April 29, 2024, 12:55:10 AM

Author Topic: Champions League Twenty20, 15th Match, League A: New South Wales v Trinidad & To  (Read 11989 times)

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Pollard soon to become a millionaire( in US dollars).
http://twitter.com/LalitKModi/status/4921764730

What one innings can do.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
Pollard set for life there. He will get a IPL contrac for sure now, to to go with Stanford million.

Them men got their mil before stanford crashed?
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
8 intls on that nsw side, who play for the aussie sr team, great accomplishment by the boys, it shows we can play with the best and win without west indies... :beermug:

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Somerset owe us a win. They need to beat NSW in case we relax against the Eagles. I still waiting on both Bravos to come big with the bat...I hope they save it for the semi and the final, though.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
wow.........what a victory!

ENTTTTTTTTT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
From Cricinfo

Henriques is stunned, his figures have been destroyed. Pollard's the toast of T&T and he celebrates the victory with his team-mates who rush onto the field and live it up like there' s nothing else. T&T have won with nine balls to spare, and in the end it appears to be a convincing win when it actually wasn't. They were 118 for 5 when Ramdin fell in the 16th over, and they needed 53 in 28.. They only needed 19 deliveries to knock them off, all thanks to Pollard who gave Henriques a treatment he'll remember for the rest of his life. No doubts over who's the Man of the Match, we'll get you the presentation details in a bit. I can't remember seeing too many games where fortunes have turned 180 degrees for either team within a matter of a few minutes.

Vaidya: "Looks like Katich had to go somewhere in a hurry, finished it off in a hurry by giving the ball to Henriques. You don't give someone who's been slaughtered for 27 another over. Its like inflicting further torture on an already tortured soul!"

Balaji: "That 27 run over was like a stick cricket over... God, T&T are good"

Henriques is the most economical bowler of the game, and gets a prize. I was kidding, it's Sherwin Ganga.

Pollard is the Man of the Match: "I think I came in at a crucial time, and the team was in trouble. It was a team effort, but there is always room for improvement. I always back myself to do it for the team when it needs it. Ramdin did well, and I realised it was my responsibility to win it for T&T. All of those shots were my favourites," he says.

Katich: "A fantastic effort at the end. We got blown away. They kept us down in the middle of our innings. Our guys did a great job [with the bat] but that last minute blitz blew us away. It was a great wicket, great outfield."

Ganga: "It's going to be a carnival atmosphere back in T&T. We love to party. It was a great effort to restrict NSW to 170, and we knew we had the right players to chase this down. I had faith in the bowlers, but we pulled things back well. We were not under pressure chasing 170, we knew we had players in our camp to achieve this. I can't find a word to describe it [Pollard's innings] and he's not the only player we have who is looking forward to playing a great innings for our team."

Tapish sends us this: "Kieron Pollard has just won himself a nice fat IPL contract for the next 3 seasons!"

Both teams had carried two points coming into this phase of the competition, and T&T have increased their tally to four, boosting their chances of making it to the semi-finals. NSW will be demoralised, but they still stand a fair chance of making it to the next stage. But pity the poor Henriques!
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Pollard set for life there. He will get a IPL contrac for sure now, to to go with Stanford million.

Them men got their mil before stanford crashed?

Some did. Pollard got his. Stanford chain up most to do the sensible thing and reinvest 750 000 back into the fund. Pollard being the stereotypical youth , take his own to bling out and end up doing the right thing. Too bad that didn't work for Whitley and the Unit Trust money.

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
yo Pollard had ah demon in he bat today dred 54 runs off 18 balls...madness, well done fellas  :beermug:

on ah side note ah hope dwayne bravo battin picks back up because he been doin well with the ball
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nerveless Pollard seals win for T&T

The Bulletin by Sriram Veera
October 16, 2009
http://www.cricinfo.com/t20champions2009/content/current/story/430004.html

It's said that you can win or lose a Twenty20 game in a blink and Kieron Pollard, batting like a man possessed, proved the adage right by engineering a stunning win against New South Wales.

'It's not over until its over' is another one of those cricketing clichés which rarely comes true but tonight was the night for clichés. In a Hyderabad minute, everything changed.

NSW unleashed their two dynamites David Warner and Phillip Hughes who charged them to 170 which seemed more than enough at one stage but Pollard, with a violent 18-ball 54, crafted a remarkable comeback in Twenty20 history.

The chase never seemed to be going anywhere after the top order had combusted and when Darren Bravo was run out, the equation read: 80 from 42 balls. Surely, game over? But everything changed in a stunning fashion as first Denesh Ramdin and then Pollard played out of their skins to fashion a thrilling win.

