April 29, 2024, 06:53:39 PM

Author Topic: D.C. sniper set to die by lethal injection  (Read 14177 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: D.C. sniper set to die by lethal injection
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2009, 01:52:05 PM »
Vengeance is not thine
Witnessing an execution doesn't always bring closure for the victims' survivors
By David Montgomery
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/09/AR2009110903493.html?hpid=topnews

Billy Smith stepped into the little room with the big window, seeking some mix of solace, satisfaction, justice, closure. He wasn't exactly sure. But he knew he had to be there. On the other side of the glass, strapped to a gurney with IV tubes in his arms, was the man who had murdered his father.

Smith had been just 18, fresh out of high school, when Willie Lloyd Turner gunned down Jack Smith during a robbery of the family jewelry store in 1978. After the trial and the appeals and the relentless legal maneuvering, the son was nearing middle age when, finally, in the spring of 1995, it was the killer's turn to die.

"Initially, I would have probably pulled the trigger and slept like a baby," Smith said recently. But the years had mellowed his feelings a bit. "I just wanted to see it over. It had been such a struggle for such a long time."

Too tense to sit, he stood near the glass, riveted, staring. Turner said only, "When will it start? Will I feel it?" The chemicals began to flow. Smith quickly realized he was unprepared for the experience of seeing a killer put to death. Unprepared to be so . . . underwhelmed.

"Within two minutes it's over," he says. "He doesn't flinch, he doesn't move, he goes to sleep. Then they say, 'Okay, it's time to go.' . . . The whole thing is very anticlimactic."

That's the first thing Smith would tell relatives of the victims of John Allen Muhammad who are journeying from as far as California and Idaho to witness the Washington sniper's execution by lethal injection scheduled for Tuesday night: The execution of a killer can be just a little disappointing.

'It helped to a degree'

The same note of ambivalence is what you tend to hear from other victims' relatives who've been there -- watching with tragic eyes from behind the glass in the lonely little witness room, where all is not resolved. They feel better. A little. Not much. It's not the better they thought they would feel. They can hardly explain why. They exit the room with most of the ache they carried in.

"It's not like, 'Whoopee!' " says Dale Alexander. "It's not like a ballgame, we won, home run."

Her daughter, Lisa Alexander Crider, 23, the mother of a 5-year-old boy, was raped and shot in the face with a shotgun on the banks of the James River on Mother's Day 1997. The killer, Brandon W. Hedrick, reportedly an acquaintance, was executed in the electric chair in 2006.

"It helped to see the completion," Alexander says. "It helped to a degree."

Smith and one of his sisters were the first in modern Virginia history to make that trip -- the very first to accept the commonwealth's invitation to victims' relatives to be in the audience for the last act.

What did he expect? He's still not certain. Something . . . more, after all the grief and loss and lawyers. A bang, not a whimper.

"If I had to compare it with the murder of my father, it was a very easy and peaceful death for Willie Turner," Smith says.

Turner barged into Smith Jewelers in the Tidewater town of Franklin. Jack Smith filled bags with money and jewelry. Then Turner shot him in the head and pumped two more rounds into his body after it hit the floor. Now Billy Smith, 49, runs the store, with his father looking down from a portrait on the wall.

"I don't think these people will get out of it what they expect," Smith says.

And yet, he adds: "I don't mean they shouldn't want to do it. Because I would do it again."

"I was relieved that it was over," he continues. "I was happy that justice was done, finally. . . . I would not have felt the same if I had not witnessed it. But watching it the way I saw it, I don't think made [the loss of my father] any easier. Sometimes I think I have more anger because it was so easy for [Turner]."

'I did my part'

Virginia has put to death 77 men since Smith witnessed Turner's execution. Relatives of the condemned are not allowed. More often than not, family members of victims have wanted to make the trip to the "death house" in the Greensville Correctional Center, in the little town of Jarratt, near the North Carolina border. But it's not for everyone. The 1994 execution of Timothy Wilson Spencer, the "Southside Strangler," was the first time Virginia began permitting victims' relatives to witness. No one took that opportunity.

The change in procedure was initiated in 1994 by then-Del. Robert F. McDonnell -- now the governor-elect -- whose proposed legislation actually went down to defeat by one vote in the state Senate. Supporters said bearing witness was a privilege owed to the relatives; critics said the idea was ghoulish and vengeful. Gov. George Allen enacted the provision by executive order.

Granting access to victims' relatives became common across the country in the 1980s and 1990s with the rise of the victim-rights movement. The 2001 execution of Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh was witnessed by more than 200 survivors and victims' relatives via closed-circuit television. Maryland also allows such witnesses. A parallel movement of victims' relatives against the death penalty also has grown, and members sometimes join vigils in protest of executions.

