April 29, 2024, 01:40:55 AM

Author Topic: TTFF Advisory - Re Jlloyd Samuel's travel schedule for Costa Rica game  (Read 13342 times)

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
The below is a statement from National Senior Team manager David Muhammad on the matter highlighted in a story written and published on the fans forum Socawarriors.net which is a website ran by fans living in the USA.

Mr Muhammad wished to make it clear that just like the other overseas-based players who were invited, were sent their notifications and travel schedule and received such, Mr Samuel was also a recipient but unfortunately turned up for his flight on the wrong day, contrary to the date printed on his scheduled.

Kind Regards

Statement from David Muhammad

The invitation letter that I just e-mailed to was sent to the 6 UK based players that were originally invited since September 26th (15 days prior to the first match). It clearly states that players were to fly in on Sunday, Oct. 4th. Bobby Zamora was the only player who said he had to change the date to Oct.5th as he had a match on Oct.4th. Jlloyd for some reason felt that he was to fly on Oct.5th and went to the airport also despite what the letter said. I was informed by Simpaul's Travel agency that Samuel's ticket was paid for in full and available on Oct.5th but was not located due to a the date change and original ticket number.
His travel itinerary was e-mailed on September 29th, but unlike the other players, he did not receive the information until I spoke to him and his agent directly. - David Muhammad.

Below is the letter of invitation sent all the overseas-based players on September 26,2009

Greetings,

I pray this brief invitation letter reaches you in the best of health and spirit.

You are among 6 UK based professionals being invited to play for the Trinidad & Tobago Senior Men's National Football Team for the final 2 FIFA World Cup Qualifying matches on October 10th and 14th against Costa Rica (away) and Mexico (home) respectively.

Our UK based players are expected to fly in to Trinidad on the evening of Sunday, October 4th and then we all leave as a team to Costa Rica on Wednesday, October 7th. We return to Trinidad to Sunday, October 11th to prepare for the final game against Mexico on October 14th. All overseas based players shall return to their separate leagues on Thursday, October 15th. Release letters have been sent and should have already been received by your clubs.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to e-mail, text or contact me on the number below,

Regards,

David Muhammad
T&T National Team Manager

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Re: TTFF Advisory - Re Jlloyd Samuel's travel schedule for Costa Rica game
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 05:27:20 PM »
This doesn't explain when Jlloyd got the specific details of his flight.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 05:28:28 PM »
This doesn't explain when Jlloyd got the specific details of his flight.

EXACTLY!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 05:29:06 PM »
Eh?? ah need to read this again, cuz mih first impression is that Jlloyd cyar read and understand the Queen's English.... :-\ :-\
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 05:29:30 PM »
LOUDEST OF STEUPSSSSSSSSSSS. Dat is d best they could come up wit after d story break.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 05:30:04 PM »
The below is a statement from National Senior Team manager David Muhammad on the matter highlighted in a story written and published on the fans forum Socawarriors.net which is a website ran by fans living in the USA.

Mr Muhammad wished to make it clear that just like the other overseas-based players who were invited, were sent their notifications and travel schedule and received such, Mr Samuel was also a recipient but unfortunately turned up for his flight on the wrong day, contrary to the date printed on his scheduled.

Kind Regards

The invitation letter that I just e-mailed to was sent to the 6 UK based players that were originally invited since September 26th (15 days prior to the first match). It clearly states that players were to fly in on Sunday, Oct. 4th. Bobby Zamora was the only player who said he had to change the date to Oct.5th as he had a match on Oct.4th. Jlloyd for some reason felt that he was to fly on Oct.5th and went to the airport also despite what the letter said. I was informed by Simpaul's Travel agency that Samuel's ticket was paid for in full and available on Oct.5th but was not located due to a the date change and original ticket number.
His travel itinerary was e-mailed on September 29th, but unlike the other players, he did not receive the information until I spoke to him and his agent directly. - David Muhammad.

Below is the letter of invitation sent all the overseas-based players on September 26,2009

Greetings,

I pray this brief invitation letter reaches you in the best of health and spirit.

You are among 6 UK based professionals being invited to play for the Trinidad & Tobago Senior Men's National Football Team for the final 2 FIFA World Cup Qualifying matches on October 10th and 14th against Costa Rica (away) and Mexico (home) respectively.

