March 29, 2024, 03:29:46 AM

Author Topic: TTFF Advisory - Re Jlloyd Samuel's travel schedule for Costa Rica game  (Read 13180 times)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF Advisory - Re Jlloyd Samuel's travel schedule for Costa Rica game
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2009, 10:22:46 PM »
BURY DEM
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2009, 11:08:42 PM »

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to e-mail, text or contact me on the number below,

Regards,

David Muhammad
T&T National Team Manager

i thought it was free to hear it straight from the source?

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2009, 11:14:23 PM »

Statement from David Muhammad

The invitation letter that I just e-mailed to was sent to the 6 UK based players that were originally invited since September 26th (15 days prior to the first match). It clearly states that players were to fly in on Sunday, Oct. 4th. Bobby Zamora was the only player who said he had to change the date to Oct.5th as he had a match on Oct.4th. Jlloyd for some reason felt that he was to fly on Oct.5th and went to the airport also despite what the letter said. I was informed by Simpaul's Travel agency that Samuel's ticket was paid for in full and available on Oct.5th but was not located due to a the date change and original ticket number.
His travel itinerary was e-mailed on September 29th, but unlike the other players, he did not receive the information until I spoke to him and his agent directly. - David Muhammad.

Below is the letter of invitation sent all the overseas-based players on September 26,2009

Greetings,

I pray this brief invitation letter reaches you in the best of health and spirit.

You are among 6 UK based professionals being invited to play for the Trinidad & Tobago Senior Men's National Football Team for the final 2 FIFA World Cup Qualifying matches on October 10th and 14th against Costa Rica (away) and Mexico (home) respectively.

Our UK based players are expected to fly in to Trinidad on the evening of Sunday, October 4th and then we all leave as a team to Costa Rica on Wednesday, October 7th. We return to Trinidad to Sunday, October 11th to prepare for the final game against Mexico on October 14th. All overseas based players shall return to their separate leagues on Thursday, October 15th. Release letters have been sent and should have already been received by your clubs.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to e-mail, text or contact me on the number below,

Regards,

David Muhammad

OK, I have read this over and over and trying to make sense of it and ah still confuse.

First of all no where in that letter state what the flight itinerary was, it just say they are expected to fly in the country at some time in the evening. Plus he then say the ticket was for Oct 5th and simpauls could not find it cus it was changed, never said from when to when that change was made. so how Jlloyd suppose to know the exact time his flight would be?

That email was just the ivitation to rep the country, that was no flight details letting Jlloyd know when the flight was, he was expecting that to come at a later date, did not get it, so he decide he will just pack and get ready and go to the airport (thinking it was sun evening) guess he misunderstood the initial email ( i may have to at 1st)...but when he got there, no ticket was available yet again...so what you expect the poor boy to do...not say forget it and go back to the team that paying his bills? Steupsss

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2009, 11:16:52 PM »
 :rotfl:   ah take a day off and drama.  This has to be the greatest.  ;D
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2009, 11:23:48 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/cYkqMT6HKD0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/cYkqMT6HKD0</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2009, 12:36:51 AM »
Just for clarification sake, I am an active member of the TT media. I have no job with the TTFF but I simply post info on the website when I get them, so the news will reach a wider audience earlier than it does on most occasions. Stay blessed everyone!!

Arrite cool... Small Mag vouch fuh yuh too. 

I now coming and say that after all dat praise I heap on yuh in de SSFL thread tuh come and find out you is Jack lapdog Fido Fuentes  :-\

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2009, 03:19:42 AM »
The below is a statement from National Senior Team manager David Muhammad on the matter highlighted in a story written and published on the fans forum Socawarriors.net which is a website ran by fans living in the USA.

Mr Muhammad wished to make it clear that just like the other overseas-based players who were invited, were sent their notifications and travel schedule and received such, Mr Samuel was also a recipient but unfortunately turned up for his flight on the wrong day, contrary to the date printed on his scheduled.

