April 26, 2024, 08:17:58 PM

Author Topic: Views on T&T v CRC Game (10-Oct-09).  (Read 9776 times)

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Views on T&T v CRC Game (10-Oct-09).
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2009, 11:25:10 AM »
We need a Experience coach . End of story and the start of a new era. My guess is Latapy and Yorke will return to where they come from and Vranes/corneal will take over until the results of the next two years and then a big name coach will appear.

Oh gosh...say it isn't so nah. Vranes and Corneal boy ?
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2009, 11:48:49 AM »
"Radanfah Abu Bakr - 3 - Beat for pace every single time and made some bad passes to his fellow teammates. Was the worst of the back four. How could one have a player with his pace play so high in defense at one point and to make matters worst he does not know how to work the off-side trap effectively".

Did Latas not see him in practice, my gosh!! could he not see that this kid is no way near ready to play at this level. I understand that it's a building process but your players selection have to be realistic but then again Latapy don't have coaching experience at this level, but he will learn.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2009, 11:53:37 AM »
One big observation from last night, Abu Bakr shouldn't be no Last man. He slow as molasses and doesn't read the game well. And Costa Rica was taking advantage of his slowness with balls over the top. I would have rather Julius James be the last man last nite as he much faster than Bakr.  Radanfah wasn't playing the offside trap well at all.

I always thought traditionally that the slower man supposed to be last stopper and the first stopper does all the hard work while the last man reads the game, cleans up and distributes. The faster man not supposed to be last...as far as I know.

The back four were not a unit so Bakr get left to hang out to dry.So allyuh men blaming the man for basically being the only man in position when Costa Rica breaking. Offside trap is not something you just show up and play with 3 strangers after a week's training.

Allyuh men standards real high boy...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2009, 12:29:59 PM »
One big observation from last night, Abu Bakr shouldn't be no Last man. He slow as molasses and doesn't read the game well. And Costa Rica was taking advantage of his slowness with balls over the top. I would have rather Julius James be the last man last nite as he much faster than Bakr.  Radanfah wasn't playing the offside trap well at all.

I always thought traditionally that the slower man supposed to be last stopper and the first stopper does all the hard work while the last man reads the game, cleans up and distributes. The faster man not supposed to be last...as far as I know.

The back four were not a unit so Bakr get left to hang out to dry.So allyuh men blaming the man for basically being the only man in position when Costa Rica breaking. Offside trap is not something you just show up and play with 3 strangers after a week's training.

The slower man should put in the first tackle, you always think worst case scenario. If the speedster get beat first and the other CB slowster have to chase, what's the odds of him being successful?
The faster player plays off the slower one. In our case, JJ the more experienced player should be the player making the last tackle.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2009, 12:33:32 PM »

I think yuh on the ball again Spidey.  Yuh know...for the own goal, if the ball didn't splice off Bakr foot...leh we say he cleared it, man woulda saying nice save dey boy.  Same action...different result and the yute getting jam left and right sah.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2009, 12:38:23 PM »
Hmm..I hadda do a poll on this as another thread.

I thought the first stopper would need the speed. He should have a better chance at recovering than the slower person and he could close down the play faster (thus first). I wasn't really asking a question, so I surprised at the answer.
Every side I play for for umpteen years always put the older, experienced player as the last stopper while the younger, faster, fitter youthman is get the job as the first stopper who would do the man-marking on goal kicks and attack the ball while the last stopper sweep up the loose balls. That is just tradition in Trinidad, isn't it? Same way whenever a side pick up for the first time they automatically fall into a 4-4-2 with a playmaker in centre midfield.

But anyway, this is aside from the main thread so if is anythign I might debate it as a topic for another thread.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2009, 12:54:18 PM »
Hmm..I hadda do a poll on this as another thread.

