March 29, 2024, 09:16:22 AM

Author Topic: Scott Sealy Thread  (Read 6527 times)

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Scott Sealy Thread
« on: October 07, 2009, 01:24:46 PM »
saw him buying a family order of doubles in chaguanas a morning last week

3 wid slight
2 witout
and 1 bara and channa alone

i thought he was in arabia or sum?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 05:42:09 AM by Flex »
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: scott sealy
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 01:34:56 PM »

3 wid slight
2 witout

Patriot dat what u boi reach 2 buyin breakfast 4 d national team. So doubles 4 breakfast and KFC/Pizza Hut 4 dinner. We just need 2 find out d lunch menu.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 01:43:13 PM »

3 wid slight
2 witout

Patriot dat what u boi reach 2 buyin breakfast 4 d national team. So doubles 4 breakfast and KFC/Pizza Hut 4 dinner. We just need 2 find out d lunch menu.
:rotfl:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 01:47:36 PM »

3 wid slight
2 witout

look f**k up ting :rotfl:

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 02:00:48 PM »
dat doubles man didn't have Kuchorie or Sahina?

Més que un club.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 05:30:34 PM »

3 wid slight
2 witout

So why didn't you approach him and ask him for an update on himself  ?
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 05:45:40 AM »
disgruntled nah boy jus doubles alone

and sam early in d mornin u jus wa yuh doubles and look to buss out.........no stickin on askin man wa dey doin home an ting me an scott is not no fren
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 05:52:36 AM »
Why not- Just go up to him and say - I am a Fan etc and then say It is a pity that You are not on the T&T squad, Hey Scott what is the scene on that. Or Latas aint like yuh or what , how come yuh not in the mix.
 The man would have run home to Mammy happy and the doubles would have gone done better.
 And Guess what he would have had a conversation piece telling every one the Fans in Trinidad calling for his reinstatement on the T&t team. Despite one man alone asking. Sorry Brown Sugar-The fans in T&T.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 08:00:37 AM »
Why not- Just go up to him and say - I am a Fan etc and then say It is a pity that You are not on the T&T squad, Hey Scott what is the scene on that. Or Latas aint like yuh or what , how come yuh not in the mix.
 The man would have run home to Mammy happy and the doubles would have gone done better.
 And Guess what he would have had a conversation piece telling every one the Fans in Trinidad calling for his reinstatement on the T&t team. Despite one man alone asking. Sorry Brown Sugar-The fans in T&T.

As a matter of fact... Scott is supposed to be on Trial but he is awaiting  confirmation by text on his Blackberry. ;)
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 08:07:19 AM »

As a matter of fact... Scott is supposed to be on Trial but he is awaiting  confirmation by text on his Blackberry. ;)

So BB is now part of yuh kit. If yuh eh  :rotfl: yuh go :( and 4 capo and dem fellas :cursing:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 08:11:08 AM »

So BB is now part of yuh kit. If yuh eh  :rotfl: yuh go :( and 4 capo and dem fellas :cursing:

Ah couldn't resist.  Dem and dey blasted Blackberry. personally I-man prefer an I-phone to match meh I-pod.
like Sizzla was right. Rasta taking over. ;D ;D
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 02:45:19 PM »
Fellas be careful of all This I pod- I phone etc. A man was having a conversation with his wife and told her that if he ever found himself in a vegetative state  with  a bottle in his mouth and all those tubes  in and around him, please pull all the plugs - He would rather die. So she went and pull the plug from his TV VCR Xbox Ipod I phone and then proceeded to the fridge and threw away all his beer- He said he nearly died.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 02:52:48 PM »
Fellas be careful of all This I pod- I phone etc. A man was having a conversation with his wife and told her that if he ever found himself in a vegetative state  with  a bottle in his mouth and all those tubes  in and around him, please pull all the plugs - He would rather die. So she went and pull the plug from his TV VCR Xbox Ipod I phone and then proceeded to the fridge and threw away all his beer- He said he nearly died.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 06:21:42 PM »

3 wid slight
2 witout

Yuh know after reading the entire thread, I cyah believe allyuh fall fuh Shotta and he chupidness!! Sigh and I was well hoping to hear meh boy sign late wid Man City or Tottenham on a free transfer...only SERIOUS updates please, ah gettin too ole fuh this man...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 06:40:24 PM »

3 wid slight
2 witout

Yuh know after reading the entire thread, I cyah believe allyuh fall fuh Shotta and he chupidness!! Sigh and I was well hoping to hear meh boy sign late wid Man City or Tottenham on a free transfer...only SERIOUS updates please, ah gettin too ole fuh this man...

