April 25, 2024, 01:38:49 PM

Author Topic: Warner to Abuja Fans - You're Shameful, Unpatriotic  (Read 4381 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warner to Abuja Fans - You're Shameful, Unpatriotic
« on: November 03, 2009, 05:45:59 AM »
Warner to Abuja Fans - You're Shameful, Unpatriotic
Ismaila Lere and Orkula Shaagee (Daily Trust)

FIFA Vice President Jack Warner yesterday revealed that the football ruling body is not happy with the poor attendance of the local fans at the FIFA U-17 World Cup venues, as well as the attitude of Nigerian fans during Nigeria's first match against Germany.

According to statistics released by FIFA, only 471,934 watched the first 72 games in the first round, representing an average of 13,109 per match.

Warner, a native of Trinidad and Tobago, told reporters at a media briefing in Abuja that it was a shame to see Nigerian fans booing their national team after it was trailing the Europeans by 3-0.

He stated that the most annoying thing was to see the soccer fans leave the match venue after Germany's second and third goals were scored, stressing that whatever happened the home fans would have stayed behind to cheer their team to recover from the setback.

"It was a shame that Nigerian fans were booing their team, and some even walked out of the venue when the match was still on. Whatever was the scores, they would have stayed to give them support, and it is satisfying the boys played their game and ended it 3-3", Warner said.

He recalled that the spectators booed the team and left the stadium in annoyance.

He condemned the attitude, saying that it did not show patriotism.

"It is unpardonable that when the Golden Eaglets needed support most was when the spectators booed them and eventually left the stadium.

"A team needs support most when it is down, but unfortunately the Abuja case was different.

"I am not impressed with the spectators, especially those who booed and walked away when the team was down and needed them most.

"You can imagine the spectators booing the boys who are 17 years old.

"If I were a young Nigerian footballer, I would have cried to see what the adults did, because that was not the best way to behave.

"You do not need friends when you are coping up; you need friends when you are down, but when the team was down to Germany, the spectators walked out on them and booed them.

"To me that was unpardonable," he insisted.

He said that FIFA would, however, not like to dwell on the past and urged spectators to make amends and show the world that Nigeria was a football country by filling the Abuja National Stadium to its brim on Thursday when the Golden Eaglets would tackle New Zealand in the knockout stage of the championship.

"We expect the stadium packed to its 60,000 capacity in the coming matches," he said.

On the other hand, Warner commended the level of security provided by the country at hotels and match venues, saying the standard was impressive.

"I am over-satisfied with the security situation at the stadia and other venues", he added.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Re: Warner to Abuja Fans - You're Shameful, Unpatriotic
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 06:15:25 AM »
"I am over-satisfied with the security situation at the stadia and other venues", he added.

Can you really be "over-satisfied?"  ???

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 07:16:02 AM »
Really it is shameful....booing 16 and 17 year olds, and walking out on them.......they got to be real hard core

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 07:18:05 AM »
Really it is shameful....booing 16 and 17 year olds, and walking out on them.......they got to be real hard core

Steups....Jack should be the last person to talk bout people who shameful....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 07:27:53 AM »
 >:( It's Shameful to steal from National players after they have represented your Country with pride and dignity ....Jack need to shut the F#ck up!!!...Don't throw rocks when U live in a glass house..!!!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 07:35:54 AM by noize »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 07:34:51 AM »
>:( It's Shameful to steal from National players after they have represented your Country with pride and dignity ....Jack Need to shut the F#ck up!!!...Don't throws rocks when U live in a glass house..!!!

:beermug:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 07:42:00 AM »

I remeber going to the HCS to see TT play I think it was Croatia in the under 17 WC here and it only had about 2000 people.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 08:15:20 AM »

I remeber going to the HCS to see TT play I think it was Croatia in the under 17 WC here and it only had about 2000 people.

I doubt that, these games in T&T were well attended. I have video footage, I going and watch that to make sure.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 08:33:22 AM »

I doubt that, these games in T&T were well attended. I have video footage, I going and watch that to make sure.

tt-croatia, middle ah d day, heavy ass rain, work day....was their crowd scanty
tt-aus, middle ah d day, damn hot sun, weekend... was their better crowd but.............
tt-brazil, evening, stadium almost full, good atmosphere, but ah got the feelin dat brazil was d crowd puller :-\ stadium rock for every goal :-\ and I mean every goal even when it became apparent that we were gettin ah ass kickin :-\  odder than that semis and finals was packed
I pity the fool....

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 08:34:44 AM »
I was at that game. That was when Nkosi Blackman scored a beauty. The stadium was about less that half full.I wouldn't say 2000 though. It was the opener. The other games were well attended. We did a very good job hosting that tournament.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 08:35:45 AM »

tt-croatia, middle ah d day, heavy ass rain, work day....was their crowd scanty
tt-aus, middle ah d day, damn hot sun, weekend... was their better crowd but.............
tt-brazil, evening, stadium almost full, good atmosphere, but ah got the feelin dat brazil was d crowd puller :-\ stadium rock for every goal :-\ and I mean every goal even when it became apparent that we were gettin ah ass kickin :-\  odder than that semis and finals was packed

Quite right , plenty rain no ass, no need for chaser with de bottle of rum ah had and as I said before if it had 2000 people there it had plenty.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 08:41:11 AM »
Trinis would have done the same thing.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 10:44:09 AM »

Speak for yourself Jah Gol!  ???
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2009, 10:45:49 AM »

Hard tuh ignore de messenger... but Jack and Black Chinee have ah point.  Collective apathy (and corruption) is why Nigeria has never fulfilled all that potential they sitting on.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2009, 10:53:49 AM »

I said Trinis not me. You never see people leave the stadium in droves ?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2009, 10:57:18 AM »

I said Trinis not me.