Linda Norton was against the death penalty until 1991, when Johnile DuBois beat and shot her mentally disabled brother, Philip C. Council, 39, in a convenience store in Portsmouth, because her brother couldn't get the cash drawer open fast enough. Norton and other relatives watched DuBois' execution in 1998.

"I wouldn't say it made me feel better," Norton says. "Did it make me feel worse? . . . It wasn't anything I was looking forward to seeing. It was something I felt I had to do. . . . It's to say, I was there, I saw it happen. I did my part to make sure whatever was supposed to happen, did happen."

The private room

Virginia's death house has two rooms for witnesses. One is for state officials, attorneys, clergy, reporters and volunteer citizen witnesses not connected to the crime, whose presence is also called for under Virginia law. The condemned person can see into this room.

The second room is for relatives of victims. It's sparsely furnished with just a few chairs. This room is darkened, so the witnesses can see out but the killer can't see in. Corrections officials don't publicly identify these witnesses, to protect their privacy.

Muhammad, 48, and his partner Lee Boyd Malvo, 24 -- now serving a life sentence -- killed 10 people during their 2002 rampage in the Washington area. With so many victims, the witness room may be packed.

"Space is limited," says Larry Traylor, director of communications for the Virginia Department of Corrections. "We're looking at victims from all over the country. . . . We're working with all the families to come up with a plan where the families certainly can be represented, maybe not in the volume of family members they would like to have there."

Elizabeth Majors couldn't sit -- she felt compelled to stand inside the little room with a view in the summer of 2008. When the fateful moment came, the feisty 72-year-old posted herself at the window, watching closely as the chemical cocktail flowed into Christopher Scott Emmett. Seven years earlier, in Danville, Emmett had beaten to death her son John Langley with a brass lamp as Langley lay sleeping. The two were co-workers for a roofing company, and Langley sometimes invited Emmett home for meals. They were sharing a motel room on an out-of-town job. After the murder, Emmett took $100 from Langley's wallet to buy crack.

"I wanted to see that he was put to death with no ifs, ands or buts about it," Majors says. "When he breathed his last breath and they pulled the curtain, I said, 'Thank God he's gone to hell and got it over with.' "

Another son, Gene Langley, stood beside his mother in the witness room. "My brother would want me standing there watching [Emmett] die," he says.

He goes on, in that ambivalent way of the witnesses: "That was our closure, knowing that he was not alive. But it didn't bring my brother back. It didn't do nothing."

Nothing, and yet maybe something: "When it was done, we was more at ease," Majors adds. "We knew things had been accomplished."

Last looks
Majors still cries when she thinks about her Johnny, who used to share the double-wide trailer with her in Valentines.

Alexander shows pictures of her murdered daughter, Lisa, to her new baby great-grandson, the son of that long-ago 5-year-old boy who grew up without a mother.

Norton misses her baby brother Philip, and grieves, too, for her late mother who never got over the murder of her youngest, most vulnerable child.

The witnesses contemplate the succeeding generations of survivors who will follow their own heavy footsteps into the little room in Jarratt. Tuesday night, the imperfectly fulfilling ritual unfolds again.

"When they get to Jarratt, and they watch him die, some of them are going to feel pressure lift right off of them," Langley says. "I hope they do get some closure. Bless their hearts, I really do."

It depends, says Billy Smith.

"They might come out of it saying, 'Dammit, they shot my mother, father, daughter, son, brother, sister down like a dog at a gas station, for nothing, and he just went to sleep.'

"Others may come out of it and say: 'I saw justice done.' "

Staff researcher Madonna Lebling contributed to this report.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2009, 02:02:18 PM »
Thanks Bitter nice read. If u could kill dem fellas asap it will help but d yrs dat pass does mellow d most hateful person who want 2 hang d person in d square when it happen.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2009, 02:42:38 PM »
Bitter I'm not sure what your post is supposed to prove... for every one person who says the execution doesn't bring closure you could probably find two or three who will say that it absolutely does.  One size does not fit all.

Also, that article doesn't discuss the emotions of having them executed... just the emotions of witnessing the execution.   Which can be underwhelming from what they are saying.  However I bet the emotions would be different if they did not witness the actual execution (and the accompanying let down).  Just the knowledge that "justice was served" would be gratifying, I'm sure.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 02:48:35 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2009, 03:03:22 PM »
Not trying to prove anything.
It's an interesting article and relevant to the thread.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2009, 05:18:36 PM »
Not trying to prove anything.
It's an interesting article and relevant to the thread.

That it is... will be even more relevant in about 3 hours.

truetrini

‘I’d like to be his executioner, period’
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2009, 06:57:04 PM »

Victims, relatives talk of sniper Muhammad ahead of his execution

RICHMOND, Va. - Some ache for revenge, others simply for justice. There is frustration, too, and defiance.

