April 28, 2024, 01:56:16 PM

Author Topic: No sponsorship for TT.  (Read 5832 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
No sponsorship for TT.
« on: October 16, 2009, 04:48:18 AM »
Over 1 Billion people are watching the IPL and TT cricketers couldn't get one little sponsorship,what a shame that even the Government couldn't come up with something.It is good that we have an influential cappo,its a long story but it has been reported in to-dar's Express,BECAUSE OF GANGA THE TT players were sponsored by the biggest poultry farmers in Asia to the tune of $100,000 US,the team stands to gain more the better they do.
 TT is being seen by millions,what about the tourist industry etc,SHAME ON THE GOVERNMENT AND THE BUSINESS FRATERNITY, SUCH AN IDIOTIC BUNCH OF PEOPLE.
  We are always cussing Jamaicans but they would never make that mistake,Shaggy and Chaka Khan was there,couldn't we send a small contingent to show our culture also.We Trinis think we are smart,think again.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: No sponsorship for TT.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 07:42:15 AM »
Fool...the teams are all being sponsored by Indian companies over there. The indians wanted the rights so they could get the most mileage. I think it's vytech or something so. It's on the players caps and Ganga thanked them in all his post match interviews.
Besides, sponsorship does not come from the government, it comes from private companies looking for advertising.

The governement contributed to cricket through the TTCB already as is their mandate. Doh get tie up with cricket money and football money. Deryck Murray not thiefing the government money like Jack Warner is in football, so cricket gets money from the government.

Go back and suck Jack dick instead of spreading propaganda. U feel the the jamaican government pay for Shaggy and Chaka Khan? Steups...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 11:54:35 AM by spideybuff »
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 08:03:24 AM »
Aye yah yei

Frico that slap down hurt... :devil:

I am not trying to be....funny....  :rotfl:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 09:56:17 AM »
Aye yah yei

Frico that slap down hurt... :devil:

I am not trying to be....funny....  :rotfl:

Slap him yes iz always d govt dis and dat
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 11:59:31 AM »
Good info Spidey.  I was not aware that the sponsorship rights were retained by the Indians I myself might have spoke out of place like Frico.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 12:06:32 PM »
I.. thought to ask the same question Frico....but...the Soca children sharpe.....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 12:12:42 PM »
I.. thought to ask the same question Frico....but...the Soca children sharpe.....

Ask vs accusation?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 12:27:48 PM »
Good info Spidey.  I was not aware that the sponsorship rights were retained by the Indians I myself might have spoke out of place like Frico.

Blessings

Well even if you asked the question, the point is that it is not the government's job to "sponsor" the team. The government's investment comes in the form of facilities here and all that, which they had. Plus, I pretty sure it would have to be the TTCB who paying for the flights, hotels, food and all that...which is government money.

As far as I know, TTCB produces accounts and I doh hear Murray complaining to the government. In fact I know for a fact that on some occasions, government money has been refused because certain zones prefer to not be beholden to the government as they are UNC strongholds. But I think that was when PNM had now get back into power, things might have changed since then

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 12:53:35 PM »
Spideybuff,couldn't you come up with something better than telling me "to suck Jack's dick",I did not diss your Government,I just mentioned them in my post,I said nothing for such a response.I would like to know if you read the article in to-day's Express about how TT got a sponsarship in India.I hope you did,just to put you right Somerset got sponsored before they left England by an English firm so you are not totally right with your first post.I said that 1.5 billion people would be looking at this and if Trinis were a bit more savvy the team could have got some sort of sponsarship before they left.We have the most unique culture in the world and surely we could have sold something to the biggest market in the world.In case you dont know the Asian economy is fast becoming the most powerful in the world.
 Next time dont let IGNORANCE overule your JUDGEMENT.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 04:04:32 PM »
Why on this happy occasion,   racial politics have to intervene to spoil the happiness. It just goes to show that all the tourist brochures about TT unique cultural mix is a pack of s--t. Because right beneath the surface we ain't to far from the Hutus and Tutsis. Pick any one you want. Can we just enjoy a TT team do good and just praise the players for the good job well done. Next thing when they come back home,  if Manning don't give them a million each they will start to say is racism.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 05:41:46 PM »
TT got on the map when we qualified for 2006 WC in Germany and i believe everyman got $1,000,000 TT for what they did.The fact is the team went out to rep us in the biggest cricket tournament in the world,watched by 1.5 billion people,it was scandalous that they wern't given any sponsarship deals before they left.Wouldn't it have been nice to see something on the bill boards about a TT product,it could have earned TT in several ways.This TT CRICKET TEAM HAS OUT-PERFORMED THE FOOTBALL TEAM,SO WHY SHOULDN'T THEY ALL GET SOME TT$$$s.
 I still meet people today who ask me where I'm from,when I say Trinidad they say where is that,after this IPL tournament 1.5 billion people would be wiser.I will say again,shame on TT,its government and its business fraternity for not showing a bit more interest in their cricketers,I hope that TT go all the way and win the six million US $$$$s,I suppose then Gary Hunt would be their to greet them,Ganga should tell him and others to GFY.Deeks yuh mentioned bout Hutus and Tutsis,ent that going on long time now,the difference is Rawanda had no law and order,we suppose to have but we murder rate could rate with the worst.

