April 28, 2024, 11:44:11 AM

Author Topic: TTFF man get a big bligh  (Read 8118 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF man get a big bligh
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2009, 12:02:26 PM »
Chief hater on board.  Couldn't resist to try and show how "sophisticated" he is. 

Too funny.

You done make it clear dat yuh go sell yuh soul and yuh ass cheeks fuh ah fluffy pillow and ah plane ticket... compared tuh you anybody else go seem "sophisticated".

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2009, 12:03:23 PM »
it eh bout hatin...I guess being the mouthpiece for jack does eventually reap some rewards

It easy to sit back here and chat.

But I suspect if dat same TTFF wuk dat Shaun doin was offered to any of us on this board, most would have jumped on it like saga pinto on a barebacked player....Jack or no Jack.  I know I fuh one woulda tek dah wuk.

Besides....Jack cyah be de easiest man to work for so who knows wha Shaun have to put up wit?  At de end of de day, de man travel de world, some of it first class, stay in de best hotels, doh have to pay a cent to do so, he meet & make important contacts, and he doin 2 things he passionate about which is workin in de field of journalism and followin football.  Now he gettin props in FIFA.

I doh begrudge he at all.  He could say wha he like bout me...I doh care.  Good for him.

What sad is that Trinidadians so never-see-come-see that some ah allyuh actually think dat is 'big wuk'... anybody used to travelling regularly would know dat it ent nearly as glamorous/prestigious as people make it out to be.

in the context of his current profession, his career ambitions in the field and with respect to the future opportunities that this will open up for him, for all intents and purposes that is 'ah big wuk'!

Travel or no travel this is ah real nice gig to have on his resume....

Congrats boy Fuentes, represent..

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2009, 12:10:42 PM »
That WOULD be a sweet work indeed

Congrats Mr TTFF Media Officer

buh try an get the spelling of players names RIGHT nuh
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2009, 12:15:44 PM »
in the context of his current profession, his career ambitions in the field and with respect to the future opportunities that this will open up for him, for all intents and purposes that is 'ah big wuk'!

The presumption here is that people in FIFA actually know who Shaun Fuentes is via his qualifications... that the position was obtained through merit and not the result of Jack Warner's patronage.  Of course I don't know either way, but knowing the nature of the beast we're dealing with I suspect it's more the latter.  As such, somebody decided or was ordered to throw Jack's favorite lapdog a bone.  However, as is often the case with nepotism, once the benefactor is removed from the equation the qualifications of the beneficiary is found wanting.

That WOULD be a sweet work indeed

Congrats Mr TTFF Media Officer

Anything that gets you away from yuh computer would count as upward mobility... or "sweet work", as yuh put it.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 12:17:20 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2009, 12:26:45 PM »

The presumption here is that people in FIFA actually know who Shaun Fuentes is via his qualifications... that the position was obtained through merit and not the result of Jack Warner's patronage.  Of course I don't know either way, but knowing the nature of the beast we're dealing with I suspect it's more the latter.  As such, somebody decided or was ordered to throw Jack's favorite lapdog a bone.  However, as is often the case with nepotism, once the benefactor is removed from the equation the qualifications of the beneficiary is found wanting.

I believe in some circles, this is referred to as Networking.. Using the influence of his connections within certain circles to achieve his goals.

And i for one will not begrudge the man that. Far better in my books that Fuentes is the one that gets the job than some other 'lapdog' from some other country probably less deserving and holding less merit..

I for one will say that if was me and it getting me where I want to go, I have absolutely no issue with being the benefactor of a favor to someone in a much better position than I am.. Of course its up to Fuentes now to prove himself in the capacity and move on to bigger and better things.. But sometimes you need that foot in the door, and this is it..

Doh grouse de man.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2009, 12:35:20 PM »

Doh grouse de man.

This is all I need to read to realize that I wasting my time prolonging this talk with you.

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2009, 12:44:44 PM »
Congrats Shaun...

It have real haters on the site fighting you down, but all they doing is confirming the true Trini "crab in barrel" syndrome...

You work SMART and you work HARD, and you get the REWARD... fire for everybody else...bless

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2009, 01:29:24 PM »
no wonder tnt football in de doldrums...jes look at how some ah allyuh thinking...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2009, 02:02:55 PM »
no wonder tnt football in de doldrums...jes look at how some ah allyuh thinking...

I remember about a year ago a few forumites (myself included) posted comments about Jack on the TnT Soca Warriors channel on You Tube.  Mr. Fuentes deleted it and promptly blocked us.   He then posted (either on this forum or over on You Tube) words to effect that we should be ashamed of ourselves for holding positions that are not in alignment with Jack/TTFF.
Now, the boy apparently learn well cuz nobody doh oppose Jack/TTFF and he set out to let us know it. 

So yuh right MEP, no wonder we football in de doldrums.....
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 05:56:52 PM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2009, 02:26:41 PM »
I just waiting to count the endless gramatical errors, lack of factual reporting and general poor editing.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2009, 02:59:03 PM »
I remember about a year ago a few forumites (myself included) posted comments about Jack on the TnT Soca Warriors channel on You Tube.  Mr. Fuentes deleted it and promptly blocked the us.   He then posted (either on this forum or over on You Tube) words to effect that we should be ashamed of ourselves for holding positions that are not in alignment with Jack/TTFF.
Now, the boy apparently learn well cuz nobody doh oppose Jack/TTFF and he set out to let us know it. 

