April 25, 2024, 08:10:55 AM

Author Topic: Who really needs rebuilding - The coach or the team ?  (Read 3044 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Who really needs rebuilding - The coach or the team ?
« on: October 13, 2009, 05:09:03 AM »
We playing for pride but de players not playing with pride.

Latapy, please go home !!!! you are out of your league.

Maybe you will be a good coach oneday, I just hope not on our account.

You rebuilding a team when is really you that needs the rebuilding.

There is no excuse for the way we play, forget the loss, every team losses.

Just yesterday at work my Guatemala friends asking me what wrong with T&T football, they said they shocked the way we are playing.

I had to make up some excuse and tell them is the under 20 team and they pinpoint Abu Bakr, they say where allyuh find he, in Guatemala they woulda shoot he long time.

I dont care if Abu Bakr will be a good player oneday, this is not rehab or flicking therapy. Come back when yuh good.

Marvin Andrews was slow, but he had a blasted brain.

I hope Mexico hit we about 6.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 05:27:11 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline goalmember

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who really needs rebuilding - The coach or the team ?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 06:46:51 AM »
Just over three years ago we were neck and neck with teams like Sweden.  I say we start with a director of football and start preparing for 2014, we could do it!!!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 06:53:50 AM »
who needs rebuilding??  The man in the mirror is who needs rebuilding! Lets start with the man in the mirror.
Warren N. Boucaud

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 07:10:55 AM »
Just over three years ago we were neck and neck with teams like Sweden.  I say we start with a director of football and start preparing for 2014, we could do it!!!

neck and neck with Sweden?  Like you watch the game without an antennae on yuh tv?

Be realistic.

3 years ago we were an organized team playing well with our limitations.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 08:01:15 AM »
The campaign is over, now we get the wringing of hands and the gnashing of teeth.
That is to be expected.

The bottom line: We are not good enough.
Period
Full Stop.

But unlike a lot of the reactionists on this board, I have hope.
We are playing better than we have in years (at least since Wim left).
This is a team that will be in transition as we figure out ways to replace the 2006 players.
Understand. The team you're seeing now is pretty close to the team you will be seeing in 2010.

The 2010 Caribbean cup is up next. It will probably be the qualifier for the 2011 gold cup. The work continues.

We need to stop hoping for the quick fix from some "big name" coach. The closest we had to a serious coaching program was from Wim, and we know you loved him so much.

I have seen T&T play without pride and without effort. This is not that team.
Remember Richmond, VA in 1996? Foxboro in 2001?

Let the coach do his work. If we can't dominate the 2010 Caribbean cup, then we can talk about who is out of their league.

Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 08:43:51 AM »
The campaign is over, now we get the wringing of hands and the gnashing of teeth.
That is to be expected.

Period
Full Stop.

This is a team that will be in transition as we figure out ways to replace the 2006 players.
Understand. The team you're seeing now is pretty close to the team you will be seeing in 2010.

The 2010 Caribbean cup is up next. It will probably be the qualifier for the 2011 gold cup. The work continues.

We need to stop hoping for the quick fix from some "big name" coach. The closest we had to a serious coaching program was from Wim, and we know you loved him so much.

Let the coach do his work. If we can't dominate the 2010 Caribbean cup, then we can talk about who is out of their league.

Hope eh, yuh mean like de hope ah had when ah drive meh 11 hours to Nashville, hoping Latas de savior wouldna just  show up to play another scrimmage (for de US) like in chicago?
not to attack you eh breds but c'mon man we cyah afford to wait until we see how we do in 2010 against caribbean opposition jed.
We want ah 'big name' coach now wid ah clue, to get rid of de laborers and start moulding ah team wid speedy players who could do the fundamentals (dat rule out Seon Powers)...and maybe he could get dem to play with fire in dey belly for de country, Russell sure-as-hell can't...oh and also dat new coach might like Birchall:)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 08:50:32 AM »
Is where allyuh getting all these World-Class players from?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 10:19:22 AM »

I wondering the same thing yes........

By player by position and as a unit we simply not good enough this time around.

Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 10:22:22 AM »
That is to be expected.

Period
Full Stop.

What is good football to you? Football is not only played forward.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Lightning

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 10:47:12 AM »
That is to be expected.

Period
Full Stop.

What is good football to you? Football is not only played forward.

The objectives of the game are to get behind the defense and score while preventig the other team from doing same. How you get there depends on the coach's interpretation and vision of the principles of play and the players' ability to implement that vision collectively and consistently over 90 minutes in every game.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009, 02:45:59 PM »
I have hope.

We goh continue to live in hope and dead in despair.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2009, 03:01:24 PM »
I have hope.

We goh continue to live in hope and dead in despair.....

ENTTTTTT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009, 03:57:31 PM »

Just yesterday at work my Guatemala friends asking me what wrong with T&T football, they said they shocked the way we are playing.

I had to make up some excuse and tell them is the under 20 team and they pinpoint Abu Bakr, they say where allyuh find he, in Guatemala they woulda shoot he long time.

I dont care if Abu Bakr will be a good player oneday, this is not rehab or flicking therapy. Come back when yuh good.

Did Latas had a coaches interview for this job?? If he did who was involve!! and what kind of coaching questions was asked, just to make sure that Latas had some education.. about coaching at this level. Abu Bakr selection definitely raised this interview question.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2009, 04:57:59 PM »

Did Latas had a coaches interview for this job?? If he did who was involve!! and what kind of coaching questions was asked, just to make sure that Latas had some education.. about coaching at this level. Abu Bakr selection definitely raised this interview question.