Brudder if u eh have d update then who else go have it.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2009, 07:04:40 PM »
Oh Larrdooo!  De Electronics and de Beer...She is a Criminal! :devil:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2009, 07:19:09 PM »
Oh Larrdooo!  De Electronics and de Beer...She is a Criminal! :devil:

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2009, 07:35:47 PM »

3 wid slight
2 witout

:rotfl: :rotfl: we can only laugh eh
imagine if Beenhakker was still around. that nonsense would never happen.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2009, 08:44:35 PM »

3 wid slight
2 witout

:rotfl: :rotfl: we can only laugh eh
imagine if Beenhakker was still around. that nonsense would never happen.

D KFC iz in d lounge 4 d players guest. There dinner was waitin there 4 dem. Dey family come 2 c dem not 4 no meal d KFC should not b there.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Scott Sealy could offer plenty for FC Dallas
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 04:15:39 PM »
Scott Sealy could offer plenty for FC Dallas.
By Todd Date (3rd Degree).

One of the four trialists on FC Dallas roster this preseason is none other than Scott Sealy. Dallas supporters might remember the native of Trinidad and Tobago as a guy who scored his fair share of goals against FCD during his time with both the Wizards and Earthquakes.

Sealy is only 30 and brings not only solid experience from both MLS and in Israel. He might also offer Dallas something the club hasn’t had since the days of Jeff Cunningham, a consistent goal scorer.

Sealy's most recent MLS stint was in San Jose with his 2011 season limited by a preseason injury. But he has put all that behind him and is now ready to contribute for FCD.

A big positive of being with Dallas this preseason is that it reunites him with former KC teammate Kevin Hartman, FCD’s starting goalkeeper for two years running. “Yeah, it’s always a good thing. When you’re coming into a new situation, you try to find guys that have been around a while.

Playing with Kevin in Kansas City for a year and a half kind of brings a little familiarity around here,” Sealy said. “[Those were] good times, it’s good catching up with him and other guys who have been in the league a while like Daniel Hernandez and Ugo, obviously I know them from playing against them for quite a few years. It’s good.”

So, does he remember those goals he scored against FCD during his time with KC and San Jose? Absolutely, but that doesn’t make him now being on the other side of the ledger the least bit weird.

“Yeah, like any other team, you play against them and you always want to score goals as a forward. It just so happened that quite a few times I've been able to score against Dallas. That was a while ago. It doesn't really matter now,” Sealy said. “It’s a good team.”

However, he also realizes this is a much different Dallas team than what he’s faced in years past. “It’s a different team than it was in the past with obviously a coach who is fairly new.

I think he’s set a pretty serious tone with this team in terms of how he wants to play in being very organized,” Sealy said. “I think it’s a very good situation. I’m just trying to stay here, work as hard as I can and hopefully things can work out.”

During his professional career, he has played as both a midfielder and forward. But no matter where he lines up on the pitch, he knows he was brought to FCD for one pretty basic thing.

“Well, they brought me here to score goals and I want to be that guy. Obviously last year they had the injuries and what not. From what I heard, they never had a true goal scorer,” Sealy said.

“The guys on the team are very pleased with my presence up top. I kind of battle where in the past they didn’t have that type of forward. Hopefully I can bring that and whatever way the coach thinks he wants to use me, that’s what I’m going to do.”

His most recent stay in San Jose was actually his second stint with the Quakes. His first had ended several years earlier and after leaving MLS, he ended up in Israel, which to hear him tell it, was an interesting experience to say the least.

“It’s been kind of up and down (the last few years). After I left the league, I went to Israel. I was out there for a year and things were quite different from how things operate in the U.S. It’s very hostile over there and it’s not the most ideal situation but football is football.

Everywhere you go you train hard and try to do the best you can,” Sealy said. “They kind of flip flopped me and put me in different positions. I was playing midfield and some up top. It was never really settling for me.”

But after that short stay in Israel, he realized MLS wasn’t so bad, so he set out to make his return, again with the Earthquakes.

“There was pretty much up and down with injuries, a lot of injuries and just couldn’t really get any consistent time playing. The end of 2010, I was able to get healthy, play center midfield for them and started all the playoff games for them as we went to the Eastern Conference Final,” Sealy said.

He added: “Last year was just kind of more of the same. I had sports hernia surgery right before preseason started, so that kind of set me back in terms of fitness and everything.