Our UK based players are expected to fly in to Trinidad on the evening of Sunday, October 4th and then we all leave as a team to Costa Rica on Wednesday, October 7th. We return to Trinidad to Sunday, October 11th to prepare for the final game against Mexico on October 14th. All overseas based players shall return to their separate leagues on Thursday, October 15th. Release letters have been sent and should have already been received by your clubs.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to e-mail, text or contact me on the number below,

Regards,

David Muhammad

Didn't Jlloyd say that he went in the evening, but the flight was in the Morning?  ???

TTFF manager takes Jlloyd for a joy ride.
By: Inshan "Flex" Mohammed.

Samuel meanwhile, who remains 100% committed to Trinidad and Tobago was originally called up by head coach Russell Latapy for both games and only got an email on Sunday afternoon with his flight details for Sunday morning from TTFF manager David Muhammad. Allow me to repeat this, Samuel's flight details were received Sunday afternoon for a Sunday (the same day) morning flight departure.

Big Up!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 05:32:20 PM by DeSoWa »
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 05:32:25 PM »

Didn't Jlloyd say that he went in the evening, but the flight was in the Morning?  ???

Big Up!

The flight was Sunday morning, he got a text Sunday evening - hours late - with the details according to his side of the story.

This says the flight was Sunday evening.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 05:35:39 PM by E-man »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 05:35:05 PM »

Big Up!

My understanding was that he got a text sunday evening advising him that the flight was sunday morning.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 05:36:14 PM »

Kind Regards

Greetings,

Regards,

David Muhammad

TTFF manager takes Jlloyd for a joy ride.
By: Inshan "Flex" Mohammed.

Samuel meanwhile, who remains 100% committed to Trinidad and Tobago was originally called up by head coach Russell Latapy for both games and only got an email on Sunday afternoon with his flight details for Sunday morning from TTFF manager David Muhammad. Allow me to repeat this, Samuel's flight details were received Sunday afternoon for a Sunday (the same day) morning flight departure.

Big Up!

Muhammed d prophet turnin in he grave
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 05:39:33 PM »
But the letter above from Senor Muhummad says that the details he send to Jlloyd around September 26th says the flight was Sunday evening.

How then could he, Muhammad, have sent an email on Sunday evening saying the flight on Sunday morning, when the initial email HE Muhammad sent says Sunday evening.  So even he eh know the time Jlloyd was supposed to leave then??

But what the hell is this....whole week UDECOTT trying to take mih for a fool, now this clown....what really going on here??... :-\  >:(
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 05:43:13 PM »
all ah we gehin tie up

"Our UK based players are expected to fly in to Trinidad on the evening of Sunday, October 4th"
TTFF sent the Time that the flight would arrive in TnT not the time that the flight would leave London :devil: :devil:

HARD LUCK there JLS :-[
ah trini woulda figured that out easy easy :D :D
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 05:55:27 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 05:43:52 PM »
But the letter above from Senor Muhummad says that the details he send to Jlloyd around September 26th says the flight was Sunday evening.

How then could he, Muhammad, have sent an email on Sunday evening saying the flight on Sunday morning, when the initial email HE Muhammad sent says Sunday evening.  So even he eh know the time Jlloyd was supposed to leave then??

But what the hell is this....whole week UDECOTT trying to take mih for a fool, now this clown....what really going on here??... :-\  >:(

UDECOTT is pale 2 dis clown

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 05:44:32 PM »

Read it again sugar.

Our UK based players are expected to fly in to Trinidad on the evening of Sunday, October 4th

I read that as they supposed to arrive in T&T on Sunday evening.

Seeing that they comin from de UK.....it stands to reason that the flight would leave the UK in the morning.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 05:54:18 PM »
BURY DEM
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 05:56:50 PM »
all ah we gehin tie up

"Our UK based players are expected to fly in to Trinidad on the evening of Sunday, October 4th"
TTFF sent the Time that the flight would arrive in TnT not the time that the flight would leave London :devil: :devil:

Thxs I now overstand.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2009, 05:58:22 PM »
Alright Palos, but explain this part to me....

I was informed by Simpaul's Travel agency that Samuel's ticket was paid for in full and available on Oct.5th but was not located due to a the date change and original ticket number.

Due a date change??...when did the date change occur??  
Andre Samuel also just said that David Muhummad NEVER spoke to Jlloyd between Friday and Tuesday....so explain this....

Palos boy....bottom line is somebody screw up...for all yuh know perhaps Simpaul's (them again), screwed up and David is taking the licks....
Anywho, I should be packing mih bags to go Tobago tomorrow but all yuh have mih here in bachanal... ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2009, 05:59:52 PM »
all ah we gehin tie up

But West, how Jlloyd was supposed to know the time the flight leaving??....that is what would be important to him, the departure time.....not the time it arriving in Trinidad....steups....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2009, 06:01:50 PM »
Alright Palos, but explain this part to me....

