April 28, 2024, 03:25:56 PM

Author Topic: TTFF Advisory - Re Jlloyd Samuel's travel schedule for Costa Rica game  (Read 13308 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF Advisory - Re Jlloyd Samuel's travel schedule for Costa Rica game
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2009, 10:01:09 AM »
i will get some flack for this post but i want to highlight a few things..

Firstly, (if its in fact true) I don't see anything wrong in emailing flight itineraries. That is standard travel agency procedure. For example, Orbitz doesn't call you to find out if you got your flight itinerary in email, the most you might get is a follow up reminder email a couple days before. If the TTFF sends you a preliminary email informing you of your selection and your scheduled travel dates, then you don't see an itinerary up to two days before then the onus is on you to then get in contact and ask a question.. Any of a number of things could happen; travel agency cock up, email to junk etc..

with that said, let me be clear that I'm not faulting Jlloyd, because from what im getting, he did make concerted efforts to contact the TTFF to find out beforehand but to no avail.

Secondly....

Moms.. ah know yuh love yuh son and ah know yuh looking out for his best interest. My moms would probably do the same. But even though I glad for the zeppo, I personally disagree with you bringing the dirty laundry out in the open; or if you were going to do it then i think you shouldve done it anonymously.

There will be fallout... For one, his future relationship with the TTFF will be tense.. Now I know this may not be high up on the list of priorities, but i'm more concerned with this being taken up by the UK press and highlighted in a negative light, and the subsequent impact it could have. It wouldn't surprise me if the back page of the News of the World come out with a splash "Samuel's mom in row with federation" or some shit like that then the snowball effect comes in.. forums.. blogs.. fan chants at games.. stick from his teammates etc.. Is seemingly minor things like that could throw off ah man game.

You may have been well intentioned, but your son is a big man. My position is you shoulda let him handle it in his own manner.

This is high-grade bullshit.  First off Orbitz is your travel agent, not your manager... they rightly don't call to follow up because it's not their duty to, they make flight arrangements, end of story.  David Mohammed is no travel agent, he's the team manager.  Team MANAGE-r is responsible for coordinating travel and logistics, as well as other minutiae such as accommodations, meals, per diems etc.  You MANAGE... and yes, that means holding hands if necessary and making sure everyone understands where they are to be, when they're supposed to be there.  Yes Jlloyd is a professional, but there is mutual responsibility... and in this case one person is tasked with a specific job and he failed to execute it properly.  Imagine a Premier League player oversleeping and missing a flight... who's ass you think will be held over the fire (in addition to the player)?  The team manager will be taken to task for not calling that player and making sure he's at the rendezvous point ahead of travel time.  This is what sport team managers do... it is standard for the profession, but that in itself tells the story... none of these TTFF clowns see what they do as a profession so they treat it accordingly.

This other nonsense about "dirty laundry" is just that... NONSENSE.  The woman right to come clear her son name because clearly the perception given out there by the TTFF is that Jlloyd half-assed and missed his flight and treating the national shirt with contempt.  If his mother feels that he's too demure to clear his name then it's every bit her right to do so herself... especially since she made it clear that she contacted LP and got no response.

If there is fallout then so be it... TTFF blacklist man for a lot less, if it comes to that then Jlloyd is none the worse for the experience he goes back to living his life w/o having to deal with this jokey banana republic outfit.

----------------------------

MEP agreed... nothing wrong with the email, my  criticism is about the lack of follow-up. Sending an email is not communication, the other person receiving it and responding is.  Until that happens then Mohammed hasn't done his job.

Regarding the email communication and manager's responsibility, one single line in the email would have necessitated no further correspondence:

Please confirm receipt of this email and itinerary in writing and inform of your availability.

Had that been a part of the correspondence then there would be no further need for him to call or remind the player that he had a flight that day. You must be crazy if you think that a manager would be taken to task for a player oversleeping and missing his flight further to all the arrangements being put in place.

