April 26, 2024, 01:49:10 AM

Author Topic: Jlloyd out of Costa Rica trip  (Read 10734 times)

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Jlloyd out of Costa Rica trip
« on: October 06, 2009, 09:58:40 AM »
Latapy focused on match at hand

Issued by Shaun Fuentes, TTFF Media Officer, October 6,2009

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Russell Latapy will lead the National Senior Team into San Jose on Wednesday night for what has all the ingredients to be an eventful 2010 World Cup Qualifying match against Costa Rica on Saturday.

After all, T&T’s chance of qualifying for South Africa 2010 are no longer alive but the “Ticos” are in a desperate must win situation and guess who’s in charge of them for this crucial encounter – none other than Brazilian-born Rene Simoes, a man who will be all too familiar with a situation like this present one. It was Simoes who led T&T to a shock 1-0 win over Honduras on October 7,2001 which crushed the Central American’s hopes of advancing to the 2002 World Cup. And now Simoes comes up with Russell Latapy as his opposite number. Dwight Yorke will also be in San Jose as an assistant to the former FC Porto star. The dynamic T&T duo retired from international football shortly after Simoes took charge of the T&T team in 2001, prior to a World Cup qualifier against Jamaica at the Queen’s Park Oval.

When asked by local reporters whether he had any of the events of that period in 2001, Latapy simply, nodded, saying it was history and he was focused on the match at hand.

“That is the way football is and that is the way life is. Sometimes in a particular situation you don’t always see eye to eye and you voice your opinion and the other party also has the right to voice their opinion. That was in 2001 and we’re now in 2009. He has a job to do for his employers and I also have a job to do for my nation so that’s all I’m going to be concentrating on,” Latapy said.

Another memory that will be around, both with those in the current squad and the ones not here at present, is the passing of former striker Mickey Trotman. Last Thursday marked eight years to the day the former Miami Fusion forward lost his life in a vehicular accident leading up to T&T’s away victory over the Hondurans.

Latapy  was also asked on Monday as to what extent he was now looking towards the shaping of the national team for 2014 Brazil.

“It is the future and we always look forward towards the future. It would be a situation that at the end of this game I would have to sit down with the powers that be and try to figure out exactly where we go from here. It’s a situation where if I’m as to continue I’d be delighted to. But first things first is for us to get these two games out of the way and then we can deal with all the other issues,” Latapy added.

A 22-man squad will travel to San Jose minus Bolton Wanderers defender Jlloyd Samuel who pulled up with a groin strain in practice. It means that National Under 17 player Shahdon Winchester will get his first experience of traveling and training overseas with a Senior national team after being invited by Latapy to train in the sessions at home this week.

“We want to give some of the younger players the experience of playing at this level.  It is very possible (that they can play on Saturday). They are here and they are training. My job is to put the best possible eleven on the pitch and to have the best squad available. Based on how the players perform in training, I will pick the best team possible for the pitch. I’m happy to say that the players are showing that they understand that it’s an honour at all times to represent the country y and to play with passion and pride.”

T&T Under 20 captain Leston Paul is among the younger ones getting the opportunity to rub shoulders with the likes of Kenwyne Jones, Carlos Edwards and Dennis Lawrence in an official World Cup qualifying scenario.

“It’s a pleasure always to be called up to a senior team. I was invited in the past but now being here with the rest of the players going into a World Cup qualifier against Costa Rica is definitely something more intense and of a higher experience. I’m looking forward to it especially having come back home from the Under 20 World Cup. I don’t think there is anything else myself and the other under 20 players could have asked for as a follow up to the World Cup in Egypt,” Paul told TTFF Media on Tuesday.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jlloyd out of Costa Rica trip
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 10:00:45 AM »
shocking!!!!  :devil:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 10:08:40 AM »
A 22-man squad will travel to San Jose minus Bolton Wanderers defender Jlloyd Samuel who pulled up with a groin strain in practice.

Practice where I wonder?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Automan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 10:12:57 AM »
dat ok(no Jlloyd),  we cap he alreddy....    more chance for the young one to impress

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 10:47:31 AM »
Something fishie about this. Say what.

It might work our for the better, maybe Uriah Bentick should be called in. Or Akeem Adams.

But we must becareful because teams might say we selling out. So we cant call only young players. FIFA might get involved ? but wait, Jack owns FIFA, then go ahead call who yuh want Latas, yuh safe.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 10:57:38 AM »
A 22-man squad will travel to San Jose minus Bolton Wanderers defender Jlloyd Samuel who pulled up with a groin strain in practice.

Practice where I wonder?

At Boldon trainin ground where else. I wonder when he got injured?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 11:27:02 AM »
Groin strain  ::)
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 11:35:46 AM »

A groin pull is an injury to the muscles of the inner thigh. The groin muscles, called the "adductor muscle" group, consists of six muscles that span the distance from the inner pelvis to the inner part of the femur (thigh bone). These muscles pull the legs together, and also help with other movements of the hip joint. The adductor muscles are important to many types of athletes including sprinters, swimmers, soccer players, and football players.

•Grade I Groin Strain: Mild discomfort, often no disability. Usually does not limit activity.

•Grade II Groin Strain: Moderate discomfort, can limit ability to perform activities such as running and jumping. May have moderate swelling and bruising associated.

•Grade III Groin Strain: Severe injury that can cause pain with walking. Often patients complain of muscle spasm, swelling, and significant bruising.

