April 27, 2024, 04:59:39 PM

Author Topic: T&T football! is it an abomination ?  (Read 3083 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T football! is it an abomination ?
« on: October 12, 2009, 04:03:30 PM »
Mods please let this one live.

OK ladies and gents of the jury/forum, we are gathered here today tuh talk football, but the thing iz, do we have anything here to be proud of ?

night before i sat @ my tV, by my self, watching us play like rank armatures and getting blown out by a costa rice team that was bumming, on a frequently watched cable net work gol TV! now could you imagine how many ppl must have watch this game from all over the footballing world??

now i don't know bout allyuh , but it was particularly embarrassing for me to watch. how did we come from being competitors in a WC, standing toe to toe with europe and south america's elite (paraguay)to being whiping boys in the region??

was it jack, camps, the government AKA ministry of sports. was it pancho, wim, latas, who was to blame for this gruesome campaign ??

MY VIEW
first of all, we didn't have a good coach. wim was an assistant turn head coach, pancho was clearly clueless, using players out of position and experimenting all the way through, latas, EVEN MORE CLUELESS! basically did the same thing as pancho, used players out of position and clearly blanked the men who could've done better.

i believe we coulda made SA if we played the right players and had a proper coach right after we lose out on the GC qualification.

why was this line up not an option.

goal keeper
                                     cyd gray              sancho                lawrence          avery john

tinto                     hyland              carlos/ whitley            collin samuel

jones.            glenn/roberts.

why was this not an option?? IS IT BC THE COACHES WERE CLUELESS, OR OUR FEDERATION IS AN ABOMINATION ?

WHAT'S YOUR VIEWS FORUMITES ??
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 05:06:14 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: T&T football! is it an abomination ?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 04:08:47 PM »

goal keeper

tinto                     hyland               whitley            collin samuel

why was this not an option?? IS IT BC THE COACHES WERE CLUELESS, OR OUR FEDERATION IS AN ABOMINATION ?

Because you were not the coach?

And btw where is Carlos in that line-up and please replace Jones with a healthy Stern!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 04:23:42 PM »
JC, i hear wat u sayin eh. i read one of your post sometime ago sayin that we should hire rikaard. do u really think dat any of these big name coaches that some of allyuh callin on here actually want to coach we team?

allyuh ever stop to wonder if d ttff/jackula approach foreign coaches to coach us and they turned us down?

??? ???
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 05:29:58 PM »

goal keeper

And btw where is Carlos in that line-up and please replace Jones with a healthy Stern!
Socapro, this is an overview, so don't take it personall, and as we all know the coaches did ah hack job on the team, they we abysmal ! all of them, if i had axtensive knowledge of modern day coaching methods, then i think i could've done ah better job!, if yuh don't believe coaches eh have nothing to do with it, then just look @ javier aggurire, and how he took mexico fom ah struggling team to win the GC and top the group in the hex.

as for carlos, did you see where he played against the U.S. where latas played him from the start in the center mid position, and how our game was elevated ah notch, carlos edwards have no strenght on the flank, he can't cross tuh save his life, tinto is ah better crosser and have just as much speed as carlos. carlos belong in the center mid position.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 06:14:22 PM »
JC, i hear wat u sayin eh. i read one of your post sometime ago sayin that we should hire rikaard. do u really think dat any of these big name coaches that some of allyuh callin on here actually want to coach we team?

allyuh ever stop to wonder if d ttff/jackula approach foreign coaches to coach us and they turned us down?

??? ???

Especially Dutch coaches dey incline 2 lick down people.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 07:38:26 PM »

goal keeper

Socapro, this is an overview, so don't take it personall, and as we all know the coaches did ah hack job on the team, they we abysmal ! all of them, if i had axtensive knowledge of modern day coaching methods, then i think i could've done ah better job!, if yuh don't believe coaches eh have nothing to do with it, then just look @ javier aggurire, and how he took mexico fom ah struggling team to win the GC and top the group in the hex.

as for carlos, did you see where he played against the U.S. where latas played him from the start in the center mid position, and how our game was elevated ah notch, carlos edwards have no strenght on the flank, he can't cross tuh save his life, tinto is ah better crosser and have just as much speed as carlos. carlos belong in the center mid position.