For those wounded by the D.C. snipers and for the relatives of those killed, the emotions leading up to the execution of the mastermind behind the 2002 attacks vary as widely as those who found themselves in the cross hairs.

John Allen Muhammad, 48, is set to die by injection in a Virginia prison on Tuesday, seven years after he and his teenage accomplice terrorized the area in and around the nation's capital for three weeks.
Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

Some family members can't wait to see Muhammad take his final breath. Others plan to make the trip to Virginia but never step foot on prison grounds.

And there are those who plan to spend the night at home with their families, satisfied that Muhammad is paying for what he's done but indifferent as to how it will happen.

'Last chapter'
For Nelson M. Rivera and Marion Lewis, watching Muhammad's execution will be the closest they will ever come to revenge.

"I feel like it's going to be the last chapter of this book and I want to see what his expression on his face is. And I want to see if he says anything," the 38-year-old Rivera said. "I want to see his face and see how he likes that — confronting his death."

Lori Ann Lewis-Rivera, who was Rivera's wife and Lewis' daughter, was killed as she vacuumed her van at a Kensington, Md., gas station.

Rivera, a Honduran immigrant who recently became a U.S. citizen, has remarried and had two more children since Lori was killed, leaving behind a 2-year-old daughter, Jocelin. He now works as a public-schools groundskeeper in the suburbs of Sacramento, Calif.

Still, "there is not one day I don't remember what happened and I don't remember my wife. This is going to be with me the rest of my life," Rivera said.

Lewis, 57, a laid-off construction worker, said he would like to tell Muhammad how losing his 25-year-old daughter devastated their family.

"For the hurt, the pain that he's caused my family, I'd like to be his executioner, period," Lewis said.

'Payment of his debt'
Robert Meyers takes some solace in knowing that Muhammad's execution is out of his hands.

He and his wife, Lori, plan to be in the witness booth, but not out of any bloodthirsty lust to watch his brother's killer meet his maker. Rather, he considers it justice being served, a sentence being carried out.

"The reason why this life is going to be taken has everything to do with choices that he made and the process that those choices took him through," said Meyers, 56, of Perkiomenville, Pa.

Executions in Virginia, home of the nation's second-busiest death chamber, usually are intimate affairs observed by a handful of lawyers, prison officials, the mandated six citizen witnesses, a few reporters and family members.

But the sheer number of victims — 10 killed and three injured in and around the nation's capital alone — has the state scrambling to accommodate all the people entitled to watch. Corrections officials are tightlipped about the arrangements, though relatives say each victim's family was offered two spots in the roughly 10-by-10 witness booth.

Click for related content
Read more news from across the U.S.

Meyers said he owed it to his brother, Dean Harold Meyers, to be there and that he also wanted to be there for other victims' families.

Dean Meyers, 53, a Vietnam vet and civil engineer, was the youngest of four brothers. He was shot in the head while filling up at a Manassas, Va., gas station. Muhammad's teenage accomplice, Lee Boyd Malvo, later bragged to police, laughing that Dean Meyers "was hit good. Dead immediately."

It was Meyers' murder that sent Muhammad to death row.

"We're expecting justice being done, but not from a vengeful standpoint," Robert Meyers said. "It is more about the payment of his debt to society, because that was decided by others."

Charles Moore believes Muhammad deserves to die, and he's frustrated that Malvo will not be on a gurney beside him.

"The only thing that would give me closure would be if I knew that Lee Boyd Malvo was being punished properly," said Moore, 80, of Gainesville, Fla.

Malvo, who was 17 at the time of the shootings, was convicted and sentenced to life in prison for killing Linda Franklin, a 47-year-old FBI analyst who was shot as she and her husband loaded supplies at a Home Depot in Falls Church, Va.

"I don't see how someone can plan and plot and commit murder, one right after the other, and get off with just life in prison, I don't care what their age is," Moore said.

Moore, a retired bioengineer at the University of Florida, said his daughter used to call him every morning "to tell me to get out of bed and start chasing my wife around the house or something."

He struggles with Parkinson's disease now, and says he can't afford the trip to Virginia to watch the execution. He's not really sure he would make the trip if he could, though.

"When my daughter was first killed, if I would have had a gun I would have been willing to kill him but right now I don't know how I feel," Moore said. "I don't want him turned loose on society, that's for sure."

'Put it behind me'
Caroline Seawell has refused to live the last seven years as a victim.

Sure, her ribs are deformed and there's a piece of mesh covering a hole in her diaphragm. But Seawell has been blessed with no major medical problems since a sniper's bullet raced into her back and through a handful of organs as she loaded a scarecrow and other Halloween decorations into her minivan.