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 07:59:25 PM »
I realize you were talking about the express article but get slap dong in the process. You do have a point regarding sponsorship for sportsmen but I think the TTCB is beginning to see the rewards of their investment in the players.

In all seriousness.... you doh think yuh should be careful how you talk about sponsorship if yuh name "Frico"   ;D
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 09:01:28 PM by Leonaldo »
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 11:29:54 PM »
Why on this happy occasion,   racial politics have to intervene to spoil the happiness. It just goes to show that all the tourist brochures about TT unique cultural mix is a pack of s--t. Because right beneath the surface we ain't to far from the Hutus and Tutsis. Pick any one you want. Can we just enjoy a TT team do good and just praise the players for the good job well done. Next thing when they come back home,  if Manning don't give them a million each they will start to say is racism.
[/quote

Dey done get a mil from Robin Hood. D world does watch WC so d world c we draw wit Sweden d world eh c Pollard heroics. So  if Patrick eh step up and give dem a mill no probs. 

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 04:24:21 AM »
I realize you were talking about the express article but get slap dong in the process. You do have a point regarding sponsorship for sportsmen but I think the TTCB is beginning to see the rewards of their investment in the players.

In all seriousness.... you doh think yuh should be careful how you talk about sponsorship if yuh name "Frico"   ;D
Oh shyte,ah never thought bout that,yuh talking bout the milk arnt you? ;D

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 07:54:51 AM »
Oh shyte,ah never thought bout that,yuh talking bout the milk arnt you? ;D
[/quote]

Oh shyte...ah need to check meh spelling (f-r-e-e-c-o)   :beermug:

Here is a link for the article:

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161544878
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 08:05:13 AM by Leonaldo »
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2009, 09:32:34 AM »
Thanks for that Leonaldo nice name that.I hope Spideybuff read it and understand what ah mean.Regards mate.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2009, 10:19:03 AM »
spideybuff you are only 50% right so dont get tie up with the pro govt talk, the govt and private sector did not step forward for this tournament, the aussies and many other teams had heir sponsors on board before they landed in india, get it right nah...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2009, 11:25:11 AM »
spideybuff you are only 50% right so dont get tie up with the pro govt talk, the govt and private sector did not step forward for this tournament, the aussies and many other teams had heir sponsors on board before they landed in india, get it right nah...

Does d TTCB get money from d govt/coporate TNT. If yes y because dey have a competition in India must get additional money. How long dey know dey have dis competition? So in deh budgetary submissions dey should have just included dis tournament.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2009, 06:53:40 PM »
big add in front of they jersey and man saying they have no sponsors?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2009, 06:58:07 PM »
Poultry company rescues T&T
Mark Pouchet

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161544878

Friday, October 16th 2009

PROUD TO HELP: Neil Prashad

When neither the Trinidad and Tobago government nor a local company had the foresight to fund the national senior cricket team, a Trinidad and Tobago-born businessman managed to get India's largest poultry company to sponsor them in the Airtel Champion's League 20/20 Tournament.

Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board president Deryck Murray said yesterday that the sponsorship deal which was in the works about three weeks before the start of the Asian competition, was only nailed down a few days before the T&T squad's departure.

The story of how the logo of Asia's largest poultry company Venky's (India) Limited, which employs 2.5 million people in the Asian sub continent, became emblazoned across the chests of the T&T senior cricketers began when T&T skipper Daren Ganga told his friend Neil Prashad about the troubles of his squad to secure sponsorship for the tournament.

Prashad, an executive vice president of Bala Entertainment, the personal media company of Venky's owner Dr Balaji Rao, introduced the idea to Rao.

"By birth I'm Trinidadian. As a result of that when I found out through my friendship with Daren Ganga that the team had no sponsor, I was more than proud and happy to present Dr Balaji Rao for him to sponsor T&T through Venky's," Prashad revealed. Rao was said to have viewed tapes of Trinidad and Tobago senior cricketers in action, including their Stanford 20/20 winning performance.

"Dr Rao said 'I am proud to sponsor Trinidad and Tobago and extremely proud of the team thus far and the performance of all players and the captain Daren Ganga. I have intentions to expand my business in the Caribbean and Latin America based out of Trinidad, so this is just a snapshot of my cooperation with T&T by supporting the national team of T&T'. That's a direct quote," Prashad said in a phone interview from India yesterday.

It seems that Dr Rao's enthusiasm is shared by the public in India with the sports pages of dailies hailing and praising the efforts and victories of the T&T team in their first two games.

Despite all the hype and thrill that the local team has generated in the tournament, Prashad was a little saddened that Ganga and company did not have a single sponsor except Venky's for the competition and that the T&T Government failed to have the vision to launch their country as a product in India.

