March 29, 2024, 12:16:45 AM

Author Topic: Coach for locals, first class for foreigners.  (Read 5871 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Coach for locals, first class for foreigners.
« on: October 09, 2009, 05:20:45 AM »
Warriors manager caught in travel row.
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday).

An Apparent bungling of airline ticket arrangements has stymied Jlloyd Samuel’s return to Trinidad and Tobago earlier this week.

The 28-year-old left-back was due in Trinidad on Monday, as the national football team prepared for tomorrow’s 2010 FIFA World Cup CONCACAF Zone Final Round Qualifier against Costa Rica.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF), in a media release on Tuesday, noted that the Bolton Wanderers defender missed the trip to San Jose in Costa Rica since he “pulled up with a groin strain in practice.”

No word was given, at the time, where Samuel sustained his injury but, according to a news report on a local radio station (I 95.5FM) on Wednesday morning, the defender was injured in England on Monday.

The injury came after his calamitous two-day run-around in his attempt to return home.

A source, revealing inside information about the ticket saga, stated: “He was sent an e-mail (on) Sunday evening for flight details for Sunday morning. Since when does Sunday evening comes before Sunday morning?” the source questioned.

“Then he got a message on Sunday from the manager (David Muhammad) asking where he was. It was not even a phone call, it was a message on the BB (Black Berry).”

The source said that, following the mix-up on Sunday, a promise was made to Samuel that he will be rescheduled to travel on Monday.

“He got to the airport only to find out that there was no ticket for him,” the source said. “He showed the details and they said, ‘Sorry, we do not have a ticket under your name’.

“So, after being made a fool of for two days straight, he then called his manager at Bolton (Gary Megson) and said that he will not be travelling, so he went training on Monday morning.” It was, at that training session, that a frustrated Samuel sustained a pulled muscle on his right groin.

“Then (David) Muhammad sent him another BB to say that he has him booked for Tuesday,” the source continued. “So, by then, he was already injured and sent him back a BB to say that he will not be able to come.

The source admitted that Samuel was yet to receive a call from the TTFF concerning his injury and, as a result, a complaint was sent, via e-mail, to the TTFF’s Technical Director Lincoln “Tiger” Phillips.

The source said, “I was the one that was stunned by the treatment of the players. No wonder there is a division,” added the source, confirming statements made by a few un-named players, that the foreign-based players in the Trinidad and Tobago team travelled in First Class, to-and- from the September 5 qualifier in Honduras, while the local-based members were seated in coach (among the regular passengers).

The source also expressed shock that, after the September 9 qualifier at home to the United States, the national players were fed KFC chicken and pizza, which were provided by the sponsors Prestige Holdings Limited.

However, the source affirmed that Samuel still expressed his desire to continue to represent the TT squad, despite this ticketing run-around. But it is unclear if the San Fernando-born Samuel, who represented England at the youth level, will be available for the last game in the Final Round Qualifiers, on October 14, at home to Mexico.

Last evening, the TTFF issued a media release, addressed by Muhammad, refuting claims that Samuel was yo-yoed in his quest to join the TT squad for tomorrow’s qualifier.

In his invitation letter to the British-based players, dated September 26, the TT team manager informed the players (as well as their respective clubs) that they were expected to “fly in to Trinidad on the evening of October 4 and then we all leave as a team to Costa Rica on October 7.”

And, in a statement, Muhammad emphasised that, “Jlloyd, for some reason, felt that he was to fly on October 5 and went to the airport also, despite what the letter said.

“I was informed by Simpaul’s Travel Agency that Samuel’s ticket was paid for, in full, and available on October 5 but was not located, due to the date change and original ticket number.

“His travel itinerary was e-mailed on September 29 but, unlike the other players, he did not receive the information until I spoke to him and his agent directly,” Muhammad ended.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 05:27:37 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Coach for locals, first class for foreigners.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 05:26:00 AM »
We need a Rosa Parks in T&T.

Imagine man riding first class getting drunk while some men riding coach eating nuts.

And de funny thing is, de locals does play better than de foreigners (Edwards apart)...