What????  :rotfl: This has to be one of the most incredible statements i've seen on this forum. Incredible is the only way I can describe this... incredible. Boss, if I was technologically gifted, I could have been Bill Gates ... :rotfl:

And when u ever see Tinto cross a ball??? Or maybe ah miss dat play...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 07:40:49 PM by College »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 03:09:31 AM »

goal keeper

What????  :rotfl: This has to be one of the most incredible statements i've seen on this forum. Incredible is the only way I can describe this... incredible. Boss, if I was technologically gifted, I could have been Bill Gates ... :rotfl:

And when u ever see Tinto cross a ball??? Or maybe ah miss dat play...
You've always been ah stikin c@nt, and that's what you'll remain!! ah syphillis infested kunny!

Offline Consultant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 04:24:55 AM »

[/quote]You've always been ah stikin c@nt, and that's what you'll remain!! ah syphillis infested kunny!
[/quote]

Ohhhhhhhh guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud  :devil:.... dry so?  :o

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 07:09:05 AM »
That side worse than probably every side Latas put out. When last you see Hyland and Whitley play? They both in a mess now. When last you see Sancho and Cyd Gray play? They both in a mess now.

When last Kenwyne Jones score? When last Tinto or Samuel play good for a whole game for club or country?

When last Carlos play centre midfield?U not the one talking about the coach playign people outta position?

Live in glass house and pelt stone. I woulda be happier if you had stick Julius James in defence rather than those 2 u put.

You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 09:31:08 AM »
Maturana's problem wasn't that he was clueless, it was that he didn't take us seriously.....for whatever reason. The guy is obviously a competent coach from his past record but the motivational aspect of coaching would clearly have been lost as he couldn't speak english and that would have also impacted on him getting his message across to the players. The whole time he was there he never seemed to be genuinely in charge and considering his background that ain't down to incompetence, that is simply a lack of interest maybe even motivation. He was initially installed as an interim coach and to be honest ran the show like an interim that had no interest in the fulltime position.

As for the T&T team issue. We all know what the two main problems are.....we can't defend as a unit or retain the ball for extended periods. That has been the case fuh years now and we been using basically the same core of players during that time. Unfortunately they have been getting progressively worse rather than better at improving on those two problem areas. Beenie recognised it and organised a short term fix for the area he could tackle easiest - defending. We needed a coach that could do what Beenie did but we are even worse defensively than prior to him taking over, so I ain't sure that it would have been a guaranteed success. IMHO we got off to a bad start and needed a specific personality/type of coach to knock people into line if we were to persist with the same players...this didn't happen and we paid the price. I think over the years our players have shown what type of coach gets the best out of them, it certainly wasn't Maturana and it doesn't (at the moment) look like Lata's is either.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009, 10:33:29 AM »
One of my personal credos is "No Expectations...no disappointments".

A lot of folks all up in arms about the way the team performed, but not me.  I did not expect muxh from them and so I am not disappointed in the way things turned out.  I prefer to be optimistic about the future, simply because at present we stand a better chance at improving rather than getting worse.

I think we tend to hold our players in too high regard and expect such performances from them.  Most of our foreign based players ply their trade in the lower leagues around the globe...and even less of them command a place on the starting eleven for their respective clubs.  We probably have less now than when we started in 06.

We have already acknowledge that our local professional league is of a low standard, so then how could we expect a high standard of play of these players.

We have also acknowledged that our local administrators do very little to raise the standard of the game locally....so much for the future lot.  Our coach was very inexperienced at this level.  The one before...well..nuff said already.  Our supporters sit quietly in the stadia and only applaud a goal, but never spurring on the team.

So really and trully, with so much working against us...is a wonder we even reach so far.  We should be thanking our lucky stars that we went on the ride.  Gentlemen we are ranked very low by FIFA standards, our competition in the hex is way above us.  And for those who keep harping that the U20 players is the future and shoud have completed the hex...well just objectively look at that team's record over the past six months and get an idea of what you were asking for.  When you look at the U15, U17 and U20 performances in recent times, we have to ask ourselves if the future look any brighter too.

A yardstick I like to use is...who or how many players from our present team could make any other international team in the top 32 ranking countries in the world...even in the top 50 teams in the world?
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2009, 10:52:19 AM »
A yardstick I like to use is...who or how many players from our present team could make any other international team in the top 32 ranking countries in the world...even in the top 50 teams in the world?