Kind Regards

Statement from David Muhammad

The invitation letter that I just e-mailed to was sent to the 6 UK based players that were originally invited since September 26th (15 days prior to the first match). It clearly states that players were to fly in on Sunday, Oct. 4th. Bobby Zamora was the only player who said he had to change the date to Oct.5th as he had a match on Oct.4th. Jlloyd for some reason felt that he was to fly on Oct.5th and went to the airport also despite what the letter said. I was informed by Simpaul's Travel agency that Samuel's ticket was paid for in full and available on Oct.5th but was not located due to a the date change and original ticket number.
His travel itinerary was e-mailed on September 29th, but unlike the other players, he did not receive the information until I spoke to him and his agent directly. - David Muhammad.
Below is the letter of invitation sent all the overseas-based players on September 26,2009

Greetings,

I pray this brief invitation letter reaches you in the best of health and spirit.

You are among 6 UK based professionals being invited to play for the Trinidad & Tobago Senior Men's National Football Team for the final 2 FIFA World Cup Qualifying matches on October 10th and 14th against Costa Rica (away) and Mexico (home) respectively.

Our UK based players are expected to fly in to Trinidad on the evening of Sunday, October 4th and then we all leave as a team to Costa Rica on Wednesday, October 7th. We return to Trinidad to Sunday, October 11th to prepare for the final game against Mexico on October 14th. All overseas based players shall return to their separate leagues on Thursday, October 15th. Release letters have been sent and should have already been received by your clubs.

Regards,

David Muhammad

I am going to give Mr. Muhamed some leeway here. If he did email JLS and he unlike others didn't receive it. It may not be entirely his fault. I doubt the man mad enough to email five and blank JL.

Some points to consider:

(i) Shouldn't the playersa confirm receipt of the letter and their intent to come.
If JL didn't respond why didn't someone  check? They just assumed he was coming based on no reply from an email?? :-0

(ii) If they thought he was coming on Oct. 4 and he thought Oct. 5. HOW did that happen???

(iii)Even if the TTFF wishes to save money on phone calls, simple confirmations or lack of can keep them apprised of what's happening.

If this is the kind of communication that occurs with our best defender, how the hell do they  communicate with players in lesser leagues??

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2009, 04:10:34 AM »
:rotfl:   ah take a day off and drama.  This has to be the greatest.  ;D

A day off u cyah even blink these dayzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2009, 04:14:59 AM »
What I cyar understand with these managers,although yuh could email,text, etc,it is your RESPONSIBILITY to make sure the players not only get the message but clearly understands it.Is calling someone on the phone so outdated?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 04:17:00 AM by royal »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2009, 04:23:09 AM »
What I cyar understand with these managers,although yuh could email,text, etc,it is your RESPONSIBILITY to make sure the players not only get the message but clearly understands it.Is calling someone on the phone so outdated?

All yuh 4get that these fellas call d media 2 announce  d team and then email d list. D technology avialable but is pre-historic peeps usin it.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2009, 04:39:02 AM »
Dey could skype the men and them but that may be too difficult for them...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2009, 04:51:33 AM »

2 technical let dem invest in some magic jack. After all dey should b familiar wit a jack

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2009, 05:20:02 AM »
I think we have to add- Trinidad is one of the most comical places on the planet. Brown Sugar please note that I did not say Tobago. Chalkie was right- To live in Trinidad one has to have a sense of Humour..The truth shall set us free and what you do in the dark will come to light.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2009, 05:38:48 AM »
remember we did ask who this David muhammad fella was ? ...allyuh see is Simpaul travel service that does do the tickets and ting ? ... Give unto Jack the things that are jack's ...hotel to keep teams, travel service to move teams, money from FIFA for the team, restaurant to feed teams ...sports company to promote events ...agency to sell package with World cup tickets tickets  Ah wonder which agency get de contract for de under 20 team ???....it have anything left for anybody ??
..and allyuh want to know why jack eh resigning ??
s

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2009, 07:47:31 AM »
If this is the kind of communication that occurs with our best defender, how the hell do they  communicate with players in lesser leagues??

VB
maybe using this...see below

2 technical let dem invest in some magic jack. After all dey should b familiar wit a jack
Steeuuups
some ah dem still tryin to figure this out
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 07:55:28 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2009, 08:01:20 AM »
well look thing...Coop's jump een and get ah cyber buff  ;D

Coop's is a continues to make JackAss type statement's on here .....good to see the spanking he just get...now  he should go in the corner and shut his Ass for at least ah couple months.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2009, 08:05:32 AM »
i will get some flack for this post but i want to highlight a few things..