I wholeheartedly agree with the fact that Muhammad didn't do his job properly and his lack of communication is shocking (but not surprising).. I just don't agree with the notion that he must call every man jack to remind them they have a flight in the morning.

as for the other part about dirty laundry, feel free to disagree but i stand firm. there are better channels to address that.

Dinho that line still don't make anything different. You could put all the RSVP you want, the onus is o the manager to call and get the word from the horses' mouth. If he call and their is no response, then he informs the Coach and the federation TD that the players is not responding to text, email, or phone calls. Even if he have to jump on a plane (if they really need the player or concerned as to the non response) and go see what's up with the player. The federation is the one t oensure the player has everything they need, you feel is just so Brazil and Germany does beat people.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2009, 10:03:21 AM »
Ah leave the board for a few days and is real bacchanal yes...  :rotfl:

every body and they mum posting  :devil:

Sorry Mrs Samuel... yuh know how Trinidadian administration is at every level

All we need now is fuh Jack to come and reveal which poster he is  :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2009, 10:14:49 AM »
Dinho, thanks for your input. I Appreciate it wholeheartedly.

Firstly: I do not think its anyone's business if I decided to vent my grievances on the negative things that I see going on.

Secondly: I do not have to hide behind close doors if I have to voice my opinion

Thirdly: Who are you to tell me to keep out of my child's business and let him fight his battles himself?  Battles? I never new that Jlloyd was fighting a battle. Last time I checked, I was the one that was appalled by the treatment.

Fourthly: I know that he is a big man, so no need to remind me. Does that mean that whatever age your kids are and you see that someone is about to hang them to cover their backs, you are going to wait till it happen? I THINK NOT!!

Last and not least: Here is what I see that would have happen.. Jlloyd never turn up for the game because of a right groin strain. This forum would have taken him to the cleaners, and judge him differently.

Do do I regret all this. No.. And all this crap that it might meet English newspaper, then GREAT

And the comment about his friends will laugh at him....Please do me a favor and get with the programme. This is not kinder garden..

People will say what they want and when they want it. Its the way of bloody life!!

YOU HAVE A BLESSED DAY

I likin u more evry day. Nice goin moms. If d other players family do what u dis tings might just change
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2009, 10:18:55 AM »
Here is what I see that would have happen.. Jlloyd never turn up for the game because of a right groin strain. This forum would have taken him to the cleaners, and judge him differently.
Which I'm positive has happened to others before without insight from behind the scenes.

(Ah know is Track and Field but) people still cussing Kerron Clement even after Ato tell them is the NAAA that mess up.

We just luv 2 cuss peeps who doh represent we they must just take d nonesense as part of representin TNT. Y 4 heaven's sake I will neva understand.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2009, 10:20:48 AM »

Firstly: I do not think its anyone's business if I decided to vent my grievances on the negative things that I see going on.

Secondly: I do not have to hide behind close doors if I have to voice my opinion

Thirdly: Who are you to tell me to keep out of my child's business and let him fight his battles himself?  Battles? I never new that Jlloyd was fighting a battle. Last time I checked, I was the one that was appalled by the treatment.

Fourthly: I know that he is a big man, so no need to remind me. Does that mean that whatever age your kids are and you see that someone is about to hang them to cover their backs, you are going to wait till it happen? I THINK NOT!!

Last and not least: Here is what I see that would have happen.. Jlloyd never turn up for the game because of a right groin strain. This forum would have taken him to the cleaners, and judge him differently.

Do do I regret all this. No.. And all this crap that it might meet English newspaper, then GREAT

And the comment about his friends will laugh at him....Please do me a favor and get with the programme. This is not kinder garden..

People will say what they want and when they want it. Its the way of bloody life!!

YOU HAVE A BLESSED DAY

Well said !!!!!!!!