She and her family moved to South Carolina not long after the shooting outside a Fredericksburg, Va., Michael's craft store. Her youngest son, now 11, doesn't even know about the shooting.

"I've been really good about being able to kind of just put it behind me," Seawell said. "I've been able to just continue on with my life."

In that defiant spirit, Seawell said she will not travel to Virginia to watch Muhammad take his last breath. He deserves to die for what he's done, she said, but after watching both parents die from cancer, she has no desire to witness another death.

"There was enough killing already with all of us," she said.

If anything, Seawell says the shooting has made her a much stronger person. If given the chance, she'd like to tell Muhammad and Malvo just that.

"They didn't do what they set out to do because they haven't devastated my life," she said. "I've been able to move on and continue and raise my children, which is exactly what I wanted to do.

"I don't want them to have any satisfaction out of the fact that they shot me."

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2009, 10:55:57 PM »
It's on scheduled they are going ahead with taking him out at 9pm EST

:beermug:

nobody wins when these things happen
I feelin yuh davy!  one of the best posts ever.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2009, 12:04:18 AM »
It's on scheduled they are going ahead with taking him out at 9pm EST

:beermug:

:beermug: :beermug:

I feelin yuh davy!  one of the best posts ever.

personally i wud never be a fan of anyone having their life snuffed out whether illegal or human-legal means..dis world is a sad place

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2009, 02:34:12 AM »

Try telling that to the surviving victims and their families.

The question is did the (families) win though?
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2009, 06:26:34 AM »
CNN.com
-- John Allen Muhammad, the mastermind of the Washington-area sniper attacks in 2002, has been executed, official says.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2009, 07:10:57 AM »
CNN.com
-- John Allen Muhammad, the mastermind of the Washington-area sniper attacks in 2002, has been executed, official says.

THEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ENDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2009, 07:18:51 AM »
Supposition

A society that imposes life incarceration for members that exhibit extreme anti-social behaviour, such as murder, reflects a trait of a truly civilized society. 

The costs of said incarceration is a tax that a civilized society should be willing to pay to separate those who commit atrocious acts, from the rest of the group.

When a society believes it is acceptable to kill a member of the group, I suggest that that society still has a long way to go before true civilization is attained.

Background

My wife's two first cousins were brutally stabbed and slashed to death several years ago (in Toronto). The two men were eventually caught and are serving what the Canadian Justice System calls life imprisonment, even though one of them is still appealing his case.  In the aftermath of the murders and the subsequent trials, I was initially surprised that the notions of revenge and the death penalty was never articulated amongst the family members.  Now I think I understand.  The hurt and loss will never go away, but I think most members of our family chose to appreciate what we have then dwell on what we lost.  Obviously, not all people will believe this to be an appropriate response.  It is not a simple binary decision.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2009, 08:04:48 AM »
that's a rap.the real judgement started lastnite at 9:11.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2009, 11:40:02 AM »

Why yuh doh ask them?

truetrini

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2009, 11:56:04 AM »

Why yuh doh ask them?

hahahahahahahahahaha

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2009, 12:28:31 PM »

Why yuh doh ask them?

You proven to be ah real Trini wid that reply dey!
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2009, 07:40:37 AM »

The question, posed to 438 men and three women since Texas resumed executions Dec. 7, 1982, is simple.

"Do you wish to make a last statement?"

Last Statements

The DC sniper did not say any last words, but here are some quotes from the 438 men and three women:

Karla Faye Tucker #777 Last Statement: Yes sir, I would like to say to all of you – the Thornton family and Jerry Dean’s family that I am so sorry. I hope God will give you peace with this. Baby, I love you. Ron, give Peggy a hug for me. Everybody has been so good to me. I love all of you very much. I am going to be face to face with Jesus now. Warden Baggett, thank all of you so much. You have been so good to me. I love all of you very much. I will see you all when you get there. I will wait for you.

"Well, Mom," Marcus Cotton said March 3, 2004, "sometimes it works out like this."

"Where's Mr. Marino's mother? Did you get my letter? Just wanted to let you know, I sincerely meant everything I wrote. I am sorry for the pain. I am sorry for the life I took from you," Gerald Mitchell said on Oct. 22, 2001.

"The only statement I want to make is that I am an innocent man — convicted of a crime I did not commit. I have been persecuted for 12 years for something I did not do. From God's dust I came and to dust I will return — so the earth shall become my throne. I gotta go, road dog. I love you, Gabby," Cameron Todd Willingham said in his Feb. 17, 2004, final statement that ended with profanity.

"Where's my stunt double when you need one?" asked Vincent Gutierrez on March 28, 2007.

