March 29, 2024, 07:25:27 AM

Author Topic: Coach for locals, first class for foreigners.  (Read 5873 times)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Coach for locals, first class for foreigners.
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2009, 11:59:31 AM »
Latas was flying in coach also...

That's not what I heard.

But it really doh matter.  Captain and Management (includin coach) does normally get dese perks in any sportin organisation.

My question is does it really matter... or is it like a Beckham/Donovan row...!

Bleeder looked happy he skin he teeth whole trip...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 12:01:14 PM by Daft Trini »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2009, 12:05:02 PM »

That's not what I heard.

But it really doh matter.  Captain and Management (includin coach) does normally get dese perks in any sportin organisation.

D man passport bein stamp plus Bleeder ever eh skinin he teeth. If yuh could tell meh dat DL was in coach then I could say it eh so bad. But iz ting playin off local v foreign.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2009, 12:08:40 PM »

That's not what I heard.

D man passport bein stamp plus Bleeder ever eh skinin he teeth. If yuh could tell meh dat DL was in coach then I could say it eh so bad. But iz ting playin off local v foreign.

De only stink I know about is the people who stand up fuh de bonus vs de ones who back down. I never hear about forrein vs locals... Ah know sum locals doh like how Ince does get on....Plus Kelvin Jack vs Tallest...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2009, 12:13:01 PM »

That's not what I heard.

De only stink I know about is the people who stand up fuh de bonus vs de ones who back down. I never hear about forrein vs locals... Ah know sum locals doh like how Ince does get on....Plus Kelvin Jack vs Tallest...

Kelvin Jack v Tallest  ??? d only ting I could tink bout is dat he feel he Lawerence leadin d Berry boys aka d boys who eh sue and he encourage he partner Dog to drop out of d lawsuit.

Yuh eh convince meh tell meh where was DL sittin? Wit d locals or d foreigners?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2009, 12:17:29 PM »

That's not what I heard.

Hmmm...was Dennis Lawrence even in the team for that Honduras match?  Did he even go to Honduras?

Even if he did go, isn't Dennis Lawrence a senior player on the team?  More senior than ANY other local based player?

Did he not take over the captain's armband after Yorke was substituted against El Salvador?  Was he not subsequently appointed as CAPTAIN of the national team?

Nah...he no longer foreign based so he should jes sit in coach ent?

Look like de only people perpetuatin dis foreign vs local ting is right here on dis board.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2009, 12:20:37 PM »

That's not what I heard.

Hmmm...was Dennis Lawrence even in the team for that Honduras match?  Did he even go to Honduras?

Even if he did go, isn't Dennis Lawrence a senior player on the team?  More senior than ANY other local based player?

Did he not take over the captain's armband after Yorke was substituted against El Salvador?  Was he not subsequently appointed as CAPTAIN of the national team?

Your argument is seniority there argument is length of flight. As I say all man jack ride together if it is strap 2 d wing all ah we strap 2 d wing. U would surprise how these little tings goes a long way.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2009, 12:25:25 PM »

That's not what I heard.

Your argument is seniority there argument is length of flight. As I say all man jack ride together if it is strap 2 d wing all ah we strap 2 d wing. U would surprise how these little tings goes a long way.

And I'm asking you.....did all man jack "ride together" AT ALL TIMES during the time Beenie was coach?  Including Beenie.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2009, 12:32:06 PM »
NO

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2009, 12:43:45 PM »

3 yrs ago ah get mih contract change to business class and sit next to Shaka all the way from Heathrow, he say all the pros and their clubs demanded from TTFF that they get business class to fly to and fro especially on the long haul.
Last year I was fortunate to sit next to Ince.
I guess thelocal players and their coachs/clubs need to say enuff is enuff and insist on the same treatment , in fact this goes back toFPATT and contracts for the players etc.
This is another case of TTFF not realising who is important.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2009, 12:48:47 PM »
NO

On d flight 2 bahrain Beenie was in 1st class everybody else  d key everybody else was in buziness class.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2009, 12:49:41 PM »

3 yrs ago ah get mih contract change to business class and sit next to Shaka all the way from Heathrow, he say all the pros and their clubs demanded from TTFF that they get business class to fly to and fro especially on the long haul.
I guess thelocal players and their coachs/clubs need to say enuff is enuff and insist on the same treatment , in fact this goes back toFPATT and contracts for the players etc.

I guess dey need 2 specify now direct flight back 2 d UK.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2009, 01:00:38 PM »

Where do you stop?

How about everybody insistin dat dey have dey own suite at de hotel?

There is a very good case for the foreign based players, most of whom ply their trade in England, flying first/business class when they return to T&T (a 9 hour flight at least) on international duty.

1 - The jet lag they experience is far more than what any local based player would typically experience, except when going to play in Saudi Arabia or Africa etc.

2 - I believe that their clubs also have a great say in that stipulation existing.  A club is more inclined to be amenable to THEIR PLAYER returning for international duty, regardless of FIFA mandates, if they're confident that the player will return to them in as good a physical condition as possible to resume their PRIMARY MODE OF EMPLOYMENT.

3 - TTFF done financially low on resources as it is.  You pick a 22 man squad for an away game.  Included are normally at least 5 officials.  What happens if the airline you travel with doesn't have enough first/business class seats to accomodate your entire team?  Book 2 separate flights?  Some arrive this date and the others arrive another?

