Spann's suspension must be giving Beenie serious headaches right about now.  We need to be extremely tight in the back in the game, we can't afford to concede anything because goals are never easy to come by against Mexico.
I found it very interesting how Beenie decided to play Spann at right back even though he is a natual center midfielder.  It tells me that he doesn't have much confidence in the others in this role.
Here are the options in my opinion:

1. Atiba - had the position locked down at one point and was doing quite well with it.  From all acounts he played well against Costa Rica, Panama and in the away match to Mexico.  But he hasn't been the same since Beenie benched him for Cyd in the Gold Cup.  He looked poor 1st half against the US and didn't even make the final 18 in the last game.  Is he in the Dog house?  Unfit? Out of form?  Only Beenie knows.

2. Cyd Gray - Performance in the Gold Cup led to many creative smart comments on this board, but he has managed to stick around the team even if only because of injuries to Sancho and Cox.  This man must be a practice field galatico for Beenie to stick with him.  Just doesn't seem to have the mental toughness to handle pressure which makes him a huge risk to play in this must win game.

3. Pierre - Natural centerback hasn't played for T&T for what seems like an eternity.  Can't see him starting now.

4. Birchall - Seems to possess some of the same qualities as Spann which could enable him to make the transition to right back for this game - fighting spirit, good tackling ability, decent passer, ability to interchange with Edwards on the right side and push forward, cross etc.  The only problem is we need a ball winner/hustler in the middle with Yorke and I'm not convinced that Whitely or Theobald would be as effective in this role.

5. Edwards - Can play the right back position effectively as he has done for his club before but his creativity and attacking instincts are probably needed more in the attacking half as we need to score goals to win.  I would keep him in his natural position or play him as right wing back if we switch to 3-5-2.

6. Jones - Played an effective right wing back in the early part of the campaign but hasn't played or trained in that position for about a year.  May be too difficult to make that transition now.  Besides we need his attacking instincts up front even if its only as a 2nd half sub.  His height could create havoc in the Mexican defense.

Who is it going to be?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 01:58:12 PM by Tallman »

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who should start at right back tomorrow?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 10:03:56 PM »
Tiba.

Kenwyne should be saved for the forward inpetus later on.
He will cause the Mexicans planty problems with his size and "Wanchope" style of play.

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 10:10:12 PM »
    Atiba all the way! Jones must start in place of Theobald, cyah flicking wait until we losing or until it have 20 mins to go we have to START AND PLAY AND REMAIN STRONG. Jones for left mid-wing.

Jason.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 10:12:10 PM »
U cyah wait till we losing????
Boss....

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 10:18:15 PM »
    No Trini that is how Beener does make it seem, is only when we in dire need he does ever bring on Jones, so I telling all yuh Jones must START and not wait for Theobald to waste a whole 45 mins etc. every minute counts attack at full force at once!! Whitley is also decent for left mid.

Latas must play just behind Jones and Stern and he can pass it to Edwards and Yorke in that way we have 5 attacking people!

Jason.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 05:31:29 AM »

Latas must play just behind Jones and Stern and he can pass it to Edwards and Yorke in that way we have 5 attacking people!

Jason.

five attacking people against one of de top ten teams in de world? Dat is ah lot of defending for birchal to do in midfield!

interesting jason!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 07:11:54 AM »
I agree with the suggestion that Jones should start on the left instead of Theobald, he has the work rate to get it done from the start.  Scotland could be the first forward off the bench. 

If Whitley could hold down the middle with Yorke, then I think Birchall should play right back..we know he will put in his best effort and is versatile / professional enough to make the adjustment..

Leh we go wit ...

Jack

Birchall        Andrews         Lawrence       Avery

Edwards         Whitley        Yorke         Jones

Latas

Stern

Dat WITHOUT A DOUBT is the BEST XI we have....let's go Warriors..
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 09:34:13 AM »
sadly the tandem betweenb carlos an spann is broken up AGAIN but with that said i saw atiba reall play with carlos in the costa rica game an i think the first panama game he defends well an plays well too so i really hope is he

hope beenie go wit 4 4 2 an leave latas out wide left an yorke left center mid that way they go link up easier than eve
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 09:47:49 AM »
I personally find KJ should be a sub, jus because a man does come on and have an impact, that doe mean he will have the same impact as a starter.
take Glen in the Gold Cyp for example, sub = goal, start on the left wing = anonymous and get subbed.

KJ have to come on to add a a spark up front if we need it.

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 10:18:38 AM »
Cyar stick a man of Latas calibre on a (left) flank...Latas best role is a a 'rover' between the mid and front line..give him freedom to roam and create...Latas en running down no flank and crossin!
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 11:53:07 AM »
U have to realize age and fitness is a factor with latas
ona flank he is allowed to rest
he doh have the legs to run a full 90 in the middle any more.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2005, 11:53:54 AM »
so what he does do fuh he club ???
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

1]; } ?>