I thought the first stopper would need the speed. He should have a better chance at recovering than the slower person and he could close down the play faster (thus first). I wasn't really asking a question, so I surprised at the answer.
Every side I play for for umpteen years always put the older, experienced player as the last stopper while the younger, faster, fitter youthman is get the job as the first stopper who would do the man-marking on goal kicks and attack the ball while the last stopper sweep up the loose balls. That is just tradition in Trinidad, isn't it? Same way whenever a side pick up for the first time they automatically fall into a 4-4-2 with a playmaker in centre midfield.

But anyway, this is aside from the main thread so if is anythign I might debate it as a topic for another thread.

The younger fitter player has cover, that's why he is placed in that position. You don't want the guy making his debut making the last tackle now do you.
Today football, once one of the CB have to step in to become a stopper the other 3 defenders drop off and pinch in to force the play away from goal. Remember most international teams play a flat back 4 morphing into different shapes.

If the fast player have to recover you already in deep trouble, cause now it a foot race and everyone is FACING your goal, which hopefully you don't want. If the fast player is last then the % that the play remain in front the defense is higher, which is what we want. The forward knowing the speed of the last defender may hesitate in trying to run past the last defender, whereas if it's a slow defender he getting attack right away at full speed.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2009, 12:57:09 PM »
Back to basics

I think our players needs to be in a more professional environment. They are not short on talent but mentally they fall off the game way to easily. We also need do go back to the basics and work our way up again. We have to make a step back before we can move forward.

Whats sad is how long many have been saying this for T&T football....Same ol', same ol'.
'
Hart for president

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2009, 04:28:21 PM »
Sjahrain let me tell yuh sumting,everything yuh said is so bloody true but yuh have to wonder if Latapy, and the other coaches does tell the players what yuh say.It is as simple as yuh explained and I have asked that many times,yuh would notice that nobody would be interested in what yuh say coz most ah dem dont understand.

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2009, 09:59:01 PM »
Don't we play a flat back four? If so, then all this bout ist stopper and sweeper makes no sense. Pressure and cover depending on which angle ball comin from will dictate who steps and who covers.
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2009, 10:00:19 PM »
thanks Fantastic...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2009, 10:05:17 PM »
Don't we play a flat back four? If so, then all this bout ist stopper and sweeper makes no sense. Pressure and cover depending on which angle ball comin from will dictate who steps and who covers.

When other teams dropping off the front keep a flat back four and see what happen nah.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2009, 10:16:09 PM »
breds///be serious...you talking bout who slower and who making they debut should be tackeling...man
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2009, 10:24:41 PM »
breds///be serious...you talking bout who slower and who making they debut should be tackeling...man

Latapy letting anyone step in to fill the space look where it get us. Anyway I have my understanding and alyuh have alyuh own.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2009, 05:21:58 AM »
Imagine this is the first time Jake Thomson ever play at this level and he was the best T&T player on the field.

I just hope he consistent.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2009, 06:09:19 AM »
Very good analysis...James like I always said is not spectacular but his speed makes him an asset but his composure and concentration is truly lacking...Bakr had a really bad game and his pace is lacking but still can develop if he gets his positioning right...I want to see Primus in the next game next to Lawrence for now ...and Juma up front with Jones...Hyland should be called in and it should be Hyland and Daniel in the Middle with Tinto on the left
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2009, 06:42:02 AM »
Top stuff Flex.

Russell Latapy should go back to Scotland or admit he needs a better assistant coach. I fed up hear Latapy's lame excuses. Rebuilding my ass, Mexico will be rebuilding to lets see two rebuilding teams in action Wednesday.

Trent Noel is 34, Lawrence is 35, Edwards is 30 and by our next set of qualifiers Theobald, Leon, Baptiste, Spann, Scotland and Stern go be in they 30's. Latapy building a time bomb.

I personally fell Abu Bakr should not be on T&T's team. I hate slow players.

Tinto scored a lovely goal in Mexico but to be honest that was the best he ever did, he is lacking something.