4 - The obvious solution is to charter a plane.  Then EVERYBODY happy.  Except.  Who sponsorin dat charter?  Jack?  If your answer is Jack....then peeps cannot call for him to go and leave de football alone.  Think charterin a plane cheap?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2009, 01:01:44 PM »
NO

On d flight 2 bahrain Beenie was in 1st class everybody else  d key everybody else was in buziness class.

So when dey went USA fuh de Gold Cup....did EVERYBODY fly business class or EVERYBODY fly coach?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2009, 01:05:10 PM »
NO

So when dey went USA fuh de Gold Cup....did EVERYBODY fly business class or EVERYBODY fly coach?

I suspect dat evrybody ride 2gether if dey all have 2 eat together.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2009, 01:08:05 PM »
NO

U SUSPECTIN now?

LOL!

Yuh might be surprised to know where Beenie does sit whenever he flyin as opposed to de ress a de team.

There are scenarios where that all for one and one for all philosophy can be REALISTICALLY applied.  International travel for international & professional sports teams flying commercially is typically not one of them.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 01:09:53 PM by palos »

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2009, 01:14:46 PM »

Where do you stop?

How about everybody insistin dat dey have dey own suite at de hotel?

There is a very good case for the foreign based players, most of whom ply their trade in England, flying first/business class when they return to T&T (a 9 hour flight at least) on international duty.

1 - The jet lag they experience is far more than what any local based player would typically experience, except when going to play in Saudi Arabia or Africa etc.

2 - I believe that their clubs also have a great say in that stipulation existing.  A club is more inclined to be amenable to THEIR PLAYER returning for international duty, regardless of FIFA mandates, if they're confident that the player will return to them in as good a physical condition as possible to resume their PRIMARY MODE OF EMPLOYMENT.

3 - TTFF done financially low on resources as it is.  You pick a 22 man squad for an away game.  Included are normally at least 5 officials.  What happens if the airline you travel with doesn't have enough first/business class seats to accomodate your entire team?  Book 2 separate flights?  Some arrive this date and the others arrive another?

4 - The obvious solution is to charter a plane.  Then EVERYBODY happy.  Except.  Who sponsorin dat charter?  Jack?  If your answer is Jack....then peeps cannot call for him to go and leave de football alone.  Think charterin a plane cheap?
All valid questions, however my point was that if there is an issue with the present arrangements then it is the players through FPATT and or their clubs to raise it like the overseas clubs and players did, my dig about TTFF  not realising who is important was based on the assumption by somebody here that the technical staff all travel above coach.
Explaining the situation to all as you have done may suffice if that is the case.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2009, 01:21:09 PM »
 :o what di arse. is this???

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2009, 01:29:58 PM »
NO

U SUSPECTIN now?

LOL!

Yuh might be surprised to know where Beenie does sit whenever he flyin as opposed to de ress a de team.

There are scenarios where that all for one and one for all philosophy can be REALISTICALLY applied.  International travel for international & professional sports teams flying commercially is typically not one of them.

Since I was not there I have 2 suspect but where Beenie/Latapy sit eh really concern me but u c d 22 man squad is meh concern. I soundin like Vincent Twice from SS d little tings does make a big difference.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2009, 04:55:33 PM »
The source said, “I was the one that was stunned by the treatment of the players. No wonder there is a division,” added the source, confirming statements made by a few un-named players, that the foreign-based players in the Trinidad and Tobago team travelled in First Class, to-and- from the September 5 qualifier in Honduras, while the local-based members were seated in coach (among the regular passengers).

Could this have anything to do with the fact that the foreign-based players were traveling a much longer distance than the local-based? After all, they were supposed to meet up in Miami, which means the UK-based had already flown at least 8 hours plus whatever traveling time is needed from the towns where they reside. To me, the more pertinent question is whether or not the different seating arrangements occur when all of the players are traveling from T&T. Ideally, the players should be in the same section, but I'm just wondering if there is a legitimate reason for sometimes having them in different areas.

Ahh boy Tallman, I doh care other men might say, you is one ah de smarter fellahs here;)
Yuh see when ah read bout dat first-class versus coach thing, ah coulda get blasted vex, but ah quickly grab meh ever present critical-thinking cap, pull it on and say, wait maybe we eh get all de facts....what will be absolutley ridiculous is if like you say, dat dey separate dem like dat when dey travelling fron Trinidad.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2009, 08:02:07 PM »
The source said, “I was the one that was stunned by the treatment of the players. No wonder there is a division,” added the source, confirming statements made by a few un-named players, that the foreign-based players in the Trinidad and Tobago team travelled in First Class, to-and- from the September 5 qualifier in Honduras, while the local-based members were seated in coach (among the regular passengers).

Could this have anything to do with the fact that the foreign-based players were traveling a much longer distance than the local-based? After all, they were supposed to meet up in Miami, which means the UK-based had already flown at least 8 hours plus whatever traveling time is needed from the towns where they reside. To me, the more pertinent question is whether or not the different seating arrangements occur when all of the players are traveling from T&T. Ideally, the players should be in the same section, but I'm just wondering if there is a legitimate reason for sometimes having them in different areas.

2 seperate d sheep from d goat

Ahh boy Tallman, I doh care other men might say, you is one ah de smarter fellahs here;)
Yuh see when ah read bout dat first-class versus coach thing, ah coulda get blasted vex, but ah quickly grab meh ever present critical-thinking cap, pull it on and say, wait maybe we eh get all de facts....what will be absolutley ridiculous is if like you say, dat dey separate dem like dat when dey travelling fron Trinidad.

1]; } ?>