It all began in the 14 th over bowled by Stuart Clark. Ramdin pinged the midwicket boundary twice before he lifted the spinner Steven Smith in the next over for a boundary over extra-cover and a slog-swept six over midwicket. However, Ramdin fell in the next over and once again, NSW were the favourites or so one thought.

It might have started in the 14 th but it was the 16 th over that proved to be the game-breaker. Pollard simply went berserk against the mediumpace of Moises Henriques, looting 27 runs. The second ball disappeared to long-off, the third was sliced over point, the fourth, a full toss, was collected by a spectator beyond midwicket boundary, the fourth, another nervy full toss, was picked up from behind deep square-leg boundary, and the last delivery flew to third man. Game over.

If there was any doubt, it vanished when Simon Katich handed Henriques the responsibility to bowl the 19th over and Pollard finished off the chase with couple of bludgeoned sixes. Till Pollard struck with his whirlwind innings, NSW had done everything that they could do. The bowling was disciplined and the batting was led from the front by Warner and Hughes. With only a few deliveries into the contest it was clear that pace on the ball was going to be fodder to both the batsmen, especially when T&T didn't possess anyone with real speed. Warner and Hughes stayed adjacent to the line and threaded the off-side with their punches, cuts, and muscled-drives.

T&T had to switch to plan B and Daren Ganga quickly brought on the spinners and medium-pacers with the ability to take pace off the ball. It worked initially as NSW slowed down from 50 in six overs to 77 in 11. The two spinners in operation at that period were the chinaman bowler Dave Mohammed and the accurate offspinner Sherwin Ganga who both took the ball away from the left-handed openers. Both batsmen managed to prevent the adrenalin rush from kicking in and played out this period intelligently with dabbed singles and twos.

They knew Daren Ganga had to change his bowlers at some point and the opportunity to break free came in the 12 th over against the legspinner Samuel Badree. Unlike Sherwin Ganga and Mohammed, Badree was guilty of overpitching his flighted deliveries and Warner took full toll: Two disappeared over long-on and long-off and as Badree, in trying to adjust his length, slipped in long-hops, Warner crashed them to square-leg and swung the last one over midwicket. Twenty-four runs were looted in that over and the run-rate had shot up again.

Daren Ganga did the obvious by taking out Badree and bringing back his two best spinners. Mohammed picked up Warner's wicket and teased Hughes with his variations but Hughes knew he had to just wait for the seamers to return. And when they did, he hit them around the ground. Ravi Rampaul, who had given away three boundaries in the first over of the innings, was carted to point and straight boundaries by Warner while Henriques lofted Lendl Simmons to long-on and to midwicket boundary.

Hughes was as unconventional as ever; those feet never seem to get in line but his bat does as he slashes and carves it around like a sword. There wasn't a single "beautiful" shot in the traditional sense of the word but then there is nothing traditional about Hughes' batting. However, there was, as ever, quite bit of skill in his violence. A shot that stood out from the general massacre that he was attempting to unleash was as deft and skilful as it gets: Rampaul almost slipped in a yorker on the middle stump in the 19th over, perhaps a touch short of the blockhole. Hughes had opened his stance, waiting to bludgeon it, but on seeing the length, he crouched back, opened the bat-face and guided it deliberately to left of backward point and to the boundary.

Hughes would have thought he had done enough to win the day but Pollard had other ideas.

Sriram Veera is a staff writer at Cricinfo
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
yo Pollard had ah demon in he bat today dred 54 runs off 18 balls...madness, well done fellas  :beermug:

on ah side note ah hope dwayne bravo battin picks back up because he been doin well with the ball

Boss...that demon always there, Is just that he is start to hit too early or get carried away, at least since he make the windies team. When he first burst on d scene, I see that man clear every stand in the oval...in one innings. When i say clear, i mean the ball went over the stands...every, single one! The man probly hit one four in that innings, i think. Only dealing in sixes. That was when he had now make the Trinidad side.

Then he get pick for the windies...and things start to go downhill for him. Hope he bats sensible(like today when he didn't take chances off Brett lee) for the rest of his life  and doh just try to hit every ball out of the park.