Daniel should really be moved into central, any fool could see this.

If anyone needs a cap call Latapy, he does cap players and then they does dissapear wether they do good or bad.

Drop Edwards and the entire T&T team and call up the under 20 squad.

I am fedup with the blasted attitude on this board and it is a reflection of "a" TnT mentality that sees us always wanting results even if we didnt earn it. We are true Bandwaggonists. Not saying we as fans dont take pressure... for surely de warriors and the New York Knicks has a lot in common however it is time to give up the fact that WC 06 is gone and so are those players. So if we rebuilding then allow for that to happen. Arsenal took how many seasons??? Pimpin aint easy dammit. I am by no means saying that de Team or Coach should have an easy time from the fans but for crying out loud... show some rational. We are humans blessed with the ability to reason, process and execute.  Like Mulraine, many feel like our Pride is lacking... but how far can pride carry yuh. This is football and there is only so much "winging it" one can do. We cant blasted trap, pass or focus for long periods. We want to blame coaches and the Team for this?? These are foundational problems built into our society. Blame ourselves as well. Flex said and I quote; the Team plays very well for about 30 minutes. Doesnt that suggest that we need serious shrink related help. Focus training. Concentration classes. One thing I know for sure... Yuh cya get sheep from goat and our Technical makeup and development as well as our attitude toward defence must change before we can expect to see wholesale adjustments. Anything else until then is pure luck. not even skill. That thing that we always like to call skill is shrouded in a lack of tactical awareness.

Pathetic? maybe but it begins with us as a whole.  Maybe these enshrined weaknesses are too much to get the better of. I am as upset as the next guy/gal but I have lived in TnT now for about the last 7-8 months and I promise you (especially the foreigners) that this basic mental flurry-ness is ever-present in our government institutions, schools, justice system, authoritative branches and our Nation as a whole. We always tend to mistake working smart with being a smart-man. We will con our way in and out of most things. Yuh cya CON football.

Star Child, this was not a personal attack on you or your post but rather your post provided the opportunity for me to say what I did.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2009, 08:00:20 AM »
Top stuff Flex.

Russell Latapy should go back to Scotland or admit he needs a better assistant coach. I fed up hear Latapy's lame excuses. Rebuilding my ass, Mexico will be rebuilding to lets see two rebuilding teams in action Wednesday.

Trent Noel is 34, Lawrence is 35, Edwards is 30 and by our next set of qualifiers Theobald, Leon, Baptiste, Spann, Scotland and Stern go be in they 30's. Latapy building a time bomb.

I personally fell Abu Bakr should not be on T&T's team. I hate slow players.

Tinto scored a lovely goal in Mexico but to be honest that was the best he ever did, he is lacking something.

Daniel should really be moved into central, any fool could see this.

If anyone needs a cap call Latapy, he does cap players and then they does dissapear wether they do good or bad.

Drop Edwards and the entire T&T team and call up the under 20 squad.

I am fedup with the blasted attitude on this board and it is a reflection of "a" TnT mentality that sees us always wanting results even if we didnt earn it. We are true Bandwaggonists. Not saying we as fans dont take pressure... for surely de warriors and the New York Knicks has a lot in common however it is time to give up the fact that WC 06 is gone and so are those players. So if we rebuilding then allow for that to happen. Arsenal took how many seasons??? Pimpin aint easy dammit. I am by no means saying that de Team or Coach should have an easy time from the fans but for crying out loud... show some rational. We are humans blessed with the ability to reason, process and execute.  Like Mulraine, many feel like our Pride is lacking... but how far can pride carry yuh. This is football and there is only so much "winging it" one can do. We cant blasted trap, pass or focus for long periods. We want to blame coaches and the Team for this?? These are foundational problems built into our society. Blame ourselves as well. Flex said and I quote; the Team plays very well for about 30 minutes. Doesnt that suggest that we need serious shrink related help. Focus training. Concentration classes. One thing I know for sure... Yuh cya get sheep from goat and our Technical makeup and development as well as our attitude toward defence must change before we can expect to see wholesale adjustments. Anything else until then is pure luck. not even skill. That thing that we always like to call skill is shrouded in a lack of tactical awareness.