Imagine professional T&T players eating KFC and washing it down with a Stag and Carib. While USA eating pasta and grill chicken with gatorade.

No wonder after 60 minutes we players bun and tired !!!!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 05:46:09 AM by Sam »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 05:45:49 AM »
Who is mohammed for he to get dat wuk ?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 05:47:29 AM »
Who is mohammed for he to get dat wuk ?

Wrong mohammed,    it should be muhammad.

And he along with de rest including Fuentes is one of Jack puppets.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 05:56:38 AM »
Wrong mohammed,    it should be muhammad....just dumb just maddining

Clue...less... :devil:

The man just following  ???.....maybe he just did not grasp Jack`s instructions

Just wondering when these incompetent people will display some level of professionalism

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 06:18:00 AM »
The source said, “I was the one that was stunned by the treatment of the players. No wonder there is a division,” added the source, confirming statements made by a few un-named players, that the foreign-based players in the Trinidad and Tobago team travelled in First Class, to-and- from the September 5 qualifier in Honduras, while the local-based members were seated in coach (among the regular passengers).

Could this have anything to do with the fact that the foreign-based players were traveling a much longer distance than the local-based? After all, they were supposed to meet up in Miami, which means the UK-based had already flown at least 8 hours plus whatever traveling time is needed from the towns where they reside. To me, the more pertinent question is whether or not the different seating arrangements occur when all of the players are traveling from T&T. Ideally, the players should be in the same section, but I'm just wondering if there is a legitimate reason for sometimes having them in different areas.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 06:23:39 AM »
Could this have anything to do with the fact that the foreign-based players were traveling a much longer distance than the local-based? After all, they were supposed to meet up in Miami, which means the UK-based had already flown at least 8 hours plus whatever traveling time is needed from the towns where they reside. To me, the more pertinent question is whether or not the different seating arrangements occur when all of the players are traveling from T&T. Ideally, the players should be in the same section, but I'm just wondering if there is a legitimate reason for sometimes having them in different areas.

So I guess USA and Honduras (for example) does do the same thing then Tallman. Foreign base players in first class and the locally base in coach when they travelling abroad ? as both teams have a lot of foreign base players who meet up in route in Miami to where ever they are going. I dont think so.

I don't think its a big problem, but it would be nice if they were all treated fairly, wether it be coach or first class. A first class ticket from England to USA and then all men sit coach together if money is an issue which its always when it come to Jack Warner.

The TTFF seems as though they want everything for free as they get free pizza and kfc for the team. That is a poor diet for professionals.

No wonder we have a gap between locals vs foreign.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 06:26:07 AM by Sando »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 06:38:59 AM »

That's exactly what Muhammed said happened. The UK-based players were booked on first class flights for the transatlantic trip and were therefore already in first class when they met up with the rest. He also said when they all travel from the same origin, they all fly in coach. Doh know if he lying or not, but that's the story.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 07:04:58 AM »
The only surprising thing to meis that people still being surprised by this type of behavior.

Wake up ppl, the TTFF is not a professionally run organization. They are rank amateurs
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 07:20:31 AM »

Read it again Tallman, to and from Honduras.

The team met in T&T and they all flew together to Honduras then returned to play USA after which they were given sausage pizza and kfc chicken wing with a hot carib.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 07:29:52 AM »
Why alyuh fighting down the pizza, chicken and beers.

Ent that is carbs, protein and hydration  ;D

pasta = pizza = same flour

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 07:44:47 AM »

The team met in T&T and they all flew together to Honduras then returned to play USA after which they were given sausage pizza and kfc chicken wing with a hot carib.
Actually, I think they met in the US.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 07:46:15 AM »
Dat is wrong and wrong is wrong.It is a TEAM,ah would raise hell if some members travel first class and other didn't.I've manage national teams before in another sport and was a liaison officer for the football team and will NEVER agree to dat.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2009, 08:04:46 AM »
My guess is Tallman is on the money with this one. The foreign based have long flights and are probably flying direct to CR (with stopover in Miami or NY). The local based will be on one flight into CR, which means you have two groups arriving at different times in CR.
With players scattered all over there is no way to get them on one flight & it makes no sense in this case to bring the foreign based to T&T first and then fly as a group to CR.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 08:08:47 AM »

My guess is Tallman is on the money with this one. The foreign based have long flights and are probably flying direct to CR (with stopover in Miami or NY). The local based will be on one flight into CR, which means you have two groups arriving at different times in CR.
With players scattered all over there is no way to get them on one flight & it makes no sense in this case to bring the foreign based to T&T first and then fly as a group to CR.