It kind of complicated things physically with how I felt and I was never really able to get back on my feet and really get going as a forward. But that’s in the past. This is a new year and kind of looking forward to new things and a new challenge. Hopefully Dallas is a place I can do it.”

With such a spotty injury history the last few years, the veteran forward has definitely taken some steps to ensure that doesn’t happen again should he land a spot on the FCD roster to start the 2012 season.

“Last year, I was in the gym and really went after it in terms of getting stronger and rally focusing on my body so the injuries I had the past two years won’t be a problem this year,” Sealy admitted.

Much of the forward attention has been focused on FCD signing Panamian striker Blas Perez and rightfully so, but if Scott Sealy happens to make the roster out of preseason, he too could have a considerable impact on this team on the offensive end. He certainly has a reputation of doing exactly that in the past.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 05:11:02 PM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Sealy could offer plenty for FC Dallas
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 04:12:40 PM »
Scott Sealy, forward/midfielder

Hyndman: I think he’s a solid striker. He’s probably a mixture of Santos and Cunningham type of player. He can hold the ball up like Santos could and then I think he’s got explosive speed like Jeff did. The thing is every day we watch him, there’s things we like and some areas that we want to continue to look at because if Scott continues to go the way he’s been going and when we get our first team back, he’s going against some of our starters, then we’ll have a much better view and getting him in games and seeing what he does. We’re looking at Scott to add some strength in the attack, some speed in the attack. He’s been unlucky because he’s had sports hernia, quadriceps, hamstring, so last year was really a bad year for him with all the injuries. But we’re not sure if he’s a No. 2 striker or a No. 1 striker. So we’ve got to keep looking at him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/soccer/post/_/id/14263/schellas-hyndman-plenty-to-like-about-fcd-trialists

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 07:15:55 PM »
How long b4 Patriot reach on this thread?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sealy impresses in training
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2012, 04:32:11 AM »
Preseason Training Report: 1/19 & 1/20
By Jason Minnick (FCDallas.com)

Preseason: Day 4 - Fri. Jan. 20

Friday morning began with short-sided games. Forward Scott Sealy, who looked strong on Tuesday, continued to impress. Posting up a defender, Sealy again demonstrated the ability to hold the ball, combine with teammates and even turn towards goal. His first opportunity came from a long throw by goalkeeper Chris Seitz. Sealy received the ball with his left foot, turned and struck a hard shot high into the corner of the goal. A short time later Sealy combined with Bobby Warshaw for another goal. The opposing team battled back with goals from Home Growns Ruben Luna and Bryan Leyva.

After 30 minutes of action, head coach Schellas Hyndman enlarged the field and broke all the players into teams of four for a tournament. Fabian Castillo looked great on the dribble, cutting through opposing defenses and creating opportunities out of nothing. Moises Hernandez snuck a centering pass into Warshaw for a goal reminiscent of Thursday’s strike from Ricardo Villar. But the session was highlighted by Kevin Hartman, who absolutely robbed the red team of a beautiful goal.

It began with yet another combo between Warshaw and Villar. In the center of the field, Villar shook his mark and slipped a pass inside to Sealy, who was posting up his defender. Sealy feinted left before leaving the ball for rookie Matt Hedges to strike, but Hartman changed off his line to make an outstanding left-handed save. Fortunately for the red team, the save did not decide their fate as they went on to win the tournament.

Preseason: Day 3 - Thurs. Jan. 19

Finishing drill
Following an afternoon off on Wednesday, FC Dallas began its third day of preseason training with a finishing drill directed by Hyndman. Only the offensive players took part in the drill, which focused on checking to the ball, quick combinations and one-time finishing. Luna, who spent some of his offseason with Sporting Lisbon of the Primeira Divisão (Portuguese First Division) did well. The forwards’ lone opposition throughout the drill was Mexican U-17 World Cup Champion Richard Sanchez, who denied the strikers of several point-blank opportunities.

Defensive positioning
Hyndman’s second drill of the day was defensive in nature. He lined up two teams of eight in a 50-yard area.

Red team (Left-to-right, 4-4 formation, defense first): Moises Hernandez, Jack Stewart, Bobby Warshaw, Martin John, Bryan Leyva, Ricardo Villar, Scott Sealy, Jonathan Top.

Green team (Left-to-right, 4-4 formation, defense first): Jair Benitez, Matt Hedges, Christian Ibeagha, Scott Gordon, Andrew Wiedeman, Bruno Guarda, Ruben Luna, Fabian Castillo.