Pathetic? maybe but it begins with us as a whole.  Maybe these enshrined weaknesses are too much to get the better of. I am as upset as the next guy/gal but I have lived in TnT now for about the last 7-8 months and I promise you (especially the foreigners) that this basic mental flurry-ness is ever-present in our government institutions, schools, justice system, authoritative branches and our Nation as a whole. We always tend to mistake working smart with being a smart-man. We will con our way in and out of most things. Yuh cya CON football.

Star Child, this was not a personal attack on you or your post but rather your post provided the opportunity for me to say what I did.
I stand corrected... I am fedup with "a" (an) attitude ever-present on the board. My apologies for such a broad generalization.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2009, 04:58:27 PM »
The team that beat Costa Rica:

supersub:

« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 08:28:19 PM by E-man »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2009, 06:02:57 PM »
You sure e-man ?

Because if I am not mistaken this was the team that beat CRC in the 2000 Gold Cup.

Clayton Ince, Angus Eve (Evans Wise 86th), Ansil Elcock, Anthony Rougier, Marvin Andrews, Stokely Mason, Russell Latapy (Brent Rahim 87th), David Nakhid, Anthony Rougier, Arnold Dwarika, Jerren Nixon (Mickey Trotman 60th).

Also, I see 10 players in that photo, wonder where the 11th went, maybe Dwarika was missing....  :angel:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 06:30:26 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2009, 06:27:42 PM »

I knew it!!....I keep seeing posts about sweeper and stopper and I asking my self.....how we playing dat with four men straight across the back.....I just tell mih self dat as a girl I eh know nutten bout football..... ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2009, 06:28:19 PM »
The team that beat Costa Rica:

supersub:

Dem days was painful boy!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 08:28:33 PM by E-man »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2009, 08:22:22 PM »
You sure e-man ?

Because if I am not mistaken this was the team that beat CRC in the 2000 Gold Cup.

Clayton Ince, Angus Eve (Evans Wise 86th), Ansil Elcock, Anthony Rougier, Marvin Andrews, Stokely Mason, Russell Latapy (Brent Rahim 87th), David Nakhid, Anthony Rougier, Arnold Dwarika, Jerren Nixon (Mickey Trotman 60th).

Also, I see 10 players in that photo, wonder where the 11th went, maybe Dwarika was missing....  :angel:

That's what I'm saying. We haven't beaten them since then, no? That was Feb 20, 2000
And yeah Dwarika is the missing starter.
Mickey hit the golden goal in the 102nd minute.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2009, 08:26:03 PM »
For some time now our football has been suffering from a third World mentality,where one man has a the power and you do as he says or you just don't play,that being said the players have to take some responsibility in the demise of our game,there have been too many instances where we failed just in doing the basics of the game,is that the coach's fault is it the administrations fault
Its a collective effort and that is sorely lacking
The administration has not created an atmosphere for progress,this is the national team Jah dam it and our best should always on the field,Jack this team does not belong to you but all the nationals of Trinidad and Tobago,its urgent that you stop treating our Warriors as your personal cash cow..... :devil:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2009, 08:31:48 PM »
For some time now our football has been suffering from a third World mentality,where one man has a the power and you do as he says or you just don't play,that being said the players have to take some responsibility in the demise of our game,there have been too many instances where we failed just in doing the basics of the game,is that the coach's fault is it the administrations fault
Its a collective effort and that is sorely lacking
The administration has not created an atmosphere for progress,this is the national team Jah dam it and our best should always on the field,Jack this team does not belong to you but all the nationals of Trinidad and Tobago,its urgent that you stop treating our Warriors as your personal cash cow..... :devil:

Socapro on behalf of Jack:
I would like to spit on you but I won't as I don't want to dignify my spit!  :devil:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2009, 08:39:52 PM »
That's what I'm saying. We haven't beaten them since then, no? That was Feb 20, 2000
And yeah Dwarika is the missing starter.
Mickey hit the golden goal in the 102nd minute.

shit boy :o
and men does cuss when refs give ManBoo 6 minutes ET :devil: :devil:

;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2009, 08:59:38 PM »
That man was not brought up he was dragged up... :devil:

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2009, 09:19:15 PM »
I agree with you for the most part Flex.But I would give Abu a slightly higher mark and the other defenders lower.. Abu still have a lot to learn, but his other defenders left him out to dry....I think it wa the 3 goal, he wa trying to cover his man, and when the cross came in, the scorer was free as a bird...This happened over and over...Nice going though Flex.

The other defenders were doing all that they can. They can't do their job and his too. Our defensive woes start from higher up field. Our forwards and midfielders have no defensive presence at all and the back 4 is constantly exposed too early leaving them scrambling to defend. To blame our right back or even Abu Bakr for the goals alone is a bit harsh. That being said I agree with Abu Bakr's rating. Either the 3rd of 4th goal was glaring in him not even reacting while the ball is coming his way. In the end it goes past him and he loses the foot race for the ball and the player goes on to score.

If the team attitude to defending doesn't change, especially for away games, we'll continue to concede a lot of goals.

best post in this thread. for weeks now ive been saying that our defense cant take all d blame. our midfielders dont defend, they dont track and they dont win balls in d middle. as a result, its usually 6v4 against our defense constantly. the few times we do have players in defense, then we dont show composure, hence the own goal.

having said that i seeing men trying to put together a prospective team for tomorrow, and seeing leston paul and daniel as our two central midfielders. that has to be madness!!! if you look at any top level team ball, every midfield has a ball winner or two and a creative influence in there. unfortunately T&T team has neither of these currently. we need to decide where are our strengths...either we going and play de wing play and be creative down d flanks and whip some ball in for jones to bully these small hispanics in the concacaf or come down d middle and be creative like that. right now we have no offensive identity...only kick d ball long for jones to hold up and hope the striker who playing off of him pick up some scraps and do ah ting. again madness!! also, we in bad need of a ball winner. i dont know what latas have against birchall...i have heard some pretty interesting reasons for toward that talk....but birchall has been our best ball winner since maybe kerry jamerson or rougier. he or someone of his caliber has to be in our middle. remember how we got to the last world cup? someone winning d ball and allowing dwight to be creative?? how soon we forget. once we establish that ball winner then we need to find that creative influence....either paul, daniel or hyland. or if we decide to attack down de flanks, carlos and somebody else on d next side and load d middle with ball winners. but at this time we have no identity offensively and as a result we under mad pressure defensively.

we need to show some pride in this next game and i will join the chorus in hoping that primus plays. he looks really solid. all we need now is hope birchall can get ah call or play or someone who can play dat role and not noel and dat goat leon. :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2009, 09:29:06 PM »

I knew it!!....I keep seeing posts about sweeper and stopper and I asking my self.....how we playing dat with four men straight across the back.....I just tell mih self dat as a girl I eh know nutten bout football..... ::)

;D  :devil: :devil:

nah gyul. we does only watch football to gape at d players  ::)
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack and Abu
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2009, 09:33:29 PM »

rafa is he a pawn in jacks game? Is his place on the team justifyed? Did jack pull the strings on this one to get on the good side of Abu ? Does Abu even care?

elections will soon come, football is a business, nothing is for free, jack as power, abu has power, together they will not be a championship team but like a mid table team has the potential to disturb the flow

my opinion: rafa is decent and a good lad, but the world around him is messed up, he is a pawn at this time

hope your eyes are now opened, from a crediable source

1]; } ?>