Answers:

None of our players can make the top 32 teams in the world
Maybe Carlos Edwards can make the top 50 teams in the world
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009, 03:20:17 PM »
That side worse than probably every side Latas put out. When last you see Hyland and Whitley play? They both in a mess now. When last you see Sancho and Cyd Gray play? They both in a mess now.

When last Kenwyne Jones score? When last Tinto or Samuel play good for a whole game for club or country?

When last Carlos play centre midfield?U not the one talking about the coach playign people outta position?

Live in glass house and pelt stone. I woulda be happier if you had stick Julius James in defence rather than those 2 u put.

What you drinking? whitley playing and scoring for petrotrin, cyd gray playing for the said team and is in match fitness, plus he's ah better option any day than carlos , jake thompson and spann! is not like he's out of the game and not sweating.

hyland just came off the u 20ies WC just like thompson, and is supposed to be fit as ah fiddle! if you think leon is a better option than hyland then you just as clueless as latas!

you talking bout tinto and samuels,dem men never get ah whole game under latas!! like you forgetting that samuels only featured in two games since he played against austria, he played against gaudelope, and in june VS costa rica where he came on for tinto and scored, mind you!

samuels playing regular for his club in scottland and is known to score ever so often, so why iz daniels who has shown time and time again that he's ah wasted option on the left flank playing so regular, he has no speed , no ideas and when last did he out run any defender on the flanks?

TINTO?? breds yuh out ah timin bad! on ah national level tinto has shown that he's ah handful, and @ least he's ah little better than carlos on the flanks, tinto was never really given as much opportunity as keon, yet still he would have more of an impact on any game than daniels! the fella playing with two labourers in central midfield, what impact could he possibly make when he have tuh contantly keep defending BC his team mates in the center can't hold on to the ball long enough or make ah simple 20 yard pass.

carlos edwards need tuh play in the center of midfield, LIKE HE DID WHEN WE PLAYED THE USA LAST! that's the last time i saw carlos played in the center of midfield! go back and watch the tape if yuh don't believe meh, he started against the U.S. in the center mid position! and he was doing great, he supported noel well and he had more of an impact on the game as oppossed to when he's on the flanks.

bottom line, latas shot himself in the foot by ignoring players who clearly has loads of potential, for fellas who just don't have the quality to compete @ this level.  collin samuels, tinto, roberts, james(until recently), avery, hyland, jagdoesingh, sancho, whitley has all been ignored by russell latapy, all these players has proven that they can compete @ this level, but mr magician seemed tuh have other ideas, that why he failed miserably, he did exactly what the columbian did, experimented in the middle of the hex with players who eh worth ah damn!

as for KJ, and when last did he score for us, apart from glenn, when last did any of our strikers scored for us in the hex? KJ can't score if he don't have service! , but let meh ask yuh this, do you really watch any of our games? BC if you did you would not ask such ah rediculus question!

KJ does get kick up , jumped on , kick down, climbed on, push down, pull jersey, grabbed on, how yuh expect the man tuh score when he is constantly doubled teamed and to add insult, his teammates(midfielders) can't penetrate no defence tuh put him in scoring position, the other strikers does be free to take advantage of the space KJ does create while being tormented for 90 mins, like baptistse and scotland.

BTW, KJ has 5 goals for the season in the EPL, what iz that, ah coincidence?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2009, 03:48:24 PM »

What you drinking? whitley playing and scoring for petrotrin, cyd gray playing for the said team and is in match fitness, plus he's ah better option any day than carlos , jake thompson and spann! is not like he's out of the game and not sweating.

hyland just came off the u 20ies WC just like thompson, and is supposed to be fit as ah fiddle! if you think leon is a better option than hyland then you just as clueless as latas!

you talking bout tinto and samuels,dem men never get ah whole game under latas!! like you forgetting that samuels only featured in two games since he played against austria, he played against gaudelope, and in june VS costa rica where he came on for tinto and scored, mind you!

samuels playing regular for his club in scottland and is known to score ever so often, so why iz daniels who has shown time and time again that he's ah wasted option on the left flank playing so regular, he has no speed , no ideas and when last did he out run any defender on the flanks?