"What is about to transpire in a few minutes is wrong. However, we as human beings do make mistakes and errors. This execution is one of those wrongs, yet doesn't mean our whole system of justice is wrong. Therefore, I would forgive all who have taken part in any way in my death."
Ronald Clark O'Bryan, executed March 31, 1984, for using cyanide-laced Halloween candy to kill his son Timothy in 1974.

"You call me a cold-blooded murderer. I didn't tie anyone to a stretcher. I didn't pump any poison into anybody's veins from behind a locked door. ... I call this and your society a bunch of cold-blooded murderers."
Henry Porter, July 9, 1985, for the 1975 shooting death of Fort Worth police officer Henry Mailloux.

"Let's do it man. Lock and load. Ain't life a (expletive deleted)."
G.W. Green, Nov. 12, 1991, for the 1976 shooting death of John Denson, a Montgomery County juvenile probation officer, during a burglary.

"I just want everyone to know that the prosecutor and Bill Scott are sorry sons of bitches."
Edward Ellis, March 3, 1992, for 1983 suffocation death of Bertie Elizabeth Eakens, 74, of Houston, during a robbery.

"I am innocent, innocent, innocent. Make no mistake about this; I owe society nothing. Continue the struggle for human rights, helping those who are innocent. ... Something very wrong is taking place tonight. May God bless you all. I am ready."
Leonel Torres Herrera, May 12, 1993, for the 1981 shooting death of Los Fresnos police officer Enrique Carrisalez.

"I want to say that the bad evil man I was when I came to death row 13 years ago is no more – by the power of God; Jesus Christ; God Almighty; Holy Spirit, he has transformed me as a new creature of Christ."
Herman Clark, Dec. 6, 1994, for the 1981 shooting death of Joseph McClain of Houston during a robbery.

"First off, to the Rosenbaum family, to Cindy, to Scott, to everyone, I just want to say I have nothing but love for you. And I mean that from the deepest part. I can only tell you that Clark did not die in vain. I don't mean to offend you by saying that, but what I mean by that is, through his death, he led this man to God. I have nothing but love for you."
Troy Dale Farris, Jan. 13, 1999, for the 1983 shooting death of Tarrant County Sheriff's Deputy Clark Murell Rosenbaum Jr. during a drug buy.

"I'm an innocent black man that is being murdered. This is a lynching that is happening in America tonight. There's overwhelming and compelling evidence of my defense that has never been heard in any court of America. ... They are murdering me tonight."
Gary Graham, June 22, 2000, for the 1981 shooting death of Bobby Grant of Tucson, Ariz., during a robbery outside of a supermarket in Houston.

"To all of the racist white folks in America that hate black folks and to all of the black folks in America that hate themselves: the infamous words of my famous legendary brother, Matt Turner, 'Y'all kiss my black ass.' Let's do it."
Brian Roberson, Aug, 9, 2000 for the 1986, stabbing death of James Louis Boots, 79, during a Dallas burglary.

"First I would like to speak to the victims' family. ... You guys know that I am guilty and I am sorry for what I have done. ... And I want you to know that Christina, she did not suffer as much as you think she did. I promise you that. I give you my word. I know you guys want to know where the rest of her remains are. I put her remains in the Trinity River."
Jason Eric Massey, April 3, 2001, for the 1993 shooting deaths of James Brian King, 14, and Christina Benjamin, 13, in Ellis County.

"The only thing I want to say is that I appreciate the hospitality that you guys have shown me and the respect; and the last meal was really good."
James Collier, Dec. 11, 2002, for the 1995 shooting deaths of Gwendolyn Joy Reed and Timmy Reed during a kidnapping attempt in Wichita Falls.

"I charge the people of the jury, trial judge, the prosecutor that cheated to get this conviction. I charge each and every one of you with the murder of an innocent man. ... You will answer to your maker when God has found out that you executed an innocent man ... Go ahead Warden, murder me. Jesus take me home."
Roy Pippin, March 29, 2007, for the 1994 shooting deaths of Elmer Buitrago and Fabio Buitrago during a Houston kidnapping related to missing drug money.

'Uh, I don't know, um, I don't know what to say. I don't know. I didn't know anybody was there. Howdy."
strong>James Clark, April 11, 2007, for the 1993 rape and robbery during murder of Shari Crews, 17, of Denton.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2009, 09:07:45 AM »
saw de documentary lastnite...city of fear,beltway sniper....this fella really had the devil in he ass.he kill every race,gender.he even shot a 13 year old boy,he survive.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

truetrini

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2009, 10:41:09 AM »

The question, posed to 438 men and three women since Texas resumed executions Dec. 7, 1982, is simple.

"Do you wish to make a last statement?"

