April 26, 2024, 12:38:36 AM

Author Topic: Palermo.. Palermo... Palermo..  (Read 2492 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Palermo.. Palermo... Palermo..
« on: October 07, 2009, 01:11:08 PM »
Oct 4, 2009 9:48:19 PM

Martin Palermo scored a remarkable header to give Boca Juniors a 3-2 win over Velez Sarsfield in an action packed encounter at the Bombonera stadium on Sunday.

Alfio Basile's side were hoping to avenge their Copa Sudamericana elimination to Velez, but they suffered an early set-back when Leandro Caruso put the visitors ahead within minutes from the kick-off. But Boca came into the game as the half progressed and Sebastian Battaglia drew them level ten minutes before half-time. However, their lead lasted shorty as Caruso put Velez back into the lead ten minutes later.

Boca turned on the style in the second half, with Juan Roman Riquelme equalizing for them before Martin Palermo earned them the three points with an extraordinary 40-meter header. Palermo intercepted a clearance from Velez goalkeeper German Montoya with a first-time header that found its way into an unguarded net. It was Palermo's 200th goal in the Argentine first division.

Not only did Boca end a run of four successive defeats, but they got the better of a Velez side that knocked them out of the Copa Sudamericana.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Palermo.. Palermo... Palermo..
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 01:18:45 PM »
saying goes that you cant keep a good man down ..well in martin Palermo's case...not even time, injury nor exile can keep a good man down. The man who missed three penalties in one game for argentina vs colombia in a game they lost 3-0 has made his return ater 10 years.
Coming on as a sub vs paraguay many thought this was some kinda pardner ting with Diego.
Hoever Palermo ensured that love him or hate him he always gives 100%.
Imagine a goal from 40 yards ...a header in a league game ???
Palermo was then started for the albicelestes against Ghana and got both goals in the2-0 victory last week.
After consistently scoring for Boca ...the header was his 200 goal in argentinian football.... Palermo was given a lifeline by Diego.
The highest scorer in boca history is expected to start with Leo messi vs peru ..que tal ?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 01:20:14 PM »
 Palos ah hope yuh see Riquelme name still calling dey ! :beermug:

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 06:15:07 PM »
is ok I go carry it alone ...palermo just scored the winner against Peru .......so its down to the last game vs uruguay ...
Kyah keep ah good man down ! palermo palermo palermo !

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 06:33:04 PM »
palermo in real form these days

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 06:40:16 PM »
is ok I go carry it alone ...palermo just scored the winner against Peru .......so its down to the last game vs uruguay ...
Uruguay won tonight too. I favour them in Montevideo.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 06:43:06 PM »
Uruguay won tonight too. I favour them in Montevideo.

well I dont ...so we will see.  Imagine maradona give Higuain he first run and de man scored yes ! ...from a pass by Aimar ...is ah new argentina playing here ....
I will still sack Diego adfter the qualifiers ...after we beat Uruguay !  :beermug:

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 06:58:13 PM »
long live diego and argentina winnin de world wup.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 07:35:31 PM »
argentina was was lucky tonight and I glad.....the WC wont be the same unless they are there.

Maradonna buss a big dive when palermo score yes......  :rotfl: commenator say he look like a walrus....lol..........but he still needs to go. Argentina can and should play much much better.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2009, 07:54:27 AM »
The irony of it was that Palermo was offside on te goal. Exact same situation as the T&T U20 vs Italy (i believe it was), but no referee brave enough to make that call in Argentina (at that time). But Argentina won't care. The Uruguay game will be blood and guts.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2009, 08:51:38 AM »
Big games on wednesday ...Ecuador needs to beat Chile if they are to have a chance of automatic qualification ...Argentina must beat uruguay to be sure ....

Chile has already qualified so Ecuador should have it easier than Argentina ....wrong ! Chile's coach is Marcelo Bielsa the former coach of argenrtina ...who is argentinian !

granted he was unceremoniously removed from the position ...question is whether he will take things easy to get back at his detractors ....or will the national pride come in to play ?...

strange about the coaches ...argentinian coaches are leading Paraguay and Chile who have already both qualified ....while argentina struggles

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2009, 01:06:50 PM »
argentina was was lucky tonight and I glad.....the WC wont be the same unless they are there.

Maradonna buss a big dive when palermo score yes......  :rotfl: commenator say he look like a walrus....lol..........but he still needs to go. Argentina can and should play much much better.

whey de hell yuh get that gif from dread. I deading with laugh here...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2009, 01:13:51 PM »
There was only one opponent between Palermo and the goal when the ball was played.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/JuOvh7CA--E&amp;feature=player_embedded#" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/JuOvh7CA--E&amp;feature=player_embedded#</a>

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2009, 06:51:23 PM »
The irony of it was that Palermo was offside on te goal. Exact same situation as the T&T U20 vs Italy (i believe it was), but no referee brave enough to make that call in Argentina (at that time). But Argentina won't care. The Uruguay game will be blood and guts.

Palermo was francoment offside.
The Italy goal was good. Check the thread again.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2009, 11:09:47 AM »
diego celebrate like he score dat one heself.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2009, 11:30:13 AM »

whey de hell yuh get that gif from dread. I deading with laugh here...

;D
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2009, 11:52:03 AM »

Palermo was francoment offside.
The Italy goal was good. Check the thread again.

Sorry Bitter T&T goal was offside vs Italy. They have a freeze frame of it on the FIFA site.

http://www.fifa.com/newscentre/videos/player.html#ch=u20_09&id=1109010
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2009, 12:07:35 PM »
dey go need more than palermo to save em against uruguay on wednesday...that match go be one for the ages.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2009, 12:17:01 PM »
diego celebrate like he score dat one heself.

He coulda kill heself dey oui.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

1]; } ?>