April 28, 2024, 06:37:44 AM

Author Topic: Keane: I have no respect for Dwight Yorke  (Read 6371 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Keane: I have no respect for Dwight Yorke
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2009, 11:09:46 PM »
Bruce is ah ass but Keane is a C$nt.

Given the choice what yuh go push yuh "toe-tee" in? Ass or c$nt? Keane it is, oui!

:rotfl:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2009, 12:21:31 AM »
I don't think Keane has a forgiving nature. 

I personally think it probably stems from him going a out on a bit of a limb for DW for another contract, which nothing has been said but some sort of deal was worked out.  I know the owners weren't particularly keen given his age.  He then had him unretiring from international football and the text message off him asking / telling him to stay over (can't remember which it was tbh). 

Top and bottom of it is Keane probably thinks DW took the piss and let him down.  Given Keanes nature not surprised by the comment, but given one of your own not surprised by some of the comments here aswell. 

He must be short of money because what he is doing at the minute is crass or classless depending on your view.  Personally can never understand why people do it, but the more you have the more you want seemingly.

kinda differ with you on the slant of that...

yes yorke got a new contract but wasn't it with assurances regarding playing time? keane wanted the man to stay in Sunderland for games he was not even included in the squad for, when yorke wanted to get games in with the national team..

nonetheless, all that doesn't really change the fact that Keane is more than a few cucumbers short of a salad..

there is nothing in Yorke's account that seems far fetched from the truth, and it doesnt even seem that keane is trying to refute..

also, alot of what yorke says about keane's management style just confirms what has already been offered right here on this forum from posters who don't even know what goes on behind the scenes but can read the signs.. Doesn't seem like Keane is management material.

Not really, if you remember the gist of what DW said in the closed season is that he wanted to play in Australia but the money wasn't enough so he got his deal at Sunderland only really because of Keane's insistance.  I suspect Keane feels let down.

I also suspect Keane is fiercely defensive of the players he believes does things the right way etc such as Carlos and will give them time as he did with Carlos.

I have to agree with that, he did have a drink problem and is undoubtably a bit paranoid, I thought he would run away well before he did but tbf he stuck at it.  I personally think Keane will only be a real sucess in management at a club that is already sucessful.  imho he can't let things go, he never got over the defeat at Everton and it showed in tactics, team etc.  What made him as a player is probably eating him up as a manager because he is relying on others. 

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2009, 01:39:42 AM »
Bruce is ah ass but Keane is a C$nt.

Given the choice what yuh go push yuh "toe-tee" in? Ass or c$nt? Keane it is, oui!

:rotfl:

It aint gonna be Bruce or Keane. The choice is easy it go ha to be abstinence oui  :puking:

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2009, 05:13:20 AM »

ManU achievements hardly count as he didn't "win" on his own.

On the contrary...the season he was injured(when he come back and break the man leg for it), Arsenal did the double. Roy Keane was the heart and soul of that side. Why you feel they look so poor in the Champions League final against Bayern? If there is anybody who say they make ManU win, it was Roy Keane.

Bottomline is, if a man only care about "birds and cars" like Andy Cole reveal, I doh see a man like Roy Keane having respect for him. Same way Dwight is allowed to express his opinion on Keane, keane should be allowed to state his on Dwight.
same way we lambasting keane for saying shit about Yorke, is the same way Keane should be allowed to blast Yorke about saying shit about him.

And to be honest, prior to World Cup 2006 campaign when he came back as a leader to us, at least half of this board woulda say they doh respect Dwight Yorke as a person... cause he had all the talent in the world, and we were of the opinion that he never gave his all for his country and only care about making money in England and bulling hoes.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2009, 07:47:20 AM »

ManU achievements hardly count as he didn't "win" on his own.

On the contrary...the season he was injured(when he come back and break the man leg for it), Arsenal did the double. Roy Keane was the heart and soul of that side. Why you feel they look so poor in the Champions League final against Bayern? If there is anybody who say they make ManU win, it was Roy Keane.

Bottomline is, if a man only care about "birds and cars" like Andy Cole reveal, I doh see a man like Roy Keane having respect for him. Same way Dwight is allowed to express his opinion on Keane, keane should be allowed to state his on Dwight.
same way we lambasting keane for saying shit about Yorke, is the same way Keane should be allowed to blast Yorke about saying shit about him.