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2009, 10:21:40 AM »

Statement from David Muhammad

The invitation letter that I just e-mailed to was sent to the 6 UK based players that were originally invited since September 26th (15 days prior to the first match). It clearly states that players were to fly in on Sunday, Oct. 4th. Bobby Zamora was the only player who said he had to change the date to Oct.5th as he had a match on Oct.4th. Jlloyd for some reason felt that he was to fly on Oct.5th and went to the airport also despite what the letter said. I was informed by Simpaul's Travel agency that Samuel's ticket was paid for in full and available on Oct.5th but was not located due to a the date change and original ticket number.
His travel itinerary was e-mailed on September 29th, but unlike the other players, he did not receive the information until I spoke to him and his agent directly. - David Muhammad.

Below is the letter of invitation sent all the overseas-based players on September 26,2009

Greetings,

I pray this brief invitation letter reaches you in the best of health and spirit.

You are among 6 UK based professionals being invited to play for the Trinidad & Tobago Senior Men's National Football Team for the final 2 FIFA World Cup Qualifying matches on October 10th and 14th against Costa Rica (away) and Mexico (home) respectively.

Our UK based players are expected to fly in to Trinidad on the evening of Sunday, October 4th and then we all leave as a team to Costa Rica on Wednesday, October 7th. We return to Trinidad to Sunday, October 11th to prepare for the final game against Mexico on October 14th. All overseas based players shall return to their separate leagues on Thursday, October 15th. Release letters have been sent and should have already been received by your clubs.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to e-mail, text or contact me on the number below,

Regards,

David Muhammad
T&T National Team Manager

OK, I have read this over and over and trying to make sense of it and ah still confuse.

First of all no where in that letter state what the flight itinerary was, it just say they are expected to fly in the country at some time in the evening. Plus he then say the ticket was for Oct 5th and simpauls could not find it cus it was changed, never said from when to when that change was made. so how Jlloyd suppose to know the exact time his flight would be?

That email was just the ivitation to rep the country, that was no flight details letting Jlloyd know when the flight was, he was expecting that to come at a later date, did not get it, so he decide he will just pack and get ready and go to the airport (thinking it was sun evening) guess he misunderstood the initial email ( i may have to at 1st)...but when he got there, no ticket was available yet again...so what you expect the poor boy to do...not say forget it and go back to the team that paying his bills? Steupsss

Big Up!

DeSoWa:

Your analysis is exactly correct.  When you making flight arrangements for someone, you don't tell tell them when they are arriving at the end of the trip (except for incidental information), you impress on them when their departure time is.  What does Jlloyd care about when he gets into TT?  He needs to know when he has to get to the airport to depart.  The info released by TTFF is at best confusing with all kinds of details about the US players that is no use top Mr. Samuel.  Again, a clear demonstration of the inefficient way we have of doing things in Trinidad.  It would have been nice to see how he fit in with Julius James and Primus as the future of the defensive team!
The only good or positive thing I observe in this story is the ongoing desire of Jlloyd to play for TT.  We shall see!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2009, 10:22:25 AM »
Ah leave the board for a few days and is real bacchanal yes...  :rotfl:

All we need now is fuh Jack to come and reveal which poster he is  :beermug:

Dat not necessary he croonies doin a hell of a job.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2009, 10:23:15 AM »
Coop's

Dinho

... anyone else?  ;D

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2009, 10:27:03 AM »
dey buy computers for the under 20 boys.. they could at least buy Magic-jack for the seniors, instead ah texting....
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2009, 10:43:53 AM »
Coop's

Dinho

... anyone else?  ;D

please eh fellah..

i just trying to bring a lil objectivity to the table. who want to disagree and cheerlead could feel free, its really of no consequence.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2009, 11:01:44 AM »
Here is what I see that would have happen.. Jlloyd never turn up for the game because of a right groin strain. This forum would have taken him to the cleaners, and judge him differently.
Which I'm positive has happened to others before without insight from behind the scenes.

(Ah know is Track and Field but) people still cussing Kerron Clement even after Ato tell them is the NAAA that mess up.

We just luv 2 cuss peeps who doh represent we they must just take d nonesense as part of representin TNT. Y 4 heaven's sake I will neva understand.
False pride.

