April 25, 2024, 10:18:57 AM

Author Topic: Jack gets a handbag  (Read 2712 times)

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Jack gets a handbag
« on: October 22, 2009, 02:04:21 PM »
I don't know if to  :rotfl: or  :'( . but I'm definitely not  :o  :beermug:

2018 bid gives handbags as gifts
By James Pearce
BBC sports news correspondent

BBC Sport can reveal that England's 2018 World Cup bid team plans to give luxury handbags to the wives of all 24 members of Fifa's voting committee.

Fifa vice-president Jack Warner took delivery of his wife's bag during a recent trip to London.

Shadow sports minister Hugh Robertson claimed the move was "a massive misjudgement" and could backfire.

But Richard Caborn, ambassador for the bid, told BBC Sport: "We work within the rules. There is no embarrassment."

He insisted: "There are rules set down by the governing bodies, and it is about making sure we follow those rules, which we have."

However, the revelation raises questions about the integrity of the bidding process, and illustrates how the contest could become a "present frenzy", with different countries trying to outdo each other in terms of the gifts they give to the executive committee members.

The Fifa regulations are fairly vague, stipulating that "no monetary gifts of any kind of personal advantage can be provided by the bidders to Fifa or and Fifa members".

The rules are much slacker than the International Olympic Committee (IOC) regulations, which were tightened up after the Salt Lake City voting scandal.

IOC members are only allowed to accept gifts of "minimal" value and are not even allowed to visit any of the bidding cities.

In contrast, Fifa members are permitted to travel the world as much as they like, accepting chauffeur driven limousines and five star hotel accommodation from the competing countries.

Alec McGivan, who headed England's failed 2006 World Cup bid, told BBC Sport: "I think Fifa executive members are used to staying in the best hotels in the world and going to all the biggest sporting events.

"They have a luxury lifestyle really. When they turn up they expect to be well treated."

But Robertson has called on Fifa to tighten its rules ahead of what is likely to be the most competitive and high-profile contest in the history of World Cup bidding.

"If other bidding cities are doing this or worse, then Fifa needs to look at its rules as a priority and stop this kind of activity happening again in the future," he added.

The host countries for 2018 and 2022 are being decided in December 2010 and there are currently 10 different bids on the table.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jack gets a handbag
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 02:22:53 PM »
What in d handbag is of intrest 2 me.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 02:49:09 PM »
Jackula goin an keep dat
he ent coming out de closet anytime soon :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 03:30:03 PM »
Jackula goin an keep dat
he ent coming out de closet anytime soon :devil:

Oh gormmmmmmmmm
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 05:59:29 PM »

like you is scolari grandaughter..   Scolari - Scholar - football forum... ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 06:50:54 PM »
could picture jack in he wife dress and high heels and he new bag dancin and singin ggggggiiiirrrls j j j just wa wa wanna ha ha have fun.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 07:34:20 PM »
The only present I wish for Jack is a pair of handcuffs.... :devil:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 07:45:19 PM »
The only present I wish for Jack is a pair of handcuffs.... :devil:

COSIGNNNNNNNN
AMENNNNNNNNN

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 10:55:49 PM »
I say somebody should take de plastic bag that de handbag come in and put it over he head and then tickle him....

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 05:56:43 AM »
could picture jack in he wife dress and high heels and he new bag dancin and singin ggggggiiiirrrls j j j just wa wa wanna ha ha have fun.

Oh Lardddddddddddddddooooooooooooooooooooooo.   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Please pin dis up.. bookmark it.. do something.. Dont let it go to waste.
between you and weary Capo ah feel ah deadin.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 06:36:26 AM »

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 08:02:35 AM »

Handcuffs, Wips and Chains

Yuh still interested  ;)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 10:23:34 AM »

Handcuffs, Wips and Chains

Yuh still interested  ;)

Like u more intrested than me.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FIFA vice-president Jack Warner returns handbag
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2009, 03:39:47 PM »
Handbag gifts come back to haunt England 2018 World Cup bid
By Matt Scott (guardian.co.uk)

England 2018's handbags have become "a symbol of derision, betrayal and embarrassment for me and my family", according to one of the men who will decide whether the World Cup finals return to these shores.

The row over the bid's £230 Mulberry freebies presented to the wives of Fifa executive-committee members last month has returned to haunt the Football Association after the organisation's vice-president, Jack Warner, yesterday revealed he was sending back the promotional gift.

The made-in-England handbag was presented to Mrs Warner last month by the former FA chairman, Geoff Thompson, at a dinner event in London. The couple were attending the Leaders in Football conference where Warner, president of Concacaf, was a guest speaker.

The goodwill gesture caused a furore at a time when England's 2018 team had hoped attention would focus on the unveiling of their star-studded team of ambassadors. Instead they found themselves defending the decision to dispatch 24 handbags.