Read it again Tallman and Observer, to and from Honduras. They not talking about de CRC game, but the last set of qualifiers when the T&T team assemble in T&T and then they all left for Honduras together.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 08:15:08 AM »

Read it again Tallman and Observer, to and from Honduras. They not talking about de CRC game, but the last set of qualifiers when the T&T team assemble in T&T and then they all left for Honduras together.

Ah Ok! You are quite right
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2009, 08:16:58 AM »

'Warriors' mobbed on arrival in San Pedro Sula
Samuel was among the quota of overseas-based players which met up with the rest of the T&T team in Miami en route to Honduras.

The local contingent will be met in Miami by eleven-overseas based pros called up by Latapy.
Soca Warrior off to San Pedro Sula
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2009, 08:18:54 AM »

Samuel was among the quota of overseas-based players which met up with the rest of the T&T team in Miami en route to Honduras.

The local contingent will be met in Miami by eleven-overseas based pros called up by Latapy.
Like I said...

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2009, 09:57:30 AM »
How about Match Fees, you feel all these players get the same match fees?

There is discrimination in all aspects of life.

Most of these foreign based are millionaires, They expect to travel first class some local based might be going on a plane for the first time.

this is apple an oranges.

It is from all aspects Top to bottom.

The foreign base does walk into session 2 days before game put limited effort in practice, play shit whole game and then come back and do the same thing starting next game.

Local based training 2 times a day and getting drop.

That is the way life is,

People discriminate and treat people differently based on who they are.

From Top to bottom with treat foreign based better so why not on the plane ride.

As far as KFC and marrios, I sure the foreign based request it because I for one, first thing when I reach back home must pass through a KFC.

Again this is the norm.

The Bible say to treat your visitors better than you will treat yourself.

When Joseph son came back from the wilderness he killed the fatted calf.

These men carrying the flag of TnT in competitive foreign leagues, putting we players on the map.
They deserve special treatment.

That is the norm from top to bottom.
Even men like me when I go back home and partying with US, Girl walking past the local men who they with them whole year just to come and lime with the Yankees

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2009, 10:12:27 AM »
How about Match Fees, you feel all these players get the same match fees?

There is discrimination in all aspects of life.

Most of these foreign based are millionaires, They expect to travel first class some local based might be going on a plane for the first time.

this is apple an oranges.

It is from all aspects Top to bottom.

The foreign base does walk into session 2 days before game put limited effort in practice, play shit whole game and then come back and do the same thing starting next game.

Local based training 2 times a day and getting drop.

That is the way life is,

People discriminate and treat people differently based on who they are.

From Top to bottom with treat foreign based better so why not on the plane ride.

As far as KFC and marrios, I sure the foreign based request it because I for one, first thing when I reach back home must pass through a KFC.

Again this is the norm.

The Bible say to treat your visitors better than you will treat yourself.

When Joseph son came back from the wilderness he killed the fatted calf.

These men carrying the flag of TnT in competitive foreign leagues, putting we players on the map.
They deserve special treatment.

That is the norm from top to bottom.
Even men like me when I go back home and partying with US, Girl walking past the local men who they with them whole year just to come and lime with the Yankees

In that case the locals should not play as hard and as good as the foreign based players. The locals should be able to do whatever and chill. Seeing that the foreign based players are millionaires and superstars and all.

TEAM a word recently introduced to the dictionary.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2009, 10:23:00 AM »
We need a Rosa Parks in T&T.

Imagine man riding first class getting drunk while some men riding coach eating nuts.