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
T & T putting some respect back into WI cricket...
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
my feed died on me after the fifth wkt fall. Looks like I missed a doozy.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
big side is big side. :beermug:

we eh big yuh know... WE LARGE!!

pollard come rel good today

wat a match!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

VB

Understatement of d yr
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

VB

Understatement of d yr

I was in a mtg so had to kill de live feed but kept lookin at cricinfo, ah almost jump outta meh seat everytime Pollard wollop sometin to or over de boundary, doi doi doi doi!!!
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Congrats. That is really super for the TT team.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
League A

Teams                 Mat Won Lost Tied N/R Pts
Trinidad & Tobago  2     2      0     0    0    4 
New South Wales   2    1       1     0    0    2
Eagles                  2    1      1      0    0    2
Somerset              2    0       2     0    0    0

League B

Teams                            Mat Won Lost Tied N/R Pts
Victoria                              2 2      0      0    0    4  
Cape Cobras                       1 1      0      0    0    2  
Delhi Daredevils                   1 0      1      0    0    0
Royal Challengers Bangalore   2 0      2      0    0    0

I thought this was the first match in this rounds  :-\
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
League A

Teams                 Mat Won Lost Tied N/R Pts
Trinidad & Tobago  2     2      0     0    0    4 
New South Wales   2    1       1     0    0    2
Eagles                  2    1      1      0    0    2
Somerset              2    0       2     0    0    0

League B

Teams                            Mat Won Lost Tied N/R Pts
Victoria                              2 2      0      0    0    4  
Cape Cobras                       1 1      0      0    0    2  
Delhi Daredevils                   1 0      1      0    0    0
Royal Challengers Bangalore   2 0      2      0    0    0

I thought this was the first match in this rounds  :-\

Yes it is the 1st match, points were carried over from previous round.
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 07:31:51 PM by dinho »

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Thanks for the link dinho  ;)
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Extended highlights of the T&T innings
http://www.hostingcup.com/t5h82qh5iz0y.html
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Is the Bravos turn now so watch out for them on Sunday,TT still haven't played to their optimum and when that happens some team will know bout it.Next edition is...Los Hermanos Bravos. 8)

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
"Here’s the innings in full, the two deliveries in red denoting balls where extras were scored:

. 1 . 4 1 . 1  .w 4 4 6 6 . 6 4 1 4 6 6

The two underlined sections were deliveries bowled by Moises Henriques, who was marmalised so severely that it would be no surprise if he were never seen on a cricket field again. By the end he was bowling pies with the look of a man who was so desperate for the ground to swallow him up that he was handing out shovels."

.....lol.....great quote
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ah could look at those highlights again and again and again............and again.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Extended highlights of the T&T innings
http://www.hostingcup.com/t5h82qh5iz0y.html

What a gem, absolutely magnificent
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ah could look at those highlights again and again and again............and again.

COSIGNNNNNN

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kieron Pollard abuses NSWWhen England first came across Kieron Pollard last winter, he seemed an ok sort of cricketer of the bits and pieces variety.  He chipped in with a few runs and a couple of wickets here and there.

Today he played an innings for Trinidad & Tobago that can only be described as abuse.  Royal Societies have been created for less.  He also managed to make this blog look rather foolish in the process, which I am not too ashamed to admit.

Nothing that happened during the first 16 overs of the T&T innings, chasing 170, was preparation for what followed.

Denesh Ramdin, who had been playing well, was out off the last ball of that 16th over, and it was 120/6.

51 runs required, 4 wickets in hand and just 24 balls to go.

And 12 of those were to be bowled by Brett Lee.

15 balls later, Pollard had won it, Lee’s final over not being required.

Pollard had scored 54 off just 18 deliveries, and 47 from only 11 (eleven!) at the end.

It was the type of onslaught that will make an Australian sports psychologist somewhere an awful lot of money.  Pollard did not use a bat, he walked out with a dungeon, manacles and an assortment of tools.

Here’s the innings in full, the two deliveries in red denoting balls where extras were scored:

. 1 . 4 1 . 1  .w 4 4 6 6 . 6 4 1 4 6 6

The two underlined sections were deliveries bowled by Moises Henriques, who was marmalised so severely that it would be no surprise if he were never seen on a cricket field again. By the end he was bowling pies with the look of a man who was so desperate for the ground to swallow him up that he was handing out shovels.

As well as the man of the match, this innings will win Pollard an IPL contract for 2010.  It all but guarantees T&T a semi-final place, and will have who-knows-what effect on NSW’s prospects.  Somerset will hope that they can take advantage of shell-shock rather than suffer a backlash.  And nobody will want to take on Trinidad & Tobago now.  Even in T20 terms, this was an incredible innings.

Ah love this summary, have to fall out of your chair laughing reading some of these expressions

1]; } ?>