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2009, 11:15:34 AM »

YOU HAVE A BLESSED DAY

Mysoccerson ... it is good that you are on the site.... I would have done the same for my kids ..... and even more!!!!!

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2009, 11:23:35 AM »
Coop you are as ignorant as some of the people in Administration. To call my child a baby? First of all I told Jlloyd about the letter that I was sending. I told Jlloyd about the interview that was being done today.

He is a cool laid back guy that do not like bacchanal as you would call it.  I am the one that he called to vent on what happened.

I was the one that took it upon myself to take it further. So to call my child a baby" You are so right" He is my baby, and I will stick up and protect him and his sister until I die. Its call LOVE. And guess what Coop. Our family is bonded and thrive by that four letter word 'LOVE".So please do not try to hate nor disrespect my child,because there is plenty more pepper in my pot.

I may have left Trinidad when I was a teenager, but believe me the veins still run like a Trini.

RESPECT

"Our family is bonded and thrive by that four letter word 'LOVE"

This is exactly what's missing from TnT's society today and could well be the root of many of the social problems we face as a people. Not enough love and support to go around. Forget the issue at hand.. I applaud you for showing so much genuine support for your child.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2009, 11:50:28 AM »
SOME BODY PLEASE APPOINT THIS WOMAN AS THE SPECIAL ADVISOR/ADMINISTRATOR.... PLEASE!  :beermug:

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2009, 11:53:23 AM »
The below is a statement from National Senior Team manager David Muhammad on the matter highlighted in a story written and published on the fans forum Socawarriors.net which is a website ran by fans living in the USA.

Seems Shaun trying to say de fans wrote de letter (which we didn't) and they living in de US and in smart way they dont know what going on because they living thousands of miles away.

I say, he is trying to be sarcastic, seems like a riff between Flex and Shaun is broiling...

And David Muhammad is a dummy.

If they mess up, no big deal, just say so, everyone makes mistakes. A simple phone call is still the BEST way...

I am sure Jlloyd will call up the other five invited players and make arrangments to meet them in de airport if he had known in time.

Yeah Sam i noticed that little USA jab too.

As for the actually rebuttal, it read like complete nonsense. 'I was informed by Simpaul's Travel agency that Samuel's ticket was paid for in full and available on Oct.5th ' But yet you said Samuel was supposed to be on a flight on the 4th? Muhammed also offers no explanation for the magical changing of Samuel's ticket number.
Hart for president

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2009, 11:59:56 AM »
SOME BODY PLEASE APPOINT THIS WOMAN AS THE SPECIAL ADVISOR/ADMINISTRATOR.... PLEASE!  :beermug:

Y yuh dislike d lady or is anew TTFF yuh talkin bout 4 she 2 b advisor and administrator.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2009, 12:02:28 PM »
The below is a statement from National Senior Team manager David Muhammad on the matter highlighted in a story written and published on the fans forum Socawarriors.net which is a website ran by fans living in the USA.

Seems Shaun trying to say de fans wrote de letter (which we didn't) and they living in de US and in smart way they dont know what going on because they living thousands of miles away.

I say, he is trying to be sarcastic, seems like a riff between Flex and Shaun is broiling...

If they mess up, no big deal, just say so, everyone makes mistakes. A simple phone call is still the BEST way...

I am sure Jlloyd will call up the other five invited players and make arrangments to meet them in de airport if he had known in time.

As for the actually rebuttal, it read like complete nonsense. 'I was informed by Simpaul's Travel agency that Samuel's ticket was paid for in full and available on Oct.5th ' But yet you said Samuel was supposed to be on a flight on the 4th? Muhammed also offers no explanation for the magical changing of Samuel's ticket number.

Dat jab eh land zero pts. Then he was TKO after d press release. It have more holes than swiss cheese.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2009, 12:05:37 PM »

Y yuh dislike d lady or is anew TTFF yuh talkin bout 4 she 2 b advisor and administrator.