So I guess he have a grade 3. Get well soon
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 11:50:19 AM »

A groin pull is an injury to the muscles of the inner thigh. The groin muscles, called the "adductor muscle" group, consists of six muscles that span the distance from the inner pelvis to the inner part of the femur (thigh bone). These muscles pull the legs together, and also help with other movements of the hip joint. The adductor muscles are important to many types of athletes including sprinters, swimmers, soccer players, and football players.

•Grade I Groin Strain: Mild discomfort, often no disability. Usually does not limit activity.

•Grade II Groin Strain: Moderate discomfort, can limit ability to perform activities such as running and jumping. May have moderate swelling and bruising associated.

•Grade III Groin Strain: Severe injury that can cause pain with walking. Often patients complain of muscle spasm, swelling, and significant bruising.

Not necessarily. At this high level of performance a grade I-II strain will be enough to keep an athlete out for a game or two.
TnT Patriot

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 12:29:54 PM »

Not necessarily. At this high level of performance a grade I-II strain will be enough to keep an athlete out for a game or two.

Just assumin d worse

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 01:55:43 PM »
i feel this is a "club-advised-meaningless-game-so-report-an-injury-and-save-yourself-the-trip" injury.
fergie players is do it all the time for international friendlies then be fit for the next club match.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 03:01:54 PM »
i feel this is a "club-advised-meaningless-game-so-report-an-injury-and-save-yourself-the-trip" injury.
fergie players is do it all the time for international friendlies then be fit for the next club match.

Zamora doing it for all of his senior international career.  ::)
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 03:04:42 PM »

Zamora doing it for all of his senior international career.  ::)

Zamora only wish he had ah international career

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2009, 04:07:33 PM »
Not to mention World Cup Play-offs in Iran  ::)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2009, 04:11:27 PM »
jlloyd is definitly an asset fuh them warriors.you will b missed.fuk ttff.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2009, 04:14:15 PM »
jlloyd is definitly an asset fuh them warriors.you will b missed.f**k ttff.

D man injured what dat have 2 do wit d ttff?

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2009, 04:20:41 PM »
jloyd,, get well soon pappy!!  :beermug:
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2009, 04:28:39 PM »

fuk ttff.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2009, 04:31:16 PM »

f**k ttff.

OK CAPO IZ D TTFF FAULT

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2009, 05:52:27 PM »

f**k ttff.

OK CAPO IZ D TTFF FAULT

I agree w/Capo
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2009, 06:08:36 PM »
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2009, 06:57:16 PM »
Hard luck Samuel. heard in was in TnT

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2009, 09:00:32 PM »
BM HERE .....MAMA

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2009, 05:30:50 AM »
Well "The Fearless One" just revealed the real reason Jlloyd is not coming.  Arrangements for his airline ticket were not made in time.  Apparently there was some bungling by the team manager David Muhammad.....

The Fearless One also revealed that the players are given pizza and KFC after games.....I guess that's an improvement cuz from reports on here back in the day they only used to get water.... :-\ :-\

I hope that Muhummad guy is not retained as team manager after next week......he was an abject failure....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2009, 05:37:47 AM »
Brownsugar herein lies the problem- Foreign food - Pizza and KFC. Why not a good chicken roti with a bake/shark- slight pepper. Some one said that the players asked for a crab and dumplin when they played in Tobago and they were denied that delicasy , hence the narrow loss

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2009, 05:56:18 AM »
Well "The Fearless One" just revealed the real reason Jlloyd is not coming.  Arrangements for his airline ticket were not made in time.  Apparently there was some bungling by the team manager David Muhammad.....

The Fearless One also revealed that the players are given pizza and KFC after games.....I guess that's an improvement cuz from reports on here back in the day they only used to get water.... :-\ :-\

I hope that Muhummad guy is not retained as team manager after next week......he was an abject failure....

Papayo! look ting.

Anyway, look, with Samuel out, we are weak at both wing backs, again, our historical weakness. Costa Rica is relentless with wing attack and uses speed too. So lumbering slow stoppers in that postion will not cut it.
Need Adams, Avery, Cyd, Nigel Daniel or players in that category who won't just at beats and make the whole formation collapse
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2009, 06:39:46 AM »

Y d Peter Principle iz we M.O. So he go b Napoleon Manager 4 life

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2009, 06:57:01 AM »
Brownsugar herein lies the problem- Foreign food - Pizza and KFC. Why not a good chicken roti with a bake/shark- slight pepper. Some one said that the players asked for a crab and dumplin when they played in Tobago and they were denied that delicasy , hence the narrow loss

Correct meh if ah wrong eh, but yuh implying that the the team lorse de game in 'bago cause dey eh get no crab n dumplin...papa yo, well look thing  ;D
man shoulda stop off by brownsugar pregame lime on de way to de game and get fix up... ;D
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2009, 07:06:57 AM »
Some one said that the players asked for a crab and dumplin when they played in Tobago and they were denied that delicasy , hence the narrow loss
:devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2009, 08:51:02 AM »

Correct meh if ah wrong eh, but yuh implying that the the team lorse de game in 'bago cause dey eh get no crab n dumplin...papa yo, well look thing  ;D
man shoulda stop off by brownsugar pregame lime on de way to de game and get fix up... ;D

......and ah was right around the corner from the Stadium so they didn't have far to go.... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>