April 25, 2024, 01:23:36 AM

Author Topic: The Future  (Read 1623 times)

Offline Randi

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
The Future
« on: October 12, 2009, 04:21:36 PM »
Well 2010 was out of reach quite a few games ago. So I propose that Mr Latapy and Mr Yorke concentrate soley on dedicated individuals who have both skill and never say die attitude to football.
Dwight of all people should be fully aware of what it takes to be a winner. Having played under the Godfather, Sir Alex Fergusson, he should know exactly what to look for in players. During the world cup next year all potential young players should be brought in for a month long session of ball skills and shooting practise. They should also decide now on all the European based players who qualify to play for TnT and drag them in. Don't wait for some idiot in TTFF to conduct any administrative functions on their behalf. Pick up the phone contact players yourself. Book their flights yourself. Or they could be stranded like J LLoyd Samuel.
It does not have to be a full fitness thing just a team building excerise. This will go some way to ensuring we take no prisoners for the 2014 world cup. That includes the USA (totally overrated). I know football is a subjective thing, some people like one thing, others another but Soca Warriors must be single minded in their approach. Do not be satisfied with mediocracy.

Three Colours Up High

Randi Curvan

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Future
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 06:19:46 PM »
No mid-field, no future

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 06:59:55 PM »
They say your midfield is the brains of the team. Do you know why we didn't qualify for 2010? The team is brain dead and if we don't get some skillful and talented players to play the role in the middle then forget about 2014.

Fire Down Below.

KD
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 07:50:29 PM »
The TNT families, announce with profound regrets of the passing of TNT football in the 2010 W.C qualifying.This sad event occurred  throughout this campaign after a series of setbacks,  a blacklist plague, mismanagement, poorly  made decisions,  inexperienced player selections, and coaches  with  suspect abilities. lack of adequate preparation, an arrogance about friendlies, and multiple pandemic outbreaks of 'jackarseness' have contributed to this demise.

It is with sadness and regret that we have been reading and  watching  the sad plight that our game has taken tonight. To be subjected to such utter display of pathetic lack of interest, urgency and  discretion on the field  by TNT Warriors is a horrific legacy for us to be remembered by.

Our players are survived with the memory of the 2006 W.C. memories. They leave to mourn  countless fans, and players who were not given the opportunity to  display their talents. The lack of  a leadership on field, a defensive midfield and a tactician to set up the strikers were  most evident. at the time and may have contributed to the cause of death.

R..I.P.  2006 memory.

Funeral arrangements are as follows:

Wake Keeping service will be held at ZEN October 11  from 7:00 P.M. to 12:00 A.M. at:

Funeral services will be held on October 12,  from 9am to 11am at:

Any club, under any palm tree and at any liming spots throughout TNT.

Until we meet again. I am now officially retired ..........

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 11:00:21 AM »
A. B. I wll perform the funeral Rites- probono.I will also add REST IN PEACE and rise in glory.
 The Sermon Text - Revelation 21- I saw a New Heaven and a New Earth. The old passeth away- Corbie et al
 I will substitute John the Divine with a vision of a new coach who will attract disciples with a passion for T&T,
The ability to trap , pass and keep the ball on the ground as well as run for 90 minutes minimum. Then I will test them against Babylon to see whether they are righteous.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 11:10:18 AM »
Mr Yorke and Mr Latapy would be well served in their coaching careers coaching youngsters, learning what it takes to be a successful coach, learn the game from that perspective, rather than being handed the national senior team coaching job on a platter and not having the necessary skills or experience to perform the job competently.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 11:39:44 AM »
Mr Yorke and Mr Latapy would be well served in their coaching careers coaching youngsters, learning what it takes to be a successful coach, learn the game from that perspective, rather than being handed the national senior team coaching job on a platter and not having the necessary skills or experience to perform the job competently.

I agree ...they need to work with the youth and their development as coaches...the Senior Team is not the place to learn.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 11:42:41 AM »

Looks like everyone is agreeing that Latas may not yet be ready and lacks the required experience to be our head senior coach. It’s sad for him but he may well have taken on more than he can handle so early in his coaching career! Unfortunately Latas may need to pay his dues and come again!

As I said before whether that stadium is empty, quarter-full or half-full on Wednesday, Latas needs to beat Mexico at home and have his team looking organise if he wishes to carry on as our senior team head coach. But then again with clueless Camps in charge which really mean that Jack is in charge who knows, they may just decide to let Latas carry on until we see how his team performs in the Caribbean Cup next year which is probably fair enough!

On a related note in case we are forced to replace Latas sooner rather than later, any news on Don Leo since he got sacked as Poland's head coach? Is he interested in lowering his wage demands and starting work with T&T from now in preparation for our 2014 qualification campaign? Do we allow Latas to carry on and bring in Don Leo if he is available at the start of the 2014 qualification first rounds in about 2 years from now?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 11:46:43 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 11:43:45 AM »

I agree ...they need to work with the youth and their development as coaches...the Senior Team is not the place to learn.

I taught dat was d M.O. aint nuff players learnin dey trade on d national team. Man eh LB 4 dey club but playin 4 d country.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>