So yuh right MEP, no wonder we football in doldrums.....

Last year I post on de channel that referring to RFK Stadium in DC as "The RFK..." was odd (imagine referring to Old Trafford, as "the Old Trafford").  He delete it and went de extra step to send me some shit-ass email essentially accusing me of the same thing these nannyholes in here saying... that I jealous ah he.  Kill dem dead these jokers actually believe dis fella in some big wuk yes.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2009, 05:23:33 PM »
I just waiting to count the endless gramatical errors, lack of factual reporting and general poor editing.

:-X
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2009, 05:43:51 PM »
One thing about Shaun Fuentes he feel everybody jealous he.

Allyuh ever see he giving us proops here compare to Lasana ?

Nobody jealous the dude, he just have a small man's mentality.

I spoke to him a few times at games and he was cool though. But once I mentioned the Soca Warriors Online he face changed.

Once you have a bad mind you will never see your way for long and working for the most corrupted man in football only in time things will get worst.

I can't vex with him, because man have to live and if he dont work for Jack, then someone else will. I just hope de spotlight thing don't go to his head.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2009, 06:51:14 PM »
Congrats Shaun...

It have real haters on the site fighting you down, but all they doing is confirming the true Trini "crab in barrel" syndrome...

You work SMART and you work HARD, and you get the REWARD... fire for everybody else...bless

doh get tie up!!  nobody jealous d man. let shaun like heself cuz i doubt it have anybody on dis forum who willin to be Jackula ass fly.

BTW, tell shaun ah say 'waiz d scene'!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2009, 07:00:18 PM »
De man is a typical idiot, trust me, he love de fame and glory. I hear nuff stories.

And them vids he did wasn't because of us, dont get tie up.

And when Jack empire falls I hope he goes too...
Well he on the scene before me and he only start doing it after ah tired give him the idea.Check the dates when he start posting to when I start asking,from this site .he start in 2007.And whether he did for us or not ,is besides the point,is a great idea he didnt think of, cause man was suffering for ah little clip self back in them days.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 08:35:09 PM by Quags »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2009, 08:24:28 PM »
I remember about a year ago a few forumites (myself included) posted comments about Jack on the TnT Soca Warriors channel on You Tube.  Mr. Fuentes deleted it and promptly blocked the us.   He then posted (either on this forum or over on You Tube) words to effect that we should be ashamed of ourselves for holding positions that are not in alignment with Jack/TTFF.

So yuh right MEP, no wonder we football in doldrums.....

Last year I post on de channel that referring to RFK Stadium in DC as "The RFK..." was odd (imagine referring to Old Trafford, as "the Old Trafford").  He delete it and went de extra step to send me some shit-ass email essentially accusing me of the same thing these nannyholes in here saying... that I jealous ah he.  Kill dem dead these jokers actually believe dis fella in some big wuk yes.

just out of curiosity, where in this thread did anyone accuse you of being 'jealous ah he'??

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2009, 12:33:26 PM »
just out of curiosity, where in this thread did anyone accuse you of being 'jealous ah he'??

Just out of curiosity, do you know the connotation of "hating/hater"... or yuh just like playing dotish on purpose??

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2009, 01:32:02 PM »
i wonder if Fuentes can speak he mind and bad talk Warner now.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2009, 01:46:39 PM »
i wonder if Fuentes can speak he mind and bad talk Warner now.

1 - Did he ever?

2 - If you were in his position, would you?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2009, 01:49:47 PM »
NOBODY in any job could speak their mind AND bad talk their boss without Serious repercussions
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2009, 06:13:33 PM »
Alright who is the macomere man who gone and show the man de thread and have him coasting on Facebook about we???

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2009, 06:16:42 PM »
Alright who is the macomere man who gone and show the man de thread and have him coasting on Facebook about we???
he had to find a way to stop his ears from ringing :D

ya tink he doh scope out this forum on a regular basis?
Jack have to keep he finger on the pulse of the Nation ;)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 06:26:08 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2009, 07:48:07 PM »

HE DOES READ IT 4 HIMSELF
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2009, 09:48:07 PM »
Well I think Fuentes suck really bad as a media dude, uses other people video for tnt games so we watching with Hispanic commentary etc.

He really don't deserve to be there but Congrats, poor FIFA, they just don't have good taste at all....

Might wanna hire someone who is "capable" and "do their job" but what do i know lol. rite?

Look at tnt youtube channel and the go over to ussoccerdotnet and see the difference. our site is soo ghetto.

Maybe if he did a good job for tnt there would be praises, sry.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 09:56:44 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2009, 07:53:33 AM »
Well it obvious that he get the job because of Jack. That is without question.

What is in question is whether he will make the most of the opportunity and go the extra mile to standout and be articulate and concise when doing his job. Checking and double checking facts etc.

It is an opportunity to be recognized and possibly get a better job somewhere along the lines.

1]; } ?>