Firstly, (if its in fact true) I don't see anything wrong in emailing flight itineraries. That is standard travel agency procedure. For example, Orbitz doesn't call you to find out if you got your flight itinerary in email, the most you might get is a follow up reminder email a couple days before. If the TTFF sends you a preliminary email informing you of your selection and your scheduled travel dates, then you don't see an itinerary up to two days before then the onus is on you to then get in contact and ask a question.. Any of a number of things could happen; travel agency cock up, email to junk etc..

with that said, let me be clear that I'm not faulting Jlloyd, because from what im getting, he did make concerted efforts to contact the TTFF to find out beforehand but to no avail.

Secondly....

Moms.. ah know yuh love yuh son and ah know yuh looking out for his best interest. My moms would probably do the same. But even though I glad for the zeppo, I personally disagree with you bringing the dirty laundry out in the open; or if you were going to do it then i think you shouldve done it anonymously.

There will be fallout... For one, his future relationship with the TTFF will be tense.. Now I know this may not be high up on the list of priorities, but i'm more concerned with this being taken up by the UK press and highlighted in a negative light, and the subsequent impact it could have. It wouldn't surprise me if the back page of the News of the World come out with a splash "Samuel's mom in row with federation" or some shit like that then the snowball effect comes in.. forums.. blogs.. fan chants at games.. stick from his teammates etc.. Is seemingly minor things like that could throw off ah man game.

You may have been well intentioned, but your son is a big man. My position is you shoulda let him handle it in his own manner.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2009, 08:14:24 AM »
Bakes nothing is wrong with an email if it is part of an established procedure but the problem here is the procedure. Tickets shouldn't be sent a day before or a day of a game since games are planned months in advance and each email should be followed up with a simple phone call...yuh get yuh ticket???..yes ????no??? but again it should not be a couple days before a game....

Offline mysoccerson

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2009, 08:26:50 AM »
Dinho, thanks for your input. I Appreciate it wholeheartedly.

Firstly: I do not think its anyone's business if I decided to vent my grievances on the negative things that I see going on.

Secondly: I do not have to hide behind close doors if I have to voice my opinion

Thirdly: Who are you to tell me to keep out of my child's business and let him fight his battles himself?  Battles? I never new that Jlloyd was fighting a battle. Last time I checked, I was the one that was appalled by the treatment.

Fourthly: I know that he is a big man, so no need to remind me. Does that mean that whatever age your kids are and you see that someone is about to hang them to cover their backs, you are going to wait till it happen? I THINK NOT!!

Last and not least: Here is what I see that would have happen.. Jlloyd never turn up for the game because of a right groin strain. This forum would have taken him to the cleaners, and judge him differently.

Do do I regret all this. No.. And all this crap that it might meet English newspaper, then GREAT

And the comment about his friends will laugh at him....Please do me a favor and get with the programme. This is not kinder garden..

People will say what they want and when they want it. Its the way of bloody life!!

YOU HAVE A BLESSED DAY
Live everyday as its your last

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2009, 08:31:51 AM »
TTFF attempting to spin dis ting an cah even do dat right.  I cyah totally blame Mohammed cause fuh all we kno he could be in over he head and lack the necessary managerial accumen to know what to do.  But with tthat said Muhhamed is ah shit manager.  Even if information is emailed (which in today's age has become an acceptable medium of communication proffesionaly), there is always a deadline for a response.  If no response to original email, most will follow up with a phone call and possibly resend the email message with the pertinent information.  Don't know whether he did this or not but I would like to believe he would email both the players and their agents as a fail safe to avoid exactly what occured.  By October 1, there should have been a response recieved from all invitees whether personal or via their agents.  If on October 1 Muhhamed tried to reach him via telephone and failed then cycled through from more email to text to BB message, I could have easily accepted that.  But there is no way that the player should be communicating with him the day of unless is a wake up call.  Matter of fact, if I were the manager I would have been making wake up calls just to make sure every man jack up and organized to fly, that way if ah man miss de flight I could honestly say I did the best I could.  TTFF is a reflection of the laxed approach TnT society has on a whole.  Nothing ever seems important enough for some of us to put in additional effort.  Somebody before posted if he was bred here he woulda know de scenes and I fully believe that to be true.