Last Statements

The DC sniper did not say any last words, but here are some quotes from the 438 men and three women:

Karla Faye Tucker #777 Last Statement: Yes sir, I would like to say to all of you – the Thornton family and Jerry Dean’s family that I am so sorry. I hope God will give you peace with this. Baby, I love you. Ron, give Peggy a hug for me. Everybody has been so good to me. I love all of you very much. I am going to be face to face with Jesus now. Warden Baggett, thank all of you so much. You have been so good to me. I love all of you very much. I will see you all when you get there. I will wait for you.

"Well, Mom," Marcus Cotton said March 3, 2004, "sometimes it works out like this."

"Where's Mr. Marino's mother? Did you get my letter? Just wanted to let you know, I sincerely meant everything I wrote. I am sorry for the pain. I am sorry for the life I took from you," Gerald Mitchell said on Oct. 22, 2001.

"The only statement I want to make is that I am an innocent man — convicted of a crime I did not commit. I have been persecuted for 12 years for something I did not do. From God's dust I came and to dust I will return — so the earth shall become my throne. I gotta go, road dog. I love you, Gabby," Cameron Todd Willingham said in his Feb. 17, 2004, final statement that ended with profanity.

"Where's my stunt double when you need one?" asked Vincent Gutierrez on March 28, 2007.

"What is about to transpire in a few minutes is wrong. However, we as human beings do make mistakes and errors. This execution is one of those wrongs, yet doesn't mean our whole system of justice is wrong. Therefore, I would forgive all who have taken part in any way in my death."
Ronald Clark O'Bryan, executed March 31, 1984, for using cyanide-laced Halloween candy to kill his son Timothy in 1974.

"You call me a cold-blooded murderer. I didn't tie anyone to a stretcher. I didn't pump any poison into anybody's veins from behind a locked door. ... I call this and your society a bunch of cold-blooded murderers."
Henry Porter, July 9, 1985, for the 1975 shooting death of Fort Worth police officer Henry Mailloux.

"Let's do it man. Lock and load. Ain't life a (expletive deleted)."
G.W. Green, Nov. 12, 1991, for the 1976 shooting death of John Denson, a Montgomery County juvenile probation officer, during a burglary.

"I just want everyone to know that the prosecutor and Bill Scott are sorry sons of bitches."
Edward Ellis, March 3, 1992, for 1983 suffocation death of Bertie Elizabeth Eakens, 74, of Houston, during a robbery.

"I am innocent, innocent, innocent. Make no mistake about this; I owe society nothing. Continue the struggle for human rights, helping those who are innocent. ... Something very wrong is taking place tonight. May God bless you all. I am ready."
Leonel Torres Herrera, May 12, 1993, for the 1981 shooting death of Los Fresnos police officer Enrique Carrisalez.

"I want to say that the bad evil man I was when I came to death row 13 years ago is no more – by the power of God; Jesus Christ; God Almighty; Holy Spirit, he has transformed me as a new creature of Christ."
Herman Clark, Dec. 6, 1994, for the 1981 shooting death of Joseph McClain of Houston during a robbery.

"First off, to the Rosenbaum family, to Cindy, to Scott, to everyone, I just want to say I have nothing but love for you. And I mean that from the deepest part. I can only tell you that Clark did not die in vain. I don't mean to offend you by saying that, but what I mean by that is, through his death, he led this man to God. I have nothing but love for you."
Troy Dale Farris, Jan. 13, 1999, for the 1983 shooting death of Tarrant County Sheriff's Deputy Clark Murell Rosenbaum Jr. during a drug buy.

"I'm an innocent black man that is being murdered. This is a lynching that is happening in America tonight. There's overwhelming and compelling evidence of my defense that has never been heard in any court of America. ... They are murdering me tonight."
Gary Graham, June 22, 2000, for the 1981 shooting death of Bobby Grant of Tucson, Ariz., during a robbery outside of a supermarket in Houston.

"To all of the racist white folks in America that hate black folks and to all of the black folks in America that hate themselves: the infamous words of my famous legendary brother, Matt Turner, 'Y'all kiss my black ass.' Let's do it."
Brian Roberson, Aug, 9, 2000 for the 1986, stabbing death of James Louis Boots, 79, during a Dallas burglary.

"First I would like to speak to the victims' family. ... You guys know that I am guilty and I am sorry for what I have done. ... And I want you to know that Christina, she did not suffer as much as you think she did. I promise you that. I give you my word. I know you guys want to know where the rest of her remains are. I put her remains in the Trinity River."
Jason Eric Massey, April 3, 2001, for the 1993 shooting deaths of James Brian King, 14, and Christina Benjamin, 13, in Ellis County.

