April 28, 2024, 04:12:17 PM

Author Topic: TTFF manager takes Jlloyd for a joy ride.  (Read 28829 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF manager takes Jlloyd for a joy ride.
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2009, 10:22:04 AM »
TTFF manager takes Jlloyd for a joy ride.
By: Inshan "Flex" Mohammed.

A credible source has revealed that T&T's latest recruit Bolton Wanderers left wing back Jlloyd Samuel was played out of the game from his newly found team T&T as the Soca Warriors come up against Costa Rica and Mexico respectively in its final two matches of the 2010 World Cup Qualifiers.

T&T is officially eliminated from the 2010 World Cup and both games are irrelevant to some extent for Latapy's team. Though it's a perfect scenario for the younger players coming up to gain as much experience at senior level as possible and also a chance to claim a place on the team for the future.

Samuel meanwhile, who remains 100% committed to Trinidad and Tobago was originally called up by head coach Russell Latapy for both games and only got an email on Sunday afternoon with his flight details for Sunday morning from TTFF manager David Muhammad. Allow me to repeat this, Samuel's flight details were received Sunday afternoon for a Sunday (the same day) morning flight departure.

For Samuel to have made such a flight he would have had to call Doc Brown, one of the stars from the hit movie "Back to the Future" and ask him to loan him his time machine to fly back some 10-hours in order to catch the early morning flight.

It didn't end there the source revealed. Samuel then got a Black Berry (BB) message on Sunday from the TTFF manager David Muhammad, asking where he was. I guess TSTT phone service was down and BB messaging was the next best option.

When the manager realized his folly, he then told Samuel that he was on the next flight out which was Monday morning.

The very next day Samuel got to the airport only to find out at the check-in counter that there was no ticket under his name. So after being made a fool for two days straight, the  frustrated Samuel decided to call his manager at Bolton and told him he will not be traveling with the T&T team anymore.

The player went to his usual training that morning with his club and unfortunately injured his groin. Then the TTFF manager sent him another BB message stating that he was booked to travel on Tuesday.

Samuel sadly broke the news to Muhammad in the same fashion (via BB) that he got injured in training and will not be able to run out for T&T. His mother, being irate at the TTFF's treatment of her son then launched a complaint to the Technical Director Mr Lincoln Phillips.

Mr. Phillips subsequently called and asked that she send him a detailed e-mail about the situation. He also said that he was going to take it up with the Administration. The next day she received a text message from Mr. Phillips stating how shocked he was and he apologized wholeheartedly for the fiasco.

The following are two quotes from the many supporters who shared their views on the Soca Warriors Online regarding the TTFF's negligence and unprofessionalism in this matter: "lack of funds or even a lack of resources can be no excuse for lack of class and respect".

"I guess Samuel will have to take a rain check from KFC and Pizza Hut this time around as he will be forced to skip dinner with his T&T teammates".

I wonder if this story will ever get published in T&T mainstream press?

« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 10:27:28 AM by Flex »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2009, 10:39:53 AM »

His mother, being irate at the TTFF's treatment of her son then launched a complaint to the Technical Director Mr Lincoln Phillips.

So Jlloyd get taken for a long ride by TTFF (not the first and damn sure not the last) and the only thing he moms could do is write an email to Lincoln Phillips..........WOW. I guess she eh know better because he is a toothless bulldog.

On top of which, Dave Muhhamad couldn't run a snackette that was next to a primary school which was full ah seeet drink, joe gum and corn curls - much less the national team. 

I glad this come out though, because I sure real players get 4ked over already but to timid to tell anyone for fear of ending up on the non-existent blacklist.

Més que un club.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2009, 10:43:42 AM »

His mother, being irate at the TTFF's treatment of her son then launched a complaint to the Technical Director Mr Lincoln Phillips.

So Jlloyd get taken for a long ride by TTFF (not the first and damn sure not the last) and the only thing he moms could do is write an email to Lincoln Phillips..........WOW. I guess she eh know better because he is a toothless bulldog.

On top of which, Dave Muhhamad couldn't run a snackette that was next to a primary school which was full ah seeet drink, joe gum and corn curls - much less the national team. 

I glad this come out though, because I sure real players get 4ked over already but to timid to tell anyone for fear of ending up on the non-existent blacklist Jacklist.

Correct the end fuh yuh!

De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2009, 10:53:20 AM »
Jlloyd whats David Muhammad's Pin  :devil: :devil:
is there any way this could get published in the main press in T&T ?

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2009, 11:02:46 AM »
My question is.

Will we ever see Jlloyd suit up for T&T again ? I hope not because de player made no comment, but we all know Jack Warner, he very vendictive.

Didn't realised KFC was the main course for the T&T teams, do we have shares at KFC ?

Imagine, we short on shirts, so when we Costa Rica and after de game a Costa Rica player ask for a shirt exchange what will our player say ? check sports and games ?

I taught Adidas was a big company, like de sponsorship coming to and end. Back to Finta.

