March 28, 2024, 03:54:35 PM

Author Topic: The WICB is de worse  (Read 4060 times)

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The WICB is de worse
« on: October 19, 2009, 04:41:48 AM »
There is not one news story on their website about the CLT20, let alone T&T success thus far. Yet The ECB (England's equivalent) does http://www.ecb.co.uk/news/world/eagles-v-tt,308179,EN.html.

Oh jeezanages WICB, stop making we feel shame nah!

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The WICB is de worse
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 06:07:42 AM »
this is a tricky situation. Perhaps the WICBC does not feel it has to associate itself with the Champions League since TNT got to this stage through the Stanford 20/20. Also, Im not sure whether the Champions League is authorized under the ICC
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 06:24:20 AM »
this is a tricky situation. Perhaps the WICBC does not feel it has to associate itself with the Champions League since TNT got to this stage through the Stanford 20/20. Also, Im not sure whether the Champions League is authorized under the ICC

It has been authorised by the ICC, but otherwise I think you hit the nail on the head as to why the WICB wouldn't "recognise" the T&T team. Still though, it comes across as sour grapes :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 08:12:09 AM »

It has been authorised by the ICC, but otherwise I think you hit the nail on the head as to why the WICB wouldn't "recognise" the T&T team. Still though, it comes across as sour grapes :beermug:

Nonesense evrybody know how dey reach. Dey should b ashame dat dey was in bed wit Sanford in d 1st place. Dey had esteem company in dat fiasco.
There is not one news story on their website about the CLT20, let alone T&T success thus far. Yet The ECB (England's equivalent) does http://www.ecb.co.uk/news/world/eagles-v-tt,308179,EN.html.

Oh jeezanages WICB, stop making we feel shame nah!

U eh shame proof yet? Is d WICB
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 09:02:54 AM »

Whether it was via Stanford 20/20 or via Standford private jet (if he still have one), T&T are there as the champs of windies cricket, not as Stanford superstars. WICB have no class full stop.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 09:56:36 AM »
Doh lose no sleep over the WICB and the shit they protrait.
Ganga and the boys done dedicate their victories to the WHOLE West Indian community.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 10:01:36 AM »
Ganga and the boys done dedicate their victories to the WHOLE West Indian community.

All yuh Trinbigonians luv 2 wave d C'bb flag u feel Gayle woulda b tinkin bout TNT? All yuh take d highground but in dis 1 I lower than d white line d representin d RWB FULLSTOP.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 10:10:08 AM »

All yuh Trinbigonians luv 2 wave d C'bb flag u feel Gayle woulda b tinkin bout TNT? All yuh take d highground but in dis 1 I lower than d white line d representin d RWB FULLSTOP.

I agree...who give a damn about any other west indian nation...i don't.
TnT playing...i eh care about any other ingrates that go jump on our shoulders
Go TNT...is Trinbagonians playing...we have whole of India and everyone else watching us...Go TNT
whey boy!

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 10:42:17 AM »

How do you know that Gayle would not be thinking about the entire region in speaking to the press? Why should he think specifically about T&T when he's off representing Jamaica? That doesn't make sense.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 10:45:29 AM »
is tnt b4 WI
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 02:26:04 PM »
How Gayle come in this? Is de WICB we talkin bout! Focus people, focus!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 03:45:17 PM »
I hate making these kind of accusations. If it was any other island, the WIBC would have had it. That is unbelievable. TT is a founding member of the WIBC. We have always support the team to the max, even when we used to have one or two players on the team. There was a time we use to have two test matches. We use to support the matches to the max. Oval always full.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 04:54:03 PM »
How Gayle come in this? Is de WICB we talkin bout! Focus people, focus!

We talkin bout Ganga sayin he playin 4 d region. Gayle would say JA.

How do you know that Gayle would not be thinking about the entire region in speaking to the press? Why should he think specifically about T&T when he's off representing Jamaica? That doesn't make sense.

I know how dem fellas from d Yard does tink he would have neva talk bout d TNT.
is tnt b4 WI

Any day of the week

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 05:22:56 PM »
How all yuh know Gayle would not say he playing for JA and the region. We don't !!!!! don't we!!!!!

Wether other people in the regions are "jealous" of TT is beside the point. They are playing for the region. They won the regional tournament, so they representing TT and the WI. Honestly, I think this format is good. It probably we push regional cricket to a higher level. The local competitions have fallen off badly. That is why our (WI) has been underperforming.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 08:05:57 PM »
How all yuh know Gayle would not say he playing for JA and the region. We don't !!!!! don't we!!!!!

Wether other people in the regions are "jealous" of TT is beside the point. They are playing for the region. They won the regional tournament, so they representing TT and the WI. Honestly, I think this format is good. It probably we push regional cricket to a higher level. The local competitions have fallen off badly. That is why our (WI) has been underperforming.