Throughout the drill Hyndman directed the teams to keep their shape, be patient and keep the ball in front of them.

Afternoon session
Flank play was the focus of Thursday evening’s training session. The first drill was a familiar one from last season. It forced the teams to get the ball wide or get the ball to the end line before they were allowed to go to goal. After a 20-minute session, Hyndman took away the end line options to concentrate on crossing and defending against crosses.

Highlights
Leyva had a strong showing for the red team. Playing on the left flank, Leyva played a perfect ball to the far post for Wiedeman, who timed his run nicely. The third-year forward brought the ball down with his chest before finishing with a hard shot to the back post. Going the opposite direction, Luna worked an opening with Sealy to even the score, but the red team struck again with a centering pass by Warshaw that was finished off by Villar.

Red took a 3-1 lead when Villar played a ball into space for Wiedeman. Looking at a shot from a tough angle, Wiedeman faked a shot and back-heeled a pass into the path of Top. Top arrived at the ball at the same time as a defender, but managed to muscle a path through a group of defenders before poking a shot by the goalkeeper.

Offline Jadel

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2012, 03:20:30 PM »
only 30  :-\

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2012, 01:47:04 AM »
Scott Sealy, forward/midfielder

Hyndman: I think he’s a solid striker. He’s probably a mixture of Santos and Cunningham type of player. He can hold the ball up like Santos could and then I think he’s got explosive speed like Jeff did. The thing is every day we watch him, there’s things we like and some areas that we want to continue to look at because if Scott continues to go the way he’s been going and when we get our first team back, he’s going against some of our starters, then we’ll have a much better view and getting him in games and seeing what he does. We’re looking at Scott to add some strength in the attack, some speed in the attack. He’s been unlucky because he’s had sports hernia, quadriceps, hamstring, so last year was really a bad year for him with all the injuries. But we’re not sure if he’s a No. 2 striker or a No. 1 striker. So we’ve got to keep looking at him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/soccer/post/_/id/14263/schellas-hyndman-plenty-to-like-about-fcd-trialists

Sounds like he's bound for the bench. Hope he can get past that.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Scott Sealy both scores a brace against Tulsa
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2012, 05:12:54 PM »
Blas Perez and Scott Sealy both score braces against Tulsa
3rd Degree

February 18, 2012

FC Dallas defeated the University of Tulsa men’s soccer team 5-1 today on the adidas Field at FC Dallas Stadium. Dallas got two goals each out of forwards Blas Perez and Scott Sealy in the victory.

The game got off to a slow start for FC Dallas. The team surrendered a 1-0 lead in just the fifth minute when Tulsa’s Bryce Follensbee got a jump on the FC Dallas defense. The speedy forward arrived first to a through ball played into the top right corner of the area and was taken to the ground by FC Dallas center back Ugo Ihemelu. Without hesitation, the referee awarded a penalty kick, which was converted by teammate Omar Mata.

FC Dallas settled down and found an equalizer in the 25th minute when Perez benefited from good combination play between Zach Loyd and Andrew Jacobson. After controlling the ball on the right flank, Loyd played Jacobson a through ball near the top of the area. Jacobson turned with the ball and knocked a lateral centering pass in on the floor to Perez, who controlled the ball well under pressure and finished low to the right side of Tulsa goalkeeper Mark Pace.

Brek Shea started the sequence that gave Dallas a 2-1 lead just before halftime. The midfielder controlled the ball at the top of the box with his back to goal before being knocked to the ground by a Tulsa defender. The foul earned Dallas a penalty kick, which was converted by Perez with a sharp pass into the lower right corner of the goal.

Dallas brought on 10 new players to begin the second half and got a goal from Sealy just 12 minutes later. The play began when right back Scott Gordon intercepted a pass near midfield and pushed the ball up the middle of the field to Bryan Leyva. Leyva turned and slotted a pass through Tulsa’s defense to Sealy, who spun and fired a low shot past the right arm of goalkeeper Mike Murray to make it 3-1.

University of Maryland product Alex Lee had a strong half. He set up both of FC Dallas’ final goals to help the team to a 5-1 victory. The first came in the 64th minute when Lee got the ball on the right flank and slid a pass inside to Dogba. The Ivory Coast forward finished cleanly, hitting a sliding shot to the back post with his first touch.

Lee beat a trio of Tulsa defenders on the dribble to setup the final goal. His pass inside to Sealy put the forward in position to give Dallas a 5-1 lead, but a Tulsa defender drug the Trinidadian native to the ground, forcing the referee to once again point to the spot. Sealy converted the penalty with a hard blast down the middle of the goal.