In a furious letter to the bid chairman, David Triesman, Warner, one of Sepp Blatter's right-hand men, says: "Had [my wife] or I known then that the acceptance of what we all felt was a kind gesture would have resulted in the tainting of her character and mine together with the untold embarrassment to which we are still being subjected, none of us would have attended the dinner, nor would she have accepted what we thought was a gift in honour of her birthday." He added: "I have faced and continue to face all kinds of indignities from all manner of persons, but when these insults touch my wife, it represents an all time low."

Warner was incensed at media coverage of England 2018's purchase of the bags, the value of which was comfortably within Fifa guidelines over what is an acceptable gift from bidding nations.

Embarrassingly for England 2018 the email was copied to the Fifa general secretary, Jérôme Valcke, and Concacaf's other Fifa ex-co member, Chuck Blazer. It is understood that this is not the first time Warner has written to Lord Triesman on the matter. A previous letter requesting a statement from the FA chairman to counter coverage of Warner's acceptance of the gift is said to have gone unacknowledged.

"Equally disappointing is the deafening silence from you and the FA and which seems to support these allegations," Warner tells Triesman. "No one has sought to correct this betrayal in a way that would unequivocally remove any doubt or question not only in the global village at large but among my few peers where honour is valued and character is cherished.

"This malaise of my wife and I has been allowed to fester for too long much to our embarrassment and the embarrassment of the institutions which I represent. In this regard, therefore, there is only one recourse: a return of this gift, which has become a symbol of derision, betrayal and embarrassment for me and my family."

Warner says he "will continue to be a friend" of the FA but insists "there is nothing that your FA can offer me to get my vote". Warner adds: "If England does get it, it is because Concacaf and I sincerely believe that England is deserving of the honour."

There is no suggestion that England 2018's gift was designed to be an inducement for Warner's vote in the ballot next December, nor that it broke any rules. "Fifa have a set of guidelines for all bidders which includes direction on what constitutes an acceptable campaign gift," said England 2018 last month. "All our gifts are carefully chosen so as to be within both the spirit and letter of that law."

There is confidence at the Wembley bid headquarters that talks with Warner since the letter arrived have mollified the Fifa powerbroker and that an amiable meeting can be arranged with Triesman when the men are in South Africa for the Soccerex conference and World Cup draw in the coming weeks.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2009, 03:41:42 PM »
yes Jack.. make dem swing on yuh stones... lol

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2009, 03:57:48 PM »
too funny

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2009, 04:06:18 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ...that gift perfect cause we all know Jack izzah BITCH!!!

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2009, 08:04:57 AM »
jack eh want de bag.

LONDON, Nov 5 (Reuters) - FIFA vice-president Jack Warner is returning a handbag given to his wife by England’s 2018 World Cup bid because he says it has become “a symbol of derision, betrayal and embarrassment”.

British newspapers reported on Thursday that the CONCACAF president had written to FA chairman Lord Triesman to complain about media coverage of what was intended to be a goodwill gesture.

Warner, one of the FIFA executive members who will decide who gets the tournament, also told Triesman that “there is nothing that your FA can offer me to get my vote.

“If England does get it, it is because CONCACAF and I sincerely believe that England is deserving.”

Warner kicked up a storm last month when the Trinidadian told a Leaders in Football conference in London that England’s bid was falling off the pace and needed more ‘stardust’.

The 230 pound ($378.8) handbag, whose cost is within FIFA guidelines over acceptable gifts, was given to Warner’s wife by former FA chairman Geoff Thompson at a dinner coinciding with that conference.

Warner was quoted as saying in his letter that subsequent media comments had “resulted in the tainting of her character and mine.

“I have faced and continue to face all kinds of indignities from all manner of persons,” he added. “But when these insults touch my wife, it represents an all-time low.

“This malaise of my wife and I has been allowed to fester for too long much to our embarrassment and the embarrassment of the institutions which I represent,” he added, criticising the “deafening silence” from the FA.

“In this regard, therefore there is only one recourse: a return of this gift, which has become a symbol of derision, betrayal and embarrassment for me and my family.”

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2009, 08:11:19 AM »
Anybody have a picture of Jack Warner's wife ?

Allyuh eh realise de richer Jack gets de uglier he is becoming.

I don't feel sorry for he nah, I feeling sorry for he wife, could you imagine what he wife have to go through every night watching this man sleeping next to you breathing hard hard on your neck.. yuh swear he some big bad boogie man trying to molest yuh.

And when he take off he glasses he does look like a pretty monster.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline coachman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2009, 10:14:09 AM »
Jack should ask for a state of the art stadium,for we in trini :rotfl:

1]; } ?>