Havin live JA 4 3yrs dem peeps is 4 deyself so no way Gayle would say he representin D WI.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 03:56:58 AM »
All yuh Trinbigonians luv 2 wave d C'bb flag u feel Gayle woulda b tinkin bout TNT? All yuh take d highground but in dis 1 I lower than d white line d representin d RWB FULLSTOP

We T&T have always been inclusive{remember the Federation}   :devil: and I cannot see that changing,we are leaders in the Caribbean and as such we have to be representing all,we cannot be of a small mind,if others indulge we should not follow

Raspect

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 06:59:57 AM »
All yuh Trinbigonians luv 2 wave d C'bb flag u feel Gayle woulda b tinkin bout TNT? All yuh take d highground but in dis 1 I lower than d white line d representin d RWB FULLSTOP

We T&T have always been inclusive{remember the Federation}   :devil: and I cannot see that changing,we are leaders in the Caribbean and as such we have to be representing all,we cannot be of a small mind,if others indulge we should not follow

Raspect

We eh representing anyone but TnT.
It's Trinidad and Tobago playing...doh get too swell headed...for once , just ONCE let's celebrate Trinidad and Tobago without hearing about anyone else trying to stick their nose in.
GO TNT!
whey boy!

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 08:43:45 AM »
But yuh know it really doh matter what WE on the board think about whether is a victory for the caribbean or T&T...Ganga done say he piece already.  What we think ent go change that.

Allyuh remember Ben Jonson win the 100m in the Olympics. everybody glad to say he have caribbean roots, when the mark buss, we quick to disown him.  Same thing Donovan Bailey.  When Bolt and them Jamaicans was eating up the tracks last year...trinis jump in the thing and claiming victory for the caribbean too.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 09:24:59 AM »
But yuh know it really doh matter what WE on the board think about whether is a victory for the caribbean or T&T...Ganga done say he piece already.  What we think ent go change that.

Allyuh remember Ben Jonson win the 100m in the Olympics. everybody glad to say he have caribbean roots, when the mark buss, we quick to disown him.  Same thing Donovan Bailey.  When Bolt and them Jamaicans was eating up the tracks last year...trinis jump in the thing and claiming victory for the caribbean too.

except when bolt do he ting last year we were there getting silver medals....
i eh see any other islands but TnT in CLT20.
whey boy!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2009, 05:17:07 PM »

We T&T have always been inclusive{remember the Federation}   :devil: and I cannot see that changing,we are leaders in the Caribbean and as such we have to be representing all,we cannot be of a small mind,if others indulge we should not follow

Raspect

Yes we always all inclusive while d rest eh care bout we. Yes it eh goin and change. Whe it come 2 WI cricket meh mind eh small it minuscule.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2009, 10:47:05 AM »
I may never have lived in Jamaica, but I've known dozens of Jamaicans from my time in both NY and Atlanta plus one of my closest friends is a Jamaican. They are as varied in views and mannerism as we are so to say that we know what Gayle or Jamaicans would do if they were where we are is unsupported speculation, pure and simple. Most Jamaicans, Bajans, Antiguans, etc. that I have met and have been uncomplimentary of Trinis have had good reason to be. We are arrogant, self-centred and disrespectful of their own countries' accomplishments. That being said, my general experience has been that what affects one island affects us all. They may not always like us, but when it comes down to it we have more in common with each other than we do with Australians or Englishmen and as a result they identify with our successes and failures internationally than we think they do.

Trinbagonians jump up and celebrate when Jamaica went to the WC, we were happy to see Bolt or Kim Collins win, but we can't see that this team is doing the same thing for the region that those guys. God really have a special place for us, I'm not so sure it's as nice a place as we think it is though.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2009, 05:49:18 PM »
I may never have lived in Jamaica, but I've known dozens of Jamaicans from my time in both NY and Atlanta plus one of my closest friends is a Jamaican. They are as varied in views and mannerism as we are so to say that we know what Gayle or Jamaicans would do if they were where we are is unsupported speculation, pure and simple. Most Jamaicans, Bajans, Antiguans, etc. that I have met and have been uncomplimentary of Trinis have had good reason to be. We are arrogant, self-centred and disrespectful of their own countries' accomplishments. That being said, my general experience has been that what affects one island affects us all. They may not always like us, but when it comes down to it we have more in common with each other than we do with Australians or Englishmen and as a result they identify with our successes and failures internationally than we think they do.

Trinbagonians jump up and celebrate when Jamaica went to the WC, we were happy to see Bolt or Kim Collins win, but we can't see that this team is doing the same thing for the region that those guys. God really have a special place for us, I'm not so sure it's as nice a place as we think it is though.

D difference is dat TNT players continue 2 cyah c d way on d WI team. Y then TNT beatin people it must b d WI team. As 4 knowin J'cans  d only good uncle I have iz a Jcan. Dat bein said d vast majority eh like we.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2009, 06:34:15 PM »
Keep in mind we are but one link in the chain...and the chain is as strong as its weakest link
Today is ours and they and those who celebrate with us
That being said...it should be all for one and one for all
Enjoy the moment and do not disrespect.. :devil:
Rastafari

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2009, 07:52:44 PM »
Keep in mind we are but one link in the chain...and the chain is as strong as its weakest link
Rastafari

Keep dreamin bout d all 4 1

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2009, 08:32:18 PM »
Rastafari

Weary, respect yuh viewpt., but yuh soundin real jaded sistren in dese posts, but here meh, not tryin to detract from de moment, leh we rally round we boyz for tomorrow, press on fellas.
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2009, 08:45:15 PM »
Rastafari

weary.
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2009, 10:09:58 PM »
Rastafari

Weary, respect yuh viewpt., but yuh soundin real jaded sistren in dese posts, but here meh, not tryin to detract from de moment, leh we rally round we boyz for tomorrow, press on fellas.

TNT all d way RWB.

1]; } ?>