FC Dallas will play its final preseason tune-up in Frisco on Wednesday morning before departing to Orlando, Fla. to take part in the Walt Disney Pro Soccer Classic. FC Dallas will face the U.S. U-23 National Team in that match, which will be played on the adidas Field at FC Dallas Stadium at 10 a.m.

Scoring Summary:

TUL – Omar Mata (PK) 5

DAL – Blas Perez (Andrew Jacobson, Zach Loyd) 25
DAL – Perez (PK) 44
DAL – Scott Sealy (Bryan Leyva, Scott Gordon) 57
DAL – Dogba (Alex Lee) 64
DAL – Sealy (PK) 79

Misconduct Summary:
NONE

Lineups:
FC Dallas
– Kevin Hartman, Jair Benitez, Ugo Ihemelu, Hernan Pertuz, Zach Loyd, Brek Shea, Bobby Warshaw, Andrew Jacobson, Andrew Wiedeman, Blas Perez, Fabian Castillo.

FC Dallas (2nd half) – Chris Seitz, Moises Hernandez, Matt Hedges (Jack Stewart 73) Christian Ibeagha, Scott Gordon, Jonathan Top, Bryan Leyva, Bobby Warshaw, Alex Lee, Scott Sealy, Dogba.

Tulsa – Mark Pace (Mike Murray 45), Jake Dobkins (Ian Mussman 77), Quinn Starker, Wayne Farmer (SeoHyun Kim 64), Leo Smith (Jon Wright 39, Matt Boullt 45), Kyle Cummings (Tom Gaus 39, Kyle Cummings 64), Omar Mata, Tony Rocha, Bryce Follensbee (Jon Wright 45), Abe Matamoros (Dillon Alexander 64), Steve Roberson (Tom Gaus 84).

<a href="http://p.mlssoccer.com/SWaZi/video/875585/875585_2012-02-21-174525.640hq.mp4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://p.mlssoccer.com/SWaZi/video/875585/875585_2012-02-21-174525.640hq.mp4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Pressure on Scott Sealy to make the FC Dallas roster
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2012, 07:05:05 PM »
Pressure on for FCD trialists
By Adam Crouch (FCDallas.com)

There was little significance tied to FC Dallas’ 5-1 exhibition win over the University of Tulsa on Saturday.

But for many of the club’s trialists and fringe roster players, Saturday represented a golden opportunity to make an impression on the club’s coaching staff.

Though training camp has been in motion for nearly five weeks, less than a week remains for many of the roster hopefuls to make their case. Roster decisions are expected in advance of the team’s trip to the Disney Pro Soccer Classic on Friday.

“You have to be roster compliant by the first of March, so I think decisions will have to be made by Friday,” assistant coach John Ellinger said following Saturday’s match. “There won’t really be trialists when we go down to Florida. I think we’ll pretty much have our squad with maybe room for one or two players.”

Among those fighting for a roster spot are forwards Dogba and Scott Sealy, both of whom scored against the Tulsa defense.

Sealy, who netted two second half goals on Saturday, knows the pressure is on, but refuses to let it affect his game.

“You can’t worry about it,” Sealy said. “It’s over your head. Obviously you want to do well and get a contract, but you can’t play like that – tentative and not wanting to make mistakes.”

Players will have one final opportunity to shine on Wednesday, though possibly against their most challenging opponent yet.

The team will take on the US U-23s, who will travel to Frisco for a 10-day training camp beginning Sunday. The young squad features MLS talents such as Juan Agudelo and Zarek Valentin in addition to a number of overseas players.

FC Dallas must also deal with a talented American midfielder by the name of Brek Shea.

“They're a good team - a lot of young, talented players from MLS and overseas,” Sealy said. “They’re going to be strong and fast, and have a lot of guys that are good with the ball technically. It’s going to be a good game.”

Ellinger is excited to see his squad match-up against the U-23s, and particularly against Shea. But all eyes will be on those who fighting to remain with the squad as the preseason nears its’ end.

After all, a big performance against elite talent might do wonders for those on the bubble.

“If a guy can step up and play well against a team like the U-23s, that will go a long way in helping that individual,” Ellinger said. “It will be fresh in Schellas’ mind when making the decision.”

Sealy, however, will do anything but dwell on the possibility of leaving the club on Friday. After playing seven years in MLS, every day, game or practice, is equally critical.