You know how much ah dem shirts waggonists have in ah draw in deh house?!!! >:(

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2009, 11:05:12 AM »
Mistakes are made, we are all human...but it is how you handle the matter and the apology afterward.

A BB message or text is inexcusable....it is a cop out.

A phone call and personal touch is needed.

Also had a phone call been made the matter of follow up arrangements could have been done and this whole situation could have been avoided.

Courtesy and respect is all that is being asked.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2009, 11:10:08 AM »
Mistakes are made, we are all human...but it is how you handle the matter and the apology afterward.

Also had a phone call been made the matter of follow up arrangements could have been done and this whole situation could have been avoided.

We go give Muhhamad the benefit of the doubt, he have blackberry for pre-paid. So he cyah call quite England and offer no apology and talk for long going back and forth about ticket number etc.

Més que un club.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2009, 11:13:19 AM »

Mistake??!! Mistake??!! :o  >:(

How long now David Muhammad know we playing Costa Rica on the 10th of October and as such Jlloyd needed to be in T&T to train before the team left?....

Steeeuuuuppppssss!!!....he friggin incompetent!!.....since he took over, its been episode after episode.....And to make matters worse, he was TV 2 nights ago giving his thoughts on the upcoming game....blasted fraud!!!

He should resign after this campaign and go back to his night time radio show and continue to try to tell black people how to be more black........damn fool.... >:(

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2009, 11:14:53 AM »
Flex when airing volatile articles like this it is only fair to let the TTFF have a chance to give their side.
It show balance. They may choose not to answer and then that's their problem, hence, you can't be accused of being unfair, biased etc.

I am not surprised that LP apologised, as far as I know that man has always carried himself with class despite what he has had to put up with in the TTFF.

I understand they need to save money but they depending on man coming for the national team based on a text, that could lead to mishaps.

At the end of the day miscommunication (or a complete lack of it) by the TTFF is normal.

I wish JLS the best.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2009, 11:16:17 AM »
David Muhammad is just a pawn in the lack of structure & organization within the T&TFF. Unfortunately he will be the one hung out to dry.
The entire T&TFF cannot make a decision unless directed to do so by the special one.
That includes if to send a fax or email, who should play for T&T and who should not.

Not only that but it seems the players have no way or avenue to report back to the T&TFF.

My first thought was how would Latas react to this news.
My second thought was probably Jlloyd would be grateful. However I'll give him the benefit of the doubt simply because he committed.
My third thought was Zamora calling Jlloyd and saying "Wha ah tell yuh" (in an English accent)

Its no secret over the years the failure of the T&TFF to communicate even within T&T is well documented. As for the international scene those who follow and support T&T Football are accustom to misdirection. International games cancelled at last minute. Promised players not showing up. Flight problems for players. Last but not least players not receiving what they were promised and earned.

Surprise! No not exactly
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2009, 11:23:07 AM »
Embarrassing

I've said it since the start of the Campaign...along with Maturana and his Staff the one man that messed up this Campaign with equal damage is Dave Muhammed. The stories I've heard and now this

Jack..where did you find this guy?

Bring Back Bruce for 2014!

I hope Chris De Silva(U20 Manager) will not make the countless mistakes made by Muhammed...I have a feeling he in the manager seat next

I want the Manager and Technical Staff out by Jan 1st 2010

with a new manager(Bruce A.) and new technical staff consisting of the head coach being a TOP CLASS EUROPEAN ENGLISH SPEAKING COACH who has done major stuff in the past and will be smart enough like Don Leo to bring a Defensive coach(which Latapy has not done) and other assistants as well

Keep all local assistant coaches away..ie Anton..even Vranes(he basically a Trini now)

Play a friendly every FIFA match date..even if its local based ..at least they will get the exposure

Qualify for the Gold Cups (2011 and 2013)...Win at least 1 of the 2 Digicel Cups

Introduce a Season Ticket for home qualifiers and maybe number the Stadium so attendees can come to the game 5 minutes before kick off and sit in their purchased seat instead of having to come 2-3 hours before kick off

Get Camps out..Get Licoln P out...and the rest of the clowns... Get Fresh faces in..people that actually want T&T football to go forward

Start an Academy with a Foreign Technical Director who has done the same for big football Nations

SIMPLE SIMPLE SIMPLE

Stop being Greedy and follow these Steps and massive Profit will be EARNED through 4 years of hard work...and then keep it going.. dont let it collapse after Success(eg After Germany)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2009, 11:32:57 AM »
Flex when airing volatile articles like this it is only fair to let the TTFF have a chance to give their side.
It show balance. They may choose not to answer and then that's their problem, hence, you can't be accused of being unfair, biased etc.

I agree with VB Flex.

Invite the TTFF to respond to the allegations.  If they choose not to, they can't say there was no opportunity to present their side of the story.

Remember how quick they were to refute the article written by Clayton Morris about the omission of the 2 Superstar Rangers players from the U 20 team.  They can act very swiftly when so motivated.