New TTFF aka SWTTFF give SMALL MAG the MARKETING DIRECTOR job, TOUCHES the media officer wuk... Tallman the Scouting Job, Put BM on the disciplinary committee. Since FLEX running this board fuh next to nutten all these years, he go wuk Treasury. Capo do help we with the entertainment... Jah Gol we go find sumethin fuh he.  

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2009, 12:08:51 PM »

New TTFF aka SWTTFF give SMALL MAG the MARKETING DIRECTOR job, TOUCHES the media officer wuk... Tallman the Scouting Job, Put BM on the disciplinary committee. Since FLEX running this board fuh next to nutten all these years, he go wuk Treasury. Capo do help we with the entertainment... Jah Gol we go find sumethin fuh he.  

Jah and Eman go share d IT duties. Dat SWTTFF lookin good. We done have d administrator sorted out.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2009, 12:11:18 PM »

Westcoast for team manager. That will flood out yuh inbox with flight itinerary reminders lol..

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 09, 2009, 12:12:19 PM »

Dat jab eh land zero pts. Then he was TKO after d press release. It have more holes than swiss cheese.

lol
Hart for president

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 09, 2009, 12:14:37 PM »

Westcoast for team manager. That will flood out yuh inbox with flight itinerary reminders lol..

:rotfl:
Hart for president

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 09, 2009, 12:16:48 PM »

I think he would have to fight with Weary for dat wuk  :devil:  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2009, 12:21:50 PM »

I think he would have to fight with Weary for dat wuk  :devil:  ;D

Big Up!

Nah he can have it.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2009, 12:26:49 PM »
The real issue here have something to do with TT menatality.
This manager obviously feel he is more important to the team than the players.
I still maintain that a simple phone call to all the players telling them of their selection is the right thing to do.
sending an email is BS.
Men decide to play for their country adopted or otherwise and yuh insult them by sending an email ?
This manager lazy and on ride.
I remember the last manager in Germany sweating because the day before the Sweden game his wife did not turn up yet with the pigeon peas so that the players could get pelau before the big game, that was manager who did everything the palyers.
All TTFF had to do was go to digicel or tstt and ask them for phones and the companies woulda be asking them how much they want.
Not even the inept WIBC treat palyers this way, they always call the players.
Jlloyd and no other player deserve this shyte.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2009, 12:30:28 PM »
I still maintain that a simple phone call to all the players telling them of their selection is the right thing to do.
sending an email is BS.
Men decide to play for their country adopted or otherwise and yuh insult them by sending an email ?
I remember the last manager in Germany sweating because the day before the Sweden game his wife did not turn up yet with the pigeon peas so that the players could get pelau before the big game, that was manager who did everything the palyers.
All TTFF had to do was go to digicel or tstt and ask them for phones and the companies woulda be asking them how much they want.

For the PR is CEOLE TONGUE vs ENGLISH TONGUE vs American tongue... and do leh we go with turkish tongue... dialect does get in the way so we BBing and emailing dem they invited and flight info.  :beermug:

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2009, 01:04:34 PM »
sending an email is BS.
you know. is like they dont even have a secretary at the front desk to do this or what!!!

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2009, 01:13:30 PM »
nobody find it interesting (but expected) that travel arranged by simpaul's travel agency....owned by Jack Warner and co.

...and the warners' exploitation of T&T football for their financial gain continues.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2009, 01:32:37 PM »
nobody find it interesting (but expected) that travel arranged by simpaul's travel agency....owned by Jack Warner and co.

...and the warners' exploitation of T&T football for their financial gain continues.

If it was not Simpaul's we woulda b shock and Shabazz chattin he nonesense dat we need jack. He use d wrong pronoun. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII NEEDDDDDDDDDD JACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2009, 01:45:45 PM »
After we exit form Egypt some ah the simpaul execs took in the Chelski vs Liver =fool game... no big deal, but they was in stretch Hummer and drinking champaign... Daryll say he daddy eh pay for de luxuries... each man pay fuh it with they own credit card.... No big deal.... but it in de back ah meh head how they did the "Ticket or Leave It" and make so much money by exploiting de people...

1]; } ?>