Coaches Interview?!! Yuh mad or what?!

Did Camps have an interview for his job?!

Nothing in T&T football with the current administration is planned out properly!

When Camps is lost for ideas (which in case you don't know is all the time) he simply picks up the phone and calls his advisor Jack. Jack what to do boy?!

So when Maturana had gone way pass his welcome date and Latas was already in place as his assistant it was only natural for Jack to come up with the brilliant money saving idea of making Latas the new head coach and hope for the best. He was confident that Latas couldn't demand no decent friendlies so he would not just be saving on the coach's salary but also on the cost of decent preparation games as well!
Jackula's deadly eyes were already focusing at that time on new blood to suck from our U-20 players for the U-20 World Cup and onwards as they graduate to the senior team as none of them are involved in any lawsuit against him unlike certain members of the ex-senior team.

The TTFF is a joke which equates to our footballers always being at a disadvantage when we want to compete on the international stage.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 09:20:11 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 05:22:18 PM »
We have world class players! KJ, stern, carlos, hyland, jlloyd, roberts (have the potential to be), tinto(have the potential to be) marvin phillips (more than have the potential to be).

lemme ask allyuh this, how much world class players mex, and usa have, usa= donavon, davies, altidore,(has the potential to be) dempsey, bradley. howard.

mex,=   vela, marques, dosantos( has the potential to be) franco, blanco, lopez. excuse me if i missed out on anyone. my point iz, these team did not beat or out classed for talent, they beat us BC they were far more organized, they played their best players, they had proper preparation, they had ah great coaching and technical staff.

our coaches and preparation were sh!t! and allyuh see where that could take a team , just look @ jamaica, semoes picked the wrong players and created an environment of chaos for their players, same thing with sven and mexico. latas have tuh ride out, and the TTFF should follow suite.

only wid ah good fair coach who willing to work wid the best players we have, without the interference of any local jacka$$ who claim they know talented players, only then would we succeed.

lets hire ah good coach and that coach should call all the players who were ever capped in the last 4 yrs that's under the age of 33. he should then keep ah 10 day camp, from which he should choose the best 30 players for a core of players.

stop wid the laborers and the clueless turtles, we have the players to compete, but they not getting picked!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 09:09:33 PM »
The team needs to rebuilt and Latas as coach can only grow with and on the team,while all outside influences are kept to the minimum

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 09:27:58 PM »
We have world class players! KJ, stern, carlos, hyland, jlloyd, roberts (have the potential to be), tinto(have the potential to be) marvin phillips (more than have the potential to be).

lemme ask allyuh this, how much world class players mex, and usa have, usa= donavon, davies, altidore,(has the potential to be) dempsey, bradley. howard.

mex,=   vela, marques, dosantos( has the potential to be) franco, blanco, lopez. excuse me if i missed out on anyone. my point iz, these team did not beat or out classed for talent, they beat us BC they were far more organized, they played their best players, they had proper preparation, they had ah great coaching and technical staff.

our coaches and preparation were sh!t! and allyuh see where that could take a team , just look @ jamaica, semoes picked the wrong players and created an environment of chaos for their players, same thing with sven and mexico. latas have tuh ride out, and the TTFF should follow suite.

only wid ah good fair coach who willing to work wid the best players we have, without the interference of any local jacka$$ who claim they know talented players, only then would we succeed.

lets hire ah good coach and that coach should call all the players who were ever capped in the last 4 yrs that's under the age of 33. he should then keep ah 10 day camp, from which he should choose the best 30 players for a core of players.

stop wid the laborers and the clueless turtles, we have the players to compete, but they not getting picked!

Here's the correction:
Our administration and preparation were sh!t!

Your post will only make sense after a change of administration from the head down inside the TTFF!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 09:35:10 PM »
" Who really needs rebuilding - The coach or the team ?  "
none ah dem
try the Four King "Spetial Advithor"

for years now, if any player ONLY sneezes too loud, Mr Warner Blacklists them....totally childish behaviour indeed

Buh is OK as he brings in BIG Money for FIFA....so FIFA NEEDS this CASH COW
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 09:38:34 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2009, 09:38:31 PM »

ENT!!!!!!
and bring he own assistants and keep Corneal and Latas away from de team.

"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2009, 09:42:21 PM »

ENT!!!!!!
I can Totally concur on your assessment of Corneal, as he does indeed have a history....a very long history, but to lump Latas in there is premature in my opinion....having said that, his initial set of matches does not reflect on him in a favourable light.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2009, 12:34:05 PM »
de team needs rebuilding

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2009, 12:42:49 PM »

ENT!!!!!!
I can Totally concur on your assessment of Corneal, as he does indeed have a history....a very long history, but to lump Latas in there is premature in my opinion....having said that, his initial set of matches does not reflect on him in a favourable light.
Fork day WC! we doh want no mo local involvement! let latapy haul he arse back tuh scotland, he's ah dog! why? when jack told him tuh pick any player he wants , and then turn around and blank cyc and sancho for spann and dog, i look @ that man differant.

i glad he loss most he games, wish he did lose against el salvador, too bias! we need ah foreigner, point blank!! and no more local assistant coaches!!!! just like fyzo said. them have ah habit of influencing the foreign coaches on who they should look @ for selection.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>