And de funny thing is, de locals does play better than de foreigners (Edwards apart)...

Imagine professional T&T players eating KFC and washing it down with a Stag and Carib. While USA eating pasta and grill chicken with gatorade.

No wonder after 60 minutes we players bun and tired !!!!

My HERO Ss. Rosa yes we need her like flour
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2009, 10:28:27 AM »

So who here willin 2 bet that Dennis lawerence was in 1st class and he playin for Jab. It eh have nutten 2 do wit long flight etc. Is just another glaring eg of d division that exist in that bunch of players dey eh no team.

On d way back y dey did not switch d local base so dat dey could experience 1st class.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2009, 10:33:26 AM »
So who here willin 2 bet that Dennis lawerence was in 1st class and he playin for Jab. It eh have nutten 2 do wit long flight etc. Is just another glaring eg of d division that exist in that bunch of players dey eh no team.

On d way back y dey did not switch d local base so dat dey could experience 1st class.

Good catch...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2009, 10:46:20 AM »

Good catch...

I sayin dat since d story break. DL and MA sat next 2 each other as per usual.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2009, 11:11:53 AM »
Welcome to the world of REAL SPORTS ladies and gentlemen.

One of the perks of seniority is that you get perks that rookies doh get. 

All de foreign vs local base lyrics people spoutin on here, yuh tink when dey travelin by commercial aircraft, everybody on de LA Galaxy travelin in business class like Beckham?  Allyuh realise dat most commercial aircraft (except fuh de much larger planes) have about 16 business class seats on average?  Wha bout hotels?  Everybody sharin a room?  Yuh feel it doh have man who does get dey own suite?

I believe one of the stipulations of de contracts wit de foreign based players (and de vast majority of dem playin in England) is dat when dey returnin home for international games, the federation must provide them with first class/business class tickets.  Because of the amount of distance they're traveling to return home to REPRESENT US, without any compensation to their employers I might add, every effort is made to ensure that their bodies don't feel the physical toll of long flights traveling through various time zones so that they can perform better FOR US on the field.

When T&T went to play Bahrain in Bahrain, Warner chartered a plane and ALL PLAYERS were able to fly first/business class.  That's the exception rather than the norm.

Allyuh think Gayle, Sarwan and Chanderpaul does travel economy wit de ress a de WI team?  Or Ponting & Michael Clarke wit de Aussie team?

Good idea.  Let all de players travel in economy....regardless of who foreign or who local based and den ALL MAN JACK go be sufferin from jet lag SAME WAY etc.  So what if de performances on de field suffer as a result?  At least we could say we is a TEAM and everybody singin forkane KUMBAYA!  ::)

Dis is yet a nex case of much ado bout lil bit.  It have sports teams dat travel wit everybody in de same section?  Why?  because dey charter de damn plane!

Allyuh get REAL nah.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 11:15:39 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2009, 11:28:02 AM »
Welcome to the world of REAL SPORTS ladies and gentlemen.

One of the perks of seniority is that you get perks that rookies doh get. 

All de foreign vs local base lyrics people spoutin on here, yuh tink when dey travelin by commercial aircraft, everybody on de LA Galaxy travelin in business class like Beckham?  Allyuh realise dat most commercial aircraft (except fuh de much larger planes) have about 16 business class seats on average?  Wha bout hotels?  Everybody sharin a room?  Yuh feel it doh have man who does get dey own suite?

I believe one of the stipulations of de contracts wit de foreign based players (and de vast majority of dem playin in England) is dat when dey returnin home for international games, the federation must provide them with first class/business class tickets.  Because of the amount of distance they're traveling to return home to REPRESENT US, without any compensation to their employers I might add, every effort is made to ensure that their bodies don't feel the physical toll of long flights traveling through various time zones so that they can perform better FOR US on the field.

When T&T went to play Bahrain in Bahrain, Warner chartered a plane and ALL PLAYERS were able to fly first/business class.  That's the exception rather than the norm.