TINTO?? breds yuh out ah timin bad! on ah national level tinto has shown that he's ah handful, and @ least he's ah little better than carlos on the flanks, tinto was never really given as much opportunity as keon, yet still he would have more of an impact on any game than daniels! the fella playing with two labourers in central midfield, what impact could he possibly make when he have tuh contantly keep defending BC his team mates in the center can't hold on to the ball long enough or make ah simple 20 yard pass.

carlos edwards need tuh play in the center of midfield, LIKE HE DID WHEN WE PLAYED THE USA LAST! that's the last time i saw carlos played in the center of midfield! go back and watch the tape if yuh don't believe meh, he started against the U.S. in the center mid position! and he was doing great, he supported noel well and he had more of an impact on the game as oppossed to when he's on the flanks.

bottom line, latas shot himself in the foot by ignoring players who clearly has loads of potential, for fellas who just don't have the quality to compete @ this level.  collin samuels, tinto, roberts, james(until recently), avery, hyland, jagdoesingh, sancho, whitley has all been ignored by russell latapy, all these players has proven that they can compete @ this level, but mr magician seemed tuh have other ideas, that why he failed miserably, he did exactly what the columbian did, experimented in the middle of the hex with players who eh worth ah damn!

as for KJ, and when last did he score for us, apart from glenn, when last did any of our strikers scored for us in the hex? KJ can't score if he don't have service! , but let meh ask yuh this, do you really watch any of our games? BC if you did you would not ask such ah rediculus question!

KJ does get kick up , jumped on , kick down, climbed on, push down, pull jersey, grabbed on, how yuh expect the man tuh score when he is constantly doubled teamed and to add insult, his teammates(midfielders) can't penetrate no defence tuh put him in scoring position, the other strikers does be free to take advantage of the space KJ does create while being tormented for 90 mins, like baptistse and scotland.

BTW, KJ has 5 goals for the season in the EPL, what iz that, ah coincidence?

He doh play 4 we.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 05:38:04 PM »
Weary, don't be so simple in your analysis daughter, the truth iz our midfield especially on the left and in the middle is clueless and disorganized. two laboprers who can't even make ah put through pass.

tell meh , do you see how all teams we played does hackk and crowd KJ, onyewo was all over the man, so was marshall vs ticos, the man doh get ah break!

plus his wingers can't even put in ah good cross, and the funny thing iz, two of them iz we corner takers and didn't deliver ah meaningful corner for the whole campaign, and man tellin me carlos should play on the wing. stuueepppssss!

KJ need service, he's not ah creative forward like gleen and roberts. ah know ppl go bring the stern argument, but stern was nvere marked out a game like KJ! fact!

did you see when we played honduras, and latas and hyland came on and changed the game, we had two laborers in the center who was not producing, latas and hyland who are agile mobile players came on and  made things happen, that's what KJ needs.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 10:20:20 PM »
Weary, don't be so simple in your analysis daughter, the truth iz our midfield especially on the left and in the middle is clueless and disorganized. two laboprers who can't even make ah put through pass.

tell meh , do you see how all teams we played does hackk and crowd KJ, onyewo was all over the man, so was marshall vs ticos, the man doh get ah break!

plus his wingers can't even put in ah good cross, and the funny thing iz, two of them iz we corner takers and didn't deliver ah meaningful corner for the whole campaign, and man tellin me carlos should play on the wing. stuueepppssss!

KJ need service, he's not ah creative forward like gleen and roberts. ah know ppl go bring the stern argument, but stern was nvere marked out a game like KJ! fact!

did you see when we played honduras, and latas and hyland came on and changed the game, we had two laborers in the center who was not producing, latas and hyland who are agile mobile players came on and  made things happen, that's what KJ needs.

KJ needs to blank Latas if he gets a call-up next time like Scotland just did and stay in England to concentrate on scoring goals for his club. But maybe he's trying to accumulate as many international caps as possible but I'm not sure why he believes he needs to do that? If KJ doesn't score in that Mexico game tomorrow then I don't want to hear about Latas or any other new replacement head coach for that matter calling him back and starting him even for the Caribbean Cup next year!!
Let KJ stay in England and crank up goals in the EPL and lets all feel proud of him for being a good EPL striker just like Dwight was in his prime. We may all need to accept that for T&T football in its current state right now KJ is like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 10:26:05 PM by Socapro »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 10:35:32 PM »
After Wednesday, the English posse would not have to worry about being called up. They can concentrate soley on their club carrers. Jake maybe the exception for Olimpic qualifiers and CFU.

1]; } ?>