And to be honest, prior to World Cup 2006 campaign when he came back as a leader to us, at least half of this board woulda say they doh respect Dwight Yorke as a person... cause he had all the talent in the world, and we were of the opinion that he never gave his all for his country and only care about making money in England and bulling hoes.

U know we have URP memory. These days is KJ who doh give he all 4 we.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2009, 07:20:57 PM »
Brian Viner: Admission from Yorke leaves his PA in a flap
The Independent

Dwight Yorke's autobiography, its title Born to Score a cheeky double entendre, has received more attention than an ex-footballer's memoirs ordinarily might on account of the Tobagonian's prodigious sexual appetite, and in particular his association with the model Katie Price, better known as Jordan.

There was an interview with Yorke in the sports pages of one national newspaper last weekend that scarcely even mentioned his football career, so engrossed was the writer by Yorke's sex life. And indeed sex was one of the topics in an interview I conducted with Yorke myself recently, although we talked about much else besides, with his personal assistant and a representative of the book's publishers sitting quietly alongside.

Afterwards, however, his PA, in a clearly agitated state, took me to one side. There were a few things Dwight had said, in response to repeated questions from me, that she would prefer me not to print, or at least not to turn into a big issue. Could I reassure her? I said that I couldn't, not really. He'd said those things, they hadn't been off the record, they were his candid opinions. But none of that was in the book, she protested, and surely the object of the interview was to promote the book? I said that I'd go away and transcribe the tape, but I could make no promises. The interview has yet to run in these pages, so I'll give nothing else away, except to say that the PA's agitation did not concern the time Yorke bedded four women in 24 hours, or had sex in the back of a taxi for almost the entire duration of a journey from Glasgow to Manchester, or the time he lost his virginity at the age of 12, or Jordan's wild antics in the bedroom. No, it concerned a football matter.

I've been interviewing sports stars pretty much every week in The Independent for almost 11 years, but this enjoinder – say what you like about our man's epic promiscuity but please be discreet when you write about his views on football – was a first on me. And speaking of firsts, let me switch sports and turn to the extraordinary Sea The Stars, whose monumental treble of the 2,000 Guineas, the Derby, and the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe, perhaps even racing enthusiast Sir Alex Ferguson would acknowledge to be more historic than the one won by his Manchester United team, including Dwight Yorke, in 1999.

Now, whether or not Sea The Stars contests next month's Breeders' Cup, breeding is what he will shortly be dispatched to do, with 200 mares a year comfortably within his compass and a six-figure fee likely for each covering. And so back to dear old Dwight, who would doubtless scoff at a mere 200 outings a year. On the other hand, no matter how well Born to Score sells, not even he can expect to make as much money out of rampant sex as Christopher Tsui and his mother Ling, the family owners of Sea The Stars.

Paxman scoffs as cricket quiz stumps boffins

On Monday evening I had the satisfaction of seeing my alma mater, St Andrews University, trounce Somerville College, Oxford, in University Challenge. I watched admiringly as the four students effortlessly answered questions on obscure chemical elements, on Caravaggio, on mathematical paradoxes, on Beethoven. But as captain of the St Andrews University XI, 1984-85, I winced at their answers to a question about famous cricket grounds. They were asked to name the cities in which Eden Gardens, Sabina Park and the WACA are located. They answered Bristol, Sydney and I didn't even hear where they placed the WACA because my groans were too load.

I just heard Jeremy Paxman saying, contemptuously, "No, that one's Perth, Western Australia." Honestly, what's the point of knowing the relative atomic mass of krypton if you can't even place Sabina Park within 9,000 miles of Kingston, Jamaica? Or to put it another way, paraphrasing the great C L R James, "What do they know of cricket who only chemistry, physics, history, geography, literature, art and music know?"

Taylor is master of the obvious

The BBC's snooker commentator Dennis Taylor seems like a delightful cove, and will always have a place in my heart for the thrills he gave me in beating Steve Davis in that epic late-night finale to the 1985 world championship. But criticism where criticism's due. In commentating on the Shaun Murphy v Barry Pinches match at the Grand Prix in Glasgow the other day, Taylor actually said, "The name of the game at the end of the day is to make sure you get the balls in the pockets." That's three clichés and a statement of the bleeding obvious in one sentence, almost an achievement of which to be proud.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2009, 10:06:58 PM »
Yo, I like this guy for treasurer/secretary. Do you see where I am going with this?.

Talk to me if you do.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

1]; } ?>