Allyuh think Gayle, Sarwan and Chanderpaul does travel economy wit de ress a de WI team?  Or Ponting & Michael Clarke wit de Aussie team?

Good idea.  Let all de players travel in economy....regardless of who foreign or who local based and den ALL MAN JACK go be sufferin from jet lag SAME WAY etc.  So what if de performances on de field suffer as a result?  At least we could say we is a TEAM and everybody singin forkane KUMBAYA!  ::)

Dis is yet a nex case of much ado bout lil bit.  It have sports teams dat travel wit everybody in de same section?  Why?  because dey charter de damn plane!

Allyuh get REAL nah.

Palos yuh argument will hold water if d TTFF was really seekin d boyz intrest. D retuurn leg was via Miami and a 6 hr wait ovah as reported by Andre yday. So Jloyd and KJ both their direct flights back so d 1st class treatment iz only 2 TNT not on dey return back 2 dey clubs. When d clubs upset bout dey return we does b hard on d club when dey upset bout happens.

All I have 2 say what would Beenie do?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2009, 11:50:23 AM »
Palos yuh argument will hold water if d TTFF was really seekin d boyz intrest. D retuurn leg was via Miami and a 6 hr wait ovah as reported by Andre yday. So Jloyd and KJ both their direct flights back so d 1st class treatment iz only 2 TNT not on dey return back 2 dey clubs. When d clubs upset bout dey return we does b hard on d club when dey upset bout happens.

1 - Beenie not here anymore.  Besides, are you suggestin that when Beenie was in charge, the team either flew ALL in coach or ALL first/business class includin Beenie himself?  When they went Gold Cup, daz how it was?  Panama?  Costa Rica? 

2 - We ALL know de TTFF inept at best.  Dat doh mean when dey get it RIGHT dey should still receive flak.  If de foreign based players DIDN'T fly first/business class yuh woulda hear a setta tantana on dis same board from dese same peeps bawlin bout how TTFF cheap etc.

3 - From what I heard on de program, de issue wit regards to KJ and J Lloyd wasn't a first/business class issue but rather one where they found out that there wasn't a direct flight booked back to England for them so they paid for their own ticket to get a direct flight.   Now that was a error by the TTFF because both players had games to play and they should have booked a a direct return flight, but is not like dey was booked coach.  At least, not from what I hear.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2009, 11:52:18 AM »
Sad part is man arguing who traveling in first class and who in coach... and speaking about the coach...

Latas was flying in coach also... Fuentes and Maurice sat next to him if I can clearly remember!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2009, 11:56:35 AM »
Latas was flying in coach also...

That's not what I heard.

But it really doh matter.  Captain and Management (includin coach) does normally get dese perks in any sportin organisation.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2009, 11:57:50 AM »

1 - Beenie not here anymore.  Besides, are you suggestin that when Beenie was in charge, the team either flew ALL in coach or ALL first/business class includin Beenie himself?  When they went Gold Cup, daz how it was?  Panama?  Costa Rica? 

2 - We ALL know de TTFF inept at best.  Dat doh mean when dey get it RIGHT dey should still receive flak.  If de foreign based players DIDN'T fly first/business class yuh woulda hear a setta tantana on dis same board from dese same peeps bawlin bout how TTFF cheap etc.

3 - From what I heard on de program, de issue wit regards to KJ and J Lloyd wasn't a first/business class issue but rather one where they found out that there wasn't a direct flight booked back to England for them so they paid for their own ticket to get a direct flight.   Now that was a error by the TTFF because both players had games to play and they should have booked a a direct return flight, but is not like dey was booked coach.  At least, not from what I hear.

I know Beenie eh here if he waws SA 2010 might a b on d radar. I know dat d flight issue wit JLoyd /KJ was not 1st class. Meh pt is dat it is obvious dat all man jack should have been booked straight 2 England since jet lag iz ah issue y dey have 2 fly 1st class 2 get to Honduras. Yes d TTFF cheap oui put every body in first class put it in yuh budget dat yuh go b cussin Hunt for not payin and then get yuh money,. But then again it must b in d budget and man still flyin coach.

1]; } ?>