April 23, 2024, 04:02:43 AM

Author Topic: The best dribbler in the history of football  (Read 15601 times)

Offline keelz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The best dribbler in the history of football
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2009, 07:07:02 AM »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2009, 08:33:38 AM »
Warren Archibald!!!!!!

Deeks yuh picking Archie over DeLeon for Dribbling?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2009, 08:37:31 AM »
It pains me that Dwight Yorke was forced to change his natural game when he went to England. Had he gone Italy or anywhere else allyuh woulda see dribbler.
That boy was sickkkk !!!!

Sombody talk bout turning up a man on the line with no space......I see Dwight do that to a Trintoc man in Shaw Park down bu the corner flag, when we was still going school....notice I didn't use no school boy opposition as a reference.

...AND HE WOULDNA SEEN NO TREBLE ::)
Actually I belive that he would have reached super stardom earlier in his life.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2009, 09:41:56 AM »
I eh know about best in history, but any of allyuh ever see Gio Kinkladze? Talk about dribble & simply have man backing. I use to watch Man City just to watch he.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2009, 10:49:35 AM »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dribble galore: De original Ronaldo
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2013, 08:55:30 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/uVueW6X7TM0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/uVueW6X7TM0</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2013, 09:58:26 PM »
Enzo Francescoli for sure!
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2013, 09:59:46 PM »
RE: Ronaldo

Tremendous spatial awareness.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 10:05:27 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2013, 11:22:13 PM »
RE: Ronaldo

Tremendous spatial awareness.

Messi and Cronaldo could keep all dem records... look de baddest ever right there. Of All Time!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2013, 11:27:13 PM »
 :notworthy: :notworthy: Ronaldo :applause: :applause:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2013, 06:53:42 AM »
I still doh see how men does try to force metronaldo into a conversation like this.... ???

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2013, 08:44:50 AM »
Jeezanages this topic is a real headache , too much names to mention , but for me.(. Pele ) was de man ah see him live in person do he ting in trini ..... but garrincha was ah genius with de ball at he feet.. even de maestro pele say so heself many can testify to that , includingzagallo  who played alongside  de man (Garrincha) ..... next is (george best) but  he let alcohol mash him up in he prime .... one of the world's best players who never play in a world cup , that was manchester united  star boy ( george best). ... de man was deadly.... now ah going local ah must mention  these names cuz de fellas were damn good !!!warren archibald, leo (Twinkletoes) brewster, leroy de leon . Ron la Forest. Tom phillips.everard  cummings.....  Noel sammy llewelyn . wayne lewis .russell latapy .......ok ah go stop now is too much to mention ....  ah doh know  if we realise how much frigging talented players came through de ranks in trini lawddd well yes , . what memories!!!! over to you guys on the forum . ah might come back with a few more names thats worthy of mention i had the opportunity of seeing played and played with and against  but thats for a next post ah keeping it purely local  for de hour ....

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2013, 09:36:32 AM »
Pele, Garrincha and Best have to get credit for being so much better than defenders at the time.  But yuh also have to consider how primitive defending was back then.

In Ronaldo's time defending had evolved and become much smarter than in the 60s and 70s.
This man went to Serie A when it was known for having great defending, and utterly destroyed them.

Nobody better than Ronaldo, none.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2013, 10:42:03 AM »
Pele, Garrincha and Best have to get credit for being so much better than defenders at the time.  But yuh also have to consider how primitive defending was back then.

In Ronaldo's time defending had evolved and become much smarter than in the 60s and 70s.
This man went to Serie A when it was known for having great defending, and utterly destroyed them.

Nobody better than Ronaldo, none.

Yeah, the fatman had some real skills. I eh know why he seems to have become the forgotten man amidst all the Messi hype, although Messi is ah boss in his own right.

Speaking of fatman, he looking fitter these days (sorry to have gone off topic a bit)

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://rushtravel.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/ronaldo-losing-weight1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.zimbio.com/Indonesia/articles/ZKj2wqkYyKj/Pictures%2Bvideo%2BRonaldo%2Bweight%2Bloss%2Bprogramme&h=450&w=597&sz=27&tbnid=EZfXLTMHTSS5mM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=119&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dronaldo%2Bcelebrity%2Bfat%2Bclub%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=ronaldo+celebrity+fat+club&usg=___75TDXPjESDYfgPSAmsXfbbk9fs=&docid=XLv-2k6yjSdg9M&hl=en&sa=X&ei=XVo_UZXsHeKA0AH_0IGIAg&ved=0CDoQ9QEwAg&dur=4585

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2013, 12:13:56 PM »
This thread too haphazard. Lehwe establish criteria.

I'll start.

To be eligible, the player must have exhibited the ability to dribble multiple players arising from the same continuous movement (whether consecutively, sequentially, simultaneously, repeatedly etc.) No one-one dribble will be accepted.

Why? Because the mano a mano 1 v 1, is par fuh de course in football. Yeah, occasionally we'll see some exceptional 1 v 1 work, buh when yuh consider that excellent dribblers attract multiple markers, I think iz time to separate the men from the boys.

Ronaldo = in by that criterion. George Best = in by that criterion. Who else? Produce yuh video evidence.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 12:17:30 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2013, 12:44:46 PM »
This thread too haphazard. Lehwe establish criteria.

I'll start.

To be eligible, the player must have exhibited the ability to dribble multiple players arising from the same continuous movement (whether consecutively, sequentially, simultaneously, repeatedly etc.) No one-one dribble will be accepted.

Why? Because the mano a mano 1 v 1, is par fuh de course in football. Yeah, occasionally we'll see some exceptional 1 v 1 work, buh when yuh consider that excellent dribblers attract multiple markers, I think iz time to separate the men from the boys.

Ronaldo = in by that criterion. George Best = in by that criterion. Who else? Produce yuh video evidence.

I eh have no video to post, nor can I even remember how to friggin' post dem ting (Sorry yuh instructions went to waste, DieHard.  :D) but yuh cyah tell meh Dat Ian Clauzel doh meet any of dem "criteria".  :D

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2013, 01:19:08 PM »
I could vouch fuh Clauzel. :) ... but that brings up another criterion: quality of opposition.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 01:21:22 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2013, 01:27:03 PM »
I could vouch fuh Clauzel. :) ... but that brings up another criterion: quality of opposition.

well, as long as he sharing beat amongst his/her "peers" it doh really matter.....which brings up another name for me (no pun intended): My gyul, Mata. she does/used to ress it good on dem gyul and dem!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2013, 01:28:01 PM »

well, as long as he sharing beat amongst his/her "peers" it doh really matter.....which brings up another name for me (no pun intended): My gyul, Mata. she does/used to ress it good on dem gyul and dem!

Mata... I know you real like Chelsea bad

:rotfl:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2013, 01:35:52 PM »

well, as long as he sharing beat amongst his/her "peers" it doh really matter.....which brings up another name for me (no pun intended): My gyul, MataMarta! she does/used to ress it good on dem gyul and dem!

Mata... I know you real like Chelsea bad

:rotfl:

:rotfl: Oh SHIT!! Sorry, sorry!  Yuh ketch meh dey, Ah was now gettin' ready to talk shit! Me eh even THINKIN' 'bout chelsea! lmao! Look ah correck it!  :D

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2013, 11:45:14 AM »
Criterion #3:

The dribbling must be appropriate? effective? achieve something? something so :)

1]; } ?>