“I just play and try to do my thing,” Sealy said. “At the end of the day, if it’s good enough, I’ll be here. If not, I’ll try somewhere else.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Scott Sealy's chances of making FCD roster look good heading to Florida
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2012, 06:36:32 PM »
Scott Sealy's chances of making FCD roster look good heading to Florida
By Todd Date (3rd Degree)

The big story on Wednesday surrounding FC Dallas was their scrimmage with the United States Under-23 national team on the Adidas Field adjoining FC Dallas Stadium. But one player who wasn’t around for the U.S.’ 2-1 win over FCD was forward/midfielder Scott Sealy.

The ex-KC Wizard, and more recently ex-San Jose Earthquake, has been a trialist for Dallas pretty much ever since preseason commenced just over a month ago and he has performed pretty well for Schellas Hyndman’s club.

The veteran offensive-minded player will be among FCD’s traveling contingent heading to Orlando, Florida later this week, a situation Hyndman elaborated on after the loss to the U.S. U-23s.

"Scott’s been here for about a month or so and he asked me if he could go home and see his family because we’re getting ready to go to Disney," Hyndman said. "I know that we had a game today, but for me it wasn’t as important for him to be here as much as for him to be with his family and then join us."

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Schellas Hyndman sees newcomer Scott Sealy as a striker
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2012, 12:37:42 PM »
Schellas Hyndman sees newcomer Scott Sealy as a striker
By Todd Date (3rd Degree)

Versatility can be a funny thing in any sport. While one coach might see a player best suited for one role, another can see him completely differently. So when MLS veteran striker Scott Sealy joined FC Dallas early on in preseason as a trialist, it was thought he might be able to help FCD as both a forward as well as a midfielder.

The native of Trinidad and Tobago had played almost exclusively up top during his run with Kansas City and even early in his time with San Jose had started at forward. When the Earthquakes’ midfield got rocked by injuries, he dropped back and proved to be a pretty effective midfielder.

FCD fans shouldn’t expect to see Sealy in the midfield hardly at all this season, especially after Dallas coach Schellas Hyndman said he sees the veteran scorer as a striker more than anything else after practice on Tuesday.

“Definitely a forward, he had a little bit of a hamstring strain first time he played in Orlando, so today was his first game back and then he had a collision with a ‘keeper,” Hyndman said. “So it’s like he takes one step forward and one step back.”

The Dallas gaffer then went on to add when asked if he was to make a trade this week, what would be the one area he’d want to bolster over all others, that area would be up top.

“If we strengthen something, we’d probably like to strengthen with another striker,” Hyndman said.

His statement could be construed to mean a number of different things. Of course, there’s no question about Panamanian newcomer Blas Perez, but maybe the coach has some doubts about homegrown player Ruben Luna, Sealy or maybe he even sees Colombian speedster Fabian Castillo as more of a flank midfielder than a striker.

Either way, it’s not news that Hyndman isn't happy with his complete group of forwards, He's never been terribly happy with his depth up top since he took the job back in July 2008. Yet in an off-season full of personnel moves, it is a little disconcerting to hear Hyndman say the mix is still far from ideal at with the season right around the corner.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Scott Sealy credits consistent play time, quality service for goals
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2012, 04:31:53 PM »
Scott Sealy finding back of the net
By Mark Norris (FCDallas.com)

Scott Sealy has found his groove.

With two goals in three matches, the forward says it’s a combination of consistent playing time and quality service from the midfield that’s getting balls in the back of the net.

“Service has been better the past three or four games. I believe that if I get good service I can score goals,” Sealy said.

Sealy has started three consecutive matches – vs. Portland, LA Galaxy and at Portland – for the first time this season. It’s not unreasonable to expect a fourth-straight start this Saturday against Colorado at FC Dallas Stadium (8 p.m. CT on TXA21).

“Ask any forward in the league – if you’re not getting playing time it’s hard to get rhythm and it’s hard to get goals going in,” Sealy said.

Sealy has eight starts to date in 2012, most sprinkled throughout the season until recently.

Sealy says Ferreira’s vision on the pitch and passing abilities make his job as the lone striker simpler. Getting Brek Shea back in the last match also helped, Sealy said, because Shea’s pace when he runs creates opportunities close to the net.

“It’s my job to anticipate when they’re going to break the line and get the service in and make sure I’m in front of the net so I can finish plays,” Sealy said.

Bottom line – Sealy wants to contribute as much as he can.

“If I play my game I’m going to do well and the team will do well,” he said.

1]; } ?>