I with VB.  Invite the TTFF to respond, preferably Mr Muhammad.  If he's able to do so that is.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2009, 11:37:08 AM »
the ttff is full of bobol and corruption, not to mention incompetence, how can our nation move forward with these jokers in power? I think the whole scene is for us not to move forward, once again we will step on toes that dont want to be stepped on.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2009, 11:50:24 AM »
The funny thing is that none of this is a surprise...

business as usual at the TTFF...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2009, 11:52:22 AM »
The whole thing wreaks of administrative incompetence and  demonstrates a desperate lack of professionalism. The sad part, sorry, the really sad part is this isn't even the first or second time the Federation has made such a mistake. To make things worse they didn't have the decency to call Mr. Samuel. It's become their custom to give bad news via text message. It appears that they've graduated to the Blackberry instant message (It's free via the RIM network)

One would think that making arrangements for your players to travel for a senior World Cup qualifier, albeit a profitless one ,would be a priority for management. What occurred here is simply pathetic. It frustrating to know that these people run our football, our pride and joy. How can the players perform under such conditions ? It is unsurprising that we failed to qualify for South Africa 2010. From the blacklist to this , it is all shameful.

I know that the TTFF is a private organisation with not even a facade of democracy. I've given up on hoping a fairer organisation. I still hope for an effective one.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2009, 12:14:02 PM »

I agree with VB Flex.

Invite the TTFF to respond to the allegations.  If they choose not to, they can't say there was no opportunity to present their side of the story.

Remember how quick they were to refute the article written by Clayton Morris about the omission of the 2 Superstar Rangers players from the U 20 team.  They can act very swiftly when so motivated.

I with VB.  Invite the TTFF to respond, preferably Mr Muhammad.  If he's able to do so that is.

Since dey was quick 2 refute CM version let dem refute dis 1. Dat approach is if yuh dealin wit civilise peeps d TTFF eh civilize so embarass dem at every pt. If we source betta than d 1 in Curuepe run wit it I say 
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2009, 12:30:35 PM »

I agree with VB Flex.

Well, this story was aired by The Fearless One on radio yesterday.....it was only a 2 - 5 min clip so I'm sure not many people heard it.  Since it got limited play in the media they could afford to go on pretending it is business as usual.  But it was said in the public domain and I'm yet to hear the TTFF refute it.

They can't cuz they know they are indeed incompetent the whole lot of them....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2009, 12:37:44 PM »

I agree with VB Flex.

Well, this story was aired by The Fearless One on radio yesterday.....it was only a 2 - 5 min clip so I'm sure not many people heard it.  Since it got limited play in the media they could afford to go on pretending it is business as usual.  But it was said in the public domain and I'm yet to hear the TTFF refute it.

A gyul friend of mines who eh know d difference between football and golf call me and tell me she hear it
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2009, 12:38:43 PM »
The TTFF is the worst-run organization in sports. I have a loathing despise for that group of incompetent fools.
Hart for president

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2009, 12:41:24 PM »

I agree with VB Flex.

Andre has his show this evening at 6:30.  It should make for interesting listening.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2009, 12:41:54 PM »
The TTFF is the worst-run organization in d world. I have a loathing despise for that group of incompetent fools.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2009, 12:45:09 PM »

I agree with VB Flex.

Andre has his show this evening at 6:30.  It should make for interesting listening.

He does talk cricket on a thursday so he may only mention it but saturday is d game so he might just talk saturday so feel free 2 call.

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2009, 01:06:54 PM »

For Samuel to have made such a flight he would have had to call Doc Brown, one of the stars from the hit movie "Back to the Future" and ask him to loan him his time machine to fly back some 10-hours in order to catch the early morning flight.

I'm sure Jack could have arranged this- can't figure why they didn't get him involved.  

By that logic, it could still be done. While we at it, let's go back to the point where Stern took the penatly against El Salvador.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2009, 01:14:35 PM »

I'm sure Jack could have arranged this- can't figure why they didn't get him involved.  

By that logic, it could still be done. While we at it, let's go back to the point where Stern took the penatly against El Salvador.

Not far enuff d pt when JW and he croonies take ovah d football.

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2009, 01:19:13 PM »
Incopetancy at its greatest..... :rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2009, 01:22:56 PM »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2009, 01:37:34 PM »
I will be on andre baptiste's show later.........guess what the topic is........lol

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2009, 01:40:43 PM »
I will be on andre baptiste's show later.........guess what the topic is........lol

ah love it!!

what channel is it?

and A.Baptiste is a shithong... I will only listen cuz the topic will be interesting

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2009, 01:41:02 PM »
Imagine, we short on shirts, so when we Costa Rica and after de game a Costa Rica player ask for a shirt exchange what will our player say ? check sports and games ?

:rotfl:

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2009, 01:53:53 PM »

ah love it!!

what channel is it?

and A.Baptiste is a shithong... I will only listen cuz the topic will be interesting

It's on the radio, 95.5, from about 6:25pm
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

1]; } ?>