Moms doh engage in dem ole talk wit people on here.  In the end it go make you look overly protective and give one or two assholes ammunition to make similar statements to dat contishness Coops said.  I know yuh upset bout de scenes but I believe most of us already recognize TTFF is an incopetent and corrupt piece ah shit organization.  I think many also recognize that JLloyd must be committed to representing the Warriors to have come when he did and as well to be upset about the situation that has unfolded.  If he didn't care he wouldn't have vented to you or anyone else so I for one appreciate his dedication and contribution thus far and hope to see him in the futere.  

Offline mysoccerson

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2009, 08:39:01 AM »
Say what you like, but don't get personal and  tell me what I must and must not do when it comes to my child.

Case CLOSED!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2009, 08:45:45 AM »

Firstly, (if its in fact true) I don't see anything wrong in emailing flight itineraries. That is standard travel agency procedure. For example, Orbitz doesn't call you to find out if you got your flight itinerary in email, the most you might get is a follow up reminder email a couple days before. If the TTFF sends you a preliminary email informing you of your selection and your scheduled travel dates, then you don't see an itinerary up to two days before then the onus is on you to then get in contact and ask a question.. Any of a number of things could happen; travel agency cock up, email to junk etc..

with that said, let me be clear that I'm not faulting Jlloyd, because from what im getting, he did make concerted efforts to contact the TTFF to find out beforehand but to no avail.

Secondly....

Moms.. ah know yuh love yuh son and ah know yuh looking out for his best interest. My moms would probably do the same. But even though I glad for the zeppo, I personally disagree with you bringing the dirty laundry out in the open; or if you were going to do it then i think you shouldve done it anonymously.

There will be fallout... For one, his future relationship with the TTFF will be tense.. Now I know this may not be high up on the list of priorities, but i'm more concerned with this being taken up by the UK press and highlighted in a negative light, and the subsequent impact it could have. It wouldn't surprise me if the back page of the News of the World come out with a splash "Samuel's mom in row with federation" or some shit like that then the snowball effect comes in.. forums.. blogs.. fan chants at games.. stick from his teammates etc.. Is seemingly minor things like that could throw off ah man game.

You may have been well intentioned, but your son is a big man. My position is you shoulda let him handle it in his own manner.

This is high-grade bullshit.  First off Orbitz is your travel agent, not your manager... they rightly don't call to follow up because it's not their duty to, they make flight arrangements, end of story.  David Mohammed is no travel agent, he's the team manager.  Team MANAGE-r is responsible for coordinating travel and logistics, as well as other minutiae such as accommodations, meals, per diems etc.  You MANAGE... and yes, that means holding hands if necessary and making sure everyone understands where they are to be, when they're supposed to be there.  Yes Jlloyd is a professional, but there is mutual responsibility... and in this case one person is tasked with a specific job and he failed to execute it properly.  Imagine a Premier League player oversleeping and missing a flight... who's ass you think will be held over the fire (in addition to the player)?  The team manager will be taken to task for not calling that player and making sure he's at the rendezvous point ahead of travel time.  This is what sport team managers do... it is standard for the profession, but that in itself tells the story... none of these TTFF clowns see what they do as a profession so they treat it accordingly.

This other nonsense about "dirty laundry" is just that... NONSENSE.  The woman right to come clear her son name because clearly the perception given out there by the TTFF is that Jlloyd half-assed and missed his flight and treating the national shirt with contempt.  If his mother feels that he's too demure to clear his name then it's every bit her right to do so herself... especially since she made it clear that she contacted LP and got no response.

If there is fallout then so be it... TTFF blacklist man for a lot less, if it comes to that then Jlloyd is none the worse for the experience he goes back to living his life w/o having to deal with this jokey banana republic outfit.

----------------------------

MEP agreed... nothing wrong with the email, my  criticism is about the lack of follow-up. Sending an email is not communication, the other person receiving it and responding is.  Until that happens then Mohammed hasn't done his job.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 08:50:28 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2009, 08:48:42 AM »
Say what you like, but don't get personal and  tell me what I must and must not do when it comes to my child.

Case CLOSED!

Damn right.

Ah glad he ketch heself and delete that nonsense response he'd put up.  You have every right to seek your son's interest and it's nobody's business how and why you choose to do so.  This is family, not friend or fan business.

Offline mysoccerson

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2009, 08:59:24 AM »
Here Here. Thanks Bake n Shark  :applause:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2009, 09:02:28 AM »

Secondly....