"The bottom line is that it is very commendable for a tiny island like T&T to be performing so well and doing so well. And I'm a bit disappointed that potentially more than one billion people are talking about and watching their teams and there has not been one advertisement about T&T, nothing from the tourism department to say come visit our island, the land of Brian Lara. Nothing to show T&T as a business card. It is an opportunity lost," he lamented.

Prashad added that Lara's name was associated with the West Indies team in India and for the first time the masses in India were talking about the Caribbean country.

"Shaggy and Chaka Khan performed here at the opening but there was nothing to showcase T&T, no soca artiste nothing to send that message that this is our country and you should come visit," he said. He was however quick to add that Venky's would be looking into increasing their involvement with the Caribbean and T&T in particular.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2009, 08:23:48 PM »
If its so it went down....Frico you may have a point.... :devil:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2009, 10:25:13 PM »
If its so it went down....Frico you may have a point.... :devil:

Y dis was not in a budget. Who sponsorin dem 4 d regional competition?

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2009, 04:15:50 AM »
For those who agree with me in some of what I said,thanks for being so generous,ah waiting for SPIDEYBUFF TO COME OUT AH HIDING NOW. ;D ;D ;D

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2009, 04:38:02 AM »
For those who agree with me in some of what I said,thanks for being so generous,ah waiting for SPIDEYBUFF TO COME OUT AH HIDING NOW. ;D ;D ;D

Me too! The man called you a fool, spoke with authority, and was dead wrong. He should be in politics!  ;D

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2009, 05:52:27 AM »
BOSS,ah like yuh last line"he should be in politics",he did really speak like he knows what he was saying. 8)

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2009, 11:05:27 AM »
Allyuh check what weary is saying. The government does indeed support the TTCB via SPORTT who in turn receive funding from Ministry of Sport. For the year so far $550,000 of government money has gone towards the preparation of T&T teams. Even more of that has gone into developing the sport, i.e. youth programmes and competitions.

Sporting bodies, TTCB, TTFF, TTHB, etc. are supposed to have youth development programmes in place. Then they submit budgets for the year that should include national team activity. I think some sports are also required to submit quarterly reports to account for money spent up to that time as a check and balance. So weary's point about the TTCB putting this tournament in the budget is spot on. It's the responsibility of the governing body of the sport, the TTCB in this case, to prepare national teams, meet their tournament expenses and find sponsors not the government of T&T.

If anyone needs to be taken to task it would be the private sector for not stepping up. However, in the current economic climate who are we to tell them how to spend their money. Maybe the TTCB waited too long to approach them, maybe they made no approach at all? At the end of the day our boys have shown themselves to be good value for sponsorship money and hopefully it will be easier for corporate T&T to step up even with a part sponsorship deal next time around.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2009, 10:53:31 AM »
Heard the Minister of Sport say that the gov't give $TT2.7M to the TTCB.  From the soundbyte I heard, I also get the impression that the $550,000 dwolfman referred to was just for preparation for this tournament alone.

Colin Murray said that the TTCB did approach Carib for sponsorship, but regretably due to their having already sponsored the national football team in the WC qualifiers, they just couldn't fork out that kinda money again.

Deryck Murray said that they did approach corporate TT but to no avail.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2009, 10:50:24 AM »
Heard the Minister of Sport say that the gov't give $TT2.7M to the TTCB.  From the soundbyte I heard, I also get the impression that the $550,000 dwolfman referred to was just for preparation for this tournament alone.

Colin Murray said that the TTCB did approach Carib for sponsorship, but regretably due to their having already sponsored the national football team in the WC qualifiers, they just couldn't fork out that kinda money again.

Deryck Murray said that they did approach corporate TT but to no avail.

And we could safely say that was a bad investment.....ok ah done, ah eh no cricket fan so dis is mih first and last post in here..... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2009, 11:07:39 AM »
Oh sorry...I's only come on this part of the site during the games.

I doh need to respond. Check the same express and quote the article that rebuffs the original article nah. When you argue with a mad man you end up looking like you mad too, so I said my piece. I have no interest in coming back here to fight up with you and your agenda.

TI, Boss etc. READ up on things before you take what men say on this site as gospel.

The man's argument was that the government did not help the Trinidad team...which was grossly misinformed. He made it sound like the team went begging cap in hand to get sponsorhsip, that is also a blatant lie. Both TDC and SPORTT gave the side money prior to the tournament.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2009, 12:10:23 PM »
Oh sorry...I's only come on this part of the site during the games.

I doh need to respond. Check the same express and quote the article that rebuffs the original article nah. When you argue with a mad man you end up looking like you mad too, so I said my piece. I have no interest in coming back here to fight up with you and your agenda.

TI, Boss etc. READ up on things before you take what men say on this site as gospel.

The man's argument was that the government did not help the Trinidad team...which was grossly misinformed. He made it sound like the team went begging cap in hand to get sponsorhsip, that is also a blatant lie. Both TDC and SPORTT gave the side money prior to the tournament.

Spidey d govt suppose 2 give money because a tournament is planned in India. 4get all d money dey give b4.

1]; } ?>