From what I remember, Trinis didn't do the same thing when we hosted the tournament and were outmatched.

Also with regards to the crowds.. Apart from the first few games, as soon as word caught on most of the games in that tournament here was ram out.. Quality football was on show and the price was right.. $10 uncovered and $20 covered.. By and large, people lapped that up.

I remember fighting up to get a ticket for Nigeria v Burkina Faso in de Larry Gomes.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2009, 11:28:25 AM »
I remember it not being well advertised beforehand.....as Omar said, it only caught on after the first few games or so....after that, the stadium was ram for every game....Dwight Yorke Stadium that is eh....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2009, 11:33:22 AM »
I remember it not being well advertised beforehand.....as Omar said, it only caught on after the first few games or so....after that, the stadium was ram for every game....Dwight Yorke Stadium that is eh....
The T&T vs Brazil Game it took me all day to get a ticket. Then I was in the Stadium from 3 pm. The stadium ram, although we get six.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2009, 12:07:30 PM »

I said Trinis not me. You never see people leave the stadium in droves ?

So I guess then you are not a Trini then, that explains it!
Btw are you Nigerian by any chance?  8)

And yes btw I have seen Trinis leave the stadium in droves, when the game done!   :angel:
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 12:10:28 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2009, 06:16:16 PM »
The stadium had a lot of people but not a sell out. I was expecting to see more but say wha....? The Nigerians run all over NZ. Plus the kiwis lose a man to a red card.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2009, 06:30:56 PM »

Lost Ball
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2009, 11:27:04 AM »

yea, I have to agree. I think the games were really well attended, even the ones that didn't feature TnT.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2009, 11:29:33 AM »

yea, I have to agree. I think the games were really well attended, even the ones that didn't feature TnT.

It had real school chirren because each team was twin wit a school.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2009, 12:41:08 AM »
>:( It's Shameful to steal from National players after they have represented your Country with pride and dignity ....Jack Need to shut the F#ck up!!!...Don't throws rocks when U live in a glass house..!!!

:beermug:
:beermug: :beermug:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2009, 01:52:13 PM »
Warner to the Minister of Security

New crime plan visionless—Jack
Published: 9 Nov 2009

Chaguanas West MP Jack Warner, yesterday described the new crime plan of Minister of National Security, Martin Joseph, as “visionless, repetitious and uninspiring.”

Maybe so Jackass, so where is your crime fighting plan, because it will have to start or include somewhere in it's body you and the TTFF(Tried, True, and Found Frivolous)

« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 02:01:09 PM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2009, 06:56:58 PM »
Looks like he 'shamed' the gov't into buying out tickets from him. Mo money mo money

http://allafrica.com/stories/200910300179.html

Free Tickets Mar Kaduna Games
Ibraheem Musa and Ismail Mudashir

Kaduna — Pandemonium broke out yesterday around Ahmadu Bello Stadium as hundreds of sports lovers stormed the venue of the on going under 17-FIFA world cup soccer competition, demanding to enter free of charge because Kaduna state government had already paid for the match.

From a mild scuffle at the gate, the incident degenerated into a major conflict which almost marred the competition as policemen fired several canisters of tear gas to disperse the irate crowd and the mob responded by hurling stones and other missiles at the cops. Significantly, the billows of tear gas smoke that was aimed at dispersing the crowd also filtered back to the stadium and this caused a mild stir.

However, the exchange between the policemen and the crowd outside the stadium lasted for over 40 minutes, forcing motorists and other passers-by to make a detour from Junction and Constitution roads. SportsTrust saw scores of people running for cover with either handkerchiefs on the faces or a piece of cloth, to escape the irritation of tear gas.

Explaining to Trustsports what led to the scuffle, Alhaji Saidu Adamu, the commissioner of information and chairman of media subcommittee of the event, said that Kaduna state government actually paid N35 million which represents payment for 60 percent of all the matches that will be played in Kaduna. The remaining 40 percent has been reserved for all sports lovers in the state, he added.

According to him, entry into the stadium, in spite of government's largesse, can only be done upon the presentation of tickets at the gates. The trouble began when many sports lovers stormed the gates without tickets, insisting to be allowed in as Kaduna state government had paid for the tickets, he added.

It will be recalled that during the opening match which held last Monday, the gates were flung open for all and sundry, after the first match and as a result, the 20,000 capacity stadium was filled to the brim. Yesterday, sports lovers thought that the event will be like the last outing, SportsTrust learnt.

Last Monday, the police public relations officer of Kaduna command, ASP Aminu Lawal told Daily Trust that 4,500 policemen have been deployed to police the sports event, with 2,000 coming from neighboring states. The cops have been stationed at the stadium, major roads and hotels where FIFA officials and players are being accommodated.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2009, 07:03:26 PM »
More reports of governments handing the people's money over to FIFA just so.

Lagos pay N32m to buy 15000 seats for Under-17

FCT buys 40000 tickets

Enugu pays for 10000 tickets

1]; } ?>