This is high-grade bullshit.  First off Orbitz is your travel agent, not your manager... they rightly don't call to follow up because it's not their duty to, they make flight arrangements, end of story.  David Mohammed is no travel agent, he's the team manager.  Team MANAGE-r is responsible for coordinating travel and logistics, as well as other minutiae such as accommodations, meals, per diems etc.  You MANAGE... and yes, that means holding hands if necessary and making sure everyone understands where they are to be, when they're supposed to be there.  Yes Jlloyd is a professional, but there is mutual responsibility... and in this case one person is tasked with a specific job and he failed to execute it properly.  Imagine a Premier League player oversleeping and missing a flight... who's ass you think will be held over the fire (in addition to the player)?  The team manager will be taken to task for not calling that player and making sure he's at the rendezvous point ahead of travel time.  This is what sport team managers do... it is standard for the profession, but that in itself tells the story... none of these TTFF clowns see what they do as a profession so they treat it accordingly.

This other nonsense about "dirty laundry" is just that... NONSENSE.  The woman right to come clear her son name because clearly the perception given out there by the TTFF is that Jlloyd half-assed and missed his flight and treating the national shirt with contempt.  If his mother feels that he's too demure to clear his name then it's every bit her right to do so herself... especially since she made it clear that she contacted LP and got no response.

If there is fallout then so be it... TTFF blacklist man for a lot less, if it comes to that then Jlloyd is none the worse for the experience he goes back to living his life w/o having to deal with this jokey banana republic outfit.

----------------------------

MEP agreed... nothing wrong with the email, my  criticism is about the lack of follow-up. Sending an email is not communication, the other person receiving it and responding is.  Until that happens then Mohammed hasn't done his job.

Regarding the email communication and manager's responsibility, one single line in the email would have necessitated no further correspondence:

Please confirm receipt of this email and itinerary in writing and inform of your availability.

Had that been a part of the correspondence then there would be no further need for him to call or remind the player that he had a flight that day. You must be crazy if you think that a manager would be taken to task for a player oversleeping and missing his flight further to all the arrangements being put in place.

I wholeheartedly agree with the fact that Muhammad didn't do his job properly and his lack of communication is shocking (but not surprising).. I just don't agree with the notion that he must call every man jack to remind them they have a flight in the morning.

as for the other part about dirty laundry, feel free to disagree but i stand firm. there are better channels to address that.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2009, 09:04:02 AM »
Here is what I see that would have happen.. Jlloyd never turn up for the game because of a right groin strain. This forum would have taken him to the cleaners, and judge him differently.
Which I'm positive has happened to others before without insight from behind the scenes.

(Ah know is Track and Field but) people still cussing Kerron Clement even after Ato tell them is the NAAA that mess up.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2009, 09:07:24 AM »
Here is what I see that would have happen.. Jlloyd never turn up for the game because of a right groin strain. This forum would have taken him to the cleaners, and judge him differently.
Which I'm positive has happened to others before without insight from behind the scenes.

(Ah know is Track and Field but) people still cussing Kerron Clement even after Ato tell them is the NAAA that mess up.

Yeah wit de level ignorance on dis forum, I cah disagree atall!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2009, 09:28:46 AM »
Regarding the email communication and manager's responsibility, one single line in the email would have necessitated no further correspondence:

Please confirm receipt of this email and itinerary in writing and inform of your availability.

Had that been a part of the correspondence then there would be no further need for him to call or remind the player that he had a flight that day. You must be crazy if you think that a manager would be taken to task for a player oversleeping and missing his flight further to all the arrangements being put in place.

I wholeheartedly agree with the fact that Muhammad didn't do his job properly and his lack of communication is shocking (but not surprising).. I just don't agree with the notion that he must call every man jack to remind them they have a flight in the morning.

as for the other part about dirty laundry, feel free to disagree but i stand firm. there are better channels to address that.

That line about confirming receipt and availability still assumes that the intended recipient received the email... hearing no response Muhammad shouldn't be in the business of assuming receipt.  The TTFF not that broke that they couldn't place a 2-minute call to player or agent to follow-up.  That is where the screw up was.