I was informed by Simpaul's Travel agency that Samuel's ticket was paid for in full and available on Oct.5th but was not located due to a the date change and original ticket number.

Due a date change??...when did the date change occur??  
Andre Samuel also just said that David Muhummad NEVER spoke to Jlloyd between Friday and Tuesday....so explain this....

Pack yuh bags 4get dis chaos.

Palos boy....bottom line is somebody screw up...for all yuh know perhaps Simpaul's (them again), screwed up and David is taking the licks....
Anywho, I should be packing mih bags to go Tobago tomorrow but all yuh have mih here in bachanal... ;D

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2009, 06:05:16 PM »
sorry
was being facetious

No where in that email/letter/text/BB/Pin/facebook/twitter/message is the departure time given........TTFF ent easy atall atall.....................lawd
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2009, 06:05:39 PM »
What's funny to me is,didn't all the UK based players get the same letter,how some came and Jloyd alone did not get there,something just not adding up here.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2009, 06:07:33 PM »
What's funny to me is,didn't all the UK based players get the same letter,how some came and Jloyd alone did not get there,something just not adding up here.
So, he got the letter. He knows he has a flight some time on October 5. Now what?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2009, 06:09:59 PM »

So when he eh respond d prophet could not re-sent d email. LOUDEST OF STEUPSSSSSSS

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2009, 06:10:20 PM »

Seems Shaun trying to say de fans wrote de letter (which we didn't) and they living in de US and in smart way they dont know what going on because they living thousands of miles away.

I say, he is trying to be sarcastic, seems like a riff between Flex and Shaun is broiling...

And David Muhammad is a dummy.

If they mess up, no big deal, just say so, everyone makes mistakes. A simple phone call is still the BEST way...

I am sure Jlloyd will call up the other five invited players and make arrangments to meet them in de airport if he had known in time.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 06:12:22 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline mysoccerson

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2009, 06:12:31 PM »
He never got his details till Sunday Evening. I guess he did not think that I would be listening to this thousands of miles away

Be real and admit that you messed up and lets move on.
Live everyday as its your last

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2009, 06:13:58 PM »
So, he got the letter. He knows he has a flight some time on October 5. Now what?

No, according to the letter above the flight was on Sunday October 4th....but he didn't get the letter, now what?....Let's for argument's sake go along with what Muhummad is suggesting in that he sent out invitations to all the players but for some strange reason, Jlloyd was the only player who did not get his flight details.  

Is there not some system of follow up?

For example, when the email is sent, an acknowledgement is required.  If acknowledgement is not received, another email is sent and/or a phone call is placed.....
Yuh right Coop's something not adding up....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2009, 06:14:53 PM »
He never got his details till Sunday Evening. I guess he did not think that I would be listening to this thousands of miles away

is the TTFF, being "Spetial Advithed" by Austin "Jack" Warner
ya should be used to this bacchanal by now :devil:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 06:21:20 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2009, 06:15:19 PM »

Seems Shaun trying to say de fans wrote de letter (which we didn't) and they living in de US and in smart way they dont know what going on because they living thousands of miles away.

I say, he is trying to be sarcastic, seems like a riff between Flex and Shaun is broiling...

And David Muhammad is a dummy.

If they mess up, no big deal, just say so, everyone makes mistakes. A simple phone call is still the BEST way...

I am sure Jlloyd will call up the other five invited players and make arrangments to meet them in de airport if he had known in time.

But he cousin livin in TNT. So Shaun take a BIG STEUPSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2009, 06:15:49 PM »

They official writer feels we eh know nothing because we live thousand of miles away.

This forum is a panel for all and its a powerful tool despite what Shaun thinks of us here.

I say, he is a red eye fella. Jealously is a bad thing.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2009, 06:16:59 PM »

No, according to the letter above the flight was on Sunday October 4th....but he didn't get the letter, now what?....Let's for argument's sake go along with what Muhummad is suggesting in that he sent out invitations to all the players but for some strange reason, Jlloyd was the only player who did not get his flight details.  

Is there not some system of follow up?

For example, when the email is sent, an acknowledgement is required.  If acknowledgement is not received, another email is sent and/or a phone call is placed.....
Yuh right Coop's something not adding up....
BrownSugar for Soca Warriors Team Manager

TTFF ent easy atall atall
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2009, 06:17:19 PM »

Mrs samuels , did Jlloyd find out about all the mele, or he still don't know yet about all the fuss going on around his name ?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>