"The only thing I want to say is that I appreciate the hospitality that you guys have shown me and the respect; and the last meal was really good."
James Collier, Dec. 11, 2002, for the 1995 shooting deaths of Gwendolyn Joy Reed and Timmy Reed during a kidnapping attempt in Wichita Falls.

"I charge the people of the jury, trial judge, the prosecutor that cheated to get this conviction. I charge each and every one of you with the murder of an innocent man. ... You will answer to your maker when God has found out that you executed an innocent man ... Go ahead Warden, murder me. Jesus take me home."
Roy Pippin, March 29, 2007, for the 1994 shooting deaths of Elmer Buitrago and Fabio Buitrago during a Houston kidnapping related to missing drug money.

'Uh, I don't know, um, I don't know what to say. I don't know. I didn't know anybody was there. Howdy."
strong>James Clark, April 11, 2007, for the 1993 rape and robbery during murder of Shari Crews, 17, of Denton.

kILL DEY MODDER c**t.  yUH READ THE SUMMARY OF WHAT DESE f**kERS DO/

oNE f**kER PULL UP AT A RED light, look over and see ah 22 year old chinee girl he say :I going and rob she...pull out a gun and blast she temple, dey find he c**t driving she car blood soaked pants and brain matter in he hair...fry dey c**t!

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2009, 01:22:50 PM »
saw de documentary lastnite...city of fear,beltway sniper....this fella really had the devil in he ass.he kill every race,gender.he even shot a 13 year old boy,he survive.

yeah ras, they crossed the line once they start with chirren.   on the show they said that malvo is in isolation 23 hours a day and he have 1 hour outside in a cage.   damn, i wonder what thoughts cross his mind now. 

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2009, 04:31:45 PM »

yeah ras, they crossed the line once they start with chirren.   on the show they said that malvo is in isolation 23 hours a day and he have 1 hour outside in a cage.   damn, i wonder what thoughts cross his mind now. 

Taking of any life is crossing the line fari.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2009, 05:58:39 PM »

kILL DEY MODDER c**t.  yUH READ THE SUMMARY OF WHAT DESE f**kERS DO/

oNE f**kER PULL UP AT A RED light, look over and see ah 22 year old chinee girl he say :I going and rob she...pull out a gun and blast she temple, dey find he c**t driving she car blood soaked pants and brain matter in he hair...fry dey c**t!
[/quote]

keep them in jail forever ...

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2009, 07:24:21 PM »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2009, 07:35:44 PM »

While putting down some serious wuk on ah piece ah KFC thigh, mukumsplau made TriniCana sigh and cuss out the poultry gods......"damn you sons of bitches/fackin bastards i say"....damn you!

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2009, 08:10:29 PM »

While putting down some serious wuk on ah piece ah KFC thigh, mukumsplau made TriniCana sigh and cuss out the poultry gods......"damn you sons of bitches/fackin bastards i say"....damn you!

Cana, eating KFC in Trini is OK but not so in Canada. Hope yuh doh get sick tonight.  If you do, I does make house calls

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2009, 09:12:23 PM »
pecan ya mad?
you wha mrs pecan to crack my neck? ah see she already and she look like she could fight.

meh intestines could handle anything.....dis afternoon ah come ein from Minnesota and i ain't do grocery for bout 2 weeks, so dat that piece ah chicken was dinner/supper. ah actually forget how the Trini KFC does taste. :-\

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2009, 02:00:04 PM »
Another reason why I have no sympathy for people who commit murder...especially, especially when the victim is a child. Hang them high OR inject they ass, I don't care!

Ask me why???
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/16/north.carolina.missing.girl/index.html

Girl's body found in North Carolina, police sayBy Gabriel Falcon, CNN
November 16, 2009 2:42 p.m. EST

Shaniya Davis, 5, was reported missing last week. Authorities said they found her body Monday.

(CNN) -- The body of a missing 5-year-old girl has been found in North Carolina, police said Monday.

Theresa Chance, public information officer of the Fayetteville Police Department, confirmed the girl's body was discovered.

A statement from Fayetteville Police Chief Tom Bergamine said positive identification was being sought for the recovered body. In a separate e-mail to CNN, Fayetteville police said the body found was that of the missing girl, Shaniya Davis.

About 200 people had been searching for the child's body after "reliable information" indicated that she might be dead, according to Fayetteville police.

Searchers located the body shortly after 1 p.m. ET, Chance told reporters. People at the scene, including searchers and police officers, were "torn up," she said.

The search focused on land near a roadway because "reliable information received that the body of Shaniya Davis may have been dumped there," a police statement said.

Investigators had been searching for Shaniya for several days.

Police have charged the girl's mother, Antoinette Nicole Davis, with trafficking and other offenses, authorities said. Davis was "prostituting her child," Chance said.