Secondly... I could tell you FOR FACT, that that type of micromanagement is what takes place with professional team managers.  I'm sure the job is rewarding but can also be a cross between herding cats and supervising a playground... but that's part and parcel with the title.  If Muhammad is not up to the task (and anecdotal evidence abounds) then it's time for them to replace him.  Personally I would prefer that they put in place some training and protocol so that stuff like the Noriega hotel screw up, the cutting man by text message etc. doesn't happen again... and not fire him.  But if he needs to go then he needs to go.

------------------------

Cool Beans, Kerron Clement... Aaron Maund... just to name a few.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 09:49:45 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2009, 09:38:24 AM »
In all fairness Omar, Jlloyd's mom was not really airing any dirty laundry.  The whisperings and rumors were flying around the msg board before she said anything.  I think another poster was relaying 2nd hand info from Andre Baptist about this before mysoccerson posted anything.  From what I remember, her first post was actually intended to set the story straight based on the information that she had in her possession (due to inaccuracies in what was already being said on the forum).  Can't fault her for that.

As far as the situation goes, it would appear that there were some unfortunate miscommunications.  I think management should be held responsible for (not) ensuring that all intended email recipients, were set to travel (knew of itinerary, and had tickets/info/visas etc)...like 2 days in advance to prevent any last minute scramble.  I don't know what the protocol is as far as the degree of hand holding in the process but clearly somewhere along the way expectations were not aligned.  It seems like Samuel was also frustrated by other things that would have made this mix up the straw that broke the camel's back.  

I'm not sure if Muhammad (sp?) is fully responsible for the ticket mix up based on the facts at hand...but what seems clear based on other anecdotes coming out of this story, is that the degree of professionalism that is displayed by mgmt in all the different departments leaves alot to be desired, and as such there is a strained relationship between the players who expect more, and mgmt...and when this is the case, simple mistakes become alot more than just simple mistakes and the end result is what we're seeing here...players getting fed up, mgmt trying to cover their ass, inside squabbles becoming public, relationships (players, admin, fans, press) strained, and the overall sense of cohesion and unity within our program (including the fans) being jeopardized....the most feared end result is a compromised end product on the field of play...

In such a situation, managment needs to step up and be that bigger person, forget defending its position in the micro-situations, issue an apology for its part in any mix-up and communicate a commitment to fixing the overall macro picture, and the strained relationships, in order to get it's ship smooth sailing again- that's the job of management- f*ck the excuses, let down your defenses, swallow up your pride, manage your sh*t, and make things right...Anyone involved in any professional mix up has been there...Right or wrong- that's the price you pay for being in a management position.. and I've yet to get any indication that anything of that sort is being done...all that has been communicated by management is a petty defensive position in an isolated incident, at a time when it seems clear that this is just an unfortunately publicized blunder, the reaction to which, clearly reflects a much larger problem that exists as far as administration goes.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 01:34:36 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2009, 09:55:04 AM »

That line about confirming receipt and availability still assumes that the intended recipient received the email... hearing no response Muhammad shouldn't be in the business of assuming receipt.  The TTFF not that broke that they couldn't place a 2-minute call to player or agent to follow-up.  That is where the screw up was.

Secondly... I could tell you FOR FACT, that that type of micromanagement is what takes place with professional team managers.  I'm sure the job is rewarding but can also be a cross between herding cats supervising a playground... but that's part and parcel with the title.  If Muhammad is not up to the task (and anecdotal evidence abounds) then it's time for them to replace him.  Personally I would prefer that they put in place some training and protocol so that stuff like the Noriega hotel screw up, the cutting man by text message etc. doesn't happen again... and not fire him.  But if he needs to go then he needs to go.

------------------------

Cool Beans, Kerron Clement... Aaron Maund... just to name a few.

Its not assuming anything. My point is, if that line were included (i shouldve also added confirm by x date) and Muhammad got no response, then that would necessitate an immediate follow up call.. Is these little things in the song and dance of email correspondence in the business world that determine where responsibilities lie and how future correspondence should proceed.

Secondly, whatever facts you have for professional management and the responsibilities that go hand in hand are not hard and fast rules across the board and also differ across different sports (unless you talking about football) i.e. international team management is much less hands-on and and much less micro-managed than club team management.. I am sure that the bulk of this man's role is event management, and everything else is secondary.

Nonetheless, like i said i fully on-board with the all the sentiments regarding Muhammad and his ineptitude in this capacity.. this is just the latest in a long string.

1]; } ?>