March 28, 2024, 02:23:47 PM

Author Topic: Revised West Indies Squad for Aussieland  (Read 2176 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Revised West Indies Squad for Aussieland
« on: October 30, 2009, 04:49:55 PM »
gayle
barath
deonarine/ganga/lil bravo - take yuh pick, all of them eligible
sarwan
chanderpaul
big bravo
ramdin
mohammed
taylor
rampaul
edwards

subs: roach, jaggy, simmons, lil bravo, pollard, ganga, nash

if the selectors give ganga this team to captain, west indies will do well.. mark my words, if he is not given a team which he selects, ganga will not do well in aussieland, its all based on the team selected by ganga, the head coach and selectors
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 04:53:03 PM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Revised West Indies Squad for Aussieland
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 10:26:17 AM »
i think deonarine making a strong case, even more so than nash, in fact deo is a better bowler than nash and batsman, nash has the aussie experience, main reason nash did well and he has more years of 1st class being older, however deo should be in that middle order, lil bravo should tour but not start..

gayle
barath
sarwan
chanderpaul
deonarine
bravo
ramdin
taylor
mohammed
rampaul
edwards
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 10:33:02 AM by Controversial »

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 12:44:08 PM »
http://www.cricinfo.com/ausvwi09/content/current/story/432696.html

So this is the official squad for the test series down under:

Squad: Chris Gayle (capt), Adrian Barath, Sulieman Benn, Dwayne Bravo, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Narsingh Deonarine, Travis Dowlin, Brendan Nash, Denesh Ramdin, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Darren Sammy, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Jerome Taylor, Gavin Tonge.

No Fidel Edwards  ??? ???
Glad to see Rampaul in the mix again  :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 01:03:40 PM »
No Simmons eh .

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 01:58:59 PM »
Tonge and Roach are good pics, but I would have still preferred to have Edwards in the team. A spinner like Jaggie instead of Benn would have been a plus......especially against AUS
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 03:24:25 PM »
No Edwards? Is he injured? I'd have picked Simmons ahead of Dowlin, but not enough between the two to make a fuss. After all the bitching and moaning from people on the site only 2 Bajans on the team.

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 03:48:41 PM »
No Edwards? Is he injured? I'd have picked Simmons ahead of Dowlin, but not enough between the two to make a fuss. After all the bitching and moaning from people on the site only 2 Bajans on the team.

You come back with that talk again......
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 10:29:18 PM »
What shit is that ,can Bat as good ah Simmons ? ,can he bowl as good ,can he wicket keep ,is he as good  a feilder ?.Can he face Australian bowling as good as Simmo ? Are you saying Dowlin will be part of WI future as much as Simmons. Wolf I starting to wonder bout you .

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 11:29:22 PM »
What shit is that ,can Bat as good ah Simmons ? ,can he bowl as good ,can he wicket keep ,is he as good  a feilder ?.Can he face Australian bowling as good as Simmo ? Are you saying Dowlin will be part of WI future as much as Simmons. Wolf I starting to wonder bout you .

breddah you should know wolfman does talk plenty garbage and knows little about good selections, so yuh beating a dead horse, real dead horse, simmons should have been there, along with pollard, ganga and mohammed

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 10:07:12 PM »

Oh get a frigging grip. Why so frigging emotional? Again, clearly I've stated I'd have picked Simmons over Dowlin so what the f**k is the problem? Why allyuh so hung up on picking Trinis on a team that any view that accepts a Trini not getting picked you go all f**king crazy? As for your questions, there isn't much difference between Simmons and Dowlin when it comes to facing Aussie bowling. They'll both probably be out of their depth. That's my opinion. Deal with it. Simmons is not being picked to keep wicket for the Windies so that question is moot, not to mention ridiculous. Dowlin is actually a good fielder, so what if Simmons is better? I'd dare say that Simmons is a better fielder than Sarwan, Barath or Deonarine, would you drop any of them for Simmons?

Controversial, go sit on a rusty nail and stay out of sensible people conversation. If you were as good at selecting teams you'd be doing it for a living. You're no better at it than the people here giving their opinions.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2009, 10:49:19 AM »

Oh get a frigging grip. Why so frigging emotional? Again, clearly I've stated I'd have picked Simmons over Dowlin so what the f**k is the problem? Why allyuh so hung up on picking Trinis on a team that any view that accepts a Trini not getting picked you go all f**king crazy? As for your questions, there isn't much difference between Simmons and Dowlin when it comes to facing Aussie bowling. They'll both probably be out of their depth. That's my opinion. Deal with it. Simmons is not being picked to keep wicket for the Windies so that question is moot, not to mention ridiculous. Dowlin is actually a good fielder, so what if Simmons is better? I'd dare say that Simmons is a better fielder than Sarwan, Barath or Deonarine, would you drop any of them for Simmons?

Controversial, go sit on a rusty nail and stay out of sensible people conversation. If you were as good at selecting teams you'd be doing it for a living. You're no better at it than the people here giving their opinions.

i guess thats why most of the teams i selected for tt have been the team  :devil: why do you ignore the fact that most of the west indies team should be trini bc of merit? i dont understand why time and time again you agree with racists like butts on selections of the wi team and they continue to fail.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2009, 12:18:50 PM »
Who is the back up keeper... :devil:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2009, 01:35:29 PM »
it would have been simmons if hey dropped dowling

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 09:32:28 AM »
i guess thats why most of the teams i selected for tt have been the team  :devil: why do you ignore the fact that most of the west indies team should be trini bc of merit? i dont understand why time and time again you agree with racists like butts on selections of the wi team and they continue to fail.

Who says I agree with the selections? There's seldom been a team that I have 100% agreed with, but at the end of the day it's easy as a spectator to pick the perfect team. We can never make a mistake. What I do not agree with is that the solution to the Windies fortunes on the field lies in selecting more T&T players.

The regional game is weak, whatever our successes in it, and selecting more Trinis will just highlight those deficiencies from our country. With the exception of our spinners, some of the names we throw out there are not clearly better than the people selected ahead of them. We might like to see them in international cricket from a national pride perspective, but the world doesn't revolve around T&T and at least for now the important thing is for West Indies cricket to be successful. Picking Simmons, Pollard or Darren Bravo will not improve the Windies enough (if at all) to be competitive against the better international teams. However, the problem is not those guys, but the state of the game in the region.

Dowlin shouldn't be there in my opinion, but none of the other guys made a significantly good case for selection that I would say they were more deserving of a spot. He's as likely to fail as any of them so why get worked up over his inclusion? It doesn't make sense.

1]; } ?>