Other charges against the mother include felony child abuse, prostitution and filing a false police report, according to the Fayetteville Police Department.

The mother told police last week that the child vanished from their mobile home in Fayetteville.

Hotel surveillance video taken around the same time Shaniya was reported missing showed the girl with a man identified as Mario Andrette McNeill. He was charged with first-degree kidnapping.

Police said they dropped kidnapping charges against another man, Clarence Coe, who was arrested Thursday in connection with the case.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2009, 03:25:17 PM »
Geez.

I was so sure they would have found that little girl alive and well.

I'm curious as to why they dropped charges against Coe when he was the one seen taking the child from the trailer park in his car.

We should avoid rushing to judgment against the mother on that charge of prostituting her child... I'm not sure how they would conclude that when the child didn't live with her and was only visiting.  Only evidence giving rise to that charge would seem to come from would-be "johns"... and at this point everybody is a suspect and as such likely to give up their mother if it means them getting off the hook.

Mr. McNeil has a lot of explaining to do.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2009, 07:51:29 PM »
Geez.

I was so sure they would have found that little girl alive and well.

I'm curious as to why they dropped charges against Coe when he was the one seen taking the child from the trailer park in his car.

We should avoid rushing to judgment against the mother on that charge of prostituting her child... I'm not sure how they would conclude that when the child didn't live with her and was only visiting.  Only evidence giving rise to that charge would seem to come from would-be "johns"... and at this point everybody is a suspect and as such likely to give up their mother if it means them getting off the hook.

Mr. McNeil has a lot of explaining to do.

I was following this story since Sunday morning, and I felt they will find this child because I kept saying family disrupt. So I really didn't assume the worst. Today in board meeting I in the back listening to them blah blah and my cell phone buzz. I took a glance at it and first thing to read CNN breaking news "The body of missing 5-year-old Shaniya Davis has been found near Sanford, North Carolina, police say". One anger just took over my  senses that I heard absolutely nothing for a full 4 mins from those talking in front. What can a 5 year old child do to provoke you into killing her? Bakes I haven't reach the stage of saying 'who did it' because I'm sure they still trying to patch some pieces together. i won't be surprised if this child was raped, sodomized and tortured. Eh 5 years old.

As you said, I did read about the mother prostituting her child, but I myself can't see that as a possibility because the child was just visiting.  But with the 2 photos of the man holding the bare feet child entering the elevator, have me second guessing that prostitution angle.

And now another CNN.com headline Oklahoma doctor held in death of son, 9
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/16/oklahoma.child.slaying/index.html

And then people saying life imprisonment? Nah some deaths are justified!! Swing dey ass man!

« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 07:54:46 PM by Rookmin »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2009, 08:01:33 PM »
Another reason why I have no sympathy for people who commit murder...especially, especially when the victim is a child. Hang them high OR inject they ass, I don't care!

Ask me why???
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/16/north.carolina.missing.girl/index.html

Girl's body found in North Carolina, police sayBy Gabriel Falcon, CNN
November 16, 2009 2:42 p.m. EST

Shaniya Davis, 5, was reported missing last week. Authorities said they found her body Monday.

(CNN) -- The body of a missing 5-year-old girl has been found in North Carolina, police said Monday.

Theresa Chance, public information officer of the Fayetteville Police Department, confirmed the girl's body was discovered.

A statement from Fayetteville Police Chief Tom Bergamine said positive identification was being sought for the recovered body. In a separate e-mail to CNN, Fayetteville police said the body found was that of the missing girl, Shaniya Davis.

About 200 people had been searching for the child's body after "reliable information" indicated that she might be dead, according to Fayetteville police.

Searchers located the body shortly after 1 p.m. ET, Chance told reporters. People at the scene, including searchers and police officers, were "torn up," she said.

The search focused on land near a roadway because "reliable information received that the body of Shaniya Davis may have been dumped there," a police statement said.

Investigators had been searching for Shaniya for several days.

Police have charged the girl's mother, Antoinette Nicole Davis, with trafficking and other offenses, authorities said. Davis was "prostituting her child," Chance said.

Other charges against the mother include felony child abuse, prostitution and filing a false police report, according to the Fayetteville Police Department.

The mother told police last week that the child vanished from their mobile home in Fayetteville.

Hotel surveillance video taken around the same time Shaniya was reported missing showed the girl with a man identified as Mario Andrette McNeill. He was charged with first-degree kidnapping.

Police said they dropped kidnapping charges against another man, Clarence Coe, who was arrested Thursday in connection with the case.

they need to simplify this death penalty. general population for all. look how dahmer went out - the first prison riot, they handle him one time.

1]; } ?>